PDA

View Full Version : Vancouverites; What website do you use to sell used cars?

A4A4A4
09-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Well I'm starting to peek my head into the used car market, thinking about jumping to something with a little more power (S4, RS4, C63, etc...) and I know there's a huge market right next door in Vancouver, but for the life of me I can't seem to find a good place to start.

In Alberta it seems that almost everyone looking to unload a car will put it on Kijiji first and foremost. In Victoria I think the majority use usedvictoria.com. Neither of these seem to get all that many hits in the GVRD though. Autotrader sort of has a sparing of cars across the nation but no real concentration. Craigslist has a decent number but not nearly as many as you'd expect.

So that brings me to the question, what the hell do you guys use to list cars in Vancouver? I feel like I have to be missing something key or else everything is just (unfortunately) spread out through a pile of different websites. Anyways, hopefully you guys can lend a hand.

Thanks in advance,
Cam

Un1k
09-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Craigslist.com and Buysell.com are good sites

A4A4A4
09-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Appreciate the help, sounds like it's a bit spread out through different sites than, eh?

Audi4.2
09-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Craigslist and Kijiji are the ones I bought cars from, also checking the newspaper might help you out aswell, but those cars are rare and not a lot of people who have them are looking to sell. Also just go on Google and type the car you want with the location and some should POP up, good luck.

A4A4A4
09-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Craigslist and Kijiji are the ones I bought cars from, also checking the newspaper might help you out aswell, but those cars are rare and not a lot of people who have them are looking to sell. Also just go on Google and type the car you want with the location and some should POP up, good luck.

Sounds like this looking is going to be harder than I thought. There's definitely a bigger spread in websites used, for example, Kijiji only has 10000 cars listed in BC (a province of 4.5 mil), as oppose AB which has 30000 listed (3.7 mil population).

Appreciate the help though guys.

Calbee
09-03-2011, 01:28 AM
i would say craigslist or autotrader

Chestlock
09-13-2011, 11:01 PM
I'd say a CPO at a dealership for something expensive to maintain.....