PDA

View Full Version : Audizine B6/B7 S4 1/4 mile times update 11/20/10

Justincredible
11-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Ok so over the past few months we have been talking more and more about the B6/7 S4 and its 1/4mile times. The data we look at comes from several different sources. We have drag times. Nice but not accurate some times. There is doc mike who has a great set up but many don't know where or how to access it. So my thought is This I will make this the 1/4mile thread.

We can request that there is a sticky for this and we can update the times for everyone to see.

After some recent events. I think there should be some ground rules that we follow for this. This will keep it honest and make it so all the times on the list are genuine.

1. All people requesting to be on the 1/4mile list need to produce 2 time slips. Not this ONE random time slip thing. Requiring 2 time slips makes this a LITTLE more fraud proof. This way people can't claim the time in the other lane was them. Also this will show how consistent the time is. If one person has consistent 13.6 times and just one 13.2 then it would be fair to say there car/driver is not very consistent. This will weed out the glory pass that is not a true representation. Thus helping others draw there own conclusions. How ever the fastest time will make it on the list. if the board feels there is a large Disparity between the times and this is a issue the Time will have a ** next to it to represent GLORY pass. NHRA Rules state you must be able to have 2 passes with in .2tenths of each other for some of there events to accept the pass as genuine. Im not saying that we need to adhere to this but if something gets out of hand we can use this rule.

There is no reason why you can't produce 2 time slips if you were at the track.

2. The time slips must be from the same day and must be a full pic of the time slip. FULL PIC with the track info Date car # etc. Not some pic with some blurry A$$ #'s on it and just the times.

3. Post the time slips in the thread or E mail them to me and I can update the time on the list. This way everyone has a part.

4. This is NOT for any other cars other then the B6/7 S4 & RS4 all others need not apply

5 As the mod lists grow I will make a legend for the mods as to not have a page long mod list

6 Corrected Times and calculated adjusted times are not proper representation of what your car did. Feel free to post the Altitude and temps for that day for a gauge and reference for others. But please leave corrected times out of your post. It detracts from the actual FACTUAL data we are gathering. Please let the temps and posted altitudes help others draw conclusions off the factual data and the corresponding times

When posting time you will need 2 TIME slips. Please post the TEMPS if you wish your MODS and WEIGHT REDUCTION IS A MOD.

None of this just listing weight reduction and thinking that is good enough. Any thing other than removing the spare and the spare tire and tools constitutes as a weight reduction. If you have the spare tire in please let us know so it can be added back in

Now there are some current standing times that have just 1 slip. I will be taking them from doc mikes list. He has required the slip info and there are not too many on the list. I am on the list but I will not be putting my time. I will post my last track times with 2 time slips and video.

For the 12 sec club or any record breaking event. Out of respect for the other people that had the last record. It is needed for video proof and time slips. This is only out of respect to the other participants on the list. They worked hard to get there and its only fair that we don't leave any speculation on the table. Too many good events get derailed by speculation and possible hear say and lack of proof.

Not only does this keep the system full proof it really helps bring the community into the experience with you.

If the situation presents it self for a feet of this nature. Video and times would be nice. The more proof the better. If you find your self not able to get video might I suggest getting pic's of you and your car at the track with the #'s on the time slip matching the #'s on your car.

I really don't like the fact that the honor system is not able to stay on the table for us. I really didn't think there was going to be a need for all this. Till this.....People completely just making things up

The back story on this is SOME guy claims to have gone 13.4 @ 113 with a 2.2 60 foot No time slip as "HE HAD TO LOOK FOR IT. This guy went on forever about this he even said that he granny shifted. The best part was the more he posted the more mods his car got 4 posts down from the post HE made his car all of a sudden has more mods then he listed Stasis center diff and LSD.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3085009&postcount=127

My issue with this is there are People out there that get great results and everyone starts questioning the results.

After this bogus post and other misleading and non factual posts people were having a discussion over why this happened and better yet how this happened. This has been going on for too long we discuss things trying to make since of them. In the end there is more argument then advancement. With the facts on the table we should all be able to make since of what works and what doesn't.

With the Rules set to what they are. This should be easy for all to do and in then end we have a little more of a fact based platform to work from. Better to just take all the guess work out of the equations

Justincredible
11-24-2008, 01:08 AM
legend: C/B=cat back .... Dp's=down pipes ...(Nc)=no cats ... c C/B=custom cat back ... L/W=light weight ... Ro=rotors ... Rim=rims ... bbb= big bake kit ... CP= crank pulley ... IS Intake spacers ... CX= stage x 2..3.. clutch. FW=flywheel LW Any oct information with a + after it notes MI injection S/C supercharged.... NO2 Nitrous oxide

A little beta testing here. This seems to be a better way to post the times. It is easier to edit (well to some extent I'm still working on that) but we get better information and the ability to read it.

for those of you who don't know. Simply click on the list to expand the size of it

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5282/5233405127_0ca5201a3a_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5203/5233993488_8fc6abf812_b.jpg

B7 RS4 1/4 mile times
TOP TIME ___driver_________year___trans___program__________ ___mods_____________60ft____1/4mile___speed
-1.Mickf29______08/RS4___Man/6___Stock 93___Stock____driver mod__________ 1.88____.13.40_____102.89

ieatfishburitos
11-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for doing this Justin..

Auditude2.0T
11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
07/RS4 Bone stock 1.919 12.80@107mph

jaybquick@JHM
11-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Great Idea Justin. I was gonna actually do the same thing soon to help get this forum organized. I fully agree with your idea to make people bring solid evidence. It will be nice to keep this organized and policed by a member so that the Drama can hopefully stay out of this forum that has become common place in the B5 S4 forum.

Thanks and I will see if I can make this a sticky and allow your 2nd post to be editable indefinitely so you can keep it updated since they do eventually lock you out of editing. This is part of the reason I decided to sponsor this forum, to bring stuff like this to the table, so I will get behind this and see what AZ can do since I didn't make this post. (I know I can do the above to my posts)

cabracco85
11-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Glad to see this as a sticky. Also thanks go to justin for stepping up and being the man that will take time out of his day to help all the b6/b7 cars get some forward progress, along with all of the other guys on the forum that are helping the cause too. They know who they are and im pretty sure most that are performance minded do too.

Justincredible
11-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys.

I am un sure if we should mix the RS4 and the S4 let me know what you guys think before I do it. Also feel free to make suggestions about any ideas you may have to help this out

cabracco85: your the 60ft king nice launch

jaybquick@JHM
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Got it stickied. However the 2nd post will eventually be non editable. They haven't found a way around that for non moderators

So to help out I made this webpage for you to put a link to in your second post. Email me what you have at jason@jhmotorsports.com for links to timeslips and videos and full mod lists. I will do my best to get the page updated soon. This way people don't have to search this whole thread for a complete list.

