PDA

View Full Version : :-( EdgeRacing RANT - Long :-(

audisnapr
07-25-2005, 01:57 PM
sup gang... I just had to post because I'm a bit pissed off at the moment. EdgeRacing just lost me as a customer.

As many of you know, they were having a killer sale on their black justice wheels. I called a few days back to check on availability and they said it would not be a problem for me to call back in two days to grab a set for myself. Well, of course when I called back two days later, they were out. My loss - it does say "while supplies last". Fine. So I started looking at the Anthracite justices, which I really like. I had hoped they might cut me a deal on the anthracite wheels since I kinda got jacked on the blacks. No go. Fine, business is business.

Well today, I saw on their website that they now had stock on the 18X8 blacks. So I called and spoke with Alex, who by the way is the "manager" there. At first I asked him if they had any, he said "yes, how many do you want?" I told him 4. He said, "OK $850 shipped." I said, well can I get them for the $89/ea, he conveniently said "oh, sorry, I didn't check the stock, we have less than 4, so maybe 3, 2 or 1, not sure." So that's when I started in on him. I obviously wanted the blacks for the $89/ea that they had advertised "until Aug. 2nd or while supplies last". He had the nerve to tell me that he won't sell them to me for that price because those are reserved for repeat customer replacement wheels. WTF?! I am a repeat customer, no I don't need replacement wheels, but if your sale says Aug 2nd while supplies last, you should honor your deal if you suddenly got stock again. He told me no, they can pick and chose which wheels can hold that price and which don't. He said "no where on the website does it say which wheels will keep that sale price." Take a look at your webpage buddy, it says black justices on sale with a big fat photo! "well, we have other bolt patterns and other sizes", he says. I don't care, I want the 5X112 in 18X8 at the price you had them for until Aug 2!

Needless to say we went round and round with no resolve. I told him that he just lost a customer and big advocate of their products. I have posted on AZ numerous times pointing out EdgeRacing. My car is a rolling advertisement for them for crying out loud! I'm sure many of you have purchased from them because you saw my wheels, or clicked on the EdgeRacing link I provided.

Anyway, sorry so long. But they pissed me off. I had to post. Not good business if you ask me. Honor your price or take down the ad.

Howard Hughes
07-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Typical....Once people see they are selling like hot cakes they will do anything to make more money off someone.

Audimarc
07-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Sorry to hear that. I got them at that price and would have been pissed to pay more.

MKGIY
07-25-2005, 02:22 PM
That sucks bro.

Mike

marked001
07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
yeah..that is definitely f'd up....if he really wanted to save them as 'replacements'..then why would he sell them to you for full price...come on.

MR VTEC
07-25-2005, 02:35 PM
damn homie

skene
07-25-2005, 02:56 PM
sucks... definately bad business practices on their part.

Hassmeister
07-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Not very good "long time" customer support. Sorry it didn't go your way.

nizmosx
07-25-2005, 03:08 PM
i would email the manager a link to this thread later on to show him what a forum like this can do to a companies reputation.... and by the way i will never use edge racing again....

offroader1006
07-25-2005, 03:11 PM
thats gay.

i was about to pick up a set of silver justice;'s but, id rather wait for a used set than give money to someone like that.

HyperM3
07-25-2005, 03:12 PM
I called up and said I needed 4 replacements. He said I was in luck, someone before me decided not to buy them. Told me he had to get rid of them and let them go for $79/each. I was like ROCK ON.

audisnapr
07-25-2005, 03:16 PM
thanks guys for the support. I did email him pretty much right after I posted this thread. I seriously doubt he cares, but I would like to get as much exposure on this thread as possible.

It's not so much what they did (although I completely disagree with it), it's that I was such a huge advocate for them on AZ in the past. I'm a repeat customer and he treated me like I was just some punk. Here's the email I sent him. I will follow up one more time after this thread gets some exposure.

