PDA

View Full Version : (AudiTFSI3o3's) - K0R-GT Turbo Build

Pages : [1] 2 3

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Hey guys. I think the time has finally come for me to make one of these threads officially. After months of research, debate, and just plain wanting to get more out of my DD, I've decided to go with RAI's K0R-GT. I went with this route because the K0R is 1) hands down has more potential than other "mildly-mild turbo" upgrades, 2) direct bolt on without modifications, and 3) most importantly the K0R is significantly cheaper than others.

Since the original purchase of the car back in '07, I've always wanted to achieve around 300hp/tq to the wheels as my biggest and most important goal. Throughout the years of ownership I'd have to admit I've spent $$ on useless shit here and there, but Audizine has really helped me grow up and understand these cars better than I did, ever. I never took it to the next stage because I didn't think the time was right and that I was even ready.

I guess now I think I'm ready [:D]

The Car
- 2007 A4 B7 2.0T Quattro Tiptronic
- 82,xxx Miles
- Ibis White
- APR Stage II - AWE FMIC - EVOMS CAI - 034 HFC - OBX Exhaust
- Forge DV
- K Sport Coilovers
- Zimmerman/ATE
- Podi

The Plan (Engine)
- K0R-GT
- S3 Injectors
- HPFP Stage 2
- 145 bar PRV
- Pistons/Rods
- KMD follower
- Revision "D" DV
- Carbon clean
- Engine mounts
- Techtonics 2.5" DP

^^ Still debating on what type of tune for everything. Leaning towards Maestro like Operator [>_<]

The Plan (Exterior)
- USP Doorblades [check]
- Deval RS4 Front Bumper [check]
- DTM Rear Bumper (Quad) [check]
- Hofele RS4 tips [check]
- CF hood [check]

The Pics
- Old pic but basically how she looks now. I'll have to get some new pics soon [cool]

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/IMG_0335.jpg

- Joe

Operator
03-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Dood, I'm serious you better come out to a meet/gtg sometime!!!! Can't wait to see how your cars ends up.

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 12:41 PM
^^ I will seriously come out once everything is together :D I don't feel "worthy" yet haha

Operator
03-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Oh, and how bout some pics of the IS both IS's for that matter!

ericpaulyoung
03-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Love the KOR-GT builds! Look forward to the results!
Eric

chayden
03-01-2012, 12:57 PM
this makes me happy [drive]

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Oh, and how bout some pics of the IS both IS's for that matter!

haha since you asked so nicely
- the 300 was my DD. bone stock except suspension and wheels. If I still had it today I would've done so much with the 2JZ [:(]
- the 350 is now the lady's ride

not the best pic but you get the idea ;D

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/d3dd306d.jpg

this one is my wallpaper lol. of course now the bumper plugs are gone

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1312392668.jpg

SykoraA4
03-01-2012, 01:18 PM
yessss

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 01:20 PM
i guess as of right now it's safe to say that i placed my order this morning for HPFP Stage 2 and 145 bar PRV :D K0R should be home in about a week or so

Operator
03-01-2012, 01:25 PM
haha since you asked so nicely
- the 300 If I still had it today I would've done so much with the 2JZ [:(]

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A few years ago, I was stuck watching clips of a turbo'd IS with the 2jz. I was in love. And heck, I'd still rock one today, if I could afford the build!

viziers
03-01-2012, 01:33 PM
FYI, there is no need for the KMD follower, as I feel it's a waste of your money...

vizi

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 01:36 PM
FYI, there is no need for the KMD follower, as I feel it's a waste of your money...

vizi

understandable. i bought one a year ago from KMD. when I misplaced it I bought an OEM one that was changed at about 60k miles. maybe i'll change it out with the timing belt service at 100k

drumnjuny
03-01-2012, 04:56 PM
love how many people are going BT in colorado!!

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 05:28 PM
love how many people are going BT in colorado!!

It's the time to do it haha. When you doin yours?

drumnjuny
03-01-2012, 06:31 PM
It's the time to do it haha. When you doin yours?

soon, soon, haha. time + money are the constraining factors, of course [up]

jimrobbington
03-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Alright, now that you have your own thread, you gotta tell me, what the fuck happened with selling the car and buying it back?

jimrobbington
03-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Oh, and I hate all you ******s upgrading your turbos around me and I can't play[=(]

I love the K0R in theory. Just need more real world info from it. What tuning direction are you going? I'm very excited for Dave to get Maestro going, and to see this one too. Poor, poor Glissoar.....

okswerve16
03-01-2012, 07:52 PM
why pistons and rods and stay with a K0R?

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Alright, now that you have your own thread, you gotta tell me, what the fuck happened with selling the car and buying it back?

haha alright. i was looking to sell the car early last year but NO ONE was willing to buy. In the end a close friend of mine jumped on it. they moved to Gallop, NM for residency and had the car a little under a year. basically out in Gallop (middle of no where) there were no shops that really specialized in German cars AT ALL. everything out there is literally Honda, Toyota, or Hyundai. I even had my friend come in for an oil change and the shops literally had no idea what to do. Long story short, they had the car for about 10k miles, but in the end bought a more family practical, maintence "free" car- CR-V. They then wanted to sell the A4 and I realized how much I missed my car. That's that.

I guess the real headache was re-buying everything I had originally sold haha. in the end I'm happy I got my car back. everything is back to normal and now I can go K0R :D

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 08:55 PM
why pistons and rods and stay with a K0R?

I know it's not necessary but better safe than sorry. I know some members had problems with rods snapping from k04's and what not. I just don't want to take that chance. Also since I'm planning on running Maestro i want to get the most out of the K0R. So right now still waiting on what IE deal is on the Tuscan line

glissoar
03-01-2012, 08:57 PM
You should probably just get a k04 so your engine can explode and then you get to stand on the side of the highway watching all your hopes and dreams spill out of the car all over the highway, its extremely exhilarating!

jimrobbington
03-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Gallup! Lol! There's nothing but drunk Indians out there! Glad it worked out.

JR

okswerve16
03-01-2012, 09:09 PM
I know it's not necessary but better safe than sorry. I know some members had problems with rods snapping from k04's and what not. I just don't want to take that chance. Also since I'm planning on running Maestro i want to get the most out of the K0R. So right now still waiting on what IE deal is on the Tuscan line

I understand but if your gunna spend the money to get pistons and rods its really not much more to go with a GT series turbo and really make use of it, just saying. And since you want to get maestro, how much more power could you possibly wind out of that K0R?

And no wayyyyyyyyy are tuscan rods necessary lol they say their H-Beams are good for 700hp

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Gallup! Lol! There's nothing but drunk Indians out there! Glad it worked out.

JR

haha that's exactly what they tell me all the time

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
I understand but if your gunna spend the money to get pistons and rods its really not much more to go with a GT series turbo and really make use of it, just saying. And since you want to get maestro, how much more power could you possibly wind out of that K0R?

And no wayyyyyyyyy are tuscan rods necessary lol they say their H-Beams are good for 700hp

you may be right. but then again it's just a "plan" :D

AudiTFSI3o3
03-01-2012, 10:46 PM
You should probably just get a k04 so your engine can explode and then you get to stand on the side of the highway watching all your hopes and dreams spill out of the car all over the highway, its extremely exhilarating!

hahaha good luck to you sir!

viziers
03-02-2012, 05:44 AM

Those Tuscan rods are WAY more than what you need and are probably in the 600+ range.. If I wetre you i'd either go IE drop in rods which are 144x19 or go rod & piston but the drop ins will be perfect for your build IMO...

I'd sell ya my drop in rods but I gave them to Evan..

vizi

viziers
03-02-2012, 05:46 AM

Correction, I was told BY IE that they are good for 1000WHP!

EDITED: However the website states differently than what the tech said over the phone to me..

vizi

jimrobbington
03-02-2012, 06:24 AM
haha that's exactly what they tell me all the time

Oh I know! I grew up in NM!

JR

AudiTFSI3o3
03-02-2012, 08:16 AM
thanks vizi. i was actually looking at the drop ins before IE made there little "teaser" thread. i just wanted to see what the fuss was about haha. those drop ins look purddy

http://www.intengineering.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/n/integrated_engineering_connecting_rods_vw_audi_fsi .jpg

viziers
03-02-2012, 08:22 AM
No problem, I just did not want to see you spend money unnecessarily on something when the funds can be better utilized in other places..

vizi

AudiTFSI3o3
03-02-2012, 09:05 AM
No problem, I just did not want to see you spend money unnecessarily on something when the funds can be better utilized in other places..

vizi

thanks for looking out. i see in your sig that you have the drop in rods. why didn't you upgrade pistons?

viziers
03-02-2012, 09:14 AM
thanks for looking out. i see in your sig that you have the drop in rods. why didn't you upgrade pistons?

