PDA

View Full Version : Not the way of doing business

Boston1.8t
02-06-2005, 09:32 AM
ProtoColD, a member on here who sells oem HID kid agrees to sell me his oem B6 ecodse bi-xenon headlight for 650+ shipping. I PM him and said I will paypal him the next morning and he reply "Will wait for the payment, thanks!"
This morning, I receive Pm from him telling me that he already sold it to someone else who is local to him. I guess there is no trust for someone like this.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36117
[mad]

Awadd9
02-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Boston1.8t
ProtoColD, a member on here who sells oem HID kid agrees to sell me his oem B6 ecodse bi-xenon headlight for 650+ shipping. I PM him and said I will paypal him the next morning and he reply "Will wait for the payment, thanks!"
This morning, I receive Pm from him telling me that he already sold it to someone else who is local to him. I guess there is no trust for someone like this.

[mad]

It seems this is happening more and more often. Once a pay pal payment is started, the seller can see the transaction in proccess.

While difficult to oversee, perhaps AZ and the moderators should create a policy or code of conduct on this, especially for the more formal re-sellers that are doing business on a regular basis.

Maybe they already have. I will look at the guidelines.

It is one thing if he mis-calculated his inventory, it is another if he or she sold out from under you the item that you agreed upon.

Andrew

lawong
02-06-2005, 10:11 AM
I am one for agreeing with ProtocolID here. If you never sent any payment or deposit or anything, how can he be assured that you are going to make good on your payment? Even though it is one day delay, its all about business. As a seller, if I have someone who can pay me now now vs. someone who is might pay me tomorrow, guess who I'm going to do business with.

JoJo
02-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by lawong
I am one for agreeing with ProtocolID here. If you never sent any payment or deposit or anything, how can he be assured that you are going to make good on your payment? Even though it is one day delay, its all about business. As a seller, if I have someone who can pay me now now vs. someone who is might pay me tomorrow, guess who I'm going to do business with.

well, he didi say "Will wait for the payment, thanks!" which is a different beast entirely.

nevertheless.....this should be in the buyers/sellers forum.

zemun2
02-06-2005, 10:26 AM
I say, lets give ProtoColD a chance to respond and them we'll go from there.

nadroj81
02-06-2005, 10:33 AM
zemun, hit me up on aim.

500HPS5
02-06-2005, 10:44 AM
What kept you from paying him immediatly? In the world of sales...you snooze you lose.

Boston1.8t
02-06-2005, 10:49 AM
wasnt in town from Sat night till Sun morning

FINA4
02-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Buyer & Seller Feedback forum would be a correct place for this...

OverSpun
02-06-2005, 01:37 PM
eh, selling local is always an advantage. i hate to tell you, but thats just the way it is. b6quattro is right, you snooze you lose. its so much easier to not have to ship things, i'd take a local buyer over shipping something any day.

bigshrimpin
02-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by b6quattro
What kept you from paying him immediatly? In the world of sales...you snooze you lose.

werd

A4Tuuuurbo
02-06-2005, 02:12 PM
i deal with overboost for my HIDS and i own a custom audio/video shop here in central jersey!

talk to Gorge (overboostpsi i believe it is)
tell him bobby from dtc sent ya.. he'll hook you up..

Bobby
DTC Designs

DDR2
02-06-2005, 02:21 PM
probably the courteous thing to do was to notify you that he had a local buyer that'd he'd prefer to make the sale to due to logistics etc rather than just leavin you hangin like that. similar thing happneed to me but the seller did notify me that he had a local buyer interested. you snooze you do lose but it wouldn't have hurt to tell you he had another preferred buyer in mind. it shoudl be simply common courtesy.

AlcatrazT2
02-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah, that totally sucks man. My friend had the same happen to him when he was buying a car! and he sent 8k. Ugh!

trovan
02-06-2005, 07:05 PM
i have tried to buy and sell many items on various forums. there is so much cancellation of committed sales which makes "payment" the only valid way to hold anything. i know you are upset, but i just don't think there is anything truly wrong except for it "sucks".

hope you find your lights.

lawong
02-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Boston1.8T-

I would be cautious about calling people out on the boards noting them as bad sellers as you too have been guilty of the same.

Two years ago I won something on ebay (S4 brakes) for a (~$100) and you never honored the price claiming that you were skeptical of using paypal for online transactions.

I emailed you several times and you never responded to my requests. This was exactly 2 years ago and I gave up trying to contact you after two weeks of non responses.

trovan
02-07-2005, 02:50 PM
[headbang]

ProtoColD
02-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Sorry I didnt see this message until now guys. I have already put in my reply in this thread:

I wish the sales could go through. I am sorry.

There are just way too many people saying they would comit to buy things but end up disappeared every single day.

And based on the fact that if you can send me an email saying you would pay me tomorrow, You could have taken the time to click on paypal and send the money. Out of town doesnt seems to be a valid point here. However, if you dont have enough funds, you could still send me some as deposit so I will know the deal are solid.

My decision was based solely on the fact someone showed up with cash vs someone that may disappeared tomorrow. I wish I would have notify you earlier but I dont have the time. The moment I know about this, the monent I notify you. If he didnt show up with the money, I would have waited.

Well again, good luck in your headlight purchase.

ProtoColD
02-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by socalaudi
Yeah, that totally sucks man. My friend had the same happen to him when he was buying a car! and he sent 8k. Ugh!

well at least your friend has sent 8k as deposit. I never receive anything.

quattroking
02-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by lawong
Boston1.8T-

I would be cautious about calling people out on the boards noting them as bad sellers as you too have been guilty of the same.

Two years ago I won something on ebay (S4 brakes) for a (~$100) and you never honored the price claiming that you were skeptical of using paypal for online transactions.

I emailed you several times and you never responded to my requests. This was exactly 2 years ago and I gave up trying to contact you after two weeks of non responses.

lawong,

How would you know Boston 1.8T e-mail is the same person as the seller u deal with 2 years ago, and I know him in person, he doesn't even have a S4 brakes on his car. Well, nice story u've created to defense ProtoColD

Boston1.8t
02-28-2005, 07:19 PM
wtf you talking about Lawong?

I dont even have S4 brake and I'm looking for a set right now.
How would I put that on ebay for sale two years ago.

Please make sure you got the right person..idiot