PDA

View Full Version : Urban Importers are teh SUCK

palewhitemale
05-18-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm tired of being quiet about it.

I ordered a set of front Blackout rings OVER A MONTH AGO.

Here's the chronology:

I ordered them just about the 15th of April, didn't see anything for about 2 weeks, and didn't hear anything from them, or see anything on my credit card. They "had a computer problem and lost a bunch of orders." OK, fine, I'll accept that, but make it right.

They supposedly shipped another set after I talked to them then, all of it was phone interaction so I don't have actual date records, but the point is, DEREK claimed that he sent out another set via USPS priority mail. I never saw them.

So, I have been in touch with them since the 12th of this month and I STILL DON'T HAVE THEM.

Everytime I talk to Derek he acts all cool and calm even though I'm pissed. He assures me that he's going to 'make it right', but the end of the discussion is that he sucks, doesn't do anything he says he's going to and I think he lied about whether or not they were shipped in the first place.

I called Derek yesterday and told him I expected either a refund confirmation (yes, at some point along the way they did take my money off my card) or a UPS tracking # (which he guaranteed me would be in my inbox today).

Neither has happened, and you all should know about it.

Derek, if you see this, I'm sorry dude, but you had over a month to get me an overpriced part that you have the market cornered on. You talk the customer service talk real well, but you don't execute.

And now I'll say it in public: I either want a refund or my part. You have effectively charged my credit card unlawfully, and if this is not resolved by the end of the week I will take the following action:

I will report you to my credit card company, the Boca chamber of commerce will be hearing from me. If this doesn't get anything done, I will review the consumer protection laws in florida and consider taking legal action.

I've had enough. I felt bad about dropping the F- bomb on the office answering machine, but now I'm tired of the bullshit.

Don't bother calling me, just email me my tracking number or my refund info. I don't want to talk to you, and I will never do business with you or refer people to you.

-bill

HeHateMe
05-18-2005, 04:55 PM
man, this is getting out of hand. someone lpost a list of companies that ARE trustworthy. i submit

ECS tuning
Stratmosphere
SPP

GTRchop88
05-18-2005, 04:57 PM
O man there seem to be a lot of problems going around...

UrbanImporters
05-18-2005, 05:40 PM
To Whom It May Concern,

The Initial order was placed, our computers went down losing almost over 100 orders, One of them was Mr. Roshia. Upon the next business day mr. Rochia Called into the shop, we then RE-Placed the order Not even on that day was his card charged. Im sorry to say that we are very busy and cannot ship same day.

The ordering Process takes a total of 2-4 weeks from Order to Delivery and we tell every customer this, sometimes they arrive with in days if the batch is in. Well the week he ordered they were being made and shiped slowly.

Upon 2 weeks later he called and told me he never recived the inital set (early last week) i said ok we will make another one, and send them out as soon as we can (keep in mind 1/2 week delay till fully ready to ship) so now we take all his info again, and get him another set FOR FREE, no charge shipping or anything else.

On the first order he took free shipping which is basic USPS Mail, no tracking option ($4.00) he was told this upon order.. He then presisted to say that we are scamming on him and that it doesnt take this long for such a little )"Piece of crap"

Now i have done all i can to resolve this and have never had aproblem with anyone on this nor any of our other internet forums. He was sent out last night another pair, and advised that ups sends auto emails around 9pm, well at 7pm he sends a email saying that he has not recieved tracking ID, well i once again tell him they generate at 9pm emails, but i will go back and get it for him since i am only 5 minutes form leaving the shop.

As you can see i think ive done more then we should do, we are in our time frame on the item and even sent another one FREE OF CHARGE due to the loss of the one previously sent out.

thanks
Derek
President Urban Importers
www.urbanimporters.com
derek@urbanimporters.com

SlimCubby
05-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey HeHateMe you can add urban imports to that list of trustworthy shops. I was one of the many orders on that black ring order and received mine in a timely fasion with no complaints. I don't know why palewhitemale is hating so hard on urban imports but I know Derek is a respectable business man and I have delt with him on numerous orders i.e. intake, boost gauge, rings, etc. I don't think one bad apple should make this company be blackballed, just because palewhitemale is claiming there a horrible busines doesn't mean anything. Being bitter for something he doesn't have control over such as shipment loss is not the senders fault.. Now stop complaining and wait patiently for your item to come in the mail that he recent out. And if anyone has a question about UrbanImporters customer service or anything of that matter you can contact a reputable customer, me.

