PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs down for SpoilerDepot

AUndrRated4
05-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Placed an order on the 18th of April and still no spoiler. On the website it states "ships out in 3-5 business days." What's up with that?
Today, 3rd of May i decided to give them a call to check the status of the spoiler....and guess what...they barely finished the mold on the B6 A4. So I won't have the spoiler in like 2 more weeks. C/C has been charged and I asked for a discount in shipping, they said you can cancel the order..
Then I asked why I was not notified for the long wait...Again he asked me if I would like to cancel my order...I said I will wait it out...He then said it would be impossible to let hundreds of people know of the delay...
I should I do my fellow 'ziners?

Thats a BIG THUMBS DOWN for SpoilerDepot.Com.

yoogene83
05-03-2005, 11:24 PM
wow, that's weird, i had a great experience with them. it's a shame they didn't notify people of the delay though

ray-ray
05-03-2005, 11:25 PM
yea that is just bad service. they could have changed their webpage stock status of that item. if its going to be ready soon then i say just wait. get it painted somewhere else.

if you cancel the order, make sure u can get that spoiler for a resonable price somewhere else.

sorry to hear u had a problem with them, i got that same spoiler through them and had no pbs.

bbaudi382
05-03-2005, 11:25 PM
i heard they switched from a fg spoiler to a urathane. im sure making the mold took a while and usually people have been happy with their product.

AUndrRated4
05-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by bbaudi382
i heard they switched from a fg spoiler to a urathane. im sure making the mold took a while and usually people have been happy with their product.

who did you here from to find out this information?

bbaudi382
05-03-2005, 11:31 PM
i remember reading about it somewhere, probably on the forums

fongaroos
05-03-2005, 11:38 PM
really?

i love spoilerdepot

good price good product...

neoprufrok
05-03-2005, 11:39 PM
I ordered on teh 18th as well and got the same response.

I wish there was a comparably priced spoiler that I could buy in place of this because I'm definitely not happy that they indicate 3-5day ship time when that's not true.

AUndrRated4
05-03-2005, 11:41 PM
they said it was just a fitment issue on it...it is still fg though...

AUndrRated4
05-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by neoprufrok
I ordered on teh 18th as well and got the same response.

I wish there was a comparably priced spoiler that I could buy in place of this because I'm definitely not happy that they indicate 3-5day ship time when that's not true.

for the inconvience they said they will ship out express when completed...

what did they say to you exactly?

drew
05-03-2005, 11:44 PM
sorry you guys are having issues....i got mine fairly quick a few months back

they do make a great product though!

bbaudi382
05-03-2005, 11:45 PM
fitment issues??? the ones i've seen have all fit perfectly...

AUndrRated4
05-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by drew
sorry you guys are having issues....i got mine fairly quick a few months back

they do make a great product though!

how long was your wait?

drew
05-03-2005, 11:47 PM
not much more then what they quoted on site...i think it was 7 days that i got it in

fongaroos
05-03-2005, 11:48 PM
i waited for like... 5 days?

4?

it was SUPER FAST and i LOVE IT!

Nevaeh Speed
05-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Damn you got jacked..

CTOM9
05-04-2005, 12:47 AM
Welcome to my world. It's not just SpoilerDepot. Almost ALL tuners that I have dealt with outright LIE about product availability. If they told the truth - no one would ever order from them with a known 2-3 month back log. My sways and rims are also on eternal backorder. Feeling your pain.

Chris

neoprufrok
05-04-2005, 01:04 AM
I wonder what the deal is with tuners? Why is it this way in the aftermarket arena? This type of behavior is unacceptable everywhere else.

I'd pay a little more for something if someone delivered it on time as promised. But that never happens no matter how much it costs.

neoprufrok
05-04-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by AUndrRated4
for the inconvience they said they will ship out express when completed...

what did they say to you exactly?

They didn't even offer me that. They just said that the mold was being redone and that i should have it within a week or so. I'll be calling them back this Thurs if its not shipped out yet.

bhvrdr
05-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by neoprufrok
I wonder what the deal is with tuners? Why is it this way in the aftermarket arena? This type of behavior is unacceptable everywhere else.

I'd pay a little more for something if someone delivered it on time as promised. But that never happens no matter how much it costs.

