PDA

View Full Version : Q7 tire recommendations

Guzzivox
03-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I was curious if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations? I am just about done with my first set of Goodyear Eagle LS2's @ 20K mi, and wouldn't mind making a switch. Thanks in advance!

kurtdaniel
03-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Dunlop tires are good. I got them less than a year ago and its really tough..

[:)][cool][:|]
hp?act=post&do=rehp?act=post&do=re
kurt E. daniel's edelbrock
rum/forumdisplay.php?f=

Guzzivox
03-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Went with Yokohama Parada Spec-X's. Really, really nice ride. Very pleased so far with the look, feel, grip, comfort, and noise levels. Incredible price too.

bozack
02-26-2011, 09:50 AM
ANyone have thoughts on these for a Q7? Looking at the Goodyear D3, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and the Yoko Parada Spec-X.
Anyone have any feedback as far as road noise and wearing?
All have about the same rating on tire rack but the Michelins are about twice the price (but I do like Michelins so price isn't an issue)

GTMRS4
03-09-2011, 05:17 AM
I went with the Yokohamas Parada Spec-X

Ride: Extremely smooth vs. OEM Continentals
Traction:
Wet - solid holds the road very well
Mud - no slip yet
Snow - it's done well considering, but quick stops cause some slide due to the massive weight of the vehicle

bozack
03-09-2011, 05:19 AM
I went with Michelins, expensive but super quiet and good ride so far but only been a few days

Giblet
03-14-2011, 02:43 PM
I have been riding on Pirelli Scorpions on my 19" wheels for a couple of years and been quite happy. The wear on them has been far better than the original Contis.

K2audi
03-19-2011, 11:58 AM
I went with the Conti Contacts again. I like the sidewall strength and the wheel protection it offers. We got about 34K out of them as well. Tried the Yokohama Parada Spec-X's and initially liked the slightly smoother ride but you get this by a much softer sidewall which I noticed flexed too much when putting the Q7 through it's paces in the twisty mountain passes we frequently drive. It didn't feel safe and made the Q7 feel like it was going to slide off the road

Phknlwyr
05-16-2011, 06:02 AM
I put Toyo Proxes STII on my 2009 Q7 TDI. I have been very pleased with the ride, lack of noise and wear thus far. I have put about 6k miles on them and remain very satisfied. The price is right too!

iconoclast
05-16-2011, 06:29 AM
I was curious if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations?

on which size wheel?

crazycars
06-22-2011, 12:58 PM
I ran an original set of Dunlop SP Maxx wrapped around 21inch rims from 0-45,000Km...not shy of speed, conservative on the brakes, dry weather, on-road. They would have been good for few more thousand km if it wasnt for a nasty puncture that forced a new set (of Dunlop SP Maxx).