PDA

View Full Version : Q7 question

excelwind
04-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Hey guys,

My father just picked up a Q7 3.6 Premium Plus, it does not come with the Voice Recognition feature but the button is there. Anyway to enable it?

I've heard of something called VAG programming, not sure if this is done thru it.

I drive a 335i myself and the Q7 interior is worlds apart from the bimmer's. I'm impressed!

Thanks in advance.

AofC_RR
04-10-2009, 01:59 PM
I know you can in the A5/S5 but I'm not sure if the Q7 is equipped with the module for it. If it's there I'm sure you can enable it via VAGCOM.

OEMplus.com
04-11-2009, 02:01 PM
You would need to add the speech module. Here is a link for the full kit, but contact them and see if they can get just the parts you are missing...

Kufatec - SDS Retrofit (http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_66&products_id=399)

MOMOS
04-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Voice Recognition has 2 different types,
first one is only for telephone,
second one is for integrated voice control. including navigation, telephone, CD, Radio, Directory.
for those car equiped with BT, you can activate your telephone voice control by correctly coding it. (because some care was not coded for that from factory, my car is an example).
if you want a real voice control for navigation/telephone/cd/radio/directory, you need to install a Voice control module which is installed (plug-in) into K-box. (I've done this upgrade and it works perfectly!)
however, for voice control module installation, not only do you need a voice control module, you also need to activate it by using the VAS5052 from dealership, this voice control module need online activation and adaption.

the installation processer is not very difficult, but module is quite expensive, if someone is interested in this or have any question, you're welcome to send me PM or PM me the link about the disscussion to discuss about it. I'd like to share information with you guys.

following is the real picture of my voice control module.
http://pc.images22.51img1.com/6000/danielmomo/c43c862ee69b3fa4e2591eb8f4ecd40f.jpg