PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: WTB 3 or 4 point seatbelt harness

Daddy MO
12-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Doesnt have to be street legal. Prefer black but any color will due. Also, cannot be the type that slips onto roll bar or cage. Needs to anchor to existing system w/ shoulders anchoring to rear or existing lap belt location.

$80 max is my best offer for something like Scroth, Sparco, Momo, etc... and ill pay up to $40 for some generic off brand crap.

FYI... CAM or snap lock is fine.

got boost.
12-22-2008, 08:46 PM
just wondering are they racing belts for stock seats?

Daddy MO
12-23-2008, 01:34 AM
just wondering are they racing belts for stock seats?

Yes, thats what im looking for. I would rather have the belts that are for racing because they are waaay cheaper. The harness meant for a stock street legal setup start at $180 from ioport racing or Wine Country.

got boost.
12-23-2008, 02:51 PM
How would the stock safety system work with racing belts like the airbag and seatbelt chime? I asked before and people kept saying that racing seatbelts are a safety hazard if you dont have racing seats or a roll cage. [confused]

Daddy MO
12-23-2008, 05:29 PM
How would the stock safety system work with racing belts like the airbag and seatbelt chime? I asked before and people kept saying that racing seatbelts are a safety hazard if you dont have racing seats or a roll cage. [confused]

For one, in the Audi you can turn off the chime w/ VAG com so no worries there. You wont have any of the SRS stuff working unless you looped the circuit which I think you can do. Plus, with a 3, 4, or 5 point harness you wont really need air bags.

In my e46, I am running e30 seats and disconnected all my wiring. My air bag
light is on but so what. I dont have any seatbelts up front right now and thats why im looking for a sinple harness.