PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest in a GB for Vogland Coilovers?



Smitty2A4
05-18-2009, 10:24 AM
I am currently looking to purchase a set of Coilovers, either Stasis SS or Vogtland, but I am leaning towards the latter due to ease of adjustment and better handling. I know that both PureMS and Speed Life Motorsports carry them for $1,200 and after shipping they are both around $1,250.


http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=149

http://speedlifemotorsport.com/vocosub6aua4.html


Would anyone else be interested in purchasing a set if they would so some type of discount? I am sure we could get PureMS to take some off if we got 5 or 10 people.

VSX72
05-18-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm looking at getting coilovers. The first deal I find on Stasis, PSS9 or Vogland I'm in. So if there is a worthy group buy discount on these you can count me in for sure!

Ruska
05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
I created a GB request thread for Vogtlands and nobody replied. Im looking for the GTs from startup racing. Im definitely down for a Vogtland GT GB

tdn
05-20-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm in, Vogtlands have always been my first choice, and because of this, I get tempted by other group buys but always back out. If we get a group buy going, with a decent discount I am in 100%. I am however, not looking to buy GT's..

Definitely get in touch with a few vendors.

Smitty2A4
05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Ok so then we have two definite people and one maybe...

1: Smitty2A4
2: tdn
3: VSX72 (Possibly)

Ruska is looking to buy the GT's, this GB would be for the normal ones sold in the links above, the GT's go for a lot more at around $1,500. I am looking for coilovers in the $1,000 to $1,200 range, again my top two choice being Vogtland with Stasis SS being a close second. I would prefer to go with the Vogtlands, but the Stasis generally run a bit cheaper and I have seen them sell for $895 with free shipping in past group buys, that is a hell of a deal for a CO that normally sells for around $1,150-$1,200 and I would not be able to pass something like that up should it come along again. I am not expecting to get the Vogtlands for $900 bucks, but hopefully we can get a decent amount off and maybe free shipping thrown in, because shipping on these is usually around $50 so you have to factor that in as well.

VSX72
05-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I am in EXACTLY the same boat. I am waiting for a group buy on either Stasis, Vogland or PSS9, first one that I see with a pretty good deal I'm in!


Ok so then we have two definite people and one maybe...

1: Smitty2A4
2: tdn
3: VSX72 (Possibly)

Ruska is looking to buy the GT's, this GB would be for the normal ones sold in the links above, the GT's go for a lot more at around $1,500. I am looking for coilovers in the $1,000 to $1,200 range, again my top two choice being Vogtland with Stasis SS being a close second. I would prefer to go with the Vogtlands, but the Stasis generally run a bit cheaper and I have seen them sell for $895 with free shipping in past group buys, that is a hell of a deal for a CO that normally sells for around $1,150-$1,200 and I would not be able to pass something like that up should it come along again. I am not expecting to get the Vogtlands for $900 bucks, but hopefully we can get a decent amount off and maybe free shipping thrown in, because shipping on these is usually around $50 so you have to factor that in as well.

Ruska
05-20-2009, 07:17 PM
well depending on the GB price I might settle for the regular ones

tdn
05-20-2009, 08:11 PM
arguably, regular vogtlands + a good rear/set sways = vogtland gt's.

the only reason i'm not interested in gt's is because i've got hsport swaybars.. the gt's would be a waste for mostly street use.

Ruska
05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
^^ yeah thats what Ive been reading lately that you will probably only notice the difference on the track. I just installed an RS4 rear sway and it stiffened up my sport susp rather nicely.

Okay Im in!

Seerlah
05-21-2009, 09:31 AM
There is only one vendor whom sell these (Startup Racing). He had a GB a little while ago in the B5 S4 section, so he may be weary of having another so soon. But it never hurts to ask, maybe[confused].

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269065&highlight=vogtland

Edit: Whoops, I thought you guys were interested in the GT.

italian a4 1032
05-21-2009, 11:23 AM
smitty the price went up for the ss a few months ago so i dont think it will be possible to get them for 900
i found a company trying to sell a complete stasis package and the guy said he would sell the coils to me for 850 but idk how legit the company is, if your interested send me a pm and ill send you their email

Nikon44
05-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Same after doing some research these seem to be one of the more friendly sets. If the price is decent I will be in.

Sean

Mike@PureMS
05-21-2009, 02:07 PM
We'd be happy to help out, but as of now stock on these worldwide are a bit on the low side right now.
We have 1 kit in stock, Vogtland NA is out of stock. Vogtland Germany has 1 kit.
Realistically any GB wouldn't probably show up until August at the earliest (figure 4-6 weeks on the water), but possible even into September.