The link --> http://jhmotorsports.com/timeslips/B6S4/

Thanks

moroblues4
11-25-2008, 06:21 PM
i just got a apr catback and i removed the res i havent had time to put it on you think it gonna make big diff in power

Captain Insano
11-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys.

I am un sure if we should mix the RS4 and the S4 let me know what you guys think before I do it. Also feel free to make suggestions about any ideas you may have to help this out

cabracco85: your the 60ft king nice launch

Since this forum includes both the B6/B7 S4 & RS4... I think we can include both the RS4 and the S4 on the same webpage JHM provided, but I would suggest separate spreadsheets or charts to show each car. That way it's easy to differentiate. They are technically different models of car after all. This is just my opinion, provided at your request. [;)]

bigredx24x
11-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Got it stickied. However the 2nd post will eventually be non editable. They haven't found a way around that for non moderators

So to help out I made this webpage for you to put a link to in your second post. Email me what you have at jason@jhmotorsports.com for links to timeslips and videos and full mod lists. I will do my best to get the page updated soon. This way people don't have to search this whole thread for a complete list.

The link --> http://jhmotorsports.com/timeslips/B6S4/

Thanks

Why don't you just create a google spreadsheet? The OP could be the sole owner, but all others could be given read access. I think this would be easier for the OP, instead of having to use HTML. Just a thought.

Only 4 times so far? I'm surprised there haven't been more submitted.

Justincredible
12-02-2008, 02:57 AM
I posted my time here is a link to my 2 time slips and Video

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3097670&postcount=1

I have been searching for more time slips to add. But in the end I think we should stick with what we have and just add to it. AZ is a great site, the best by far for the B6 S4 IMHO. I want to make sure we use this as a solid no B.S. account for what OUR cars can do. So I would rather have less time sips (for now) with Real info then lots of time slips with possible bad info.

09 looks like it could be the year for 12's lets get those cars to the track and get the slips on the data board.

sakimano
12-02-2008, 01:28 PM
07/RS4 Bone stock 1.919 12.80@107mph

RTFS...2 time slips, not 0.

1. All people requesting to be on the 1/4mile list need to produce 2 time slips. Not this ONE random time slip thing. Requiring 2 time slips makes this a LITTLE more fraud proof.

jaybquick@JHM
12-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Why don't you just create a google spreadsheet? The OP could be the sole owner, but all others could be given read access. I think this would be easier for the OP, instead of having to use HTML. Just a thought.

Only 4 times so far? I'm surprised there haven't been more submitted.

That would work and I could always just link it and auto forward it.

Hey Justin, put that link up in your 2nd post since it will get locked within 30 days and I can put that all in the page I have or if you make a google spreadsheet like he suggested or have something else easy to link. We don't need people having to search through this thread for updated times, since in 30 days from your original post you will be locked out.

b00st
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
i like the idea of the pic of the car with the number on it and the timeslip. everyone has a camara phone to take a pic of their car with number at the track.

Justincredible
12-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Congrats to Todeshandler. #1 on the list. Great job.

I would like to thank Todeshandler for helping get this info for us. Also thanks for providing the 2 required time slips and A PIC of the car.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251712

Lets PLEASE all keep these rules in mind when coming close to that ever elusive 12 sec zone.

Thanks

Todeshandler
12-13-2008, 04:04 PM
I think it'd be nice if you also started listing the DA as that makes a HUGE difference with the relativity of the time/mph.

You can calculate DA here http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php it even has a look up for historical weather data for every 1/4 track in the US I believe. DA for my run was 2,139

jaybquick@JHM
12-15-2008, 09:26 PM
I think it'd be nice if you also started listing the DA as that makes a HUGE difference with the relativity of the time/mph.

You can calculate DA here http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php it even has a look up for historical weather data for every 1/4 track in the US I believe. DA for my run was 2,139

Very true.

Hey Justin before you can't edit that post anymore we really need to get you another spot to post it or link it. Maybe make it a picture and just edit the picture and use the same name it will be right there for eternity.

let me know if you want I can host that for ya. Don't want putfile or one of the other free hosting sites causing issues for over bandwidth.

Like this. I just took a screen shot of your post, cropped it and hosted it. So if you just link the image and any time you overwrite it with an update it will show in that post.
Like this
http://jhmotorsports.com/timeslips/B6B7S4Timeslips.jpg

So once it is linked once you just copy and paste a newer pic with the updated data and it will automatically show it.

whartung
01-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Am I crazy, or should the supercharged S4 be running times faster than 13.02 at speeds faster than Justincredible's naturally aspirated...? Someone mind clearing up why the S/C'd car only gained .18 seconds at the dragstrip with a hp increase of over 100?

GameBreaker
01-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Am I crazy, or should the supercharged S4 be running times faster than 13.02 at speeds faster than Justincredible's naturally aspirated...? Someone mind clearing up why the S/C'd car only gained .18 seconds at the dragstrip with a hp increase of over 100?

An elevation difference of about 2000ft.

whartung
01-14-2009, 11:52 AM
I knew elevation made a difference, but never that much. So if I challenge a supercharged S4 to a race with the only stipulation being that he took the high road, approximately 2000 feet higher than mine, it would be almost fair? Good to know.

Thanks for clearing that up

jaybquick@JHM
01-15-2009, 12:59 PM
I knew elevation made a difference, but never that much. So if I challenge a supercharged S4 to a race with the only stipulation being that he took the high road, approximately 2000 feet higher than mine, it would be almost fair? Good to know.

Thanks for clearing that up

When I went to 2 different tracks I saw a difference as well.

Back in early 06 my B5 S4 trapped in the 120mph to 121mph range in 70 degree temps at sea level and I was running 11.8 to 11.9 quarter miles.

Soon after I went to a drag race even down at LACR which is even higher than that at about 2700 feet. Also the day I ran there it was in the mid 80s. Usually every 10 degree of ambient my car would slow down 1 to 2 mph. On that day I ran 12.0s and 11.9 quarter miles with trap speeds in the 115mph to 116mph range. So I fell off about 5mph. Part was due to the heat and part was due to altitude.

So at a sea level track his car should trap in the 109 to 112mph range. I think also their tune is probably not finalized (hence the fact that it is not officially for sale yet). Bottom line it probably wasn't a good marketing move for them to post their results at that track prior to the kits release.

I think in time as more get to the track and they finalize their kit the results should improve.