I agree Rich. That's why I'm usually ok with spending a bit more going with some one I trust. I have never had a prob. with most of the very well known folks out there. There are some less well known ones that are constantly getting negative attention. I especially stay away form the small businesses that cant afford to refund the person their money once they have placed the order. A large company like spoiler depot probably knows they are selling a decent product for half what we can get it elseware so it's like, "Sure, we'll cancel your order d1ckhead." :) That being said i'd probably get my spoiler from them if I was going to get one. And i'd probably expect it to take as long as they pleased. FWIW, i've never had a single prob with any part i've ordered on my car. I've gone through ecstuning, ecodetuning, purems, hoppen motorsport, greedspeed, southbend, carbotech eng., racerwholesale, saferacer, jegs, and neuspeed. Perhaps i've been lucky but I always call ahead and establish rapport. Indeed, I just got off the phone with Mike Kim today and he let me know ahead of time it would take an extra week to get a part from Europe for me. That was even lowballing himself since he gets them 2nd day air. That was cool with me. cheers! Mike

neoprufrok
05-04-2005, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by bhvrdr
I agree Rich. That's why I'm usually ok with spending a bit more going with some one I trust. I have never had a prob. with most of the very well known folks out there. There are some less well known ones that are constantly getting negative attention. I especially stay away form the small businesses that cant afford to refund the person their money once they have placed the order. A large company like spoiler depot probably knows they are selling a decent product for half what we can get it elseware so it's like, "Sure, we'll cancel your order d1ckhead." :) That being said i'd probably get my spoiler from them if I was going to get one. And i'd probably expect it to take as long as they pleased. FWIW, i've never had a single prob with any part i've ordered on my car. I've gone through ecstuning, ecodetuning, purems, hoppen motorsport, greedspeed, southbend, carbotech eng., racerwholesale, saferacer, jegs, and neuspeed. Perhaps i've been lucky but I always call ahead and establish rapport. Indeed, I just got off the phone with Mike Kim today and he let me know ahead of time it would take an extra week to get a part from Europe for me. That was even lowballing himself since he gets them 2nd day air. That was cool with me. cheers! Mike

I agree with you that there are a few places that do it right. I'm just annoyed that it takes so much work sometimes to get it that way. I've established a good rapport with pro-imports.com and they've treated me well. But what struck me was that they felt strongly about not putting the onus on me to demand good service. They simply treated me the customer right the first time - which meant that they respected my time and my money.

Too many places make you work to get things done right - and I don't quite understand that.

1sicknickel
05-04-2005, 05:38 AM
WOW I had a good experience with them hmmm... I guess its just luck of the draw with places

Nogaro A4
05-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Decent experience, with them waited 10-12 days.

Ditto with all these lame ass 'tuners' I decided to go with David at ecode because he is the ONLY person that returns a goddamn phone call. (One goddamn call.) When I have clearly stated what I want and am ready now.

I ordered coilovers from Modsport in Feb.
Got them 2 months later, (3 weeks ago) without perches,
was told they (perches) were ordered from Koni, called Koni 3 weeks later and they were never ordered. I just bought them myself for an additional $130 that I will hopefully be reimbursed.

This industry is a joke, if I had $$ I would start a shop, hire one person- have someone like BHVRDR ;) train them and have them do nothing but answer phones and return calls all day.
Have a website that has good pics of products, soundclips, prices, availability, and info- ahhhhh! how hard can it be???

HeHateMe
05-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Ordered mine over 2 weeks ago and the guy said they were backed up and I'd have it in 2 weeks. Not here yet. Gonna give em a few more days before I call.

pat3co
05-04-2005, 04:35 PM
I had a good experience with them as well. nice product with great paint matching..
..but I agree tuners should give good customer service even when they're not able to supply the product on time for whatever reason..

ADLER
05-04-2005, 04:53 PM
I'll call today too, just to get an idea. I didn't place my order till April 29th, but I don't want to wait forever.

Also just received my order from ECS tuning for APR snub mount, and Euro blind spot side mirrors. They sent me 2 driver's side mirrors... thanks. And I get to pay for shipping of 1 mirror back to them, and they won't send me the correct one until they receive the wrong one from me... thanks again

EDIT:

I just called spoiler depot and was told it is supposed to get painted on Friday, and should ship on Monday... not holding my breath...

Jeff
05-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by AUndrRated4
Placed an order on the 18th of April and still no spoiler. On the website it states "ships out in 3-5 business days." What's up with that?
Today, 3rd of May i decided to give them a call to check the status of the spoiler....and guess what...they barely finished the mold on the B6 A4. So I won't have the spoiler in like 2 more weeks. C/C has been charged and I asked for a discount in shipping, they said you can cancel the order..
Then I asked why I was not notified for the long wait...Again he asked me if I would like to cancel my order...I said I will wait it out...He then said it would be impossible to let hundreds of people know of the delay...
I should I do my fellow 'ziners?

