PDA

View Full Version : Replica RS4 bumper install help

BumbleBeast
02-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, I recently had a small accident and my stock S4 bumper was trashed so I got rid of it and found a replica RS4 bumper on the forum. I bought it and had it painted already. Also I cut and painted my own mesh from Home Depot and used construction polyurethane to mold it to the bumper inserts. It came out looking good.

Now to the hard part which I am stuck at currently...
I fitted the bumper onto the bumper beam and it fits just right...but I need to figure out a way to mount the sides where it meets the fender?
I could not use the mounts from the old bumper because they are in the way so I had to remove those.

Do you guys have any input or suggestions on how to mount the replica bumper onto the body and fenders?

Any advice is appreciated, I just want to get this thing on and make it look right!!

Thanks

BumbleBeast
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
bump..??

calundeen
08-05-2012, 08:43 AM
i have rep rs4 bumper also. Its very hokey how its held on....In my case the factory alluminum bar stay their and is not attached to the new bumper cover. Silde it over and two bolt hold it on that go through the license plate frame. Two hold it to the fenders its 1 tiny screw on each side that from the bumper up into the fender... bumper fits great