PDA

View Full Version : Another VCDS "Cannot Connect to module" Question

Audibot
03-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Before you flame me to death, yes, I've done some searching and can't find what I'm looking for. Looked here, Vortex, and a couple other random forums. And, YES, I have an authentic Ross-Tech cable, the appropriate software (which has worked in the past with no issue), and have been able to connect with no issues in the past (I think I had last tried in December).

Currently, it won't connect to Engine, Trans, ABS, Airbags, Xenon, etc., but will connect to Convenience, Instruments, etc. I searched, read some things about potentially having ABS go bad, so I pulled the ABS fuses to see if I could communicate with the other modules. No go.

Then I was pulling some other fuses that I thought would put bad data onto lines. When I pulled the "Engine Management" fuse, low and behold, i could communicate with every other module but the engine. When it's connected back in, no go again. Everything runs fine and I have no MILs/CEL. So ABS is good, Airbags and transmission are good, xenons are good. So I'm slightly confused.

Any ideas specifically where the issue could be? Or items to test?

Thanks in advance.

if6ws9
03-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Before you flame me to death, yes, I've done some searching and can't find what I'm looking for. Looked here, Vortex, and a couple other random forums. And, YES, I have an authentic Ross-Tech cable, the appropriate software (which has worked in the past with no issue), and have been able to connect with no issues in the past (I think I had last tried in December).

Currently, it won't connect to Engine, Trans, ABS, Airbags, Xenon, etc., but will connect to Convenience, Instruments, etc. I searched, read some things about potentially having ABS go bad, so I pulled the ABS fuses to see if I could communicate with the other modules. No go.

Then I was pulling some other fuses that I thought would put bad data onto lines. When I pulled the "Engine Management" fuse, low and behold, i could communicate with every other module but the engine. When it's connected back in, no go again. Everything runs fine and I have no MILs/CEL. So ABS is good, Airbags and transmission are good, xenons are good. So I'm slightly confused.

Any ideas specifically where the issue could be? Or items to test?

Thanks in advance.

Did you contact Ross-Tech?

Audibot
03-13-2013, 03:38 PM
I have not yet, namely because I didn't suspect a cable issue. But I guess I should. Thanks.

mfractal
03-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Probably not a cable issue but Ross tech might be able to help you resolve it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

EricTheSWGuy
08-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Was a solution ever found?

Thanks.

Eric

EricTheSWGuy
08-18-2014, 01:44 PM
My problem was tracked down to the ground nearest the ECU being loose. Tightened it up and it's all better.

-Eric