PDA

View Full Version : A4 Rough Ride

cocosmooth
08-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Been having an overall rough ride that seems to be progressively worse. Driver side engine mount replaced a few weeks back. Doesn't seem to be a wheel problem but not totally sure. Sound familiar to anyone? the ride is just not as smooth as it once was. Heading to get an oil change soon and gonna check it out but just wanted to get any helpful input.

[confused]

davvinchi
08-04-2012, 09:29 PM
After changing the PCV valve if you haven't done this in the last 40-50k miles, I would strongly suggest doing a thorough cleaning of the engine. Take off the pipes to the intercoolers and clean out all that oil there (x 4).
spray some carb/throttle body cleaner at the throttle body(driver's side upper intercooler piping attaches to it). Also perform a cleaning on the intake valves with seafoam cleaner. I did this today and it made a huge difference. I used the hose that attaches to the intake manifold from the pcv valve to pour in the seafoam cleaner. I had to use a hose and a nozzle from a boost diagnostics tool to partially block off the IM hose so the can would start and run while I poured in the seafoam, I also performed the procedure twice just to make sure the valves are clean: but the car runs as smooth as a baby's butt now.

cocosmooth
08-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Haven't changed the PCV Valve as yet. Thank you for the suggestions.

After changing the PCV valve if you haven't done this in the last 40-50k miles, I would strongly suggest doing a thorough cleaning of the engine. Take off the pipes to the intercoolers and clean out all that oil there (x 4).
spray some carb/throttle body cleaner at the throttle body(driver's side upper intercooler piping attaches to it). Also perform a cleaning on the intake valves with seafoam cleaner. I did this today and it made a huge difference. I used the hose that attaches to the intake manifold from the pcv valve to pour in the seafoam cleaner. I had to use a hose and a nozzle from a boost diagnostics tool to partially block off the IM hose so the can would start and run while I poured in the seafoam, I also performed the procedure twice just to make sure the valves are clean: but the car runs as smooth as a baby's butt now.