Hopefully my personal experience and 4 years of drag racing Audis helps clear this up even more. (raced mustangs for 10 plus years prior)

jaybquick@JHM
02-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Can you still update this Justin. We just went 13.03 @ 105.9 with just bolt ons. --> http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261628

sway
03-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Just out of curiosity, what where the temps that day for those runs, and how much would your time be affected, if any, for about every 5 deg faren hotter?

jaybquick@JHM
03-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Just out of curiosity, what where the temps that day for those runs, and how much would your time be affected, if any, for about every 5 deg faren hotter?

It was in the mid to high 60s most of the day and got really close to 70. So it was definitely no huge advantage like if I was up north in 30 or 40 degree temps.

I haven't had enough of these cars to the track in different temps to get detailed data, but I would gestimate every 10 degrees F would add or remove .5 to 1 mph on a full run. This would also be affected by cool down procedures and if any ice was used or if they had our intake spacers or not.

NA cars don't see as drastic of a difference as Turbo cars with ambient. But I would say around 85 degrees or so these NA S4s would probably start to suffer more drastically.

I am basing this off my 15 years plus of racing NA Mustangs.

Thanks.

sway
03-18-2009, 05:38 PM
It was in the mid to high 60s most of the day and got really close to 70. So it was definitely no huge advantage like if I was up north in 30 or 40 degree temps.

I haven't had enough of these cars to the track in different temps to get detailed data, but I would gestimate every 10 degrees F would add or remove .5 to 1 mph on a full run. This would also be affected by cool down procedures and if any ice was used or if they had our intake spacers or not.

NA cars don't see as drastic of a difference as Turbo cars with ambient. But I would say around 85 degrees or so these NA S4s would probably start to suffer more drastically.

I am basing this off my 15 years plus of racing NA Mustangs.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I ran consisten 14.0's on the quarter and was highly upset. I have normal tires and I had just finished driving 360 mi to get there when I did those passes. It was about 90 that day, and I still had my subs in the trunk (approx 70 lbs). I just wanted to know if that had a huge play. That or I just need to learn how to drive better.

jaybquick@JHM
03-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I ran consisten 14.0's on the quarter and was highly upset. I have normal tires and I had just finished driving 360 mi to get there when I did those passes. It was about 90 that day, and I still had my subs in the trunk (approx 70 lbs). I just wanted to know if that had a huge play. That or I just need to learn how to drive better.

The 90 degree temps probably cost you a mph or 2 over if it was 70f out. So without subs and better temps you would have ran some 13.9s or 13.8s no problem.

If you post up the slip info I can do better analyzing where the problem is (I can better determine if it is the nut behind the wheel or not [:D]). Might have some tips for you as well. Knowing the trap speed, 60ft and half track speed and ET give me the data to dissect the run and have good feedback for you.

To better help. What was the gas you used?? What is your full mod list? What RPM were you shifting at?? What RPM were you launching at?? What technique??

sway
03-18-2009, 06:08 PM
The 90 degree temps probably cost you a mph or 2 over if it was 70f out. So without subs and better temps you would have ran some 13.9s or 13.8s no problem.

If you post up the slip info I can do better analyzing where the problem is (I can better determine if it is the nut behind the wheel or not [:D]). Might have some tips for you as well. Knowing the trap speed, 60ft and half track speed and ET give me the data to dissect the run and have good feedback for you.

To better help. What was the gas you used?? What is your full mod list? What RPM were you shifting at?? What RPM were you launching at?? What technique??
R/T... .746
60'.... 2.074
330... 5.954
1/8... 9.107
MPH... 78.31
1000... 11.775
1/4... 14.037
MPH... 99.65

My full mods list is in the signature block. My engine was still pretty hot from the drive. I launched anywhere from 1k to 2.2k. I was being a little bitch because I didn't want to be stuck 360 mi away with a bad clutch. I have videos I can show you as well. I shifted at about 6500 rpm's. All the passes where about that.

Justincredible
03-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Sway,

Don't feel bad that is about right for what you have. A chip is going to do nothing with stock Dp's but hurt the motor after a while.

My advice. Get some piggie Dp's throw away the EVMOS intake thing and have Jay set you straight on some helper mods. My car went 14.3 @ 98 stock 13.3 @ 107.3 With the JHM mods and Im a automatic

sway
03-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm waiting for the headers to come out. The intake sounds nice. I'm going to wait until I have a dyno available to see for myself. I'll have the stock intake on hand. I've read the thread on intakes. Don't think I'm not taking you're advice. I see you go through a lot to prove what works and doesn't work.

moroblues4
04-05-2009, 04:07 PM
i went to the track in nj i ran 13.9 i will post time slips not that great of a run but ill take it.

Mr. Corey
04-07-2009, 07:02 PM
i went to the track in nj i ran 13.9 i will post time slips not that great of a run but ill take it.
Where you dragging at show and go?

moroblues4
04-08-2009, 11:51 AM
yes i was

jaybquick@JHM
04-09-2009, 01:37 AM
R/T... .746
60'.... 2.074
330... 5.954
1/8... 9.107
MPH... 78.31
1000... 11.775
1/4... 14.037
MPH... 99.65

My full mods list is in the signature block. My engine was still pretty hot from the drive. I launched anywhere from 1k to 2.2k. I was being a little bitch because I didn't want to be stuck 360 mi away with a bad clutch. I have videos I can show you as well. I shifted at about 6500 rpm's. All the passes where about that.

Yeah you could have probably got in the 13s with a harder launch. I don't blame you on the clutch though.

Thanks for all the PMs by the way. Looks like we have a good plan figured out for your car.

Mr. Corey
04-11-2009, 12:07 PM
yes i was
I definitely saw you then.

trexturk
04-13-2009, 10:05 PM
i went to the track yesterday with an i/e i ran a 13.4. I also took a incar video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM2j42etzfE&feature=channel_page

Justincredible
04-14-2009, 02:24 AM
Thanks for this. Please get a pic with 2 slips and a clear pic of the entire slip with the track, date and all the 1/4 mile info

trexturk
04-14-2009, 08:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/trexturk/DSC01718.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/trexturk/DSC01717.jpg

hot2trots4
04-24-2009, 05:14 PM
i went to the track yesterday with an i/e i ran a 13.4. I also took a incar video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM2j42etzfE&feature=channel_page

Good driving man. What is your full mod list, that is a good time? Thanks.