--- email ---

Alex,

Although I appreciate you calmness over the phone, I am still very put off by you unwillingness to work with me. No offer of support at all for a repeat customer and huge online advocate of your product. Here’s a little something to show you how strongly I feel about our conversation.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57016

Joseph.

Ps: if you have not already done so, please take a moment to remove my photos of the black avant under the justice gallery images per our conversation. Thanks.

audisnapr
07-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by HyperM3
I called up and said I needed 4 replacements. He said I was in luck, someone before me decided not to buy them. Told me he had to get rid of them and let them go for $79/each. I was like ROCK ON.

not funny... the wound is still open! but nice timing. [:D]

HyperM3
07-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Sorry, Im antsy at work and had to get it out. I do feel your pain though.

foofighter
07-25-2005, 03:21 PM
complain to the BBB

tigabalm
07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
that sucks, was just about to buy from them too...

peace

fanuvbrak
07-25-2005, 03:34 PM
before you get too mad:

sometimes, companies will cut a deal with a supplier where the supplier will offer a reduced cost or a kickback when the retailer runs an advertised special. usually, they will agree on a set amount of merchandise. once this set number of merchandise is sold through, the sale stops and their "supply" is gone. they may have more of the same product, but it may have cost them more to get or are not receiving a kickback from the supplier.

you shouldn't have waited those two days.

audisnapr
07-25-2005, 03:36 PM
by the way, my first purchase with them didn't exactly go off without a hitch. They sent me the correct wheels with the wrong tires. Took them 3 weeks to get it all sorted out and sent back. Wheels had some good paint chips in the back when finally returned to me, but I didn't care at that point, was just happy to get them on the car for the track.

audisnapr
07-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by fanuvbrak
before you get too mad:

sometimes, companies will cut a deal with a supplier where the supplier will offer a reduced cost or a kickback when the retailer runs an advertised special. usually, they will agree on a set amount of merchandise. once this set number of merchandise is sold through, the sale stops and their "supply" is gone. they may have more of the same product, but it may have cost them more to get or are not receiving a kickback from the supplier.

you shouldn't have waited those two days.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons why they do what they do. But I can tell you this, Alex made no effort to help out a return customer and huge advocate. He just kept repeating himself as if I didn't hear the first 4 times. No amount of "they do it this way because" can really clear my head of how he acted on the phone. Take down your ad, or specify that the 18's are no longer part of the sale. The sale just says "black justices on sale". It doesn't specify.

Had I had the cash in hand the day I called I would have bought them. I was waiting on a check. I had no choice. That's why I called to check on their supply. Had I known they only had a few sets left I probably would have made some arrangements.

rbt
07-25-2005, 03:46 PM
sorry for the bad experience. I almost bought some Flik Lex from Edge this February, but decided to go with another wheel (and thus vendor) at the last moment. I probably narrowly missed a bad buying experience.

Starting
07-25-2005, 03:55 PM
I didn't get two of my wheels shipped to me and they forgot my lug bolts. They overnighted them. My friend got all his tires mounted on the same side. They paid to have them remounted but still all i hear is about them having small problems like this and resolving them.

nramsey
07-25-2005, 07:19 PM
That sucks man, I'd be really peeved. I've been keeping an eye on their prices and they seem to go up and down like a pogo stick. Justices selling for $125 one week and $180 the next. I was considering a set of silver ones, but will probably avoid Edge Racing after hearing about this BS.

As an aside I just recently had awesome service from AWE tuning. Too bad they don't sell any wheels I can afford [:)]

b00st
07-25-2005, 07:30 PM
yeah that's no way to handle business or customers...i run a business too and you always try to make good or come to sort of logical compromise. I bought my tires through them but I guess I will call someone else that I can rely on, who cares about the customer. I'd rather pay a little more and have a quality serivce...the product is the product...you know if its good or not....but i'd rather pay more than pay a little less for the same product and receive poor customer service.

needforspd
07-25-2005, 08:28 PM
boo on ER! I was planning on buying a set of 18's in the future from them (prices are good). but not now. rather buy some used ones locally n help out a fellow Audi owner then spend it on them seeing how they take care of "return" customers.

