PDA

View Full Version : Awe tuning programmer

RTJ959
07-26-2013, 03:08 PM
any success with stock flash programmer when going into audi and not having warranty voided?

ROH ECHT
07-26-2013, 10:24 PM
I haven't heard of the 'stock flash programmer'...are you talking about a giac flash? Xplus or X2?
http://www.giacusa.com/products/software/display_engine.php?engine=2.0_Turbo_TSI&make=Audi_%AE&model=A3_/_S3_%AE%20&submodel=A3_%AE_%28_8P_2005_-_Present_%29&chassis=A3_%AE

Trouble will depend on where you take your car into...including if out on the road away from home. I have a really cool bunch of guys at my local shop, but if I were to have something happen on the road it would probably be cheaper to ship the car back home if it were a warranty item. Otherwise it is up to all shops to deny warranty on modded cars and even report your vin to vag. However, some dealers have license to mod without voiding warranty. They usually set this up if they have an additional motorsport shop along with the dealership...unfortunately these are not everywhere ;|
You should contact the big-4 tuners and ask each of them where these dealership shops are. Also, vw racing is another warranty safe place to shop...I just do not know ifi there is an Audi racing division ;p
http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/vwcore/golf-mk-5/

RTJ959
07-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Yea it's a giac stock flash for like 50 bucks

RTJ959
07-26-2013, 10:30 PM
On tip of the performance programmer giac they also have valet flash and other options

ROH ECHT
07-26-2013, 10:34 PM
OK...so you are already tuned and you want to know if a dealership would notice your tune if you purchase and add the stock mode to the ecu and switched it to stock if you needed to take it in?

RTJ959
07-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Yes exactly there is a switch that the giac programmer comes with to put it to stock and back

RTJ959
07-26-2013, 10:38 PM
If u have the stock flash

ROH ECHT
07-26-2013, 10:40 PM
I have them all...yes.

ROH ECHT
07-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Read that long paragraph in my 1st post above. That's pretty much what you will be facing even though you may have put it into stock mode. One thing to do is perhaps call all the audi shops, or even vw shops and ask them if they care if you are tuned or not when it comes to warranty issues.

RTJ959
07-26-2013, 10:54 PM
I know that that care whether its tuned when it comes to warranty issues it just depends on let's say I go for fix on a hose leak or something would they check the flash to see if its been messed with is my concern

ROH ECHT
07-27-2013, 09:12 PM
I know that that care whether its tuned when it comes to warranty issues it just depends on let's say I go for fix on a hose leak or something would they check the flash to see if its been messed with is my concern

If they have to connect to read & clear dtc/error codes they will know. Some things they fix require resetting the ecu and that will wipe out your tune unless you purchase the firewall addition.

RTJ959
07-27-2013, 10:11 PM
If they have to connect to read & clear dtc/error codes they will know. Some things they fix require resetting the ecu and that will wipe out your tune unless you purchase the firewall addition.

Yea if I have the firewall tho then they can't reset it

ROH ECHT
07-28-2013, 12:40 AM
True...You will only find that the ones that were successful are those that found a service dept. manager that doesn't care if you are tuned or not.
Maybe not here on this slo-mo forum, but elsewhere I have found this to be true. I'm thankful that my local shop allows any warranty to go through for me knowing full well I am tuned. They are the ones that did all of my work ;p

RTJ959
07-28-2013, 05:14 AM
Is your local shop an Audi dealership