PDA

View Full Version : RNS-E trouble

2.0tsline
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Hey,

I bought and OEM RNS-E nav unit from europe and a 2009-10 nav disc to put in my 2006 Audi A4 in america. When i went to my dealership to get it installed they went to put the nav disc in and the rnse did not read the cd and it wouldnt let them eject the cd back out of the system and now the cd is stuck in the system. The dealership said i can send it back to the manufacturer to get fixed but that will take a while. is there anything anyone can tell me on what to do to get this fixed? thankyou

Jon

UberDave
04-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey,

I bought and OEM RNS-E nav unit from europe and a 2009-10 nav disc to put in my 2006 Audi A4 in america. When i went to my dealership to get it installed they went to put the nav disc in and the rnse did not read the cd and it wouldnt let them eject the cd back out of the system and now the cd is stuck in the system. The dealership said i can send it back to the manufacturer to get fixed but that will take a while. is there anything anyone can tell me on what to do to get this fixed? thankyou

Jon

Honestly, you need to get in touch with the seller and tell him you need him to replace the unit. I've seen posts from guys who took the unit apart and fixed things, but if your DVD drive is bad who knows what else is wrong with it. Hopefully you bought from a good seller who will work with you. Good luck!

2.0tsline
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Well i dk if it is the system now, because most people i have talked to are say that the american cd isnt compatiple to a the european nav system. and i dk where i would get a cd to fit.

00s4slvr
04-22-2010, 07:31 AM
you need to convert the rns-e to us mode. I have a euro rns-e that i converted and am using an oem 09-10 navteq navdisc!

2.0tsline
04-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Oh really, How? If you could please tell me how to do that, that would be great. Thankyou

UberDave
04-26-2010, 08:40 AM
If the DVD won't eject you have a bigger problem than converting it to US specs...

OEMplus.com
04-27-2010, 10:35 AM
x2 - What Dave said...