PDA

View Full Version : S-Tronic tune?

SeattleGrey
01-16-2015, 09:54 AM
The RS5 is my second car with a dual clutch gearbox. I also have a 2008 R32. One of the best mods I did to the R32 was a GIAC tune on the DSG. By increasing the clutch pressures the shifts became almost instant in manual mode and would "snap" rather than "roll" into the next gear. I am wondering if anyone knows of tuning software for the S-Tronic that might deliver a similar improvement. Thank you.

KmorgsRS5
01-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Not sure if there is a tune for the S-Tronic in the RS5. I know it is tuned to be more aggressive from the factory than the S5.

superswiss
01-16-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm curious. Do you ensure the transmission is in S before you go to manual mode? This step puts the transmission and engine in dynamic mode. I've driven many DSG cars in the meantime and they are all much softer than the RS5 with transmission in dynamic mode. It bangs the gears pretty well, but you need to give it throttle.

jetRS5
01-19-2015, 10:26 AM
APR does a tune for the RS5 as far as I know. I have not tried it, but it appears this would void Audi's warranty.

KmorgsRS5
01-19-2015, 10:47 AM
APR does a tune for the RS5 as far as I know. I have not tried it, but it appears this would void Audi's warranty.

I believe that APR only has a tune for the engine, not transmission. I could be wrong though.

I wouldn't want to risk tuning the transmission or engine for minimal gains. I am starting to have some electrical gremlins and not worth risking the warranty. But, to each his own....

S5xy
01-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Don't think there's a tune for the transmission. APR's tune, as far as their website details, doesn't affect the transmission.

Surprised you're not content with the stock dual-clutch. I've driven all the other German competitors except for Porsche's PDK and am far more impressed by the one in the RS5 than the others.

SeattleGrey
01-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Don't think there's a tune for the transmission. APR's tune, as far as their website details, doesn't affect the transmission.

Surprised you're not content with the stock dual-clutch. I've driven all the other German competitors except for Porsche's PDK and am far more impressed by the one in the RS5 than the others.

You would have to drive my R32 to understand. The shifts at low to mid throttle are sharp like when heavy throttle is applied to the RS5. I have greater control at speeds under 70MPH. It really improves performance in tight twistys!