Poopie
07-25-2005, 09:02 PM
I love a business that takes care of their customers. Customer loyalty comes hand in hand with business loyalty. I use a lot of local shops for guitar gear, hobbies, and of course my audi. I'm loyal to them for the plain and simple reason they care. Edgeracing did not give a rats ass about their reputation. Even if they were taking a hit on the rims, it wouldn't be worth the potential loss of business. Poor decision on their part. If they gave you the price you were promised or anticipated, you would have been back hear raving about how nice they were on hooking you up.

audisnapr
07-25-2005, 09:17 PM
indeed... I've always talked highly of them even when my first order didn't go well. In fact I think I even posted that they took care of me even after they screwed up my first order.

Just a few days before WF I sent out an email to the jersey jerks telling them about the deal Edge was having. I'm essentially a free advertiser for them regardless if they know it or not. But to them I am just some other guy trying to score a deal.

EVIL-AUDI
07-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Let's say they changed thier mind at this point and offer you the deal now. Would you take it, and if so, do business with them normally once again?

audisnapr
07-25-2005, 09:39 PM
yeah of course. If they come to the realization that a repeat customer, like myself, is not just important, but a valuable advertisement tool, then I will have made my point, not only for me, but for every other customer they have. Perhaps they will take what they learn and understand that many of us actually do talk to one another, we suggest, we promote, we encourage, etc. Happy customers are the key to a happy business. If they continue down the path they have set, not only in my case, but in the many little cases that are starting to pop up here, things will change for them. They need to get their shiat together.

Yuikio
07-25-2005, 09:45 PM
I have to say that I bought some black Justices because I liked them on your car. I might have clicked through to their site from a link you posted. I was considering buying another set for winter to fit the brakes I'm (eventually) gonna buy. After reading this, I don't think I will. I've never heard of TireRack pulling this shit.

osofast10
07-26-2005, 10:36 AM
i'm not gonna lie.. i just bought my wheels cause i saw them on your car and saw how nice it looked.... kinda sucks... cause they were nice to me.. but i guess that's cause i was a first time buyer... **sigh**

s1n3d
07-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Hey if anyone of u saw my post, they just kinda jerked me out of my wheels also, i had got a order confirmation and was just waiting on my wheels 2 be shipped 4 days passed nothin, i just called em like 20 mins ago and they were like we ran out of stock the waiting oeriod is 2 months but we cant give u the wasps(18x7.5 anthracite for same price) not the wheels i want especially caus its x7.5 i was like damn u got teh justice in any other color he was like nope.. " do you want me to put you on the wiating list for" he goes =, 2 months i was like nahh thnx cancel the order =\ if u didnt read my post i was so happy 2 get my first set of wheels not the result i was looking for.. ssorry for the long rant... sorry for the mispelling...

audisnapr
07-26-2005, 11:55 AM
nah, no worries bro... you can join the long list of ppl that have been screwed over either in a small or a big way (like yourself) by EdgeRacing. I just don't think they care about the AZ community. They have ads all over the racing mags so I'm sure they get plenty of business even without us.

s1n3d
07-26-2005, 12:00 PM
can we file a law suit against them for false advertisment ? =)

audisnapr
07-26-2005, 12:07 PM
not likely... they most likely haven't done anything wrong. they just overextend themselves and offer very little in the way of help when they realize they have screwed up. The best we can do is spread the word that they are just trouble. This is not the first time this has happened.

