PDA

View Full Version : my review of the q5

calvin1.8t
03-30-2009, 05:55 PM
i drove the q5 on the road today around town and on the highway for the first time. usually i just drive em around the lot and on this small strip of road. one word to describe it.....amazing. one of the best cars ive ever driven. the 3.2 has power. it surprises you. you don't expect a compact SUV to throw u back in your seat like the Q5 does. i hit 80 like it was nothing and it still had alot more to go. i didnt time it but the 0-60 is probably in the 6-7 second range but it feels like 4-5. it handles like a sports car too. i was taking turns in it like it was a TT and it just shrugged them off like they were lane switches. it also stays so planted and conformed in the turns. theres is no lean in the turns it stays perfectly straight. on the high way going 60 just punch it and you can squeeze into any spot in the other lane. theres torque at any speed. the steering is as tight as a virgins pussy. at intersections a barely needed to turn the wheel half way and i made a turn. its just so well put together. it feels so solid on the road. thats not even all of it either. as soon as you sit in the drivers seat you do not want to leave. the drivers position is nice and high so you have a good view of the road and the seats are firm but conform to your body making it one of the most comfortable cars ive ever sat in. you dont want to get out the car. i could drive this thing across the country and back and still not want to get out. the bang and olfsen sound system is better then $8000 systems u get at best buy. its so clear and so well designed. the sound just engulfs your ears. the panoramic roof is something you gotta get. it makes the car feel so open. the back seat isn't bad either. its pretty room actually. trunk space is ok but what do u expect from a compact SUV, a suburban? the q5 is a combination between the a4 and the q7 with the comfort of an a6. i give it a 4/5. they need to come out with a SQ5 with a 4.2 from an RS4 or the 3.0T from the new a6/s4. if they did that you would have a monster that would be king of the road.

firstarsbrnwhit
03-30-2009, 06:03 PM
toyt like a tiger

J-jizzle
03-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Here is some engine stats off of CarandDriver.com.

"But one piece has gone missing: the A4’s fuel-efficient 211-hp, 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that makes more torque than the V-6 does. We were able to sample a Q5 with the 2.0-liter (that engine is, of course, available in Europe), and subjectively it felt every bit as quick as the V-6—Audi claims 0-to-62-mph times of 6.7 seconds for the V-6 and 7.2 seconds for the four. The smaller engine may be offered sometime in 2010. Meanwhile, the 3.2-liter Q5 goes on sale in March at an expected starting price of about $38,000."

I like this car a whole lot also. You where right on the money with your 0-60 time. From the info on Car and Driver I would wait and get the 2.0-liter motor and get it tuned. Then I would be most defiantly faster that the V6 and lighter.

calvin1.8t
03-30-2009, 06:21 PM
if im gonna tune a Q5 im so doing a 4.2 swap. that thing would be a beast with a 4.2 especially the turbo 4.2 from the rs6

gummi
03-30-2009, 06:35 PM
great review Calvin!

calvin1.8t
03-30-2009, 07:45 PM
lol thanks. what i did with that q5 today woulda gotten me sooo fired lol

calvin1.8t
03-31-2009, 08:38 AM
forgot one thing. the brakes are great. they peeled my face off when i slammed on them. if you had to compare this car to a dog, the q7 would be like a lab, its calm but when u want it to play it has fun but the q5 is like a jack russel terrior, it begs for you to play with it and take it to the limit.

sakimano
03-31-2009, 10:55 AM
if im gonna tune a Q5 im so doing a 4.2 swap. that thing would be a beast with a 4.2 especially the turbo 4.2 from the rs6

that sounds like a simple 'tune'...[o_o]

calvin1.8t
03-31-2009, 06:19 PM
lol if im gonna tune this car im gonna go nuts and make it an RSQ5R GTR-RS Le Mans edition lol. im goin all out

rusky
04-01-2009, 02:26 AM
I have to agree. I saw it at the car show in town and liked it better than the Q7. Side note, does the Q7 not have a glove box? Yeah, but the layout and feel of the Q5 seems much better than the Q7, just not as much cargo space. Can get a nice one for around 50k too.

channad
04-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I love the Q5. I'd have to go with the prestige package...with the off-road package. That will be awesome! I'll take a 2.0T for better gas millage :) That 3.2 is a beast though!

calvin1.8t
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
I have to agree. I saw it at the car show in town and liked it better than the Q7. Side note, does the Q7 not have a glove box? Yeah, but the layout and feel of the Q5 seems much better than the Q7, just not as much cargo space. Can get a nice one for around 50k too.

it does. you gotta press a button by the MMI to open it

Quattrotakis
04-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Was ready to walk into the showroom and pick one up until I "built my own" off the Audi USA website. $52,000 plus for the S-Line? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I understand you have to pay to play, but that us redonkulous. I'll save my $

rs_t
04-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Was ready to walk into the showroom and pick one up until I "built my own" off the Audi USA website. $52,000 plus for the S-Line? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I understand you have to pay to play, but that us redonkulous. I'll save my $

The basic 170 hp 2.0Tdi costs about $80.000 in Norway. 6 speed manual and no extras. The 3.2 is not even offered here since it would be over $125.000 in basic version, with Satnav and S-Line the price would be about $150.000.

So stop whining, and go buy the bloody car!

ibiski
04-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Car looks good only with the S-Line package IMO, but either way, because of its smaller size I see it as more of a woman's car. And I don't think it's overpriced. Expensive, yes but not overpriced for all the features you get and compared to GLK or X3.