_Lex_
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
wouldn't be a bad idea to put the elevation of the track or it's name/location... so everyone can decipher the true differences in times.

for info:
http://www.dragtimes.com/drag-racing-tracks.php
http://www.staginglight.com/links/trackfinder.html

beecha91
04-26-2009, 11:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/trexturk/DSC01718.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/trexturk/DSC01717.jpg

let me know the next time you go, always going to byron or gld but no one to go with!!

whartung
04-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Common. Someone man up and break into the 12s. if todes would drag at a reasonable altitude, or someone with a JHM car would beat on it a bit with a good driver, it'll be done!!! how did those 13.02 and 13.03 runs happen so long ago yet they're still standing?

trexturk
04-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Good driving man. What is your full mod list, that is a good time? Thanks.

I just have a full exhaust and a intake.

let me know the next time you go, always going to byron or gld but no one to go with!!

Yea, i'll let you know for sure

jaybquick@JHM
04-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Common. Someone man up and break into the 12s. if todes would drag at a reasonable altitude, or someone with a JHM car would beat on it a bit with a good driver, it'll be done!!! how did those 13.02 and 13.03 runs happen so long ago yet they're still standing?

If the opportunity arrises we will do our best.

Cats or no cats??

trexturk
04-28-2009, 04:11 PM
If the opportunity arrises we will do our best.

Cats or no cats??

catless

cabracco85
04-29-2009, 11:34 AM

Yea, i'll let you know for sure
Let me know too, i would drive out there for some track time. Also have you ever been to US 41? There is not as much people that go so you dont have to wait along time in staging lanes.

beecha91
04-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Let me know too, i would drive out there for some track time. Also have you ever been to US 41? There is not as much people that go so you dont have to wait along time in staging lanes.

Never made it out to 41 ever, but my friends used to go for the street drags...

trexturk
04-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Never made it out to 41 ever, but my friends used to go for the street drags...

We should have a zine track day [drive]

IzzyS4
04-30-2009, 10:06 AM
We should have a zine track day [drive]

A bunch of us were talking about going Tom. Lets see if we can set something up.

cabracco85
04-30-2009, 01:03 PM
I might go to us 41 this sunday if i dont ahve to work. Anyone that might want to go send me an IM. Sorry to add more posts to the thread that are not useful. Hopefully sunday i will be able to add something that is.

BluechipS4
05-18-2009, 07:11 PM
The back story on this is SOME guy claims to have gone 13.4 @ 113 with a 2.2 60 foot No time slip as "HE HAD TO LOOK FOR IT. This guy went on forever about this he even said that he granny shifted. The best part was the more he posted the more mods his car got 4 posts down from the post HE made his car all of a sudden has more mods then he listed Stasis center diff and LSD.

This guy is full o' poop! I have 6 track slips and my highest 1/4 was 14.332 and my 60' wa 2.004 when did his rocket kick in?? my B7 S4 is bone stock and I did have my full size spare and golf clubs in the trunk, and a full tank o' gas but that is a full second faster with a slower start. make me go hmmmmm.

cheers,

Justincredible
05-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks for sharing the same feelings I have. This is why I made it mandatory to have 2 time slips and if you go 12's you need video.

bsrpilot44
05-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks for sharing the same feelings I have. This is why I made it mandatory to have 2 time slips and if you go 12's you need video.

I went 12's I have no video and no slips....you calling me out [>_<]

Justincredible
05-18-2009, 11:54 PM
LOL hell ya. YOU Need 4 time slips, HD video, two sworn witnesses and a priest. But Ill give you a partial pass cause your car is black and black is the fastest color

bsrpilot44
05-18-2009, 11:59 PM
LOL hell ya. YOU Need 4 time slips, HD video, two sworn witnesses and a priest. But Ill give you a partial pass cause your car is black and black is the fastest color

Oh snap we have ourselves a winner Brilliant Black FTMFW!! Now how do I go about getting some JHM products on my car, the mod bug has bitten me once again....oh wait my new Brembo's get slapped on this Friday. [:D][:D]

-B

P.S. You have PM in a few! [up]

B18b1ex
05-19-2009, 11:05 PM
I've only been to the track once, but I launch on the street almost daily. The one time at the track I ripped like three mounts two motor and a tranny. Anyone else experience this? This has hindered my return.

jdmnomore
05-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Seriously we should organize a zine track day or week and each of us heads out to our local tracks and runs.. lol.

cabracco85
07-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I need an update for my new times.

The best i went was a 13.21@104.91 with a 60ft of 1.79. That was with heavy wheels and stock clutch.

Justincredible
07-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Great job Kenny and not only did you do it on heavy rims but you did it in much hotter temps..

get me your 2 fastest slips and I can get you on the board

cabracco85
07-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Great job Kenny and not only did you do it on heavy rims but you did it in much hotter temps..

get me your 2 fastest slips and I can get you on the board
Will do once i get them scanned. Now i just need some lighter wheels and 12s here i come. If the stock clutch holds it.

Tek4ever
07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Great job Ken. Wheels that are heavier than stock!

cabracco85
07-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Great job Ken. Wheels that are heavier than stock!Thanks, also the DA was in the area of 1400ft+/-.

Justincredible
07-02-2009, 02:50 AM
updated the list for the JayBquick times. Sorry it took me a few days. Here is there link

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294688

jaybquick@JHM
07-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks Justin for updating our times.

EDIT*** hey Justin you put my car as an 04. My car is an 05. Also farmer bob's car is an 05 as well. Nothing major but should make it all correct.

One more thing, maybe you should setup their name to be hotlinked to supplied threads, videos or timeslips they provide so new people can see something for each. Just a thought.

Thanks, also the DA was in the area of 1400ft+/-.

WOW! You will be smoking me soon dude.

Mine on the 12th of June was 933 feet plus or minus, it was rather warm and 50% humidity that day. That is not great for a track at 30 feet above sea level So you would be darn close in similar conditions with less mods, you can drive DOGG. Can't wait for fall when the DA will get around 0 for both of us. Unless we get a lucky cold front (highly unlikely for me, its been 100 plus out here lately) HEHE.

If anyone needs to calculate their DA this is what I use --> http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

cabracco85
07-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks Justin for updating our times.

EDIT*** hey Justin you put my car as an 04. My car is an 05. Also farmer bob's car is an 05 as well. Nothing major but should make it all correct.

One more thing, maybe you should setup their name to be hotlinked to supplied threads, videos or timeslips they provide so new people can see something for each. Just a thought.

WOW! You will be smoking me soon dude.

Mine on the 12th of June was 933 feet plus or minus, it was rather warm and 50% humidity that day. That is not great for a track at 30 feet above sea level So you would be darn close in similar conditions with less mods, you can drive DOGG. Can't wait for fall when the DA will get around 0 for both of us. Unless we get a lucky cold front (highly unlikely for me, its been 100 plus out here lately) HEHE.