At the time I was not planning to go over 450whp but since it never made it im now rebuilding the motor and going to a larger piston as well and will hope to make somewhere in the neighborhood of 550whp+ but we will see how that turns out...Lol

vizi

AWDTURBO
03-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Viz your mileage is incredible!!!

Joe, I want to spend a good amount of money on my car but again I don't know if I want to do air ride or K0r. I rather do Air since I do shows more than anything, there is really no open road here in NJ that people haven't died on that cops don't monitor for street racing, so in my opinion going fast is kind of pointless.

viziers
03-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Joe, I want to spend a good amount of money on my car but again I don't know if I want to do air ride or K0r. I rather do Air since I do shows more than anything, there is really no open road here in NJ that people haven't died on that cops don't monitor for street racing, so in my opinion going fast is kind of pointless.

Hehe, thanks... If it was not being rebuilt/bored/etc etc im positive it could easily go for another 80k at minimum!

Being your in Nj, Ct is just a hop skip and a jump form you with some VERY NICE roads to have fun on......

vizi

AWDTURBO
03-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Hehe, thanks... If it was not being rebuilt/bored/etc etc im positive it could easily go for another 80k at minimum!

Being your in Nj, Ct is just a hop skip and a jump form you with some VERY NICE roads to have fun on......

vizi

You are correct but im still up in the air about it. I bother Clint every here and there lol

viziers
03-02-2012, 09:59 AM
You are correct but im still up in the air about it. I bother Clint every here and there lol

Is it feasable for you to do both? Clint is good people, I have talked to him a WHILE back on the phone when I was looking for tuning.

vizi

okswerve16
03-02-2012, 10:11 AM
As long as your motor is not having oil consumption issues theres no need for pistons, IE drop in rods would be perfect to ensure some safety if going with an agressive tune.

viziers
03-02-2012, 10:13 AM
As long as your motor is not having oil consumption issues theres no need for pistons, IE drop in rods would be perfect to ensure some safety if going with an agressive tune.

Agreed....

vizi

AudiTFSI3o3
03-02-2012, 12:38 PM

haha having the option to go fast is never pointless. it's good to know that you can go fast if you ever had to :D

I guess i "lucked out" that my motor does indeed consume oil then haha.

okswerve16
03-02-2012, 12:59 PM
I wouldnt say you lucked out cause adding pistons is way more moneyyyy than just drop in rods lol

viziers
03-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I wouldnt say you lucked out cause adding pistons is way more moneyyyy than just drop in rods lol

Ohh yes it is, but im hoping the 83.5mm Wossners will be well worth it!

vizi

ericpaulyoung
03-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Viz, how much are you going to bore out your block? What size pistons are you going to use?
Eric

viziers
03-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Viz, how much are you going to bore out your block? What size pistons are you going to use?
Eric

83.5mm pistons..

http://wossneronline.com/forged_pistons/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_2&products_id=47

vizi

AudiTFSI3o3
03-02-2012, 07:46 PM
83.5mm pistons..

http://wossneronline.com/forged_pistons/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_2&products_id=47

vizi

Wossner Comp. Ratio: 9.2:1
OE Comp. Ratio: 10.5:1

Damn!@

AudiTFSI3o3
03-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Techtonics 2.5" down pipe came home today :D

jimrobbington
03-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Techtonics 2.5" down pipe came home today :D

Nice! That's my downpipe!

JR

AudiTFSI3o3
03-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Nice! That's my downpipe!

JR

too bad i can't run test pipe again. loved the butt dyno with that

jimrobbington
03-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Can't? Why no?

JR

ericpaulyoung
03-03-2012, 11:06 AM
83.5mm pistons..

vizi

Are you going the 9.2:1 or the 10.5:1? I know this may sound stupid, but are you able to hone the cylinders in place, or are you pulling the engine out. Again, I know it sounds funny, but I fantasize about being able to bore out enough for slightly larger pistons without having to pull the whole damn thing out.
- Eric

viziers
03-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Are you going the 9.2:1 or the 10.5:1? I know this may sound stupid, but are you able to hone the cylinders in place, or are you pulling the engine out. Again, I know it sounds funny, but I fantasize about being able to bore out enough for slightly larger pistons without having to pull the whole damn thing out.
- Eric

They only come in 9.2:1 if you want them in stock CR the price jump to well over 1k for a custom set of pistons.. I believe you can hone the block while in the car but you can't bore the cylinders while it is in the car (I guess you could but QC is severely dimished).. My complete motor is being pulled as im also dowel pinning the crank timing gear and having extensive head work done...

vizi

AudiTFSI3o3
03-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Can't? Why no?

JR

remember when that ass hat from CSP gave me a fix-it ticket for exhaust? and i don't wanna deal with the hassle of swapping back and forth when emissions comes up. you bastards in parker, FOCO, boulder don't need to worry about emissions though, do ya??

drumnjuny
03-03-2012, 02:48 PM
i believe boulder county has some very strict emissions!

in VA, we have stickers that go on the windshield and our registration (plate stickers) are separate. in CO we use the plate stickers to show proof of emissions as well because u need to show emissions in order to re-register your car, if i'm not mistaken. emissions was up in august... haven't been bugged about it yet! I also don't run a front plate

jimrobbington
03-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Sadly, I live in Douglas county and not Elbert. So I too have to deal with that bullshit. It sucks, but for the sound/power, it is worth it to me.

JR

ericpaulyoung
03-03-2012, 04:10 PM
I live in sweet Oregon where only one county checks, and it is not mine. Long live the wild west!
- Eric

AudiTFSI3o3
03-03-2012, 05:14 PM
i believe boulder county has some very strict emissions!

in VA, we have stickers that go on the windshield and our registration (plate stickers) are separate. in CO we use the plate stickers to show proof of emissions as well because u need to show emissions in order to re-register your car, if i'm not mistaken. emissions was up in august... haven't been bugged about it yet! I also don't run a front plate

ha. well being in Denver i run HFC and now front plate too. Podi "skid plate" FT..W? better off than $75 no front plate tickets. I've had about 5 of those so far and when they were $25 a pop, I racked up maybe 20-30?

AudiTFSI3o3
03-04-2012, 05:46 PM
felt like this was missing some updates so took some quick pics of some parts

techtonics DP
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/aa644f34.jpg

Deval RS4 Front bumper
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/fa95e964.jpg

DTM Quad Rear Bumper
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/3b121543.jpg

USP door blades
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/317af64f.jpg

and Hofele RS4 Tips (pull them out later)
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/KGrHqRHJCQE8fW7s6zBPIvctYkfg60_58.jpg

seal66
03-04-2012, 07:19 PM
just to tell you on the deval front bumper, the wiper caps they send dont really sit to flush. I would have them installed professionally or use the stock wiper covers that snap in and hold.

AudiTFSI3o3
03-04-2012, 09:16 PM
just to tell you on the deval front bumper, the wiper caps they send dont really sit to flush. I would have them installed professionally or use the stock wiper covers that snap in and hold.

yeah i noticed that. i forgot to select that i didn't have washers as an option when checking out but nothing a simple shave can't fix

AudiTFSI3o3
03-05-2012, 06:20 PM
driving around today went WOT on the highway and immediately MIL came on. Checked with my REV app and sure enough got a P2293 code "Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 Performance." From what I understand it could be low fuel pressure, cam follower or thrust sensor. So far i cleared the code and will check if it comes back on later tonight.

In the meantime, my HPFP/PRV status just changed to "shipped" :D so i guess i could wait a few days to change the PRV/HPFP and cam follower all at once.

Joe

p.s. has anyone "upgraded" their camshaft?

SykoraA4
03-05-2012, 09:52 PM
any misfires or flashing cels?

AudiTFSI3o3
03-06-2012, 12:48 AM
any misfires or flashing cels?

no flashing CEL. no misfires that I know of. I don't have legit Vagcom software so i can't tell for sure. I haven't seen any misfire codes from the REV app either. So far i haven't gotten any codes or MIL after i cleared everything this morning. will wait and see i guess

drumnjuny
03-06-2012, 06:59 AM
driving around today went WOT on the highway and immediately MIL came on. Checked with my REV app and sure enough got a P2293 code "Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 Performance." From what I understand it could be low fuel pressure, cam follower or thrust sensor. So far i cleared the code and will check if it comes back on later tonight.

In the meantime, my HPFP/PRV status just changed to "shipped" :D so i guess i could wait a few days to change the PRV/HPFP and cam follower all at once.

