PDA

View Full Version : Euro Plate!

Tony Thomasian
01-09-2010, 02:27 PM
So i just ordered a Euro plate for my B5 S4 last night, and i bought the mounting bracket too and i will be mounting it on the front center of the bumper like your supposed to, but any ideas on where i can mount the original plate? (besides on the dash). The cops have been pulling ppl over for not having front plates and if a cop does read my front plate, idk if they will laugh or get mad lol So if ther is any pics or ideas on where i can mount the other plate, please post it. thanks a lot. (I hope it wont look tooooo bad with the euro and original plate. Oh and i do not want to mount it onn top of or behind one or another)
Thanks a lot

Operator
01-10-2010, 08:14 AM
I believe a sponsor here sells the tow hook plate holder, though I'm not sure how clean that will look (having 2 plates).

jriddle11
01-10-2010, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't run two plates. If they are being a stickler for having your front plate then I would just put it on or buy a motorized hide away plate that only comes up when you need it.

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=3922

Undisputed
01-10-2010, 10:17 AM
^ I agree. 1 plate on the front is bad enough. I'm in Cali and I run a euro plate on the front. The only time I ever had an issue is when I got a parking ticket. They also gave me a plate ticket. Other than that, no problems.

Tony Thomasian
01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
yea, having two plates would look awful. maybe i will just put my plate on the dash and just bolt on the euro plate to the bumper..

Undisputed
01-10-2010, 01:03 PM
You may want to check and see if your law says that the plate has to be visible. If it's sitting on the dash, a cop isn't going to be able to look in the rearview mirror and see it so it's pointless to put it up there anyway. Isn't the front plate a fix it ticket anyway? If it is, then you may want to look into those rare earth magnets or something that you can use to easily re-attach the normal plate when you need to.
That way if you get a ticket, you can put the normal plate back on and get it signed off.

DownhillA4
01-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't run two plates. If they are being a stickler for having your front plate then I would just put it on or buy a motorized hide away plate that only comes up when you need it.

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=3922

I'm running a Swift. It's a nice feature to have, but not woth $60.

myb5quattro
01-14-2010, 07:48 PM

Very true, and I think if you were to buy one of those, might as well get the motorized one. That way there you can run it in "stealth" mode, then if you ever get in trouble switch it back and say it malfunctioned, or claim it was there all along haha

h4robkr123
01-16-2010, 01:44 PM
I took two L-brackets and bent them so my euro plate is mounted directly under my state plate. You use the bolts in the back of the US plate mount to attach the custom brackets under. Personally I like the way it came out, it looks quite clean.

Sandeman
01-21-2010, 11:04 AM

damn straight... if u have the tools readily available, u can make one for less than 30 with metals vs. the platic

Mantvis
01-24-2010, 12:28 AM
damn straight... if u have the tools readily available, u can make one for less than 30 with metals vs. the platic

how?? I would love to know :D

allroadstomtl
01-24-2010, 07:27 PM
I too have a Euro plate but I neglected to purchase the bracket. Where can I get one or does someone have an extra.

Sandeman
02-11-2010, 10:44 AM
how?? I would love to know :D

when i have the time, ill develop and do a write up for all the DIY whores [:D]

blackhat
02-17-2010, 12:57 PM
i wanna rock a euro plate too.. i donno maybe one day ill get one, but the way i look at it is.. im paying money.. to get a ticket.. :/