If anyone needs to calculate their DA this is what I use --> http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php
I dont know about smoking you, lol. Youre car deff has some very good trap speed behind it. It must feel great up top[up]. Once it gets a little cooler and the DA drops some we will be set. Im still about 2000 ft above from when i went 13.4 stock. And the temp is about 30+/- degrees warmer. It is only a matter of time before someone goes 12s. If the weather is fair i plan on going this weds/fri depending on which day will be cooler.

cbdsm95gst
07-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Track elevation and heat is a SOB. I ran a 9 sec 1/8th at LACR and no more than 2 months later ran a 8 sec 8th at Perris raceway in socal. Big big difference.

Tek4ever
07-13-2009, 01:30 PM
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/US41 ETs 7.09.jpg
Finally had a chance to go and very happy with the results...especially since the DA yesterday was just under 2000. I tried to buy some toluene but the only thing I found was xylene. After talking to Kurt, it looks like it's not the same and I may have hurt my performance time.

US41 International Dragway in IN.

1.839 60ft
13.306 1/4 ET
104.23 Trap

I know for a fact that if I didn't run out of ice, and I can figure out how to get rid of the notchiness from 1st to 2nd w/ the JHM SS, I would have hit 13.20's yesterday. By the end of the night I was getting 1.7 60 ft's, but kept screwing up when shifting to 2nd gear.

I'm super happy...going from 13.8 <--(60 deg night), to potentially 13.2, is so huge!

And finally, I'm not at the bottom of the damn list anymore! Update me Justin!!! :) Getting a better scan image now. I'll attach it in a few minutes. I have the scanned image in my gallery...

jaybquick@JHM
07-13-2009, 03:06 PM
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/US41 ETs 7.09.jpg
Finally had a chance to go and very happy with the results...especially since the DA yesterday was just under 2000. I tried to buy some toluene but the only thing I found was xylene. After talking to Kurt, it looks like it's not the same and I may have hurt my performance time.

US41 International Dragway in IN.

1.839 60ft
13.306 1/4 ET
104.23 Trap

I know for a fact that if I didn't run out of ice, and I can figure out how to get rid of the notchiness from 1st to 2nd w/ the JHM SS, I would have hit 13.20's yesterday. By the end of the night I was getting 1.7 60 ft's, but kept screwing up when shifting to 2nd gear.

I'm super happy...going from 13.8 <--(60 deg night), to potentially 13.2, is so huge!

And finally, I'm not at the bottom of the damn list anymore! Update me Justin!!! :) Getting a better scan image now. I'll attach it in a few minutes. I have the scanned image in my gallery...

Glad to see the new parts helped out so much John. Very promising with that kind of DA. This Fall is going to have a LOT of guys running 12s, I can see it now and you should be one of them.

Good job on the 60fts, I can't get traction I have been considering another track but they are all 3 hours away and our local track is 1 hour away.

Oh and if you ever feel like draining the tank and running pure 100 plus then I can set you up with a nice race file, just let me know.

Keep it up man!

As for the shifter adjustment if it has a significant bounce/play to the left when in 2nd that means you have the shifter tilted just a hair too much to the passenger side when in neutral. If there is almost no wiggle in 2nd then you have the shifter tilted too much towards the drivers side. There should be a tiny bit of play and bounce from it that you feel from the linkage. If it is tight you are basically wedging it between the gate in the trans and the gate in the shifter. So you are probably darn close. Always double check you still have reverse, it is a fine line for the adjustment with our precision shifter. good luck.

Tek4ever
07-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Heya Jay -

Yep, it's hard to get the shifter just right. When I do get it perfect, I lose reverse! :) I'll play around with it again, hopefully this weekend I'll find the sweet spot.

It's definitely fun the be chasing the 12's; it never felt realistic, until now. JHM-FTW!

Looking forward to spank by buddy ('96 camaro SS lt1) who was consistently running a 13.6, the night I kept running a 13.8. It's amazing how much .2 tenths amounts to at the end of the track...sweet, sweet revenge! :)

Justincredible
07-14-2009, 03:40 AM
Great job you guys. But I need 2 good time slips for it to count.

Congrats Tek4ever dam that is a real big jump. Not to mention the weather was way hotter this time around. You can't say you went only 13.8 cause you were a bad driver the 60ft was good both times

Tek4ever
07-14-2009, 07:34 AM
I didn't need two for the 13.8...last place spot?!?! j/k ;)

I just added a 2nd one to my gallery.

sway
07-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Has anyone with aftermarket intak tried running with the passenger side headlight out? This is the best pic to show why I ask
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww61/swayhdez/DSC00325.jpg

When I removed my headlight, I peeked in and the whole intake was staring back at me. I'm curious as to see if that would help out with a 1/4 time.

cabracco85
07-18-2009, 12:01 AM
I have a new update for my 1/4 times.

60ft 1.78
330ft 5.404
1/8 8.397@81.94
1000 10.968
1/4 13.13@105.16

I also went 13.16 the pass before. The tracks timing system was messed up and the left lane wouldnt show mph. Or anything but the reaction, 60ft and 1/4 time. The 13.16 was on the left lane and i followed it up by doing the 13.13 on the right lane. I also have a 13.20 slip aswell. These runs were all on heavy rims and stock clutch.

I emailed the slips to you justin so you can post them for me. Thanks

Justincredible
07-18-2009, 03:23 AM
I sent you back a E mail about what you have to do. The track info was needed at the top. Just take a pic of each one on its own. If you want you can load them here on the site just do it threw your picture poster. But I will be happy to get them up if your having issues.

Captain Insano
07-18-2009, 05:38 AM
I have a new update for my 1/4 times.

60ft 1.78
330ft 5.404
1/8 8.397@81.94
1000 10.968
1/4 13.13@105.16

I also went 13.16 the pass before. The tracks timing system was messed up and the left lane wouldnt show mph. Or anything but the reaction, 60ft and 1/4 time. The 13.16 was on the left lane and i followed it up by doing the 13.13 on the right lane. I also have a 13.20 slip aswell. These runs were all on heavy rims and stock clutch.

I emailed the slips to you justin so you can post them for me. Thanks

Close. So close man. Great job on those runs.

cabracco85
07-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Close. So close man. Great job on those runs.

Thanks, one of these days i will get there.

mickf29
07-26-2009, 02:43 AM
2008 RS4, completely stock, except wheel color and trim color. Was a warm evening at the track. Went to Dragtimes.com and got a DA report for Portland International Raceway, tonight July 25th 2009. The DA value was 2062.