My first encounter goes like this. I ordered 17X8 black flik justices w/ falken track tires. They sent me the correct wheels with the wrong tires. Alex told me not to worry, they would send out a new set right away while the first set were being shipped back - so that I wouldn't have to wait... everything on their dime. Well, DHL did come the next day to pick up the wrong set, but after a week went by with no new set, I called. Alex told me they were out of the 17X8's (I had receieved the last set) and would have to wait until the original set arrived back in their warehouse, unmount and remount with correct tires. They finally got them to my door about 3 weeks later.

s1n3d
07-26-2005, 12:40 PM
such bs, im so anoyyed rite now screwed up my whole day i was looking forward 2 the wheels god i hate them rite now with all my passion.

onemoremile
07-26-2005, 12:50 PM
wow. i got 4 17x8 lex for $460 shipped and had no issues. i don't like plastic hubcentric rings but that isn't pertinent here. i guess i just got lucky with my good experience.

they shouldn't have treated you like that. i'm sorry you had to go through that.

indyfab302
07-26-2005, 12:52 PM
I tried to order some falken azenis last year and when I say tried, I mean that I ordered them because their site said they were in stock. five days later I called because I did not receive a shipping confirmation as expected. True to everyone elses experience, they were out of stock on the tires I wanted even though the site still listed them in stock. They did offer to transfer me to sales so I could order a different tire. Pass... cancel my order, I'm never doing business w/ you again.

shreddervai
07-26-2005, 07:34 PM
shit well im about to order some Flik wasps from there (anthr.) It says currently they have stock, so i will call tomorow to double check. If they do, damn 89 is a good deal.

s1n3d
07-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Huh!! thas what i said SHREDDERVAI and i ordered and when it came time i got the middle finger !! good luck

EVIL-AUDI
07-27-2005, 03:48 PM
The sad thing is, it seems even a confirmation phone call can't promise you the right order.

s1n3d
07-27-2005, 05:19 PM
u rite bout that EVIL, i think only thign 2 do is 4 some one 2 go down to Florida and just pick them up in person, any volunteers ? hehe =)

shreddervai
07-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Im going to miami in 2 weeks, i can go delivery a bag of flaming shit to edge racing's door step if you all want haha.

well thats if my order gets f2cked. But i dont think it will, because i called today asking for my tracking number and they said they were mounting and balancing the tires as we spoke, so i guess that pretty much confirms everythings cool...

-edit: just got my tracking numbers, looks like so far everything has gone fine.

audisnapr
07-29-2005, 04:39 PM
^^^ not to rain on your parade, cause I know how excited everyone gets when new shoes are on their way (especially me), but until you get them, inspect them, put them on and drive, nothing has gone "fine". Remember, I got my set, with the wrong tires. Others have received them out of balance. Just keep your hopes at an even par - it's just best that way [:D]

shreddervai
07-29-2005, 10:22 PM
hah ok man ill take your word for it.

Its my first time ever getting aftermarket wheels so im excited. its going to totally change the look of my car!

magnetic1
07-30-2005, 07:16 AM
I have a rant, but it's prolly not ER's fault. The fault is only that they use DHL... blah.

I read about someone else with the same issue on this board not too long ago.

I bought 5 wheels. 3 came one day, 1 came the next and the last came the day after. DHL had my wheels all over the damn place!

But you guys should thank ER.... since they are such Toyo whores... they've brought down pricing for everyone at the expense of other dealers. Rumor has it Toyo is investigating them ;)

audisnapr
07-30-2005, 11:12 AM
weird... although I'm not a huge supporter of DHL, I do have an account with them and use them on a semi regular basis. Never a problem. They are great when it comes to pick-ups and deliveries. Even though my first order with ER didn't go so well, DHL was there on time for all deliveries and pick-ups and everything seemed to go ok. I guess everyone has their own experiences, good and bad as far as shippers go.