Joe

p.s. has anyone "upgraded" their camshaft?

no upgraded cam here, but i did get the stealership to give me a revised CF, HPFP, and intake cam

AudiTFSI3o3
03-06-2012, 09:34 AM
no upgraded cam here, but i did get the stealership to give me a revised CF, HPFP, and intake cam

nice! from warranty or no? i've been out of warranty for some time

drumnjuny
03-06-2012, 11:08 AM
nice! from warranty or no? i've been out of warranty for some time

out of warranty, before they started doing the recall on it i got them to replace it all. was about 2 months before everyone started doing it, but i found out that you need a CEL in order to have the service performed... mine didn't because it was pre-recall. they tried to say that to me and i was like... i'll be there in 5. this is obviously a factory defect so i'm not taking no for an answer... by the time i got tot he dealership 10 minutes later he was like its all good we'll cover it, lol

AudiTFSI3o3
03-06-2012, 09:31 PM
slight update

car
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/c07a54f4.jpg

tyrol
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/08979dc0.jpg

I was planning on going BBK so might sell the Tyrol kit with my ATE rotors

Anyone interested?

Operator
03-06-2012, 10:06 PM
It's just my opinion of course, but I see the funds for a BBK better spent else where. If it's purly the looks you're going for, then go for it. But performance wise, I think it's over kill for daily driving. I don't see the need for a BBK unless you are quite often tracking your car. That said, they do like nice!

AudiTFSI3o3
03-07-2012, 07:42 AM
It's just my opinion of course, but I see the funds for a BBK better spent else where. If it's purly the looks you're going for, then go for it. But performance wise, I think it's over kill for daily driving. I don't see the need for a BBK unless you are quite often tracking your car. That said, they do like nice!

i actually am planning on tracking a lot ;D

jimrobbington
03-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Damn, we are like twinkies! Are you Arctic white also, or is it just that dirty?

JR

Operator
03-07-2012, 08:00 AM
i actually am planning on tracking a lot ;D

Well in that case, DOOOOOOO ETTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I better see you at HPR on the 15th of June!!!!

AudiTFSI3o3
03-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Well in that case, DOOOOOOO ETTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I better see you at HPR on the 15th of June!!!!

hopefully I will get everything done by then. and I mean everything. installs, tune, paint. aalll dat

Damn, we are like twinkies! Are you Arctic white also, or is it just that dirty?

JR

haha Ibis. i guess she is that dirty. haven't had the chance to raise the rears so all that "dirt" is from rubbing the liner. and don't worry, once it stops snowing i'll be throwing on some goldies ;D

drumnjuny
03-07-2012, 08:55 AM
i too will eventually throw a BBK on just b/c this will be my track car (eventually)

AudiTFSI3o3
03-07-2012, 03:18 PM
just came home :D
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1331158626.jpg

AudiTFSI3o3
03-08-2012, 03:32 PM
just came home :D
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1331158626.jpg

Spent all morning installing the HPFP. Finished about an hour ago and now I need to break it in :) PRV install can wait

AudiTFSI3o3
03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
cam follower wasn't too bad actually. just slight wear on the sides and the top. i'd say it had at least another 20-30k but i replaced it with this anyways

KMD's cam follower w/ armoloy
http://www.kmdtuning.com/images/uploads/kmd%20products/kmd-03023(1).jpg

camshaft needs replacing. will do that once pistons/rods go in

pics of the 2 followers later

AudiTFSI3o3
03-08-2012, 05:27 PM
also waiting to install the PRV. still have about 50 miles to go break in the new pump

AudiTFSI3o3
03-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Just ordered Maestro :D

All that's left is:

- S3 Injectors
- Pistons/Rods
- Engine mounts

drumnjuny
03-10-2012, 07:45 AM
when i was a kid, driving my bro's IS300 was the most fun shit in the world. stock suspension is sooooo nice, as stiff as my coils for sure!

DavidAAG
03-10-2012, 01:17 PM

All that's left is:

- S3 Injectors
- Pistons/Rods
- Engine mounts

Can't wait to see how u do on a dyno.

Operator
03-10-2012, 09:57 PM

All that's left is:

- S3 Injectors
- Pistons/Rods
- Engine mounts

When is your estimated install date?

AudiTFSI3o3
03-10-2012, 10:31 PM
When is your estimated install date?

it really depends if i can get some more $$ to fund the injectors/pistons/rods. as of right now once the K0R comes home I can just install that first thing and run ME7

Operator
03-10-2012, 10:43 PM
That'll take some tweaking, as I venture even Ray's base K0R map accounts for the S3 injectors

AudiTFSI3o3
03-10-2012, 11:30 PM
its okay i've had my eye on a set of s3 injectors for some time :D

jvis08
03-11-2012, 12:08 AM
project is looking good man! ended up buying another awe fmic eh? lol..didn't i buy mine from you awhile back?

AudiTFSI3o3
03-11-2012, 08:34 AM
project is looking good man! ended up buying another awe fmic eh? lol..didn't i buy mine from you awhile back?

you probably did haha. i basically had to buy everything back. its all good though, I've never been happier

Operator
03-11-2012, 08:31 PM
You're going with the full Deval kit right?

AudiTFSI3o3
03-11-2012, 09:03 PM
You're going with the full Deval kit right?

nah just the deval front and DTM rear i've had for about 2 years now

AudiTFSI3o3
03-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Goddamn. I'm getting really impatient! K0R NEEDS to come home and NEEDS to be installed! I NEED MOAR POWER, please ;D

on another note, Maestro shipped a few days ago. I need to track this thing

Edit:
Ship date Mar 12, 2012
Estimated delivery Mar 16, 2012

Only leaves me a few days to get some damn injectors!

DavidAAG
03-14-2012, 01:57 AM
Goddamn. I'm getting really impatient! K0R NEEDS to come home and NEEDS to be installed! I NEED MOAR POWER, please ;D

on another note, Maestro shipped a few days ago. I need to track this thing

Edit:
Ship date Mar 12, 2012
Estimated delivery Mar 16, 2012

Only leaves me a few days to get some damn injectors!

Haha you'll get it. I can't wait to see how maestro is tho... I really wanted that too but it takes a lot of trials to get the tune just right.

AudiTFSI3o3
03-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Haha you'll get it. I can't wait to see how maestro is tho... I really wanted that too but it takes a lot of trials to get the tune just right.

right? some guys had over 30 different files til they got it just right. i might be in that neighborhood

DavidAAG
03-14-2012, 11:14 AM
right? some guys had over 30 different files til they got it just right. i might be in that neighborhood

Sounds about right to me. The guys at redline speed worx told me it took one of their friends 6 months until his car was running right. That's what turned me off about maestro. Now if someone from rai had a maestro tune setup saved that ppl use all the time, then I would def. love to have that right now.

rkesh88
03-14-2012, 11:17 AM
I thought they did have a base file that once you got it would take a few tweaks to set it right?

Operator
03-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Now if someone from rai had a maestro tune setup saved that ppl use all the time, then I would def. love to have that right now.

Like the one Ray has been working on?

drumnjuny
03-14-2012, 12:12 PM
the only reason it takes 30 files is because they are starting from a map for a completely different turbo, i.e. stock or k04.

once they have the tune like Operator is saying, for one KOR, they will ship that as the base file with the KOR and then make adjustments from there, i.e. way less files

ericpaulyoung
03-14-2012, 12:23 PM
the only reason it takes 30 files is because they are starting from a map for a completely different turbo, i.e. stock or k04.

once they have the tune like Operator is saying, for one KOR, they will ship that as the base file with the KOR and then make adjustments from there, i.e. way less files

K04 = completely different turbo than KOR. That is probably why the KOR runs so crappy with an APR K04 tune?

I love how this rumor has become truth in the AZ community with a zero threshold for evidence. I am really glad the AZ community is not design pharmaceuticals or airbags!! "Ya Jim, that looks fine, just duct tape it on the wing, it will be fine. What, you want proof, nah, not really needed in these here parts."

I think a better way of saying it is MAESTRO has only been around a few years, and only recently being applied to the B7 (i.e., VERY VERY young technology) with one dude in Canada trying to field all the tunes for multiple platforms.
- Eric

drumnjuny
03-14-2012, 01:19 PM
K04 = completely different turbo than KOR. That is probably why the KOR runs so crappy with an APR K04 tune?

I love how this rumor has become truth in the AZ community with a zero threshold for evidence. I am really glad the AZ community is not design pharmaceuticals or airbags!! "Ya Jim, that looks fine, just duct tape it on the wing, it will be fine. What, you want proof, nah, not really needed in these here parts."

