PDA

View Full Version : PES G4 S/C - S4/RS4/R8 - Group Buy

KryptoniK
02-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let whoever that might be interested in PES S/C kit for their S4/RS4/R8 that KMD Tuning is doing a group buy. They're offering a discounted price on the kit and on installation labor.

QUANTITY | DISCOUNT ON KIT | LABOR RATE DISCOUNT

1-5 Kits 5% 10%

5-10 Kits 10% 15%

10+ Kits 15% 20%

They list all of the details and are able to sign up to the list on their site: http://www.kmdtuning.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1844

RS4POWER
02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Richi posted the same earlier....

I am interested in your thoughts/impressions of the set-up.

KryptoniK
02-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Richi posted the same earlier....

I am interested in your thoughts/impressions of the set-up.

Oh sorry didn't realize that.... he didnt mention anything about a group buy in that post, thought it was a random link and didnt click on it.

Well my impressions on the kit are that it's amazing, well built, clean... feels safe and reliable. Def. made a good increase in power. Of course this could all just be "placebo" according to some people on here, so I'll also have real world results posted up shortly for everyone to decide for themselves if they think the kit is for them or not.

I've driven the car about 1,500 miles now in mixed scenarios and driving hard. When you're not WOT and just cruising around, the car feels very much like stock, the transition from no boost to full boost is very smooth and seamless. Once you go WOT it's a whole other animal. Not one single problem so far.

*DISCLAIMER: I am not a paid advocate from PES, KMD Tuning, Eaton Superchargers. All of my opinions and feedback on the kit are genuine and true from my perspective with no influence from any company.*

RS4POWER
02-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Oh sorry didn't realize that.... he didnt mention anything about a group buy in that post, thought it was a random link and didnt click on it.

Well my impressions on the kit are that it's amazing, well built, clean... feels safe and reliable. Def. made a good increase in power. Of course this could all just be "placebo" according to some people on here, so I'll also have real world results posted up shortly for everyone to decide for themselves if they think the kit is for them or not.

I've driven the car about 1,500 miles now in mixed scenarios and driving hard. When you're not WOT and just cruising around, the car feels very much like stock, the transition from no boost to full boost is very smooth and seamless. Once you go WOT it's a whole other animal. Not one single problem so far.

*DISCLAIMER: I am not a paid advocate from PES, KMD Tuning, Eaton Superchargers. All of my opinions and feedback on the kit are genuine and true from my perspective with no influence from any company.*

Dave- Judging from what I have seen on Matt's video there is absolutely no doubt the car is making more power. How much is contributed to clean valves, colder temps and S/C etc...all remains to be seen. I am sure your car is loving these sub 30 temps and it must climb up the speedo with no effort.
You mentioned you were going to the track one of these days or has it happened already. I am sure you're curious to get some solid results and compare them with the later warmer months.

KryptoniK
02-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Dave- Judging from what I have seen on Matt's video there is absolutely no doubt the car is making more power. How much is contributed to clean valves, colder temps and S/C etc...all remains to be seen. I am sure your car is loving these sub 30 temps and it must climb up the speedo with no effort.
You mentioned you were going to the track one of these days or has it happened already. I am sure your curious to get some solid results and compare them with the later warmer months.

Ah yea absolutely. I'm going to the track March 3rd. Temps should be about the same as when I ran at the end of last year with carbon deposits. I will most likely do a dyno & 1/4 mile run in the summer months with 80-90 deg temps and document the differences.

I am also going back on the same road course I was on in the fall of last year and see how the bump in low end torque/power makes a difference in that situation.

richib86
02-15-2010, 07:40 PM
I posted a group buy last week that AZ moved

RS4POWER
02-15-2010, 07:46 PM
They'll be here any minute... that train is never late...

BTW- either of you guys been to the track down in Millville. I can shoot up via ferry if you guys want to check it out some time.

KryptoniK
02-15-2010, 07:51 PM
They'll be here any minute... that train is never late...

BTW- either of you guys been to the track down in Millville. I can shoot up via ferry if you guys want to check it out some time.

That's exactly where I've been. Only track I've ever been to and love it. Been on the Lightning track at NJMP with my motorcycle and RS4.

This thread could get shut down are you serious? I'm letting the community know about a group buy that is going on elsewhere, not starting a group buy on this forum.

RS4POWER
02-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Nice, let me know when you're planning on heading over again. I could join you there.

KryptoniK
02-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Nice, let me know when you're planning on heading over again. I could join you there.

Absolutely will man! Looking at sometime in May possibly. I'll keep you posted.

sillyboy
02-15-2010, 08:08 PM
I'll be all over it. I'm impressed you've got 1500 miles on it already. Didn't you have an issue going WOT initially?? I've got an au pair driving around the new Treg so the RS4 will go back to being my almost daily driver. It will need to be pretty reliable and I'll have to find a good mechanic locally that can deal with any problems that come up.

I've got 58k miles on the car, so I'm wondering what the charge for cleaning out all the carbon buildup will be........I'm going to shoot off an email to the guys at KMD in the am.

KryptoniK
02-15-2010, 08:17 PM
I'll be all over it. I'm impressed you've got 1500 miles on it already. Didn't you have an issue going WOT initially?? I've got an au pair driving around the new Treg so the RS4 will go back to being my almost daily driver. It will need to be pretty reliable and I'll have to find a good mechanic locally that can deal with any problems that come up.

I've got 58k miles on the car, so I'm wondering what the charge for cleaning out all the carbon buildup will be........I'm going to shoot off an email to the guys at KMD in the am.

Yea I've been doing A LOT of driving lol. I dropped it off at PES today for them to resolve the WOT cut back from the open-air intake I installed. It only happens in 4th 5th and 6th from low RPMs, so I have been able to rip through 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 as long as I dont start from low RPMs where there is most engine load.

It seems that the kit puts a lot less stress on the motor than I thought... If you're not WOT, the s/c has a valve that allows most of the air to flow past s/c impellers and into the engine, which is why the car behaves like stock when you're just cruising or strolling through town. At this point the s/c doesn't use much HP from the motor since it's not creating boost. Once you go WOT is when the s/c goes into effect and starts building up boost.

richib86
02-15-2010, 08:24 PM
itll be shut down by tomorrow haha

KryptoniK
02-15-2010, 08:27 PM
itll be shut down by tomorrow haha

Can't imagine why...

SoCalS4Avant
02-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey guys, this will be moved to the group guy request section. If you would like to discuss, please send me a PM or email.

Per AZ Rules & Guidelines for Group Buys & Specials: All Group Buys and Specials must be posted by or run through an Official Audizine Advertiser. No exceptions.