Thats a BIG THUMBS DOWN for SpoilerDepot.Com.

Well it DOES take 3-4 weeks for a cargo ship to arrive from China...go figure. [:D]

HeHateMe
05-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Called them today. They said they had a problem with the mold or something. I ordered about 3 weeks ago and he said it will be painted friday and shipped monday.
we'll see.

AUndrRated4
05-04-2005, 07:16 PM
seems like they have been telling everyone the same thing. is there any fitment issues with previous owners of the sd spoiler

ADLER
05-09-2005, 02:33 PM
my order tracking on their website is still reading "ordered"
might have to call again tomorrow...

A4 - Oh Snap
05-09-2005, 06:12 PM
out of curiousity how much cheaper is this spoiler depot spoiler versus a ultrasport, S4 or E46 spoiler?

ADLER
05-10-2005, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by A4 - Oh Snap
out of curiousity how much cheaper is this spoiler depot spoiler versus a ultrasport, S4 or E46 spoiler?

including shipping and factory paint matching, my total came to $225.

AUndrRated4
05-10-2005, 07:37 PM
not here yet????

HeHateMe
05-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Mine is supposed to be here this week. I've been waiting almost a month now. Man, I want to put that b*tch on!

ADLER
05-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Called again, same story as last week
"painted This Friday, shipping on Monday"
I told him that's what I was told last week.
He just said they were on backorder.

neoprufrok
05-11-2005, 02:23 PM
I just called and they told me that they just shipped mine today. Wierd.

AUndrRated4
05-11-2005, 06:54 PM
recieved mine.....

AUndrRated4
05-11-2005, 06:55 PM
anyone with sd spoiler post up....i think the lenght is short.
more than a cent on each side

gdawg'05a4
05-11-2005, 09:03 PM
mine came like that...not exactly up to edge on both sides. I think that's how they come [:(]

AUndrRated4
05-12-2005, 02:24 AM
cool cool....

teutonic_blur
05-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by gdawg'05a4
mine came like that...not exactly up to edge on both sides. I think that's how they come [:(]

correct

dummptyhummpty
05-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Ordered a spoiler for my neighbor's A6 ... still not here and this was like the 24th of April?

HeHateMe
05-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Still haven't gotten mine either. It's been a month now.

A4 - Oh Snap
05-13-2005, 11:32 PM
That sucks. Take a picture of yours from the same angle as I did mine. Mine's OEM USP. So we can compare the difference.

http://www.carshopusa.com/a4_1.jpg

Originally posted by gdawg'05a4

ADLER
05-25-2005, 01:42 PM
just as an FYI, I finally called a week ago Tues or Wed to cancel my order, since they told me the same story 3 weeks in a row about it getting painted Friday, shipping Monday. Enough.
So they told me my CC would be refunded in 3 business days...

well, today it was a week, no refund, and order status still reads Ordered on their site. I called them, and they put me through to their Accounts Payable girl who hadn't received anything from them about my refund....so, it still hadn't been shipped, but hadn't been canceled either. So she said she processed it today and that the refund would now show up in another 3 business days....

doesn't sound like they know what's going on over there.

piaadoll
05-25-2005, 04:03 PM
moving this to buyer/seller feedback forum...

Korrect414
05-25-2005, 04:08 PM
My buddy purchased a spoiler from them about 3 weeks ago,he called today and they put him on hold for 15 min then hung up on him. They have been giving him the run around every time he calls. I personally will never purchase anything from them,becuase of their poor customer service.

Apokolyptic
05-25-2005, 08:28 PM
I have that spoiler. Fitment is great, and color match is PERFECT.

HeHateMe
05-26-2005, 12:58 AM
I got mine . The spoiler is ok. it has a small paint "bubble" on the side near the edge. The paint match is very good. And it looks good on the car. The bubble is barely noticable. Not a big enough deal to send it back. It was only 220. <shrugs>

Accordngs
05-27-2005, 09:12 AM
I purchased a spoiler from them a couple months back. It took a long time and when it finally got in it didn't fit very good. The edges would stay down and it started peeling off.

I called them and told them about this and they honored their gaurantee. They said that was a known fitment issue with the A4 and were producing some from a new mold.

After about another month I received the new spoiler. Fitment is perfect as is the color.

Took a long time and some hassle, but finished product was good. my .02