I think a better way of saying it is MAESTRO has only been around a few years, and only recently being applied to the B7 (i.e., VERY VERY young technology) with one dude in Canada trying to field all the tunes for multiple platforms.
- Eric

that's not accurate from what i hear from RAI they are in possession of the tunes and ship them out with Maestro. and yes the KOR and K04 are "completely different" in the sense that the same tune is not optimized for both. and "i.e." means "for example".

my point which you missed is that going from a tune for the wrong turbo, since there are no ots tunes for the KOR, is going to take a few revisions and maybe 30 if you're going from stock. but every KOR after that will go from the 30th revision and maybe only need a few and reach a final of rev 34 even though they've only seen 4 revisions because the hardware is similar between a KOR and a KOR so less revisions of the tune will be needed than say if we were going from FOR EXAMPLE stock or ko4 to KOR...

TIA

ericpaulyoung
03-14-2012, 01:45 PM
No tune is optimized until you put it on the specific car regardless of whether or not the exact same turbo is used. You slap a KOR on steve's car and tune it, and the optimal tune for biff's car with the exact same KOR will be different. This is no basis for saying that Steve's KOR is "completely different" from Biff's KOR. But that is the logic you are putting down, which is confusing to the scientific minded.

We need to get the "real engineer" in here to straighten us up. Where is the quality guy working at an injector vendor at? He might have some friends that work in the quality department at Newport News that can tell us about engineering submarines.
- Eric

drumnjuny
03-14-2012, 01:48 PM
No tune is optimized until you put it on the specific car regardless of whether or not the exact same turbo is used. You slap a KOR on steve's car and tune it, and the optimal tune for biff's car with the exact same KOR will be different. This is no basis for saying that Steve's KOR is "completely different" from Biff's KOR. But that is the logic you are putting down, which is confusing to the scientific minded.

We need to get the "real engineer" in here to straighten us up. Where is the quality guy working at an injector vendor at? He might have some friends that work in the quality department at Newport News that can tell us about engineering submarines.
- Eric

i feel like you're ignoring what i'm saying because you want to argue about the KOR vs KO4 but i have no interest in that nor did i say anything directly relating to that (i guess it depends how u take it but i'm not trying to argue with you). yes going from KOR to KOR isn't going to be optimized. that's why i said maybe 4 revisions. it is going to take less revisions than going KO4 to KOR. because they are less similar than a KOR to KOR

ericpaulyoung
03-14-2012, 02:07 PM
because they are less similar than a KOR to KOR

Nope, now we agree. Given all the previous thread arguments and complete lack of proof, I just go cross-eyed at comments like "completely different", but "less similar" is a good description and I agree that the tune evolution will be minimal.
- eric

EDIT - I still want to hear from the "real engineer" guy again though :)

Operator
03-14-2012, 02:10 PM
i feel like you're ignoring what i'm saying because you want to argue about the KOR vs KO4 but i have no interest in that nor did i say anything directly relating to that (i guess it depends how u take it but i'm not trying to argue with you). yes going from KOR to KOR isn't going to be optimized. that's why i said maybe 4 revisions. it is going to take less revisions than going KO4 to KOR. because they are less similar than a KOR to KOR

I understand exactly what you're saying AJ (yeh, I just did that). "IF" I went with the base 2.0T file that Eurodyne has for my car, it may well take 10+ revisions to tweak it. Why, well the base 2.0t has injectors that flow less, a HPFP, that flows less, a exhaust system that flows less, a PRV, that isn't optimal, a smaller less flow K03, no w/m, less effecient IC's, a different intake, etc, etc, etc....... While getting the base K0R tune from Ray gets me a tune that takes into account over half those monds, and allows me to start off closer to an optimal tune. You broke it down well AJ, and I was tracking you!

ericpaulyoung
03-14-2012, 02:15 PM
I understand exactly what you're saying AJ (yeh, I just did that). "IF" I went with the base 2.0T file that Eurodyne has for my car, it may well take 10+ revisions to tweak it. Why, well the base 2.0t has injectors that flow less, a HPFP, that flows less, a exhaust system that flows less, a PRV, that isn't optimal, a smaller less flow K03, no w/m, less effecient IC's, a different intake, etc, etc, etc....... While getting the base K0R tune from Ray gets me a tune that takes into account over half those monds, and allows me to start off closer to an optimal tune. You broke it down well AJ, and I was tracking you!

I was tackling him, but for a different reason. The interpretation that you just did is exactly correct and the "real" reason that the tuning is easier for the base map.
- Eric

AudiTFSI3o3
03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
so much bickering. sorry guys :( lets just wait and see how it goes. Clint told me K0R should be shipped out in a few days and will also send me Ray's base map file. Until then.

time to order some rods!

ericpaulyoung
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
You are going to be a happy man; the KOR is a rocking turbo and RAI is a great shop.
- Eric

drumnjuny
03-14-2012, 04:25 PM
im so confused who the real engineer is haha.

ericpaulyoung
03-14-2012, 04:56 PM
...Take it from a real engineer...

Works for a big fuel injection place, and he crashed a couple of threads saying how he deserves respect for working at a place that does a lot of diesel engine business and how he is a real engineer, but turns out he works in the quality department. Just to be sure I wasn't being a dick, I asked him if he was a "real engineer" before going into quality, as a lot of the best quality guys that I work with indeed were "real" engineers for many years before hopping into that side of the business, but well he never answered.

- Eric

AudiTFSI3o3
03-14-2012, 05:25 PM
oh by the way I called my guy today about installing rods/pistons. He told me it wasn't necessary to pull the motor completely, just having it suspended was probably enough. He quoted me about 16.5 hours so far, which totals about $1800 before tax. He also told me while they have everything apart they will clean up the carbon, install injectors and turbo at no extra cost. If everything comes out as planned i should be looking at about $2k. :D

drumnjuny
03-14-2012, 09:54 PM
oh by the way I called my guy today about installing rods/pistons. He told me it wasn't necessary to pull the motor completely, just having it suspended was probably enough. He quoted me about 16.5 hours so far, which totals about $1800 before tax. He also told me while they have everything apart they will clean up the carbon, install injectors and turbo at no extra cost. If everything comes out as planned i should be looking at about $2k. :D

.... where are you getting all of this done??

AudiTFSI3o3
03-14-2012, 10:18 PM
i think i mentioned it before. G&G Auto on about 38th & Tennyson. Small father-son bidniz been around for years. They probably do the best maintenance work for the best rates around town. Same guys who swapped my cat for HFC and "re-did" all of Avalon's screw ups.

drumnjuny
03-14-2012, 10:24 PM
i think i mentioned it before. G&G Auto on about 38th & Tennyson. Small father-son bidniz been around for years. They probably do the best maintenance work for the best rates around town. Same guys who swapped my cat for HFC and "re-did" all of Avalon's screw ups.

sorry, must have missed it... are you dropping off a motor or the car? sounds like a really good price

AudiTFSI3o3
03-14-2012, 10:32 PM
sorry, must have missed it... are you dropping off a motor or the car? sounds like a really good price

dropping off the car. plan is to only drop the subframe and have the block suspended and do all the work from that. $$ wise I'd trust these guys any day. they actually follow all OEM specs. I've gone to them for the A4, IS300 and IS350.

AudiTFSI3o3
03-15-2012, 02:35 PM
well hello beautiful, where have you been all my life?

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1331843527.jpg
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1331843500.jpg

Maestro comes home tomorrow and rods/injectors hopefully by next week. then the fun can begin [evilsmile]

jimrobbington
03-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Loooks so clean. Me likey.

JR

SykoraA4
03-15-2012, 02:50 PM
nice! get that sucker in there.

DavidAAG
03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Nice!!! It's such a great feeling when u drop it off at the shop. Keep us posted when everything comes in and when turbo goes in. I'm on my way to pick up my car (it's an hour drive there.) I'll let u guys know how it feels.

AudiTFSI3o3
03-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Nice!!! It's such a great feeling when u drop it off at the shop. Keep us posted when everything comes in and when turbo goes in. I'm on my way to pick up my car (it's an hour drive there.) I'll let u guys know how it feels.

haha definitely let us know how it feels

thanks guys. so excited!

ericpaulyoung
03-15-2012, 03:48 PM

Shop?? Why not install yourself and save the cash?
- Eric

jimrobbington
03-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Shop?? Why not install yourself and save the cash?
- Eric

Warranty, peace of mind, etc....

Don't forget, RAI stated before that their turbo will carry 0 warranty unless installed by a professional shop.

JR

drumnjuny
03-15-2012, 06:08 PM
^^ truth. sigh. depressing but true.