Daddy Shroom
05-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Look, everybody, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. They aren't right, they arent wrong. They are just that, opinions. If I have poor service, sure, I will let some people know. Bill, you aren't in the wrong for posting your opinion about the company. That is your right to do so. SlimCubby, you have the right to express your opinions and feelings too. Bills arent necessarily wrong, and neither are yours. He is angry at a crappy experience that he had with someone, and he wants us to know to beware. I am sure that people will go with who they want, but this just helps us make the final diecision about a certain company. So SlimCubby, thanks for defending Urban Imports with your personal experience, but again, Bill isn't in the wrong for letting us know how he feels and his experiences. After all, that is why these forums are here. To help fellow enthusiasts in any way, shape, or form stay informed on good products, people, and the best way to mod our vehicles.

God I hate ranting.

palewhitemale
05-18-2005, 06:44 PM
hey all....

it is interesting to me that it 'takes 2-4 weeks' to ship this part because I have some emails that indicate otherwise. See below text.

Subject: blackout rings
Date: April 13, 2005 12:08:48 AM PDT
To: Derek@urbanimporters.com

derek,
we spoke a while ago about the possibility of you guys doing a set of front rings. From what I hear your rear ones are the best, and I'm tired of the annoyance of DIY blackout fronts. (I did a set that looked great adn chipped immediately because it was just rattle can).

Let me know if you guys are interested, and tell me what it'll cost. I'm pretty sure that you guys could sell these things, especially with the popularity of blackout front grilles these days.

thanks man,
bill

---------------------------

REPLY MESSAGE

Subject: Re: blackout rings
Date: April 13, 2005 4:15:25 AM PDT
To: palewhitemale@mac.com
Reply-To: derek@urbanimporters.com

Yes we have them in stock, there $45.00 shipped

let me know if you would like to order them

thanks
Derek Postin
Owner Urban Importers
www.urbanimporters.com
derek@urbanimporters.com
(561) 470-3422 Shop
(561) 883-0933 Fax
800-982-5080 Toll Free

hmm... no indication of a 2-4 week delay in shipping.

DEREK>>> Don't go around with me on the boards like this, I have full documentation of all my emails and if need be I'll post ALL of them.

-bill

palewhitemale
05-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by SlimCubby
Hey HeHateMe you can add urban imports to that list of trustworthy shops. I was one of the many orders on that black ring order and received mine in a timely fasion with no complaints. I don't know why palewhitemale is hating so hard on urban imports but I know Derek is a respectable business man and I have delt with him on numerous orders i.e. intake, boost gauge, rings, etc. I don't think one bad apple should make this company be blackballed, just because palewhitemale is claiming there a horrible busines doesn't mean anything. Being bitter for something he doesn't have control over such as shipment loss is not the senders fault.. Now stop complaining and wait patiently for your item to come in the mail that he recent out. And if anyone has a question about UrbanImporters customer service or anything of that matter you can contact a reputable customer, me.

hey, he's got as many posts as I have rings.... you decide.

UrbanImporters
05-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Listen, this matter is resoved you will recieve a FREE SET OF RINGS i think after the first got lost a FREE set is more then enough. If you dont want them please send them back upon arrival and we will process a Refund..

You have also posted the wrong email, the $45 is Rear, you Ordered FRONT rings, and they are 100% Custom, every customer even you sir were told that

I feel i have done enough in this matter

thanks
Derek
www.urbanimporters.com
derek@urbanimporters.com

palewhitemale
05-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by UrbanImporters
To Whom It May Concern,

The Initial order was placed, our computers went down losing almost over 100 orders, One of them was Mr. Roshia. Upon the next business day mr. Rochia Called into the shop, we then RE-Placed the order Not even on that day was his card charged. Im sorry to say that we are very busy and cannot ship same day.

The ordering Process takes a total of 2-4 weeks from Order to Delivery and we tell every customer this, sometimes they arrive with in days if the batch is in. Well the week he ordered they were being made and shiped slowly.

Upon 2 weeks later he called and told me he never recived the inital set (early last week) i said ok we will make another one, and send them out as soon as we can (keep in mind 1/2 week delay till fully ready to ship) so now we take all his info again, and get him another set FOR FREE, no charge shipping or anything else.

On the first order he took free shipping which is basic USPS Mail, no tracking option ($4.00) he was told this upon order.. He then presisted to say that we are scamming on him and that it doesnt take this long for such a little )"Piece of crap"

Now i have done all i can to resolve this and have never had aproblem with anyone on this nor any of our other internet forums. He was sent out last night another pair, and advised that ups sends auto emails around 9pm, well at 7pm he sends a email saying that he has not recieved tracking ID, well i once again tell him they generate at 9pm emails, but i will go back and get it for him since i am only 5 minutes form leaving the shop.