DannyDeez
08-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Im glad I saw this thread and now I know im not the only one that they screwed. I think the people at edgeracing are all pieces of sh*t. My friend at work warned me about them but I didnt listen.
I called to order a set of falken koblenz with tires. He said there was plenty in stock and I should get them in 3 days. (FL to NY) I even made it clear to him that I absolutely needed them for the weekend.( I ordered on tuesday morning.) I was assured that there would be no problem. I gave my cell # to call me if there was.
A WEEK later I called to see where they were and guess what...they havent even sent them yet. So after a long run around and numerous calls I finally get told that they only had 4 wheels in stock when I ordered them and that one of the wheels was bent so they couldnt send them to me. Ok, fine, thanks for not sending me a bent wheel. But they had my cell phone # and they didnt even call to let me know there was a problem. They conveniently charged my credit card though(which I was under the impression that you dont get charged until the product ships). Then they say that they have to send the wheel to Cali and then theyll send them back a replacement. So that means 5 days shipping to cali and then 5 days shipping back. They wouldnt even have a wheel sent first so I can get the product that I paid for quicker. Bad business and customer service if you ask me. I was very unhappy with them and will never buy anything from them. Oh yea, I wound up getting my money back from them and bought different rims(pics in link in sig). Thanks for listening to my rant and f*ck edgeracing. [mad] [down]

madrussian
08-28-2005, 10:46 PM
dude i hear ya... if you dont mind, ill add my story.

i buy 4 flik justices 18x8 or whatevre in black. they send out 4 and im like sweet.

then come tuesday when they're supposed to arrive, 3 arrive and 1 is missing, needless to say, im bummed. i go upstairs, look online, dhl says est. delievery for all of them that day, i figure he just overlooked it on the truck and will be back.

nope, so i decide to call dhl and ask, they tell me that day later, im like sweet. nothing.

next day i call dhl again and ask where it is, they say today. nope... repeat this for the 3RD day in a row. i finally get a guy who hears im pissed and tells me flat out they dont know where it is.

mind you i had called edge racing the 2nd day, and they said to wait. so i finally call edge racing the 3rd day and the guy says, sorry sorry, i know what you're going through. it'll be there.

so a week goes by and i get calls from dhl everyday telling me its being "located" and that they need to do a search which takes 48 hrs before they declare it lost and i get a replacement. however they give me a number which will give me $ back for shipping.

i call edgeracing, tell them this and give them the number, they say they'll process it and we'll go from there. this happens on the friday or 4 days after they were to be delivered.

from there on, i never get a refund and hear from no one, finally the next week on friday, so already 11 days since, dhl says their lost and tells me to call edgeracing.

i call edgeracing only to have them tell me, they didnt hear from dhl, and that its against customer policy to send another rim out before a lost one is located (wtf? doesnt lost mean it wont be found?)

i get pissed and explain that i wanted these for waterfest but they brush it off.

waterfest comes and goes, i have no rims, i stay home.

i call for the next 3-4 days asking about my rim and if im getting a replacement only to have the one guy tell me he cant do anything and puts me into alex's voicemail... i leave a message everyday for 4 days, never getting a call back.

its now been 18 days or so since my rim is lost.

i finally call 2 fridays later and ask them, they finally tell me they processed it and a new replacement is being sent out. i beg thme to not use DHL, but they do and i tell them to specifically put it on the back porch as im going to be out of town.

so i go on vacation, at this point, ive never gotten a call from edgeracing to apologize, ive never got a refund, and ive never gotten a response form alex. if i wasnt so overworked, im sure i wouldve never got a rim... or had DHL file it lost.

i dont trust edgeracing so i have a buddy stop by the house while on my vacation to see if the rim shows up, it finally does in the middle of the week, 3 weeks exactly after it was supposed to be there... its on the front porch for the world to drive by and see. had he not come, it would've prolly been stolen.

i come back, mount the rim, still pissed because ive gotten no $ back for the shipping and say, **** it, live and learn.

never a call, never a refund, never a follow up... these guys suck.

about 2 weeks after i come home, so over a month since this happened, i get a call from my mom at home. im at work, and she's confused and says someone just called and yelled about a rim... im like wtf?

i call alex at edgeracing... wont answer, so i do the *67 trick on my cell, somehow he answers... coincidence? i dunno, but whatever.

i tell him, ya you just called my house and talked to my mom.

