PDA

View Full Version : Anyone install a show n go or similar type retractable front plate on an rs5?

phantomrs5
04-13-2014, 05:53 AM
Looking for options on my 2013? Wish I lived in a state that did not require a front plate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabizzy
04-16-2014, 10:01 PM
if you are asking for compatibility, i cannot help you
if you are asking for the reliability of the plate holder, if you install it right it will not come off. I had it on my tuned x5m making 700 hp and hit much higher speeds than you likely will driving on the street legally lol, and no issues whatsoever. I think at one point on a closed course i hit 186 or so after the limiter and stuff was removed. So no big deal. Now if you want to know if it will fit, get under the car, you need about a 12 inch flat surface underneath. I hope this helps!

patmusk
04-17-2014, 08:08 AM
I have the same problem. Local NJ police officers are looking for any excuse to stop me. The "show-n-go" or Hide-the-plate ones look okay but do they hold up?

SeattleGrey
02-10-2015, 06:23 PM
I live in WA and we have a front plate law here. I refuse to comply and occasionally get a parking ticket because of that. I would rather pay the ticket occasionally than bastardize that front end! Interestingly enough, the toll bridge in town reads your front plate to assess a fee. I have yet to receive a bill in the mail so I figure I am at least breaking even :).

2perfusionists
02-28-2015, 06:24 PM
I ordered a US Millworks holder. Screws into the tow hook. I just get the fix-it ticket signed off and take it off (California).

PEM
03-01-2015, 11:50 AM
I live in WA and we have a front plate law here. I refuse to comply and occasionally get a parking ticket because of that. I would rather pay the ticket occasionally than bastardize that front end! Interestingly enough, the toll bridge in town reads your front plate to assess a fee. I have yet to receive a bill in the mail so I figure I am at least breaking even :).

Hah!! That's one way to get back at the system :D

The Shocker
05-13-2015, 01:24 AM
I have one that is the manual one, not the one you flip up with a switch. I get a lot of compliments on it and people always ask where I got it.

S4V8
05-13-2015, 07:48 AM
I have one that is the manual one, not the one you flip up with a switch. I get a lot of compliments on it and people always ask where I got it.

Can you post a pic? Where did you get it?

rasetsu
05-14-2015, 01:36 PM
I would hate to drill underneath the front spoiler to mount a show-n-go retractable plate. If you mess up or change your mind, that piece is $700. I would go with a US Millworks tow hook plate with quick release.