As you can see i think ive done more then we should do, we are in our time frame on the item and even sent another one FREE OF CHARGE due to the loss of the one previously sent out.

thanks
Derek
www.urbanimporters.com
derek@urbanimporters.com

Derek,
First, the 'initial set' was actually a second order on my part. The 'initial set' was not recieved because of the order THAT YOU LOST. Don't try and skirt the issue, you don't have a proper backup on the computer that runs your entire business... call me at work maybe we can work something out for a business solution, it's what I do all day for BIG businesses.

Second, YOU offered me ' priority mail ' shipping for the rings in question. THat means 3 days from Boca to LA. I checked with the post office. If you sent them out on monday the 2nd, they should have been here by the end of that week. You sent me the following email on the 10th:

Hey,

anything come in yet? please let me know if not, we will have to get another one out to you
no need to make enemys with anyone, and we will take the hit doesnt matter to me better friend then foe..

thanks
Derek Postin
Owner Urban Importers
www.urbanimporters.com
derek@urbanimporters.com
(561) 470-3422 Shop
(561) 883-0933 Fax
------------------------------------------

Third... I did not ever call your product a piece of crap. I did call it a 'painted piece of plastic'.

And, the bottom line is this. YOU are getting pissy because I'm holding your feet to the fire about this shitty service. DEAL WITH IT. You haven't done anything about it until today, when I got my tracking number for UPS.

As far as you doing more than you should have... I have one question. How can you claim to have done everything and more if I didn't have anything to show for a 45$ dollar charge from 2.5 weeks ago until today?

-bill

palewhitemale
05-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Listen, this matter is resoved you will recieve a FREE SET OF RINGS i think after the first got lost a FREE set is more then enough. If you dont want them please send them back upon arrival and we will process a Refund..

You have also posted the wrong email, the $45 is Rear, you Ordered FRONT rings, and they are 100% Custom, every customer even you sir were told that

I feel i have done enough in this matter

thanks
Derek
www.urbanimporters.com
derek@urbanimporters.com

Derek,
In order for me to receive a 'free' set, I would have had to receive a set prior to the ones you shipped today. I have not seen jack squat from your company and you have 45$ of my money. DON'T try and twist words to make it look like I'm getting something other that SHIT service with a smile.

I paid for my rings weeks ago, and still don't have them in my hands.

NEW ADDITION> I just ran the tracking number on UPS.com and it's not recognized. Might be because it's too young still, I'll check in the morning, if it doesn't exist you will have incurred the wrath.

-bill

Nevaeh Speed
05-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Damn more drama...... Down with MODSPORT.... I'm with my boy bill.... He's a cool guy....

UrbanImporters
05-18-2005, 08:05 PM
Drama will always occur, im past this whole thing..

as far as modsport goes thats just wrong.. and if you want bobbys personal cell phone number i might be able to help you

UrbanImporters
05-18-2005, 08:06 PM
I was saying FREE set becuase as of tommarow you will recieve a FULL REFUND on paid order. then you can keep the rings and thats the end of it.. im happy lets see if you are now there FREE
ok bill?

AvanTTix
05-18-2005, 08:27 PM
[confused] ... WTF?!?! so that's what it takes?!? [headbang]

so when you said i got free stuff on AW, should i assume i'm gonna get a refund as well?!?!? [rolleyes]

palewhitemale
05-18-2005, 08:47 PM
I was saying FREE set becuase as of tommarow you will recieve a FULL REFUND on paid order. then you can keep the rings and thats the end of it.. im happy lets see if you are now there FREE
ok bill?

really? cool.

UrbanImporters
05-18-2005, 08:49 PM
YES Bill you will get yoyr Refund Tommarow, and your free rings when ever UPS says on there site for delivery. Im sorry for any problems and i hope you can do business with us again

Avanteix : please email me i need to talk to you

AvanTTix
05-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Derek you've got my email addy, you know how to contact me...

HeHateMe
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
YES Bill you will get yoyr Refund Tommarow, and your free rings when ever UPS says on there site for delivery. Im sorry for any problems and i hope you can do business with us again

Thats good business in my book.

Awadd9
05-18-2005, 08:56 PM

Well see that worked out well. Urban Importers, that is a nice gesture on your part and it shows that you are willing to go the extra mile.

On a personal note bro.. I thought my typing and sp. was bad. [:D] THis is what it is like for me on a keyboard.

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/368225910101_copy.gif

Teasing ya. It is all good. I like those black rings nice idea...[up]

Andrew

UrbanImporters
05-18-2005, 08:59 PM
BILL: your Refund was just set up.. all sent back to Credit Card, thanks for the business.. have fun! and safe driving!

UrbanImporters
05-18-2005, 09:07 PM
maby he will now change the title line .. Ha Ha

teamBOB
05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Awadd9

On a personal note bro.. I thought my typing and sp. was bad. [:D] THis is what it is like for me on a keyboard.