first words, and i quote " we want our rim back"

im like wtf? he then proceeds to argue w/ me... tell ing me im lying and that he got all the info he needs from my mom that the lost wheel (or the 5TH one in this case) had arrived and i had it.

he swears he knows she's telling the truth and that im lying. now i know for a fact that she didnt say that because i asked her to repeat what she said.

all she said was that she was pissed i didnt get my rim on time and that i didnt get reimbursed or a discount for my troubles.

he swears she admitted to me having a 5th wheel (yet she couldnt tell you what i drive past it being an audi, but she knows how many wheels and what kind???) and that she paid for it, etc.

at this point, i want to literally beat alex. so i cut the shit, tell him to **** off. i paid for the rim, so now he's lying. furthermore, where was he when i left all the previous voicemails? i tell him i dont care if he talks to my vet and he says i got 6 rims... i have no ****in 5th wheel.

long story short, i told him i didnt call his mom to ask where my wheel was so why call mine?

he says if i want to be a cheating customer and lie thats fine, but he'll take it to step 2, tho he never says what that is.

the ups guy shows up 3x for a package i never got, and goes empty handed.

since then i havent heard...

i have no idea wtf the 5th wheel is at or whose driving around on it... he swears it was delievered according to dhl. (tho online it only says est delivery a month before than)

long story short, for a compayn as big as them that sells that many rims, it was the shitties ****in service ever!!!

never again, not even for a replacement. i dont care if i curb a rim or bend one, id rather use the other 3 as hose reels than buy another rim from them...

DannyDeez
08-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Wow, I thought I had it bad. They completely tried to scerew you along with treating you like crap. Sorry to hear that.

s1n3d
09-04-2005, 01:48 AM
LOL, u should of told Alex to come to ur house n pick up the 5th wheels himself that stupid lil man. f*ckin scammers.. id never buy anythin from that company in my life.

audisnapr
09-04-2005, 09:17 AM
wow guys.... I had no idea this thread would go this far. Sorry to hear about all the bad experiences. I guess I'm not alone. I finally did find some much needed 18's. Not the justice anthracites I had wanted, but RS4 reps will do.

sushi_turbo
09-23-2005, 03:42 AM
DAMN madrussian, after reading your story AND audisnapr's story, I'm DEFINITELY not going through EdgeRacing. I was seriously thinking about buying 4 Toyo T1S tires from them, so I decided to search for their feedback on the Zine, and this is what I found. That is some pretty bad f***ing customer service!!

sushi_turbo
09-23-2005, 03:44 AM
Found this funny on their "About Edgeracing" section of their site:

"Our reputation is based on the products that we choose to sell. We only sell products that we feel comfortable using ourselves!"

LOL

madrussian
09-26-2005, 08:25 AM
oh i told him off pretty much, i was pissed...

i told him id give the UPS man a cookie a day and that he can feel free to come and look for the 5th wheel himself...

he said he was going to take it to step 2, hasnt, and i think he's realized you can't force a customer to give back for what they never got.

their customer service is piss pooer, they do use them themselves, but only if they swear they shipped it to the customer.

PaCmAn...
10-07-2005, 12:29 AM
you might not know me but im a very close friend to the Edge Racing family, if you want i can go ahead and speak to Alex Nucci in person and express your views upon this incident and see what actions will be taken...i have never seen so many people in disconfort over ER's policies and they are usually very helpfull but i will see whats up when i talk to him tomorrow and give you guys the scoop....ok

Im not a representative of ER but a long close friend to Alex's family and i know they are not like this....

