PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up a Q5!

gummi
03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Just picked up a Q5 2 weeks ago and loving it! I saw the Q5 on Audi's website back in December while shopping for an A4 for my wife. I wanted to read reviews on Edmunds or whatnot, but realized that it wasn't out yet, so didn't look anymore into it. Realizing that the A4 was too small for our purposes, we started shopping around for something bigger (Q7?), a MDX being on the top of that list. Started talking to local dealers and whatnot to find the best pricing. Fast forward a few months later - I caught Audi's "School's Out" commercial on the Q5, and convinced the wife to go take a look at it the day we were going to purchase the MDX (Acura & Audi dealerships were right across the street from each other). Needless to say, we looked at it, drove it, fell in love with it, and took one home! Our baby is a Premium Plus Deep Sea Blue Pearl with grey interior. Smooth acceleration, comfy ride, handles curves, great turn radius, and love all the looks we get! Have yet to see another one on the road! And happy to become a part of the AZ community!

FutureStage1
03-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Welcome! Sounds hot, got pics?

Anthony
03-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Congrats and welcome. I look forward to the pics, and hopefully meeting you and seeing the Q5 at a local Bay Area GTG. From which dealership did you pick it up?

The lady and I were looking into the the Q5s, they're very nice looking and a good size. One of these may come after the A4's lease is up in a few years.

sloppyjimbob
03-20-2009, 03:51 PM
nice color combo, post some pics!!!!

kurtdaniel
03-20-2009, 11:46 PM
hi,,congrats..you got the nicest car..how i wish i have that car similar to what you have..

[cool][rolleyes][:)][;)]
hp?act=post&do=rehp?act=post&do=re
kurt E. daniel's car parts
rum/forumdisplay.php?f=

aznpxdd
03-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Pics!!

gummi
03-21-2009, 01:24 AM
heh heh, thanks everyone for the kind comments. I'll take some pics this weekend to post up. I had taken a few the day we picked it up, but that was with my cellphone.

Anthony, I picked it up from Rector Audi (Burlingame)...we kinda lucked out since there were only 2 Q5's w/ the color combo we wanted in the bay area...look forward to meeting some of the AZ members at the next meet! Do you guys drive around, twisties, etc. or more like a meet & greet?

Very happy to be an Audi owner!

Anthony
03-21-2009, 11:57 AM
heh heh, thanks everyone for the kind comments. I'll take some pics this weekend to post up. I had taken a few the day we picked it up, but that was with my cellphone.

Anthony, I picked it up from Rector Audi (Burlingame)...we kinda lucked out since there were only 2 Q5's w/ the color combo we wanted in the bay area...look forward to meeting some of the AZ members at the next meet! Do you guys drive around, twisties, etc. or more like a meet & greet?

Very happy to be an Audi owner!

Very cool. Be sure to check out the NorCal section in the Regional Forums (http://www.audizine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40) for details on the local GTGs. There are all sorts of different gatherings (especially in the Spring/Summer) from simple meet 'n' greets, to drives, to go-karting events.

OEMplus.com
03-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Awesome! Good for you...

gummi
03-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Here's a small collage of pics I snapped today. It's not the greatest location (with lots of reflections from the trees), so hopefully I can find a better spot soon.

Enjoy!

http://www.audizine.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1324&pictureid=4606

A4A4A4
03-23-2009, 11:05 PM
MOAR PICS!

gummi
03-23-2009, 11:17 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1324&pictureid=4607

http://www.audizine.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1324&pictureid=4608

Anthony
03-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Here's a small collage of pics I snapped today. It's not the greatest location (with lots of reflections from the trees), so hopefully I can find a better spot soon.

Enjoy!

http://www.audizine.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1324&pictureid=4606

Neat. You do that in iPhoto or something?

gummi
03-24-2009, 07:35 PM
^^I did it using Picasa's built-in tool, very simple, user-friendly, and convenient!

when is the next norcal AZ meet?

Anthony
03-24-2009, 08:01 PM
^^I did it using Picasa's built-in tool, very simple, user-friendly, and convenient!

when is the next norcal AZ meet?

I'm not aware of one soon, but with the weather being as nice as it is maybe I'll throw together a Mt View Krispy Kreme GTG for next week.

sloppyjimbob
03-24-2009, 11:34 PM
looks very very nice!

noservice
03-25-2009, 02:08 PM
[up]

can't wait till saturday when i pick up the Q5.

going to spend all weekend in the car and reading the manual. [:D]

gummi
03-26-2009, 09:48 AM
^^We're enjoying it a lot, although we still need to read through the manual! [wrench]

EuroA4
03-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Congrats...looks really nice.
Hmmm...maybe I can convince the wife to trade the Touareg for one?

gummi
03-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Congrats...looks really nice.
Hmmm...maybe I can convince the wife to trade the Touareg for one?

