PDA

View Full Version : Vag-Com gone...just like that

saejin
08-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Awhile back I bought a Vag-Com from a user on this forum. He wanted to borrow it and I mailed it to him. The first time he mailed it back...cool.
He ended up buying an R32 and started hanging out on a VW forum. He asked to use it again to setup his supercharger. When I asked for it back he kept giving me excuses. Well I come to find out he sold it on that forum for $250. I had to track him down and find him on the forum. He wouldn't reply to my emails or IM's.

Now that I've found him, the forum admins on the VW site keep deleting my posts and warning me to keep it off the site...that I should handle it directly with him. WTF!!!

He does business on that forum and other users should be aware of what he did. This is bogus, what do you guys think I should do. I'm out a Vag-Com and really need one bad now. I just want the guy to buy me another one or give me the money he sold it for.

I won't post his ID at this time. Before he was a good guy, just want to find out whats' up first before I drop his name. Some of you may know him.

angryswede
08-27-2005, 07:42 PM
drop his name, have someone who lives in the city there call him on jacking you for your VAG. that's bullshit.

did you contact the police? screenshot the for sale post / page if you can. do you have a tracking number for sending it to him, or any emails?

saejin
08-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Don't think the police can help. He didn't physically steal it from me. I loaned it to him, so the police would say "hey you gave it to him, oh well".

I've got all the emails detailing the time I sent him the Vag-Com and the post of when he sold it. The guy won't even respond to anything I send him. I've even told him I didn't care about the fact he sold it, just acknowledge something.

Anyway, i went and bought the obdtool and it should work for what I need it for. Now all i want from this guy is the money I paid for the obdtool.

Oh yeah, its not over though. I know where he lives and I'll track him down sometime. I'll get $250 out of him one way or another.

d2a4
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Holly smoke, I been there before. I sold a chipped ECU and mail it together with the VAG cable so he can recode himself. When I aks for it back, he keep making excuses (vacation, already mailed out, saw it come back...). Luckily, he finally sent it back. Another time, I loan to a local guy (100 miles away). Two months later, I ask for it back, the guy ignore me. He post on another place said he will VAG any car for beer. I finally track him down and nicely asking for it back. He finally brought it back. I promised myself I will never loan it out again (sorry, twice aready). I will VAG any car close to me, but will not able to loan it out anymore. LOL
Ryan

CO AVANT
09-01-2005, 11:19 AM
sorry man, that sucks. I don't loan my shit out to anyone, unless I am right there watching them.

MR VTEC
09-02-2005, 08:55 AM
did his r32 catch on fire a month or two ago while being stuck in mudd?

saejin
09-02-2005, 12:03 PM
He finally contacted me and said he had his sister mail it and it got lost...
the post where he sold a vag-com was for a friend of his...

anyway he agreed to pay the $86 I spent on an obdtool, but I still need the full version of the software...i asked to cough up another $99 for that. still waiting on his reply.

OverSpun
09-27-2005, 04:54 PM
who was it? post his name and maybe someone knows him