Starting
10-07-2005, 06:53 AM
Just try to speak to Alex in person. It takes about a week and a half of phone calls with promises that you will hear back from them by the end of the day.

audisnapr
10-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by PaCmAn...
you might not know me but im a very close friend to the Edge Racing family, if you want i can go ahead and speak to Alex Nucci in person and express your views upon this incident and see what actions will be taken...i have never seen so many people in disconfort over ER's policies and they are usually very helpfull but i will see whats up when i talk to him tomorrow and give you guys the scoop....ok

Im not a representative of ER but a long close friend to Alex's family and i know they are not like this....

keep us posted. although I already sent this thread to him when it all first went down, my guess was that he or ER really didn't care and never took the time to read it. I expressed to him that I know of others that were having issues with them, and still, nor he or ER showed any concern that we could see. He never wrote me back, nor did he ever make any attempt to explain their actions to me or even in this public forum.

Obviously since that date back in late July, many have posted in this thread sharing their stories and discontent for ER's "policies" and unwillingness to step up their customer service. As you can see, this thread has been viewed almost 1000 times. Many who post here are not happy and many who read it may not order from ER in the future because of it. I know I won't. I went elsewhere for my wheel needs and haven't looked back. They lost at least one customer that day and maybe more since. Good prices or not... it doesn't make up for the level of frustration caused when dealing with their mistakes or unwillingness to work with their customer.

joeya103
10-07-2005, 11:48 AM
My Flik Artics anthracite wheels and tires are scheduled to arrive on Monday. After reading this thread, I'm terrified something will go wrong...*fingers crossed.

Alex wasn't the fastest at answering emails, but he usually did eventually (3-4 days). And when I called him, everything went pretty smoothly.

I'll let you guys know if anything goes wrong when (and if) they arrive.

madrussian
10-11-2005, 12:04 AM
wow, if he's a close family friend that must meen he returns your voicemails a year later...

funny how when i called about oh, 9x when my wheel never came, i never got a call back or anything...

but the second my 4th wheel showed up, i got a phone call promptly at home demanding the phantom rim back...

magnetic1
10-11-2005, 06:43 AM
As a small business owner myself, Ifind it KEY to answer customers within a reasonable amount of time.

Granted Ive never tried to deal with ER's customer service, DHL really screwed my order up. I ordered 5 wheels and got wheels on all different days of the week.

Starting
10-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Here is my experience with Edge. My problem is with the horrible finish on their Flik Justice igh gloss wheels. After about 2 weeks of phone calls I finally was able to talk to the manager. He knew of the finish problem and Flik warrantees the wheel. So what I had to do was buy a new wheel and they would ship it to me. I then had to have it remounted and incur that charge. Then I shipped the wheel back and when they received it they would refund me for the wheel and shipping costs but not the mounting and balancing. A company with at least decent customer service I would pay the core charge and not have a problem but I doubt my refund would be quick. They will also not pay for me remounting my tire. I will never deal with Edge again.

joeya103
11-03-2005, 07:33 AM
sorry to hear about these bad experiences with edgeracing...my 2 purchases have been nothing but fast and smooth.

...although the "special price" they gave me turned out to be about the same as the sale they ran a few days later haha

sushi_turbo
11-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Thanks again you guys, I ALMOST ordered a set of wheels from these people, then I did a search to see how they were. Thank god I did that!

dingguhlbary
11-01-2007, 10:25 PM
sorry to bring this back, but i probably wont buy from them. im too scared.

dingguhlbary
11-01-2007, 10:26 PM
man, the price for the justices are so nice too. is it true only ER sells them since Flik is owned by them?

audisnapr
11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
def. back from the dead. Not sure FLIKs are made by Edge, but they are retailed by Edge. Never seen them anywhere else before.

I never did order from these guys again. And I've mentioned to many that I would never give them my business. I admittedly do check their site from time to time, but only to see what's new and to get ideas for my cars.

It's be a few years since I dealt with them and sadly, not much has changed in my mind. They weren't willing to stand up and be a reputable shop, I wasn't gonna stand up and be their customer.

everyone has their own experiences - but for ppl like me those experiences stick and stick hard. They lost me as a customer and although it made no impact on them, bad business will ultimately be their downfall, not one or two customers who didn't like the way they were treated.

madrussian
11-28-2007, 02:59 PM
man, the price for the justices are so nice too. is it true only ER sells them since Flik is owned by them?

sometimes trying to save $5 is what comes back to bite you in the ass...

not worth the hassle.

either buy from someone used or buy a diff. set of wheels from elsewhere.

audisnapr
07-03-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm bumping this up because these guys just can't get their shit straight with me.