This was the first time ever I have drag raced. Alot to learn. I definitely babied the clutch, was worried about nuking it, its my daily driver too, and I am 230 miles from home.

Correcting for air density and humidity, the best run gave me:

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
13.51 @ 104.444 MPH

Here the top 6 runs I had, uncorrected:

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/P7260066-1.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/P7260067.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/P7260068.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/P7260069.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/P7260070.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/P7260071.jpg

Here is a picture of my car:

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/P7190012.jpg

sakimano
07-26-2009, 05:27 PM
^^^great addition

Tek4ever
07-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Had another go at it yesterday with Cabracco85. Can't win with temps, DA was 2400 yesterday (7.26.09) at US41 International Dragway.

I only made two passes, best pass results were:

1.750 60ft
5.4342 330
8.446 1/8
81.99 1/8
11.042 1000'
13.222 1/4
103.87 Trap

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/us41_7_26_09_da2400.jpg

JHM FTW! The car in the right lane was a newer, 06+ vette...it was very cool beating him. Yeah, probaby stock...still cool in my book :)

Todeshandler
07-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Incredible 60' Tek4ever [up][up][up][up] Nice driving! [drive]

cabracco85
07-27-2009, 12:29 PM
My times from yesterday was the following

13.17@104.95

break down of the slip
60ft 1.77
330 5.41
1/8 8.42@81.94
1000 11.00
1/4 13.17@104.95

That was at a DA of 2400ft

B6guy42
07-27-2009, 12:36 PM

13.17@104.95

break down of the slip
60ft 1.77
330 5.41
1/8 8.42@81.94
1000 11.00
1/4 13.17@104.95

Good times. Good trap. Congrats.

cabracco85
07-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Good times. Good trap. Congrats.
Thanks.[up]

B6guy42
07-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks.[up]

1.7 is quite impressive actually. Do you have a scan of the slip?I just want to see the full slip. I don't think you can do much better than that though.

dextrek
07-27-2009, 03:23 PM

13.17@104.95

break down of the slip
60ft 1.77
330 5.41
1/8 8.42@81.94
1000 11.00
1/4 13.17@104.95

What are your mods? If it's still stock, then you are an Awsome driver. If not, you're still an awsome driver.

jfunkey
07-27-2009, 03:34 PM
WOW congrats guys to run a 13.2 in 80 deg temps thats un herd of. Great times. I notice the JHM tune. One more vote for JHM for the N/A class

cabracco85
07-27-2009, 08:53 PM
1.7 is quite impressive actually. Do you have a scan of the slip?I just want to see the full slip. I don't think you can do much better than that though.
I know i can do better i just need to upgrade the clutch as it is still the stock unit. I think low 1.7 hi 1.6 are doable with the proper setup. I can scan the slip but im not sure how clear it will be or even how to post pics. Send me a PM with your email address and i can send you a scan.

cabracco85
07-27-2009, 08:56 PM
What are your mods? If it's still stock, then you are an Awsome driver. If not, you're still an awsome driver.
The only power adding mods are the JHM tune and catback with piggie pipes. I also have the JHM pulley(frees up power). intake spacers, JHM ss, JHM light front rotors, K&N filter. Pretty much thats it. i am also on rims that are heavier then stock. Stock clutch.

cabracco85
07-27-2009, 08:57 PM
WOW congrats guys to run a 13.2 in 80 deg temps thats un herd of. Great times. I notice the JHM tune. One more vote for JHM for the N/A classOnce the weather cools down, there are going to be a few guys running 12s[up][up]

sakimano
07-28-2009, 07:45 AM
WOW congrats guys to run a 13.2 in 80 deg temps thats un herd of. Great times. I notice the JHM tune. One more vote for JHM for the N/A class

would be nice to see a full Stasis car's slips. Any around? These boys seem to be the JHM devotees! Also, what happened to 91GL...?

mickf29
08-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Couldn't resist, nothing to do, so hopped in the car and headed to PIR again. BTW anyone know what Weatherman is in English? Liar. It was supposed to be 84 today, cool off from the 100+ temps this past week. Nope. Was 100 today. Was hoping to have some cool down from last weekend when my altitude equivalent runs were at ~2050 feet.

This weeks runs were altitude equivalent of 2313 feet! Damn hot. I have removed any reference to a DA conversion to avoid confusion at the advice of Justincredible. The actual times for my best run of the night, and ever, are in teh first slip posted below.

I am much happier this weekend with my runs, as I took some advice from several people (thanks twentyvalve, chris o, godfather jay). Finally broke 2.0 on my 60' times as well, 2x! I ran the tire pressure up at 44 this time, and definitely ran the rpm up to about 4500 to 5k each time, and feathered the clutch better I thought. my runs were quite consistent, and I think i am starting to run this car where it should be. I will let the slips speak for themselves below. I also let the RPM run to 7.8K to 8k before shifting this time, last week I was shifting at 7k to 7.2k rpm. I think I will hold off on any more dragging until early October, when the temps are way down in the 60's, and see what i can do then.

BTW I hooked up my exhaust valves again this morning, so my car is completely stock "performance" speaking. Not that the valves do anything for performance, but some people over on Quattroworld were saying I wasn't really stock because of that. problem solved. Unless the black wheels and black trim and LED's made me faster. I now think i can get a 12.9 in this car when the temps are better.

Other interesting info: if anyone ever wondered if the RS4 stock was faster than a 6.0L GTO with the LS2 motor, with intake and exhaust mods, the answer is yes. I had 2 solid runs with a very cool guy running his 2006 GTO, and we were very close, he was higher speed at the trap but he couldn't hook up like I could to start. 1/8th mile speeds we were even.

Fuel: 92 octane Shell V-Power
Track Temp: 89.1 @ 8pm
Humidity: 38%
Tire pressure: 44psi

Solo run:
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/PIR%20August%201st/P8010073.jpg

vs. Honda Civic:
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/PIR%20August%201st/P8010074.jpg

vs. Nissan Truck
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/PIR%20August%201st/P8010075.jpg

vs. GTO 6.0L modded run #1:
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/PIR%20August%201st/P8010076.jpg

vs. GTO 6.0L modded run #2:
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/PIR%20August%201st/P8010077.jpg

FarmerBob
08-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Nice runs Mick! Good to see some RS4's making the board. I didn't see the slip for the 13.123 @ 106.355 MPH run though?

Justincredible
08-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Finally broke 2.0 on my 60' times as well, 2x! I ran the tire pressure up at 44 this time, and definitely ran the rpm up to about 4500 to 5k each time, and feathered the clutch better I thought. my runs were quite consistent, and I think i am starting to run this car where it should be.

