PDA

View Full Version : Valley Cruise, Bunker's, BBQ, and ALMS at Mid-Ohio 5/21-22

CyberPMG
05-03-2005, 09:32 PM
This is gonna be a big month for some Audi/VW action! Please indicate if you plan on attending any of these events.

Cuyahoga Valley Cruise

When: Saturday, May 21st @ 10:30am - leave at 10:45am
Where: Parking lot of Grinder's (corner of Hudson Drive and Steels Corner Road - Just East of Route 8 in Stow)
What:

This will be a 56+ mile cruise through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Spring should be in full effect, so there should be some good scenery as well as some good roads to drive. Its fun for both the driver and any passengers. There will be a small break mid-way through the cruise. The crusie will end at Bunker's in time for our monthly GTG. Please bring along a FRS radio to be advised of road conditions, traffic, cops, animals, etc.

Bunker's

When: Saturday, May 21st @ 1pm
Where: Direction here (http://audiclubna.org/chapters/ohio/bunker.html)
What: Our monthly GTG for food, drink, and whatnot. Photoshoots, Texas Hold 'Em, etc. have been known to happen afterwards.

BBQ

When: Saturday, May 21st @ 6pm
Where: My place in Stow (indicate if you're going, and I'll send you directions)
What:

Time to get the grill going for the season! I'm supplying soft drinks, plates, napkins, and utensils along with some side items. To keep this cost effective, you bring along what you want grilled and maybe something to share with others. In the event of bad weather, I can still BBQ and just have everyone inside.

If you want to do mods, that's OK. If you want to just chill out, that's OK too! Feel free to bring significant others along for food and fun.

ALMS / SPEED World Challenge Touring Car at Mid-Ohio

When: Sunday, May 22nd @ 7:30am (yes, it's early!)
Where: Grinder's parking lot to meet, then cruise down to Mid-Ohio
What:

This will be race day for ALMS (American LeMans Series) and the SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Series. Audi has 2 R8 entries in ALMS and will be the last race before they head over to Europe to compete in the 24 hour LeMans endurance race. There are Audis and VWs that will be competing against BMWs, Acuras, and others in the Touring Car race.

We will meet at Grinder's parking lot at 7:30am and leave at 7:45am. We'll then drive down to Mid-Ohio for the race (should take about an hour to get there and park). The SPEED World Challenge Touring Car race begins at 9:20am. The ALMS race will begin at noon.

For those who have Audis, take them on the trip to Mid-Ohio and get special infield parking for free! The Ohio Valley Chapter of the Audi Club will have an Audi Corral which is a roped off section for Audi owners to park. You'll need to stop at the Will-Call office (not at the main gate) to get your parking pass - mention the Audi Corral and the Audi Club. There will also be a hospitality tent there to offer refreshments and snacks plus shaded seating if you need a break from the sun.

To save some $$$, go online and order your general admission ticket before May 18th. After the 18th, you can only buy the tickets at the gate ($35 for general Sunday admission). You can go here for tickets: Mid-Ohio ALMS Tickets (http://www.midohio.com/products.asp?cat=12)

blacka4
05-04-2005, 05:24 PM
damnit paul..why couldn't you post this like a week earlier..I would be there. but I am having a bbq that day

CyberPMG
05-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Sorry Rob! I'll have other cruises and GTGs later in the year too. [;)]

CyberPMG
05-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Bump - reminder that this is happening next weekend.

BTW, I've just found out that the A4 that's been used in the current SCR (Sports Car Revolution) show on SPEED TV will be raced by Fred Baker in the SPEED World Challenge Touring Car competition before the ALMS race.

CyberPMG
05-17-2005, 01:04 PM
The action starts this Saturday! Don't be left out! [:D]

TheLuce
05-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a good time. We'll probably show up for the cruise and bunkers but we'll miss the ALMS race. [:(]

Btw, I don't have a FRS radio. I was going to pick one up but ran out of $$.

CyberPMG
05-17-2005, 08:53 PM
I'll ask some friends to bring some extras if they have some.