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

ericpaulyoung
03-15-2012, 07:07 PM
That kinda sucks, as I love doing all my work myself :(
Eric

AudiTFSI3o3
03-15-2012, 07:30 PM
i would 100% rather do it all myself than spend money to have it done, but i wouldn't trust myself with something major like engine internals.

DavidAAG
03-15-2012, 09:50 PM
I get to frustrated and with not being able to reach stuff or bolts being on so tight. But yes def. warranty part is big part.

AudiTFSI3o3
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM
came home today :D

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1331939973.jpg

ericpaulyoung
03-16-2012, 07:19 PM
What's in the box?
- Eric

Operator
03-16-2012, 08:01 PM
What's in the box?
- Eric

Maestro connection cable.

AudiTFSI3o3
03-19-2012, 06:32 PM
sup guys. i'm sure some of you saw the injectors popped up in the classifieds :D should be home by the end of the week.

spring break is next week so hopefully i can get everything installed and ready to go! will update :D

seal66
03-20-2012, 07:38 AM
you jumped on them injectors fast lol. i had contacted him right after you lol

AudiTFSI3o3
03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Injectors came home today. now waiting on stuff from IE :D Spring break woohoo!

Operator
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
You may be on the road before I am.........

AudiTFSI3o3
03-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Perhaps. Took a look at Maestro the other day. Crazy, but pretty straight forward. Waiting to get everything I installed before I log and send a file to Euro. Once i get the flash, I'll talk to Ray for a base file. :)

seal66
03-23-2012, 05:03 PM
you guys are so lucky. I really want to do a KOR-gt swap and I have the money to do it but, waiting to see more people run it near me so i can feel the difference between my car and theres.

AudiTFSI3o3
03-26-2012, 08:52 AM
a bit of sad news guys, i guess it was my own fault though. remember the KSport coilovers I installed about a month ago? Not sure if it was because I hit a pothole or what, but the rear right setup basically blew out mid drive. I guess you get what you pay for. Right now looking at the Bilstein pss9s in the classifieds.

On another note, the car is sitting at the shop anyways, so hopefully when my pistons/rods come in (hopefully) by Tomorrow, they can just rip apart the block anyways :D until then

AudiTFSI3o3
03-26-2012, 03:05 PM
scratch that. only the rear shocks need replacing. everything else is fine. no more Pss9

AudiTFSI3o3
03-27-2012, 08:56 PM
ordered bilstein adjustable rear shocks yesterday to cope with the blown rears.

dropped off the turbo/injectors/DP today. head is coming off tomorrow for the initial carbon cleaning then everything goes in!

Pistons came in today too :D
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1332903148.jpg

now waiting on rods and shocks hopefully coming in by Friday

AudiTFSI3o3
04-01-2012, 06:46 PM
came home Friday. dropping these off at the shop tomorrow

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1333318229.jpg

okswerve16
04-01-2012, 06:52 PM
I cant really tell from the picture but does the rods small end taper towards the top?

seal66
04-01-2012, 08:08 PM
kinda curious how they are going to implement the wii remote into the build lol

AudiTFSI3o3
04-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I cant really tell from the picture but does the rods small end taper towards the top?

what do you mean?

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1333333620.jpg

haha was waiting for someone to mention that

okswerve16
04-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Can you show a side view? Those look like IE drop in rods in that case they will not work with your JE pistons....you can tell because the end of the rod is tapered in, instead of square on the rods they sell to be used with aftermarket pistons

Operator
04-01-2012, 08:46 PM

THIS!!!!

AudiTFSI3o3
04-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Can you show a side view? Those look like IE drop in rods in that case they will not work with your JE pistons....you can tell because the end of the rod is tapered in, instead of square on the rods they sell to be used with aftermarket pistons

the rods are Integrated Engineering 144x20MM connecting rods and pistons are JE 82.5MM Bore 92.8MM Stroke. they pair up fine

seal66
04-01-2012, 10:16 PM
I try lol.

So this is just a drop in set then? Why not upgrade your camshaft while your at it?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-01-2012, 10:29 PM
I try lol.

So this is just a drop in set then? Why not upgrade your camshaft while your at it?

i wanted to. was even thinking of Audi's newer revision camshaft. all the others cost an arm and a leg

i think i'll be okay (knock on wood)

okswerve16
04-01-2012, 10:32 PM
the rods are Integrated Engineering 144x20MM connecting rods and pistons are JE 82.5MM Bore 92.8MM Stroke. they pair up fine

cool jw cause from that angle they resembled the drop ins, any reason why you went with stock bore?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-02-2012, 08:01 AM
cool jw cause from that angle they resembled the drop ins, any reason why you went with stock bore?

went with stock dimensions so i wouldn't have to run into anything major just to get em to fit i.e. bore-ing(boring), honing, etc.

seal66
04-02-2012, 02:25 PM
I was wondering. Isnt there a recall to get the new revision cam or no? I can't remember.

I would like to do this as well with my motor before I do my turbo upgrade. I don't plan on boring, honing or anything either, do plan on seeing If i can switch over to the 1.8t oil pump though

AudiTFSI3o3
04-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I was wondering. Isnt there a recall to get the new revision cam or no? I can't remember.

I would like to do this as well with my motor before I do my turbo upgrade. I don't plan on boring, honing or anything either, do plan on seeing If i can switch over to the 1.8t oil pump though

don't quote me on this but i don't think theres a recall. from what I understand it's just a warranty extension?

seal66
04-02-2012, 02:40 PM
okay. I was not sure. I have not done any warranty work to my car since I am the 3rd owner, and I bought it with a salavaged title.

If you dont mind me asking how much was it for the pistons/rods to your door? are you going to do valve springs and valves?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-02-2012, 03:46 PM
don't mind at all. both sets total was about $1000 shipped to my door. i don't have any plans to do valves/springs.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-02-2012, 06:18 PM

well this is embarrassing. I really took your "advice" and went back to the shop to take a look at the pistons/rods I dropped off. Turns out you were right and I was completely in the wrong. The drop in rods I purchased are stock dimensions and like you said, won't work with the JE pistons. It must've slipped my mind somewhere that the rods I purchased were NOT 144x20mm rods.

anywhoo, now the pistons being returned. This doesn't delay the build at all, I'll just now be running IE rods with stock pistons

Joe

okswerve16
04-02-2012, 07:07 PM
No offense taken glad you sorted it out, much cheaper to go with stock pistons anyways no need to hone the block and worry about breaking in a new set of rings! You werent having oil consumption issues were you?

seal66
04-02-2012, 07:34 PM
damn 1k is not bad at all man. I see. was just wondering since you already had the motor apart if it would just be worth upgrading the valves and springs you know.

okswerve16
04-02-2012, 09:20 PM
damn 1k is not bad at all man. I see. was just wondering since you already had the motor apart if it would just be worth upgrading the valves and springs you know.

yeah if you have another 1300 to drop lol and are doing it yourself why notttt

seal66
04-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Of course. It is another step in building the motor a bit stronger. this is my plan atleast once I save up the dough to do this. I will be doing the motor with the help of my buddy who builds motor

okswerve16
04-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Personally I would leave headwork to a professional I got a full ferrea +1mm system I did everything myself except the head work unless you have the experience, you should really get the head checked before hand and let them intall. IMO.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
yeah, a lot of people prefer to do headwork themselves especially because how much you can save from labor. when it comes to everything else about the car, I am a proud DIYer but would never be comfortable enough to do headwork myself. I would never take that risk

seal66
04-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Only reason why I would be doing the head work, is my buddies current girls. Dad is a Audi mechanic and has rebuilt quite a few of these motor

AudiTFSI3o3
04-03-2012, 03:21 PM
^^ nice. might as well then haha.

Little update:

Stopped by the shop to pick up the old turbo. Front end completely removed, engine is on a lift, head coming off as we speak. 1st time i got a chance to look at the turbos side by side. the impeller size difference is crazy! I can honestly say I'm extremely excited for the K0R [:D]

once the head is off they'll start the complete carbon clean. then rods, injectors, plugs. and finally the timing belt kit, WP, thermostat. also removed the Forge DV to go with OEM upgraded piston DV. then we're good to go with Maestro.

Still looking for a rear set of shocks and tomorrow shipping back the K03 to RAI :D

Pics to CUM

p.s. Forge DV up for sale. any takers?

DavidAAG
04-03-2012, 06:55 PM
^^ nice. might as well then haha.