This technique will have you end up needing a new clutch. Feathering the clutch is just glazing the flywheel at 4000 RPM altho you were able to cut a better 60ft this was terrible advice by anyone that gave it to you. There have been several posts about what to do at the track.

Don't feather the clutch. Bring the clutch to the point of engagement then back off about 1" Rev to 3200RPM and QUICKLY either pop or pull your foot off the clutch pedal. This is the technique of many of the 1.8/1.7 60' people. What you have done is going to land you a burnt flywheel

mickf29
08-03-2009, 12:04 AM
FarmerBob: ignore that posted info about the adjusted speed and time due to DA conversion. It only confused things. Anyways it was hot out, and the car probably had some loss in performance due to this, draw your own conclusions. But for now 13.488 is my best 1/4mile time stock, regardless of temp or humidity :-)

Justincredible
08-03-2009, 12:23 AM
FarmerBob: ignore that posted info about the adjusted speed and time due to DA conversion. It only confused things. Anyways it was hot out, and the car probably had some loss in performance due to this, draw your own conclusions. But for now 13.488 is my best 1/4mile time stock, regardless of temp or humidity :-)

As we all know the conditions for mickf29 along with more visits to the track will result in much better results. Mickf29 seems committed and Im sure will go to the track when the da drops, so will im sure many others helping us see first hand how temps effect performance

Justincredible
08-03-2009, 01:15 AM
To clear up any issues in the future. We that come here and participate in the data collection are asked to only post direct info and not adjusted or possible times. We are all asked to follow the if it didn't happen and its not factual don't post it info.

There is nothing wrong with the I think the car has more in it kinda thing. But lets try to keep this as fact biased as possible for actual data collection

Tek4ever
08-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Heya Mickf -

I just noticed that even though my launch was better than yours, you were going faster than me at 1/8. I was going 81.99, you were at 82.2. I think if you try shifting quicker and power shift, on a cooler night you'll have your 12s. /cheers

mickf29
08-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Heya Mickf -

I just noticed that even though my launch was better than yours, you were going faster than me at 1/8. I was going 81.99, you were at 82.2. I think if you try shifting quicker and power shift, on a cooler night you'll have your 12s. /cheers

Well lets see if I can shift quicker next time, I am getting a JHM short shifter installed tomorrow! This winter a couple of us are going to port and polish the intake manifold, guys who did this in the UK are seeing huge gains from this little procedure, 2-3mph faster on the 1/4mil. One reported he was putting out 111mph with just this mod. Pretty much confirms how starved for air this engine is. Audi did a smart thing by going to dual 70mm intakes on this engine for the RS5. gave it 35 hp over the RS4, and that is the only engine difference I am told.

mickf29
08-03-2009, 11:34 AM
legend: C/B=cat back .... Dp's=down pipes ...(Nc)=no cats ... c C/B=custom cat back ... L/W=light weight ... Ro=rotors ... Rim=rims ... bbb= big bake kit ... CP= crank pulley ... IS Intake spacers ... CX= stage x 2..3.. clutch. FW=flywheel LW S/C supercharged.... NO2 Nitrous oxide
The * represents a improvement over past mods.
Times will be in this post The red info represents the best for that category for that class of car_____ blue is the fastest power assisted time for NOS, Turbo, Supercharger
driver_________year___trans___program_____________ mods_____________60ft____1/4mile___speed
Todeshandler___08/S4 __Man/6__ GIAC 94___ V/F S/C 5psi STaSIS C/B Avant.._1.91____ 13.02___. 107.08
JayBquick______05/S4__Man/6___JHM 93__ JHM IS,CP,LWFW,LWR,Nc,CB,clutch__1.85____ 13.03____.108.43
FarmerBob_____05/S4 __Man/6___JHM 93 ___ JHM intake spacers,LWFW clutch__1.84_____13.03____.105.91
Bhvrdr________ 04/S4 __Man/6___ APR 93__ APR Dp's, Milltek C/B L/W bbb......__ 1.86____ 13.20 ___ 103.17
TeK4ever*.____04/S4 __Man/6 __ JHM 93 ___ JHM,Ro,CP,C2.FI,DP,CB.LW rims..__ 1.83____ 13.30 ___.104.23
91gl _________ 04/S4 __Man/6__ REVO 93__ FI C/B LM Rep rims K&N Filter.......__ 1.89____ 13.38 ___ 102.55
Justincredible__ 05/S4__Auto/6__ JHM 93 __ Vast Dp's(Nc)C C/B L/W ro(JHM)rim __1.94___ .13.39 ___ 107.35
Trexturk _____ 04/S4___Man/6 __Stock 93__ Catless Dp's custom catback _____. 1.85____ 13.44 .___103.46
cabracco85 ___05/S4___Man/6___Stock 93 _ K&N filter and Flapper mod..........__ 1.83____ 13.46 ___ 102.72
TeK4ever _____04/S4 __Man/6___ GIAC 93___K&N ......................................__ 1.89____ 13.83 ____ 97.89
Mickf29______08/RS4___Man/6___Stock 93___Stock________________________. 2.10____.13.83_____101.8

So based on my last timeslip post, can you update mine with the new best times?

Run #1
60ft: 2.014
1/4: 13.488
1/4 mph: 103.41

Those are all uncorrected, actual times off the slip posted (first slip). I had 5 more runs all very close to this as well, corroborating this. Best 60' was 1.936, but the not on this run. Best 1/4mph was 103.71, but not on this run. Not sure what you are selecting as "best" here, but each of those parameters are on 3 different runs, go figure. I believe you are really looking for the one with the best time, which is the one above, Run #1.

Fortunately or unfortunately, this will probably be my last stock runs. I was hoping to get some stock runs in when it was cooler, but I am having the JHM shifter, ECS H-Pipe and an H&R rear sway put in tomorrow. I did want to see if I could get under 13 stock in cooler weather. 90 degrees is bad for drag times.

jfunkey
08-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Not a bad time for the second time at the track. Its all there for you. Just remember its always easer to launch at higher RPM's with more practice and better temps you will be teaching the other RS4 owners how to do it.

Here is some back data for you to think about

A RS4 and a S4 are with in about 100lbs of each.
The RS4 has a final gear of a 4:10 and the S4 of a 3:83

There are several S4's in the 1.8 60'
cabracco85 & Tek4ever have claimed to get 1.7 and how did they do that. They launched at 3500 RPM

To further educate you. the power and tq curve of the RS4 and the S4 are the same at 3500 RPM.