Do it - She'll love it! [:D]

noservice
03-28-2009, 06:06 PM
gummi do you notice a hesitation when you gas it from a dead stop?

other than that i love the Q5.

navi, bluetooth and ipod work great.

love all the lights in the footwells and on the mirrors.

[:D]

gummi
03-28-2009, 06:41 PM
gummi do you notice a hesitation when you gas it from a dead stop?

other than that i love the Q5.

navi, bluetooth and ipod work great.

love all the lights in the footwells and on the mirrors.

[:D]

once in a while, i'll feel a bit of a bog in first - i'll try and pay more attention to it and report back.

glad you're enjoying the Q5 - i didn't get the navi...so pricey plus they didn't have it with the color combo i wanted [:(]

Anthony
03-29-2009, 10:46 AM
The hesitation is a norm on Audi's DBW cars, especially these new ones it seems. There has been quite a bit of discussion about it on the B8 A4s as well.

D's Avant
03-29-2009, 02:06 PM
I saw my first Q5 on the road this weekend. Snow on the ground here and it was a black one with I think 17"s. Those head lights look awesome, looked a little smaller than I was thinking.

Stone825
03-29-2009, 04:43 PM
The hesitation is a norm on Audi's DBW cars, especially these new ones it seems. There has been quite a bit of discussion about it on the B8 A4s as well.

What does DBW mean?

Anyways. when I drive the Q7 from time to time I definitely notice that there is a hesitation. I wonder why that is. Maybe an electric gas pedal? I honestly have no idea. I did notice that when the car is in sport or tiptronic it goes away. Maybe you can re-code with the VAG-COM to get rid of it somehow.

noservice
03-29-2009, 05:09 PM
What does DBW mean?

DBW - Drive By Wire

gummi
03-29-2009, 08:22 PM
i do notice a slight hesitation at times when in "D", but none in "S" or if shifting manually.

gummi
03-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Still enjoying the looks I get, whether from other Audi owners or others trying to figure out what it is. Was at Stanford Mall (Palo Alto, CA) last Friday, when a little boy pointed and told his mom, "That's the car from that commercial with the scared lady!" I couldn't help but smile [:D]

Still excited to be one of the first Q5 owners in the area (haven't seen another one on the road yet), and on AZ.

Anthony
03-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Still enjoying the looks I get, whether from other Audi owners or others trying to figure out what it is. Was at Stanford Mall (Palo Alto, CA) last Friday, when a little boy pointed and told his mom, "That's the car from that commercial with the scared lady!" I couldn't help but smile [:D]

Still excited to be one of the first Q5 owners in the area (haven't seen another one on the road yet), and on AZ.

I have yet to see one actually on the road either, just at the dealer.

JRMSLINEA4
04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
last Friday, when a little boy pointed and told his mom, "That's the car from that commercial with the scared lady!" I couldn't help but smile [:D]

Still excited to be one of the first Q5 owners in the area (haven't seen another one on the road yet), and on AZ.That is a great commercial.

Voltes Five
04-03-2009, 07:29 PM
looks sweet! Congrats!!

SleeperAvant
04-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Looking nice! What's the rear seat-room like compared to a b6/b7 A4 Avant?

gummi
04-06-2009, 03:57 PM
^^thx Voltes!

Sleeper, I don't have much experience with the B6/B7 Avants, but they seem and feel roomier than the B8 Avant.

OSIKS4
04-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I thought you were getting a MDX!

Anthony
04-06-2009, 06:49 PM
^^thx Voltes!

Sleeper, I don't have much experience with the B6/B7 Avants, but they seem and feel roomier than the B8 Avant.

And the B8 has even more room in the back than the B6/B7!

SleeperAvant
04-06-2009, 06:55 PM
^ooh, very nice! Lotsa room for baby seats!

gummi
04-06-2009, 10:39 PM
I thought you were getting a MDX!

lolz...so did I! I attribute some of the Audi influence from you dood! [:p]

^ooh, very nice! Lotsa room for baby seats!

that's the whole point! [:D]

gummi
04-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Forgot to mention, the rear seats can be adjusted back and forth for more or less room, plus they can recline a bit [cool]

Anthony
04-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Forgot to mention, the rear seats can be adjusted back and forth for more or less room, plus they can recline a bit [cool]

Now that's nice. The A4/S4 certainly can't do that. [:)]