If you can wait that long let me know and we can certainly put something together.

Until then, we still have 1 kit in stock!

lsc2g
05-21-2009, 02:25 PM
i'd be down for a group buy for sure

Smitty2A4
05-21-2009, 02:50 PM
We'd be happy to help out, but as of now stock on these worldwide are a bit on the low side right now.
We have 1 kit in stock, Vogtland NA is out of stock. Vogtland Germany has 1 kit.
Realistically any GB wouldn't probably show up until August at the earliest (figure 4-6 weeks on the water), but possible even into September.

If you can wait that long let me know and we can certainly put something together.

Until then, we still have 1 kit in stock!

Wow really, you guys only have one kit left in stock and don't expect to be getting anymore in until the end of the summer? I may be buying a set of Stasis Street Sports that I found in the Classifieds, but if that doesn't go though then I will prob be willing to wait. I have plenty of other stuff I need to spend my money on (Brakes, Timing belt, ect.) until then haha.

Thanks alot for the info Mike!

tdn
05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey Mike, maybe we could get an even greater discount if we pay early? I'm patient, especially for the right price and right coilovers. I just hope a few others are as patient as I am or at least hope we can find a good amount of people interested in these in August/September.

So far we have 6 interested people, with 2-3 who seem committed.

EYE4SPEED
05-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Depends on discount... and if they have something for the Cab.

Blitzkrieg989
05-22-2009, 10:05 AM
We'd be happy to help out, but as of now stock on these worldwide are a bit on the low side right now.
We have 1 kit in stock, Vogtland NA is out of stock. Vogtland Germany has 1 kit.
Realistically any GB wouldn't probably show up until August at the earliest (figure 4-6 weeks on the water), but possible even into September.

If you can wait that long let me know and we can certainly put something together.

Until then, we still have 1 kit in stock!

I would deff be able to wait!

Nikon44
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Same I am willing to wait.

Sean

Smitty2A4
05-22-2009, 11:35 AM
This is good, we have 7 potential people now...

1: Smitty2A4
2: tdn
3: VSX72 (Possibly)
4: Ruska
5: Nikon44
6: lsc2g
7: Retard Riot
8:
9:
10:


I am willing to wait as well

mnkyA4
05-22-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm a possible depending on price.

Smitty2A4
05-22-2009, 06:23 PM
1: Smitty2A4
2: tdn
3: VSX72 (Possibly)
4: Ruska (Possibly)
5: Nikon44
6: lsc2g
7: Retard Riot
8: mnkyA4 (Possibly)
9: EYE4SPEED (Possibly)
10:

5 Definite and 4 Possible, pretty good for 4 days, I just hope the interest is still there when it comes time to do the GB a few mouths from now.

mnkyA4
05-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Maybe purems can take deposits from people so that way they can get a gauge of commited people.

tdn
05-26-2009, 06:11 PM
If anyone else is interested, speak up.. I'm not going to let this group buy request die, even with the possibility of a wait time. Hopefully the wait time might even work in our favor.

Mike@PureMS
05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Here's the deal..

If we can get 12 committed people, we can go ahead and knock the price down to $1000 + shipping.

Committed means -
1. You're willing to wait. The wait is currently unknown but could easily extend into August. It may be longer, I don't know yet.
2. Leave a $250 non refundable deposit. The deposit can be transferred to another individual should you find someone to take your spot.

If you guys are interested, let's start a tentative list to see if we have enough..

1.

tdn
05-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Mike, is it possible to guarantee you'll ship no later than August? If there's a chance it may extend further.. can we choose to get a refund, rather than having our money tied up for X amount of time? I don't mind the idea of giving a non refundable deposit for a specific amount of time, but I don't like doing so with the possibility I may not see the item for say 3+ unknown months because of something unexpected.

I am requesting this respectfully of course.

Smitty2A4
05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Mike I think that is a great price, I know for me I will be looking at $1,050 with shipping which is $200 off. I would be willing to put a deposit down, and I also have no problem waiting until August, realistically I prob should not be spending money on something like coilovers until that time anyway. But I am with tdn, it is tough to commit to something not knowing when it will happen for sure and with the possibly of it being pushed back. I mean I don't want to be installing coilovers in the fall right before winter, if that was the case I would wait until spring time. It may also be tough to get 10 more people interested once they hear the stipulations of the GB, I am sure that many will want them at this price, but not many will be willing to make the deposit nor wait.

