PDA

View Full Version : Q5 Suggestion!!

pcasso87
04-19-2009, 03:02 PM
My brother is about to buy a crossover, he mainly uses it for city driving though he will also use it to carry stuff for his restaurant, boxes of wine etc. he is between the GLK , the volvo xc-60 , and the Audi Q5. He is more convinced by the Q5 but we still want to have a second opinion. Q5 owners chime in please, the good ,the bad, the practical , fuel economy on the 3.2FSI. Its too bad we cant buy the 2.0TDI or the 3.0TDI here [headbang], that would be perfect for him as he is not looking for performance but he is looking for a small practical SUV that gives him back good fuel economy and has great luxury.

BTW it does snow sometimes here in rainsnowcouver plus my brother goes skiing up into the mountain so yes it will be driven in the winter.

gummi
04-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I say go for it! We're definitely lovin' ours!

Good: Smooth, comfy, good power, handles well, LED daytime lights, panoramic sunroof, and I like the fact that I haven't seen another one on the road yet.
Bad: kinda pricey vs. competition, probably on par w/ the GLK, but pricier than the Volvo for sure.

Fuel economy is decent for it's class I think.

I think his best bet is to go test drive and feel them out for himself, b/c only then can he decide what he likes best.

Good luck!

pcasso87
04-19-2009, 08:58 PM
I say go for it! We're definitely lovin' ours!

Good: Smooth, comfy, good power, handles well, LED daytime lights, panoramic sunroof, and I like the fact that I haven't seen another one on the road yet.
Bad: kinda pricey vs. competition, probably on par w/ the GLK, but pricier than the Volvo for sure.

Fuel economy is decent for it's class I think.

I think his best bet is to go test drive and feel them out for himself, b/c only then can he decide what he likes best.

Good luck!

Thanx for the tips, we test drove all of them and i have to say there is nothing like an audi, the smoothness and security it gives you is soo nice, plus its kinda sporty!! Hes going with the Q5 in meteor gray [drive] cheers and thanx for the advice.

gummi
04-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanx for the tips, we test drove all of them and i have to say there is nothing like an audi, the smoothness and security it gives you is soo nice, plus its kinda sporty!! Hes going with the Q5 in meteor gray [drive] cheers and thanx for the advice.

I definitely agree, the audi has that great blend of smoothness yet sporty feel that I didn't find in any of the others I tested. Tell him congrats on the purchase, and post pics! [race]

sakimano
04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
My brother is about to buy a crossover, he mainly uses it for city driving though he will also use it to carry stuff for his restaurant, boxes of wine etc. he is between the GLK , the volvo xc-60 , and the Audi Q5. He is more convinced by the Q5 but we still want to have a second opinion. Q5 owners chime in please, the good ,the bad, the practical , fuel economy on the 3.2FSI. Its too bad we cant buy the 2.0TDI or the 3.0TDI here [headbang], that would be perfect for him as he is not looking for performance but he is looking for a small practical SUV that gives him back good fuel economy and has great luxury.

BTW it does snow sometimes here in rainsnowcouver plus my brother goes skiing up into the mountain so yes it will be driven in the winter.

I'm in the same boat right now looking at the exact same vehicles, but I must say that the XC60 is a little small/wagonish ugly, and the GLK is awful looking...slab sided. It was designed by someone who only has a ruler. Good value in that car though, but I'd take a Q5 over those other two 10 times out of 10. I loved the Q5 and everything about it except the packaging/option pricing...to get NAV for example, you need the Premium car and it ends up being $55,000+tax!

Now with that being said, I'm probably not going to buy a Q5...I'm going to buy a Lexus RX400h. For me it's a better choice thanks to the reliability, size (just right...Q5 is a bit too small, especially in the back) and price. You can buy a 2008 (most recent hybrid) BRAND NEW for $9,000 off MSRP right now. $5000 from Lexus, $2000 from dealer and $2000 gov't green rebate (Ontario). That's a great vehicle for the money. Premium package (basically a very nicely equipped Q5) will cost you $45,000+tax. Q5/GLK/XC60 would be the same or more. Fuel efficiency is insane with the 400h too...I averaged about 10.5 l/100km (25mpg!) on a 1 hour trip through city/highway driving. My S4 would average about 19 on the same drive, and a Q5 would average about 20mpg based on my extensive test drives.

gummi
04-26-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm going to buy a Lexus RX400h.

I hope you (and/or your kids) won't have trouble finding it when getting of out school or in parking garages! [:D] j/k Sorry, couldn't help the commercial reference.

The Lexus RX is a nice car, and sounds like a great deal for what you're going to pay for it. I guess you have your S4 to get your Audi fix [:p]

btw, I'm averaging about ~25 mpg mixed city/highway commuting, and errr...less during canyon runs [drive]

sakimano
04-26-2009, 07:03 PM
I hope you (and/or your kids) won't have trouble finding it when getting of out school or in parking garages! [:D] j/k Sorry, couldn't help the commercial reference.

The Lexus RX is a nice car, and sounds like a great deal for what you're going to pay for it. I guess you have your S4 to get your Audi fix [:p]

btw, I'm averaging about ~25 mpg mixed city/highway commuting, and errr...less during canyon runs [drive]

that's an AWESOME commercial. It's really a coin toss. If I were leasing the car for 3 years, I'd take the Q5. Since I'll own it for 5 or 6 years, I want the peace of mind that Lexus ownership delivers. Don't really need to do any canyon runs in our SUV...that's what the S4 is assigned to!

Our other car is a Lexus IS300. 2004, 100,000km (60,000 miles) and nothing has ever gone wrong with it. I don't mean that the transmission blew and warranty covered, or that a window regulator died and it was an easy DIY. I mean NOTHING has ever gone wrong. Pretty awesome quality. Service is unmatched in the industry too. Every regular maintenance visit they give me a little gift (car interior wipes, couple of waterbottles in the cup holder when I get in etc.) and the car has been washed...inside and out (full interior cleanup/wipedown of all surfaces/carpets all vacuumed). At 25,000 miles I took it in , and the service advisor called my office to tell me my tire had a nail in it. He had it patched, and had ordered me a new tire. All I could think was "WHOA buddy...I'll order my own tire at non-stealership prices". I just asked him...what's the cost on the new tire and the patch of the old one? His reply was shocking 'no charge...we offer a tire warranty up to 30,000 miles' . I asked 'even though I drove over a nail?'. 'Yes sir'.

Audi charges me $65 just to listen to any funny noise that I might hear!