Little update:

Stopped by the shop to pick up the old turbo. Front end completely removed, engine is on a lift, head coming off as we speak. 1st time i got a chance to look at the turbos side by side. the impeller size difference is crazy! I can honestly say I'm extremely excited for the K0R [:D]

once the head is off they'll start the complete carbon clean. then rods, injectors, plugs. and finally the timing belt kit, WP, thermostat. also removed the Forge DV to go with OEM upgraded piston DV. then we're good to go with Maestro.

Still looking for a rear set of shocks and tomorrow shipping back the K03 to RAI :D

Pics to CUM

p.s. Forge DV up for sale. any takers?

Nice. It looks like your gonna even be done before me :-/. My tech recommended me to take off my forge dv also. So I guess im going to sell mine too lol. But good luck with your build. Are u going to dyno it right away or no? Cuz I want to see how amazing the difference is of maestro and apr K04 tune.

Operator
04-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Nice. It looks like your gonna even be done before me :-/.

Heck if I don't get my car back together soon, he may even beat me to Maestro tuning.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Heck if I don't get my car back together soon, he may even beat me to Maestro tuning.

haha I wouldn't be so sure on that. The last time I took a look at Maestro was literally about 2 weeks ago. once everything is back together I'm really gonna get on Maestro. btw have you sent your base log to Eurodyne for the initial flash yet?

Operator
04-03-2012, 08:56 PM
It's been over 2 weeks since my cars had wheels/tires on let alone been driven. But I'm aiming to have it on the road no later than Friday, so I can send off my info before the weekend.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-03-2012, 08:59 PM
even after everything is back together my dilemma is still to source a set of rear shocks so i can actually drive around and get this thing on the dyno

Operator
04-03-2012, 09:12 PM
I have my stockers still. Not sure if that helps?!?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I have my stockers still. Not sure if that helps?!?

haha i have mine as well. right now I'm running Ksport coilovers but the rear shock blew out. now i need adjustable shocks to run in place of my K sport shocks. the adjustable spring/seat is still fine. eeek

DavidAAG
04-04-2012, 02:48 AM

That's right. Your going for maestro also. If everything turns out great and easy with both yours (operator) and yours (AudiTFSI3o3) I'm going for that myself. Good luck to the both of u.

Operator
04-04-2012, 08:26 AM
haha i have mine as well. right now I'm running Ksport coilovers but the rear shock blew out. now i need adjustable shocks to run in place of my K sport shocks. the adjustable spring/seat is still fine. eeek

Figured that was the case, just wasn't sure.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-04-2012, 12:30 PM
few pics.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/IMG_3408.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/IMG_3409.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/IMG_3410.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/IMG_3411.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/IMG_3412.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/IMG_3414.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/IMG_3413.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/IMG_3416.jpg

and of course

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/IMG_3418.jpg

SykoraA4
04-04-2012, 01:52 PM
was your car repainted?

CorneliusRox
04-04-2012, 02:33 PM
was your car repainted?

left quarter panel must have been

AudiTFSI3o3
04-04-2012, 03:09 PM
yeah the original color was Quartz Gray and it was painted to Ibis White, thats why you see QG in the bay

AudiTFSI3o3
04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
shocks are in

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1334254663.jpg

AudiTFSI3o3
04-12-2012, 03:56 PM
great news! car is back together and up and running just fine :D probably getting her back tomorrow after the shocks get swapped out. so excited :D AHHH!!!

audi8844
04-12-2012, 06:34 PM
great news! car is back together and up and running just fine :D probably getting her back tomorrow after the shocks get swapped out. so excited :D AHHH!!!

Awesome! Glad to hear. You still planning to dyno?

drumnjuny
04-12-2012, 09:28 PM
awesome! tuning?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear. You still planning to dyno?

planning to - yes. actually doing it - not sure haha

awesome! tuning?

yup, got Maestro on my Vaio. once the car is home its time to get crackin

drumnjuny
04-13-2012, 08:43 AM
sorry i was hurt last night lmao i def remember u are doing maestro. so no break-in period because you're using stock pistons/piston rings?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-13-2012, 11:49 AM
sorry i was hurt last night lmao i def remember u are doing maestro. so no break-in period because you're using stock pistons/piston rings?

yeah nothing to break in haha. will let you know!

AudiTFSI3o3
04-14-2012, 03:02 PM
one of my cousins had a turbo timer laying around, unused or anything so he gave it to me. a'pexi

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1334437185.jpg

anyone else using turbo timer for even something as small as a K0R?

I actually had the opportunity to take back the car yesterday but the shop closed at 1 which was too early for me so I'll have to wait till monday :(

AudiTFSI3o3
04-16-2012, 12:55 PM
yo guys! got the car back today ;D I've decided to give it about a 300 mile break in period just because. i know break in isn't really necessary since all i replaced was rods but can't be too safe now.

first impressions:
1) exhausts sounds significantly louder than it was before - due to the Techtonics down pipe. In my opinion the OBX exhaust with stock cat was probably 2/10 in sound. With the addition of the HFC I'd say it went to 3/10. Now with the down pipe I'd say its at least 3.5/10. Still nothing compared to AWE which was probably 10/10 haha.
2) turbo spools so much quicker than that darn K03. I gotta make some sound clips :D
3) had the rear suspension replaced with Koni sport shocks. Love the ride
4) also had the block carbon cleaned - feels like a completely new engine!

Since the battery was removed for some time, the ECU was reset back to stock program. I didn't get a chance to switch back to APR 91 until I pulled up in my driveway. I practically have another 300 miles until i can:
1) log and send my base file back to Eurodyne
2) Do some dyno runs in stock, 91 programs
3) Flash the ECU w/ Eurodyne and
4) Load Ray's base file for the K0R
5) GO CRAZY [evilsmile]

drumnjuny
04-16-2012, 01:05 PM
awesome!!! come give me a ride and show me maestro [up]

SykoraA4
04-16-2012, 01:10 PM
excited for you man. it just gets better!

AudiTFSI3o3
04-16-2012, 01:13 PM
haha maybe once everything is together and I show up at the next GTG

seal66
04-16-2012, 01:35 PM
damn man. I would love to catch a ride in it sometime. Now that Operator is down due to his unplanned lug nut break.

Operator
04-16-2012, 01:41 PM
damn man. I would love to catch a ride in it sometime. Now that Operator is down due to his unplanned lug nut break.

Whoa, I'm not down, just a bit rough around the edges [;)]

AudiTFSI3o3
04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Whoa, I'm not down, just a bit rough around the edges [;)]

oh man, Dave, that was the culprit? Sorry to hear man!

seal66
04-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Ha ha dave. It sucks what happened to your car man.

Operator
04-16-2012, 04:16 PM
oh man, Dave, that was the culprit? Sorry to hear man!

Short lugs.

seal66
04-16-2012, 07:32 PM
ha ha...must be used to hearing that lol. jk... anyways... your car is just seasoned now too.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-16-2012, 08:19 PM
damnit man. hope you get everything straightened out.

In the meantime, since the S-line bumper was off, i decided to test fit the Deval [evilsmile]

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1334629081.jpg

ericpaulyoung
04-16-2012, 08:29 PM
That intercooler is HUGE!
- Eric

seal66
04-16-2012, 09:13 PM
let me know how that deval bumper sits btw and if any or what extra hardware you needed?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-16-2012, 09:27 PM
bumper didn't really come with anything else other than foglight brackets and some universal mesh. i don't plan on having this painted, at least until summer. right now all I'm concentrated is the tune.

eric - that's AWE for ya [up]

seal66
04-16-2012, 09:33 PM
okay cool. I was wondering. How did it fit for you?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-16-2012, 11:18 PM
bumper fit fine. it's Polyurethane I believe so it's extremely flimsy

AudiTFSI3o3
04-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Started at noon and finished about 4pm. No more slammed look. 24.5" FTG (18s) all around. better pics later once I settle on some new wheels

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1334880582.jpg

compared to

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/c07a54f4.jpg

Also, drove about 150 miles of my 300 goal to break in before I tune. half way there!

seal66
04-19-2012, 06:31 PM
is that the deval bumper on or no?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-19-2012, 06:36 PM
no not yet. once i make some more $$ i'll be painting the Deval front, DTM rear and USP door blades

seal66
04-19-2012, 06:49 PM
nice man. did you have all the hardware needed for the deval to install on

jimrobbington
04-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Joe, awesome progress, man! Lol. I try not to browse the build section too much, lest I get depressed about my own situation. Lol.

I have very high hopes for your setup! With the rods in there, I bet you can program a sick torque spike with high boost and hold it towards redline. I hate to say it, but I also think that AWE fmic will lead to more benefits for you than most other cars. I'm sorry to ericpaulyoung, but I think this setup will blow his K04 out of the water.