Maybe Mike will know more in a few weeks from now and have a better idea of when this could happen. At that time I would be much more willing to make the deposit. Either way I def appreciate PureMS stepping up and offering a GB on this!

tdn
06-02-2009, 09:46 PM
This group buy isn't dead yet, I'm in contact with another Vendor who may be able to come through, so if anyone else is interested or has anything worth adding, feel free to post up.

Larson7.62
06-03-2009, 01:16 AM
I am definetely in for Stasis SS if the price is no more than 1000 shipped.

Nikon44
06-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Still looking forward to this group buy.

Sean

Ruska
06-03-2009, 11:16 PM
any word yet? I was hoping to have them installed before August

tdn
06-04-2009, 10:06 AM
as Mike at PureMS has mentioned and Jason at www.speedlifemotorsports.com has mentioned to me, suppliers don't have any or much in stock at the moment. So we're basically just waiting on the guys over at Vogtland. It seems all possible vendors will give us around the same wait time, of around a month.

As of now I'm just trying to get the best possible deal for us, in regards to not only price, but wait time, deposit conditions, minimum amount of people required to initiate the group buy etc...

Like I mentioned above, Mikes offer is tempting, but the possibility of having our (my) money away without a return for an unknown amount is turning me off, hopefully Mike responds again or maybe thats the best they can do. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated... I'm sure Smitty will do the same if he gets any info. And if anyone has other vendors or ideas, definitely post them.

Worst case scenario seems to be waiting a month or so, then doing the group buy outright (no deposit). Which isn't a problem for me at all, my only concern is that everyone else is cool with waiting a month, possibly two.

s4asylum
06-04-2009, 11:57 AM
hey guys definitely interested, Wait time blows tho, everyone is out of stock for the summer, are these manufacturers crazy??

2380S4
06-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I would be in for a set...... B5S4

Smitty2A4
06-04-2009, 04:32 PM
I am still on-board for this, I am willing to wait until the end of summer. I really don't have 1k to spend on coilovers right now anyway, I have to get my timing belt done first. I have not heard anything new however but if I do I will let everyone know!

trueno429
06-05-2009, 09:06 AM
im 70% down...the wait time is whats bothering me..i want to be lowered for the summer..we'll see how soon these vendors can say they can get the vogtlands..

inertia
06-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Let me just confirm this before commiting. Is there only one type of Vogtland coilover for the B6 A4 FWD? I have a '04 B6 3.0 FWD (Non-Quattro).

braker15
06-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Iam down if the price is right

inertia
06-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Seriously interested but want to confirm which set I can install on my car. Please let me know where we stand on this possible GB.

Syrus5o
06-12-2009, 03:51 PM
I need to be lowered for summer im down

tdn
06-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Hmmm, it doesn't seem this will happen until anyone gets word from Vogtland. I'm expecting this won't get underway until the End of July, August...

I haven't heard anything lately from potential vendors, but I'll email them right now..

done.

Smitty2A4
06-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Just to let you guys know I am still interested and willing to wait, I am honestly in no rush, when the GB can happen I am down. Even if it happens the end of the summer I don't really care, I will just install and enjoy them next spring. For me Vogtland's for 1k would be worth the wait. I could get Stasis Street Sports for like $1095 but I really think the Vogtlands will be a better CO and much easier to adjust.

tdn, let us know what you hear.

Nikon44
06-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Same here, I am willing to wait for these.

Sean

Mike@PureMS
06-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Guys,
Here's more details about the wait. No one has these kits in stock, because no one wants to pay for holding them in inventory. A order of 10-15kits would have to be assembled, which can take a few weeks. Then it has to get put on a boat which is another 4-6 weeks. Single kits are easy for us to get ahold of. Unfortunately we're just not going to get a deadline or anything until an order is placed, at which point the manufacturing/assembly process begins.

Hopefully that clears things up. If people are serious about wanting these at a discount, unfortunately it's just going to take some time.
If you need a kit now, they're still readily available.

2380S4
06-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I am in for this, but from Mike's post it seems we need to get an order going which means putting down a deposit to get things going? I am willing to do so if thats whats needed.

inertia
06-16-2009, 06:45 AM
I am interested. How much of a deposit do you need upfront?

greensto
06-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Interested as well. Looking to spend around $1100 or less including shipping [:)]

AudiA4_20T
06-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey guys I've installed a few sets of these for people, they are very high quality. I would recommend them to anyone for the price

inertia
06-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Bump.

Any new updates?

Mike@PureMS
06-22-2009, 11:17 AM
All set up!
http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292932

GO!