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/368225910101_copy.gif

hahahhaahhah

500HPS5
05-18-2005, 09:30 PM
No disrespect to you Derek, but I feel it is bad business practice to carry on a conversation about a business deal on the internet forums. This could have been handled via PM, Instant Message, Email, or telephone. I know that Bill called you out on a forum, but you have just showed every Audizine member that you have very little knowledge when it comes to customer interaction skills. Problems will, and do arise when it comes to running a business, and nobody should be to busy to answer emails or call back a customer. Refunding money or shipping free product is too little, to late, most people would prefer adknowldgement, of the isuue, a simple apology, and honest information.

In my opinion you should not even mention that you know or have done business with Bobby at Modsport, he has pretty much totaled his reputation on AZ, you are soon going to be there also if you argue, debate or have customer interactions on a public forum.

palewhitemale
05-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by HeHateMe
Thats good business in my book.

NO, it's not good business. Good business would have been me getting them weeks ago. THis is good disaster recovery.

I shouldn't have had to do this to get a proper response.

-bill

AvanTTix
05-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 400HPA4
No disrespect to you Derek, but I feel it is bad business practice to carry on a conversation about a business deal on the internet forums. This could have been handled via PM, Instant Message, Email, or telephone. I know that Bill called you out on a forum, but you have just showed every Audizine member that you have very little knowledge when it comes to customer interaction skills. Problems will, and do arise when it comes to running a business, and nobody should be to busy to answer emails or call back a customer. Refunding money or shipping free product is too little, to late, most people would prefer adknowldgement, of the isuue, a simple apology, and honest information.

In my opinion you should not even mention that you know or have done business with Bobby at Modsport, he has pretty much totaled his reputation on AZ, you are soon going to be there also if you argue, debate or have customer interactions on a public forum. couldn't have said it better myself...

and i guess Derek lost my email addy... again...

palewhitemale
05-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 400HPA4

In my opinion you should not even mention that you know or have done business with Bobby at Modsport, he has pretty much totaled his reputation on AZ, you are soon going to be there also if you argue, debate or have customer interactions on a public forum.

I knew I could count on somebody to actually get it.

-bill

500HPS5
05-18-2005, 09:49 PM
If any of you vendors need help in customer interaction skills, I would be happy to give lessons, I run damage control for a company that does over 6.5 million dollars with of business a year. Do we screw up, heck ya, every day. We miss deadlines, ship the wrong product and even things do get damaged in shipping. Our owner used to think that giving a refund or an automatic 10% reduction of the price was the way to make someone happy, In my opinion most people juat want the truth, facts, and for someone to step up and take responsibility, also you should never cop out and blame it on another company, supply issues or anything else. If your projects were managed effectivly, then you would not have any issues, milestones are very important and every customer has the right to be informed when they take place.

German Driver
05-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Boy oh boy, I can't wait to hear who Jet Jockey is having problems with, by the time we know it all reputable Audi aftermarket providers will be hung out to dry. Greg put everything into perfect perspective. Granted its tough to make everyone happy but there are certainly good and bad ways to go about helping them. In any event hope all gets worked out with modsport, kse and urban importers, certainly don't want to discourage new business and products in the market. Best of lucka all.

Underground
05-18-2005, 11:03 PM
What's up with the ghetto back alley businesses.

HeHateMe
05-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by palewhitemale
NO, it's not good business. Good business would have been me getting them weeks ago. THis is good disaster recovery.

I shouldn't have had to do this to get a proper response.

-bill

You are completely right. You should not have to go through this , nor should any of us. My mistake.

bigshrimpin
05-19-2005, 01:00 AM
hahah

he ****s up and to make things right...

gives out free items...

what happens if every single person who had this happen to them made a separate thread and demanded free products...

bankruptcy?

after reading the entire threat...

palewhitemale- what if it actually was the post office's fault? that's out of derick's jurisdiction or control...

urban- why are you twisting palewhite's words? you originally quote "piece of crap," yet that was disproved as "piece of plastic." You shouldn't pretend to have exact wording when you don't know. You just make yourself seem like a liar.

UrbanImporters
05-19-2005, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Avantéix
couldn't have said it better myself...

and i guess Derek lost my email addy... again...

Actually i sent you 3 Emails still no response to them yet..

All issues are resolved now, and need to move on.

Bill your refund and free rings should arrive soon
(refunds take couple of days to post to card)

Avan: Please respond to my email asap if you can thanks.

to everyone who posted comments glad to se e the board come alive, and now when ever i get forum orders they get TRACKING ID's no matter what, not worth this mess cause of stupid lost mail.

We are not going out becuase of this, and we are not some ghetto back ally shop like someone said, in fact we are the main GIAC distribution in florida, and we are slowly moving online with the rings and other black out items, and i hope you call can put some trust into us and we can do business and this not effect the out come. thanks