PDA

View Full Version : B6 Cab Headlight help

EMPANI
09-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Here's my story. I have on 06' B6 Cab with factory zenons. I changed the bulbs to the 10K and I love the look. My headlights are tarnished. I have used every product on the shelf to polish the headlights, but have realized some of the dried humidity slightly fogged the lenses from the inside. I wanted to know if OE non-HID headlight will accept my factory HID balast and bulbs and if this job should be simple assuming the headlights are out of the car. I found these on e-bay, but would like to do this correctly. If any one knows of any othe options, please submit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220480609876&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=33710

eMacPaul
09-15-2009, 10:12 PM
You might be able to fit it, but the HIDs are designed to use a projector lens, whereas the halogen use a reflector, so the beam pattern will be wrong, and might blind all oncoming traffic.

I would recommend instead of replacing your housings, take them out, open them up, and use the polishing stuff on the inside.

EMPANI
09-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Thank you for the reply. I have the option to have a local customizingf ship open them up paint inner housings, polish lenses and install leds in surrounds. The cost is considerable but it should look aggressive. I'll keep you posted.