I know I vowed to never use these guys again, and I did hold out for 3 solid years to the month.

In my search for r-compound Toyo Proxies RA-1's, the co-owner of my track car and I discovered that Edge had the best price and the cheapest shipping (for anyone on a track car budget, you know that you search high and low for the best prices). needless to say, although the co-owner was willing to go through edge, I was against it. So much so that I made him call because I wanted nothing to do with them. In the end, because they wouldn't ship to me with use of his credit card, I had to call and order. Trust me, I am not one to give a company like this a third chance, but we were in a pinch and needed these ASAP. Here's how it went down...

Brief summation of my conversation over the phone with a sales rep:

Thursday, June 26th:
me: I need four, Toyo RA-1s, 225/45/15
rep: hmm, don't think we have those in stock
me: well, your website must not be up to date cause it says nothing about "out of stock"
rep: no, our website is correct
me: no, check for yourself
rep: oh, sorry, I was looking at the wrong tire. Yes, I can get these for you.
me: ok, perfect. I'll take four.
<exchange shipping, billing, blah, blah, blah>
rep: ok, looks good. you should have these by Mon/Tues.
me: so we are good, right, no problems?
rep: correct. four, Toyo Proxies RA-1, 225/45/15. we'll send you a tracking number via your email as soon as they go out.

Monday, June 30th:
me: I'm calling to check on the status of my order. I see my credit card hasn't been charged and wanted to follow up.
rep: Hang on, let me check. Hmm, well, apparently we only have 3 in stock and are waiting on one from Toyo. It's supposed to be here today. Your order can ship today and you'll have them buy Thursday, July 3rd.
me: are you sure? when I called last week there were no problems and you had them in stock. plus it's a holiday weekend coming up and I need these before this weekend.
rep: yes, you should be good.
me: ok.

Wednesday, July 2nd:
me: I'm calling to follow up on my order. My credit card was charged, but I have yet to get a tracking number and wanted to make sure they were shipping and that you have my correct email address.
rep: hang on, let me check
<on hold for 5-10 mins and several different ppl picked up to "help me">
rep: well, unfortunately it looks like they didn't ship.
me: why, what's the problem?
rep: apparently our supplier's main guy is on vacation so when we spoke to them, the guy we spoke to didn't know what he was talking about so I'm finding all this out for the first time.
me: so what does that mean? can they ship them today?
rep: well... it looks like they don't actually have any and won't be able to ship them today.
me: uh, tomorrow maybe?
rep: no. they don't have any and have no idea when they will have them in stock.
me: you've got to be shitting me? You guys are unbelievable. I used to be a customer of yours a few years back and after you screwed me for the 2nd time, I vowed to never come back. I only come back because I'm in a pinch, you do have good prices and the co-owner of the car thought it would be best if we gave you guys a try. And now you fuck me again. Unbelievable. Do you guys have a black list of ppl you fuck with? I mean seriously, what are the chances of me coming back 3 years later and you can't seem to get your story straight during my two follow up phone calls.
rep: no, we do not have a black list.
me: can you get them somewhere else and make this right?
rep: no, had I been able to do that I would have and you wouldn't be upset right now.
me: do you treat all your customers like this?
rep: no, of course not. I wish there was some way to make this right
me: dude, the only way you are gonna make this right is if you personally show up at my house tomorrow afternoon with four Toyo RA-1's
rep: haha

I go on and on (in a very calm manner - I'm actually beside myself because I can't believe they actually fucked me again). Obviously I canceled the order. I think they more or less sealed the deal with me.

Rajan147
07-03-2008, 10:46 AM
what a bunck of jokers, sorry to hear about that man