PDA

View Full Version : A4 2.0t 6 spd issues....resolution??

njlakeshoreg
12-01-2011, 09:40 PM
hey guys, sorry if this is posted in the wrong area, but i been lurking around for a few months and foudn the site extremely useful.

but what i did not find too much info on was replacing the trannies in these cars...i am running a bigger turbo with a stage 4 clutch, and the trans is holding up pretty good now, but would love to get a stronger trans, i know the S4 tranny is strong as hell...would there be a way to get that swap done within reason? or is rebuilding my trans stronger when its time to do so the only way out??

side note--this is my first 4 cylendar and my first Audi....

thanks in advance!!![wrench]

JohnBarleyCorn
08-31-2012, 10:08 AM
I believe what you're talking about is the older 01E box. I know advanced automation sells remanned/upgraded Audi boxes and everyone I've heard from is super happy with their work.

Norm209326
09-20-2012, 07:04 AM
I don't think the s4 tranny is an option as the s4 had a v8 and aligned differently in the engine bay. Due to the v8 I think the tranny gets mounted behind the engine (as opposed to next to the engine in the i4).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

JohnBarleyCorn
09-27-2012, 08:26 AM
The UrS4 (early-mid 90's) is probably what you're talking about. And I've heard nothing but praise for advanced automotion. They're not cheap but way cheaper than replacing a trans 2-3 times. Plus peace of mind is worth a lot.

Slowhiteaudi
10-17-2012, 04:30 PM
The UrS4 (early-mid 90's) is probably what you're talking about. And I've heard nothing but praise for advanced automotion. They're not cheap but way cheaper than replacing a trans 2-3 times. Plus peace of mind is worth a lot. I fully agree!!!!