Joe, you going to the first big gtg next Month? It's like a Saturday night or something.

You are planning on meth, no?

DavidAAG
04-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Wow your up and running too. Man I'm jealous. How does it feel. Is it fast as hell and fun or ahh it can be better??

drumnjuny
04-20-2012, 08:23 AM
he can't quite romp on it yet, and the car isn't even tuned!! but i'm sure it will be fast haha

AudiTFSI3o3
04-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Joe, awesome progress, man! Lol. I try not to browse the build section too much, lest I get depressed about my own situation. Lol.

I have very high hopes for your setup! With the rods in there, I bet you can program a sick torque spike with high boost and hold it towards redline. I hate to say it, but I also think that AWE fmic will lead to more benefits for you than most other cars. I'm sorry to ericpaulyoung, but I think this setup will blow his K04 out of the water.

Joe, you going to the first big gtg next Month? It's like a Saturday night or something.

You are planning on meth, no?

Haha thanks Jim. My goal from the beginning of this build was to get 300whp/300wtq. Once I start tuning I'll decide if i need to run meth or not to reach my goal.

Wow your up and running too. Man I'm jealous. How does it feel. Is it fast as hell and fun or ahh it can be better??

haha I can't tell you for sure how it is yet. I've been taking it easy on APR Stage 2. Once I feel comfortable I'll probably send my base file to Eurodyne and do some dyno runs on APR. Once that's all ironed out I'll go ahead and mess with the Maestro tune.

Firefox250
04-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Joe do you plan on selling your S-line front bumer after you install your DTM?

-Carl

seal66
04-20-2012, 09:05 AM
you guys did pretty much what I want to do. Its not fair lol. Expect I have a little different plans to push the kor pretty far

jimrobbington
04-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Imo, 300/300 is fairly low aspirations, considering you are doing rods. I would be totally happy with 300 whp, but I think you can tweak that torque up higher. 325-350wtq would be sweet!

jimrobbington
04-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Especially considering I have already hit 300 wtq on my weak setup.

seal66
04-20-2012, 10:13 AM
rods and pistons are not really needed for the kor setup at all. Even pushing it hard, are rods and pistons are fine. At least that was the talk that I had with someone lol...

Pretty much overkill. But, hey atleast its going to be solid and if you ever change turbos you are then ready for the next step. I so no reason why the kor with proper tuning and w/m well not get 350 atleast.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-20-2012, 10:17 AM
rods and pistons are not really needed for the kor setup at all. Even pushing it hard, are rods and pistons are fine. At least that was the talk that I had with someone lol...

Pretty much overkill. But, hey atleast its going to be solid and if you ever change turbos you are then ready for the next step. I so no reason why the kor with proper tuning and w/m well not get 350 atleast.

I know they're not necessary. its more "peace of mind." even after I realized I ordered the wrong pistons, rods will do just fine for the K0R.

Imo, 300/300 is fairly low aspirations, considering you are doing rods. I would be totally happy with 300 whp, but I think you can tweak that torque up higher. 325-350wtq would be sweet!

I know 300wtq was a low number haha. just a starting point of my goals :D

Joe do you plan on selling your S-line front bumer after you install your DTM?

-Carl

I guess i could but not sure what i'd get out of it haha. needs a little repair so not sure what it's going for

seal66
04-20-2012, 10:50 AM
I am with you though on the overkill. I really want to do rods at least. Are pistons are forged from what I hear so I see no reason to change them out.

Operator
04-20-2012, 12:47 PM
I so no reason why the kor with proper tuning and w/m well not get 350 atleast.

350 what?!? Crank HP? Crank tq, wheel tq? I love my K0R as much as the next guy. But 350whp is not happening. Especially at altitude on a TIP. 325whp with a custom tune on a 6mt at sea level maybe. Maybe you guys will prove me wrong but mid 300's is no walk in the park.

audi8844
04-20-2012, 12:57 PM
350 what?!? Crank HP? Crank tq, wheel tq? I love my K0R as much as the next guy. But 350whp is not happening. Especially at altitude on a TIP. 325whp with a custom tune on a 6mt at sea level maybe. Maybe you guys will prove me wrong but mid 300's is no walk in the park.

Definitely. I'm thinking about a GTX2867 and 350whp would be exciting to reach on that setup

seal66
04-20-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't see why 350 would be a hard number to reach. Hp or tq wise. The kor and a custom tune with w/m should be enough

audi8844
04-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Maybe at the crank, but RAI hit 300awhp and 330awtq (or whatever it was) pushing very high boost numbers. Although I do think they did it without w/m, but not too sure about that. I am definitely curious to see what everyone's setup ends up pushing.

ericpaulyoung
04-20-2012, 02:19 PM

I am totally gonna get 300 whp on my K04 6 MT. hehehe
- Eric

AudiTFSI3o3
04-20-2012, 02:26 PM

I completely agree. 350 crank may be more realistic with the K0R than 350 to the wheels. Especially with our elevation at 5280ft. Not sure what elevation is up in WY but i'm sure glad I'm not in Springs haha

AudiTFSI3o3
04-20-2012, 02:35 PM
alright guys. ran into a little problem. I haven't pushed it to WOT yet until about 20 minutes ago on the highway. I was cruising @ 70mph in 6th when I downshifted to 4th to pass a truck. Went up to about 4500-5000 RPM and nothing. Literally nothing happened. It felt like a fuel cut but everything I've replaced so far is HPFP, follower, PRV, injectors. My guess is the LPFP, anyone else think the same thing?

No CEL, nothing. Shifted back to 6th and it was fine (as in no WOT)

ericpaulyoung
04-20-2012, 02:41 PM
You are limited by the tune right now, so that is what is happening. And I win the pool, it took you less than 300 miles to stomp it :)
- Eric

AudiTFSI3o3
04-20-2012, 02:45 PM
You are limited by the tune right now, so that is what is happening. And I win the pool, it took you less than 300 miles to stomp it :)
- Eric

hmm. that doesn't seem like the culprit. I mean even Dave was able to dyno 280 to the wheels on his APR tune. I can't seem to go WOT at all. and yes, you win haha

Operator
04-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I had a APR K04 tune. Aren't you on a APR K03 Stage II tune.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-20-2012, 03:08 PM
I had a APR K04 tune. Aren't you on a APR K03 Stage II tune.

oh shit that's right haha. my mistake. yep i'm still Stage 2 tune. if it is the case that i'm limited, i guess no dyno-ing for me

Operator
04-20-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't know that you are limited. Just your performance won't be ideal.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-20-2012, 03:24 PM
It's not even that. Like I said before I tried going WOT earlier today and nothing happened. I was in 6th, downshifted to 4th, RPMs went up and nothing. With the gas pedal 50% depressed I went no where.

ericpaulyoung
04-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Ah shit, I was thinking about glissoar's build and how his tune was turned down for the break in. Sorry, wrong build thread, delete advice given above.
- Eric

AudiTFSI3o3
04-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Ah shit, I was thinking about glissoar's build and how his tune was turned down for the break in. Sorry, wrong build thread, delete advice given above.
- Eric

shit! just drove home to grab my laptop to start the initial log. then realized I forgot my OBD cable at the gf's house when I got home! FML

AudiTFSI3o3
04-20-2012, 07:13 PM
uh oh guys. happened again. this time MIL came on. pulled the code and got this

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1334970704.png

AudiTFSI3o3
04-20-2012, 07:36 PM
I really hope it's not the camshaft because I could have replaced that when the rods went in but I chose not to

jimrobbington
04-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Any news?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-25-2012, 03:17 PM
sorry not much since the code. seems like everything is fine now. i've just been having trouble getting the cable to read at all with Maestro. tried contacting Eurodyne without much help from them at all.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-26-2012, 07:02 PM
this Maestro thing is driving me nuts. Started DL'ing Windows XP to replace my Windows 7 to see if that's gonna do the trick.

In the meantime this 180 pipe came home. coupled it with my CX racing pipe and this is hot she looks

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1335402277.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/AudiTFSI3o3/1335402234.jpg

rarak69
04-26-2012, 08:13 PM
sorry not much since the code. seems like everything is fine now. i've just been having trouble getting the cable to read at all with Maestro. tried contacting Eurodyne without much help from them at all.

can you not even read the ecu file to flash the eurodyne in? Does it even connect to ecu and try to start reading then fail? or nothing at all?

These A4's are finicky for some reason in my experience, some i have flashed flawlessly, some have just not worked at all, regardless of some tricks ive tried, had to take the ecu to the bench :/

unplugging the cluster helps sometimes, make sure the battery is hooked up to a trickle charge to keep a constant voltage of at least 12.6 volts, just incase they tell you not to do this with maestro, its good practice.

bitskyline
04-26-2012, 08:48 PM
that is a clean engine bay.

