PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust for Deep Rumble Sound

LiLS
01-06-2015, 10:24 AM
I keep listening to all these videos and was wondering which exhaust to get.
I dont really care how loud the exhaust is I jsut want a deep low rumble and not that raspy sound if you guys understand me.

I was thinking AWE touring with downpipes or should I just get the track version? From waht i heard the track version seems raspy but alot of the recordings dont sound the same.

Hoping someone could give me some insight.

DAZMAN
01-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Have AWE touring with non res downpipes on my 09 s5 v8. A beautiful deep low rumble- not too loud. Gains your neighbors attention off the line for sure! Hope one opinion helps. I don't want excessively loud pipes either. IF so, I would learn to play bagpipes

LiLS
01-06-2015, 09:08 PM
Have AWE touring with non res downpipes on my 09 s5 v8. A beautiful deep low rumble- not too loud. Gains your neighbors attention off the line for sure! Hope one opinion helps. I don't want excessively loud pipes either. IF so, I would learn to play bagpipes

sounds good! see i dont mind being super loud i just hate the raspy sound lol

Agrs5
01-10-2015, 06:31 PM
have you looked into capristo exhaust

CaribGrunt
01-10-2015, 10:10 PM
^ Hahhahah, better question what's in your wallet?

flyfishing
01-11-2015, 07:31 PM
i have a miltek non-res and it is a deep low rumble.

DAZMAN
01-13-2015, 11:38 AM
Im telling you man, the awe touring are phenomenal and I wish I could send you audio but it will NOT do it justice. Go with the AWES. you wont be disappointed!

mozman68
01-13-2015, 12:29 PM

This...same exact specs for me except I'm on the stock downpipes. It is the most beautiful sound in the world. There is a vid in build thread (last page)...link is below.

Boden AutoHaus
01-15-2015, 06:39 PM
I would recommend the Akrapovic. Not only does it sound fantastic but it's also titanium for some pretty serious weight reduction. Shoot us a message if your interested!

Heres a quick clip our friends over at TAG put together that really displays the sound characteristics well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESkR2yaGZ_0

JayRS5
01-21-2015, 11:01 AM
I have to agree with Boden! The Akrapovic system is amazing in terms of sound and build quality. Their pricing is a bit on the steeper side of things...

If you want loud and booming I recommend GMG WC exhaust or the AWE Extreme Touring Exhaust.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in any of these systems

GMG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANwAY8VpjkM

AWE Extreme Track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFKhULhaRtc

LiLS
01-21-2015, 01:38 PM
I actually have an S5 and not an RS5

JayRS5
01-21-2015, 02:26 PM
Your thread is in the RS5 section. Are you still looking for the exhaust? We actually have the full AWE system in stock at the shop I work at... I can hook it up for you if you want. We also have the stage 2 in stock

LiLS
01-21-2015, 08:34 PM
Your thread is in the RS5 section. Are you still looking for the exhaust? We actually have the full AWE system in stock at the shop I work at... I can hook it up for you if you want. We also have the stage 2 in stock

but i posted in the V8 section....
V8 S5/RS5 Specific *NEW*
Discussion Forum relating specifically to the V8-powered S5 and RS 5

whats the stage 2??

JayRS5
01-23-2015, 11:56 AM
but i posted in the V8 section....
V8 S5/RS5 Specific *NEW*
Discussion Forum relating specifically to the V8-powered S5 and RS 5

whats the stage 2??

Stage 2 supercharger, and we also have the stage 1 tune. PM'ed you about the exhaust