PDA

View Full Version : Defending "Z" Germans

A8inPA
02-15-2005, 08:46 PM
hey guys,

i was surfing over at edmunds.com and i came across a thread
in their forums "high end luxury makes". the posters were basically bashing the Germans and bragging about how great Lexus is. i posted and in defense of the German brands and the FIRESTORM began. if any of you guys would like to jump in i sure could use some help!!!![race]

Imperial
02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Lexus? Please. Completely unoriginal in pretty much everything they do and regardless of how much leather and wood trim they throw in the car, it just doesn't have that gravitas. There's no soul there.

Of course, that's just my opinion [:)]

foofighter
02-15-2005, 09:38 PM
give us the link we'll jump in and dogpile!!!

A8inPA
02-16-2005, 06:17 AM
good morning guys,

Edmunds.com.
once their click on Forums.
on that page a link will be highlighted
"High end luxury Marques"
there are a bunch of pages.
you should be directed to the most recent.
I've been battling for about 4 days now so
you can follow the dates.
my screen name is denaliinpa.
thanks
[az]

badmyan
02-16-2005, 06:18 PM
I tend to agree that German cars are not well made. My A8 has been the best Audi reliability wise that I've owned. But I've still got problems with it and it's booked in for service as a result.

DRA4
02-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Lexus, hahahah, please, most boring car ever.

Quattrocket
03-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Man, I build lexuses, and they SUCK!! AUDI FOR EVER!!!! im gonna get fired

A8inPA
03-03-2005, 07:44 PM
do you really build them?

TheBlueMartin
03-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Imperial
Lexus? Please. Completely unoriginal in pretty much everything they do and regardless of how much leather and wood trim they throw in the car, it just doesn't have that gravitas. There's no soul there.

Of course, that's just my opinion [:)]

Well, Im in the market for a used SC300 now!! Im thinking get it cheep, drop in an 650hp Supra SZ motor modded heavily, and we'll see how the 4.2 compares!!

Imperial
03-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by TheBlueMartin
Well, Im in the market for a used SC300 now!! Im thinking get it cheep, drop in an 650hp Supra SZ motor modded heavily, and we'll see how the 4.2 compares!!

Oh I'm sure it'll blow the 4.2 outta the water, there's no doubting that. I never knocked their motors or anything. They've got some impressive technology, but there's more to cars than just that. It's the overall package that I find boring with Lexus.

Quattrocket
03-05-2005, 06:56 PM
yeah, i build the Lexus RX330, ive driven them in the lot before and am not impressed. its slow, ugly and rides like a boat. and on top of it all, its drasticly over-priced. You'd have to be retarded to pay 60 grand for a Toyota, because thats all it is. Same quality, same work, same parts, just more toys and better seats. All-in-all its too similar to the highlander, its toyota counter-part.

badmyan
03-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Intresting point of view considering an Audi's just a VW with a few more toys.

Originally posted by Quattrocket
yeah, i build the Lexus RX330, ive driven them in the lot before and am not impressed. its slow, ugly and rides like a boat. and on top of it all, its drasticly over-priced. You'd have to be retarded to pay 60 grand for a Toyota, because thats all it is. Same quality, same work, same parts, just more toys and better seats. All-in-all its too similar to the highlander, its toyota counter-part.

RomanA6
03-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by badmyan
Intresting point of view considering an Audi's just a VW with a few more toys.

yes, but I would rather drive a Volkswagen then a Toyota

I own 2 German made cars right now
Mercedes Benz ML320, its a 1998, SUV and a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T Quatro

I love both of them, and only problem I had with Benz is the most common one - squeaky suspension in the back, and power driver's window switch failure; the squeaky shocks/struts does not effect perfomance as I was told by a dealer, and power window switch was originaly bad made, they fixed it on the following models

so, only other thing I had to do with Mercedes is get new tires; nothing has gone wrong on the Audi so far, except for one of fog lights in front not working

I love euqally Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar; up to the point untill Ford got a huge stake in 3 of those companies; some of my most favorite cars is mid 90's BMW's and Mercedes S-class, and 1998-2005 Audi's

I get to drive a few cars all the time, and I can tell you that German cars ride different, are more powerfull, are easier to operate then Japanese cars

I still like the idea of Honda S2000, or Skyline, or 3000 GT VR4, or a Twin Turbo supra, but I have a special place within myself for German cars, especialy since I'm originaly from Russia :)