AudiTFSI3o3
04-27-2012, 04:10 AM
can you not even read the ecu file to flash the eurodyne in? Does it even connect to ecu and try to start reading then fail? or nothing at all?

These A4's are finicky for some reason in my experience, some i have flashed flawlessly, some have just not worked at all, regardless of some tricks ive tried, had to take the ecu to the bench :/

unplugging the cluster helps sometimes, make sure the battery is hooked up to a trickle charge to keep a constant voltage of at least 12.6 volts, just incase they tell you not to do this with maestro, its good practice.

The power tap cable doesn't read at all. On the power tap cable itself there are 2 colored LEDs. One is green when connected to USB port of a PC and the other I believe is Red once it connects with the OBD port. I've only gotten the Green LED to light up once connected to the PC, but once it's connected to the OBD port, nothing. Tried to "Read ECU" and every time a message would pop up saying "Cannot Find Cable...Exiting" and the damn program would just close.

I've tried messing around with the COM Port Settings (as you would with VagCom) and still nothing. Funny thing, I plugged in my VagCom eBay cable and it seemed to work with Maestro but only for a bit. With the ebay cable plugged in, Maestro would read the cable but is "unable to find ID" compared to the power tap cable that "Cannot find cable" at all. My guess is theres something defective about the cable but have heard horror stories about Eurodyne basically making you pay for a new cable if needed one.

My other option is maybe Maestro won't run with Windows 7 and only the older versions so I will be installing Windows XP later today to let you guys know. ATM I have Windows 7 and even installed .NET Framework as required in the manual. nothing. we'll see

AudiTFSI3o3
04-27-2012, 04:11 AM
that is a clean engine bay.

haha really? I hate not running the engine and right side covers due to the catch can. would look cleaner :D

ericpaulyoung
04-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Shit dude, why you still up at 3:11 am! It sounds like you got a faulty cable, but they should definitely cover this. Did they ever respond to you yet? I have heard many stories on the vortex about it taking WAY TOO LONG for him to respond, and usually it is with the excuse that he is busy. But if he is too busy to properly support his product, he shouldn't sell that many.
- Eric

AudiTFSI3o3
04-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Shit dude, why you still up at 3:11 am! It sounds like you got a faulty cable, but they should definitely cover this. Did they ever respond to you yet? I have heard many stories on the vortex about it taking WAY TOO LONG for him to respond, and usually it is with the excuse that he is busy. But if he is too busy to properly support his product, he shouldn't sell that many.
- Eric

haha I was actually up at 4:11 to take the gf to the airport haha. figured while i wait to check the Zine

Operator
04-27-2012, 07:12 AM
It'll probably be Monday, before I can let you know how my experience goes. I'll keep you informed. But my guess is you'll have it figured out before then.

rarak69
04-27-2012, 07:32 AM
The power tap cable doesn't read at all. On the power tap cable itself there are 2 colored LEDs. One is green when connected to USB port of a PC and the other I believe is Red once it connects with the OBD port. I've only gotten the Green LED to light up once connected to the PC, but once it's connected to the OBD port, nothing. Tried to "Read ECU" and every time a message would pop up saying "Cannot Find Cable...Exiting" and the damn program would just close.

I've tried messing around with the COM Port Settings (as you would with VagCom) and still nothing. Funny thing, I plugged in my VagCom eBay cable and it seemed to work with Maestro but only for a bit. With the ebay cable plugged in, Maestro would read the cable but is "unable to find ID" compared to the power tap cable that "Cannot find cable" at all. My guess is theres something defective about the cable but have heard horror stories about Eurodyne basically making you pay for a new cable if needed one.

My other option is maybe Maestro won't run with Windows 7 and only the older versions so I will be installing Windows XP later today to let you guys know. ATM I have Windows 7 and even installed .NET Framework as required in the manual. nothing. we'll see

does tapp cable show up in device manager? make sure you run maestro as administrator too(win7) If its net framework it should be win7 compatible, if its 3.5 or above i dont have issues here at work with either or(32 or 64bit)

not sure what else, if you really need to get this done, PM me i can remote desktop with you and take a look, ive got a ton of experience with this stuff

seal66
04-27-2012, 08:50 AM
I know it's stupi and your have probably tried it, but have you tried with the car in the acc key position and then with the car running? Maybe your obd2 is for
Some reason not receive enough voltage

AudiTFSI3o3
04-27-2012, 10:05 AM
does tapp cable show up in device manager? make sure you run maestro as administrator too(win7) If its net framework it should be win7 compatible, if its 3.5 or above i dont have issues here at work with either or(32 or 64bit)

not sure what else, if you really need to get this done, PM me i can remote desktop with you and take a look, ive got a ton of experience with this stuff

yeah it shows up in the device manager. that's the only way I could change the COM port settings. I've tried running it as Admin and the compatibility is enabled. the cable just wasn't reading. I'll let you know by later today man thanks a lot for the offer!

I know it's stupi and your have probably tried it, but have you tried with the car in the acc key position and then with the car running? Maybe your obd2 is for
Some reason not receive enough voltage

Seth, I've tried both ACC modes as well with the ignition on. The instructions from Eurodyne call for the ignition to be on in order for the cable to read. still nothing

gtsingh91
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM
is the car battery hooked up to the charging caddy?

AudiTFSI3o3
04-27-2012, 12:35 PM
is the car battery hooked up to the charging caddy?

no, is it necessary? the ignition will be on so I don't think there would be a problem with voltage

AudiTFSI3o3
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
alright guys. Downloaded Vista and again re installed Maestro/Eurodyne and what do you know the cable cannot be found again [headbang]. Downloaded all updated drivers, .NET framework, etc. with no success. Eurodyne seems to go to shit when it comes to communicating through email so tomorrow I'm giving them a call. I really think I have a faulty cable now and they best not charge me for a new cable. this is seriously frustrating the shit outta me!

on another note I wonder if my engine code BWT has anything to do with it. If you guys check on the Eurodyne site, Maestro/Powertap says it supports all Audi models BPY codes. I asked them before I purchased if BWT would work and they said yes so lets see.

Operator
04-29-2012, 03:16 PM
I get my car back tomorrow we'll see how XP goes.

drumnjuny
04-29-2012, 04:01 PM
i was going to suggest using an install of XP and testing it out. vista was never touted for its stability, that's for sure...

Operator
04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
PM me your contact info. Thanks

AudiTFSI3o3
04-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Called Eurodyne today and not too much new info, just an interesting experience. Spoke to some guy (never got his name) and told him about my situation as well as why they haven't been replying to my emails. Instead of helping my out right then and there on the phone, he insisted that I re-email him my problem. WTF? he couldn't even help me out on the spot. instead he had me email him exactly what I told him on the phone. Well, seems like I'll be waiting another week or so to hear back from them. I might stop by Apikol.

AudiTFSI3o3
05-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Pretty good news guys. After re-emailing Eurodyne they were able to help me diagnose everything and it all went smoothly. Cable works fine now.

Dave, I'm now getting what you ran into since we last spoke about on the phone. I can't get a full ECU read because of my existing APR flash. I sent Chris all my ECU information so hopefully by tomorrow he can let me know how override APR or something so I can get this thing cracking. I've never been so excited to get this shit rolling haha.

All that's left is contacting Ray for a base file and we're good to go.

Operator
05-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Dude, I've been waiting since the day we talked for Eurodyne to get me the file........ Customer Support up to this point isn't the greatest.....

rkesh88
05-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Damn i thought getting al the files together would be the easiest pieces, audi303 did it matter what windows version you were running to get it to wrk now? Im home after getting my wisdom teeth out and feel like squandering money, i just wanna know that the tune/files situation is all set up as i have APR as well.

AudiTFSI3o3
05-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Damn i thought getting al the files together would be the easiest pieces, audi303 did it matter what windows version you were running to get it to wrk now? Im home after getting my wisdom teeth out and feel like squandering money, i just wanna know that the tune/files situation is all set up as i have APR as well.

I don't think the version matters at this point since Operator is running XP (i believe) and I'm running Vista. If you run into cable reading problems Eurodyne will send you a program to configure your cable and you should be good to go.

Dude, I've been waiting since the day we talked for Eurodyne to get me the file........ Customer Support up to this point isn't the greatest.....

In all honesty, Eurodyne's customer service is shit. For a company that's known for their own work especially with Maestro they should at least back their products 100%. not half assed and only whenever they're free you know?

BTW theres an update for the program that came out yesterday did you update?