PDA

View Full Version : my new 2014 RS5

2014RS5
05-22-2014, 09:30 PM
feel's like the transmission is slipping when under hard acceleration , the rpm's shoot up then the car grabs sometimes making a loud bang ? anyone? advise please [rolleyes]

MichaelB1969
05-22-2014, 09:35 PM
That does not sound like anything I've experienced. The only time my DSG acts unruly is when I accelerate hard and shift early (as in 2,500 rpm or so). And I only have done so without really meaning to. Typically I would be much lighter on the throttle if shifting early. And if I was on the throttle hard, I'd shift somewhere at or above 4,500. Or above 8,000 rpm of course. :-)

What your describing sounds totally abnormal to me and I'd bring it to the dealer ASAP.

Good luck,
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

MichaelB1969
05-22-2014, 09:37 PM
One other thing. If the car downshifts one or two gears it might feel like it slips a little as it brings revs way up and engages clutch. But there shouldn't be any bang, and any feeling of "slip" should be very minimal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

rlarsen462
05-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Given the speed at which everything happens in this transmission, it is one of the smoothest I've ever driven, ESPECIALLY under hard acceleration. Something is definitely wrong with your car and you need to take it back immediately.

2014RS5
05-22-2014, 10:08 PM
it will go to the dealer tuesday... to be more clear while driving and you punch it to pass the rpm's go up there is a delay then the tranny engages , also it has a lag after punching it then it bangs into gear , i will advise as soon the dealer figures this out. thanks for feedback

PsYkHoTiK
05-22-2014, 10:14 PM
The transmission needs to downshift. If it's from a cruise (say 60 MPH) and you floor it, it needs to drop from 7th gear to 3rd gear. You probably hit the kick down switch if you floored it and held your foot down.

I wonder if the 'bang' is the DSG fart (as in throttle is eased off after the downshifts - the transmission will shift based off of requested load - for lack of better term).

DSGs don't drive like slushbox automatics. Once you're used to the throttle control, it's smooth. Just can't drive it like a normal automatic.

cigxman
05-28-2014, 01:53 PM
I think what is happening is what I experience and there are plenty of posts about it. When you are Not in Sport mode and hit the pedal all the way down when already cruising the rpm's race and the cars takes a second to engage because the gear its in is high. I find it annoying as well and a negative about an otherwise great car. The only way I think it is solved is in Sport mode. Curious what your dealer tells you. Please post.

superswiss
05-31-2014, 04:33 PM
Sounds like you are cruising in D and then punching it. What you describe is the transmission shifting down 3-4 gears to give you the acceleration you just demanded. This is a manual transmission under the hood. The revs will go up and once the transmission has shifted down it will bang in the clutch. Sequential gearboxes take a little bit of time as they can only shift one gear at a time. To avoid this, put it in manual mode first. You won't enjoy this transmission if you drive it like a traditional automatic transmission. Drive it like a manual transmission and use the automatic modes for convenience.