Further more the tq falls off in both the RS4 and the S4 past 4000 RPM By more then 25tq.

So the S4 can get a 1.8 60' launching at 3500. But your saying that with the same Tq and Hp at about the same weight and better gear ratio you can't get a 1.8 60' at 3500RPM

The people you got your info from are 2.7T guys and that is what they have to do to get good 60'

Justincredible
08-04-2009, 12:57 AM
There is truth in what Jfunkey wrote

The RS4 and the S4 have the Exact Tq and Hp at 3500 RPM so there is no reason why a S4 can cut a 1.8 60' and you can't in the RS4. Go back to the 1/4 mile list cabarocco did it with filter and air box modification. If you further wish to argue the point. I get better 60's then you and I have a automatic and launch well below 2000.

As soon as you clean up your threads I'm happy to do the same guys this is an exciting time for us all lets not let some misunderstandings between enthusiasts ruin the thread. Ive spoken to everyone that has an issue and you guys are all on the same side. Great job cleaning out the thread guys, lets all work together

sakimano
08-04-2009, 08:29 AM
wow...

anyway, shouldn't this be the time on the list?

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/PIR%20August%201st/P8010073.jpg

quite a bit better than

Mickf29______08/RS4___Man/6___Stock 93___Stock________________________. 2.10____.13.83_____101.8

Justincredible
08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
So far mickf29 has made great strides to clean the thread of any unneeded or emotional responses to the original situation that started this thread on a down turn. So Jfunkey and others I ask at this time you do the same.

This is not a pissing match we all come here to get and share info. This is not a grand standing competition. I have been able to moderate the thread with mickf29's help, I assume and expect to get the same respect back from the other members that use and enjoy the info here.

Let this be said. This list is not ANYONES right, just cause you posted the info to get updated. If you don't treat the other members with respect and don't or are unable to get along with the other members like an adult you won't be treated as one. If you can't or don't follow the rules don't expect me to feed any bad or childish actions. Also just as mickf29 made a mistake realized, adjusted and eliminated any emotional response U accept others will do the same.

Now that we have moderated the post lets get back to it. I accept to see this be a different post this time tomorrow. So far mickf29 has made large strides to straighten things out I accept others to do the same

jfunkey
08-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Bro the issue is info and keeping it corrected.

There was a time when people attacked Brvdr and said his times were bogas cause other people couldn't acheve the same things.

There have been several posts about how the B6/7 can't go 12's with bolt ons.

There was like a 5 page thread how a B6 couldn't do this
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/JHM-Launching-part-2-V-B6_692046.htm

This conversation has happened several times before. Maybe your right about the RS4 but the facts and figgures all look to be there.

cabracco85
08-04-2009, 04:02 PM
OK I think first there is some confusion here on many peoples parts. First mine, I posted and didn't realize this was such a formalized attempt at posting times. I put in a small line item that said what it could be with a cooler temp, but again, I did not say this was actual, nor did I expect it to be listed that way. Just info i thought was useful for comparison sake.

Second, I have posted two full sets of timeslips on here. One on page 2, which is from 10 days ago, and one on page 3, which is 3 days ago. I think there is confusion that Page 3 is a repost of page 2. It is not. This is why i simply and I thought nicely asked Justin to update the times then, as I thought you were disregarding that entire post because of the one line in there where I said this is what it would have been with the DA adjustment.

Only other issue I have is that a few of you keep saying 60' times are 1.8 in an S4, but I see this absolutely nowhere. I have asked many other RS4 owners and none of them who had their car out at the track, ran 12.9 and 13.0 runs stock, none of them had a time under 1.9 in a 60'. So just for future reference, this thread is not the only group of people running cars. If you read my post, i said completely stock, not modified. Airbox, whatever, its modified. Until someone actually posts a slip with a 60' under 1.9 for a stock S4 or RS4, I won't believe it because i have two conflicting reports. One here says yeah it can be done, but no proof of it, or the proof is modified, not stock. The other is a set of slips from myself and many other RS4 owners, all confirming nobody we know of has ever gone below 1.9 completely stock.

Anyways that's all I have, I state the paragraph above not in an argumentative fashion, but only to share the info I have and give my experience and knowledge from many others. If you have gone sub 1.9 completely stock, please let me know and show me the proof, I would love to know it can be done, but until then i am a skeptic, because nobody has done it and recorded it properly in a stock RS4.

As far as the "squeeze your head" comment, yeah it was unacceptable, but when someone I don't know starts piling on calling me mr bogus and whatever else, without even being involved, well you know what happens when people open their mouths and start name calling. It comes back. I posted all my slips and a pic of the car correctly, gave 5 or 6 verified slips to corroborate, and there is no mystery about what i actually did. So that is far from bogus if you ask me.

This whole issue would have been a non issue if instead of saying "he posted that info to make himself feel better about himself" you had just emailed me and said "we don't want that info in the posts because it causes confusion, i would have happily removed it. Instead I saw it as name calling and of course I am going to get pissed about it. Also part of teh issue again is i think you thought the second set of timeslips I posted was a repeat of the first set, with me just adding in the DA info, when it was really a new set of runs from a subsequent weekend. Honest mistake, I understand why you may have thought I was reposting and being a jackass, but just like you asked me, read a bit more closely or just come to me in email and ask me whats up, instead of making escalating comments.

I am ready to move on if everyone else is.

I was able to pull low 1.8 60fts all day long when my car was stock. Now that i have a few mods i can get 1.7s. And guess what they were in weather just as hot and DA actually higher then yours. If you would like to meet up at a track i can give you some pointers on how to get low 1.8s with a rs4 maybe even better since they make more power then a s4. Maybe instead of adding more power you should practice launching the car. If you cant get it out of the hole now what makes you think more power will get it out of the hole any better? Also i have cut many 1.7 60fts and i am on the STOCK CLUTCH. there are not many poeple that are pulling 60fts like me let alone on the stock clutch. The whole point of this is that an rs4 stock can do a 1.8 60ft, just need the right driver. Or maybe you should do some more practice. And if anyone that is local and has a rs4 i will gladly make a few passes down the drag strip for them. Anyone that wants to do this just send me an IM.[up]

sakimano
08-04-2009, 04:25 PM
if anyone that is local and has a rs4 i will gladly make a few passes down the drag strip for them. Anyone that wants to do this just send me an IM.[up]

hired gun [:D]

mickf29
08-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the offer, I would love to get some on track tips. I am not saying it can't be done, i only said nobody I know hits the track with their RS4 has ever done it, and only a couple who said they did do it have never really validated it.

I am going to make a few more tries at it this weekend, see if I can get a sub 1.9, try some other techniques. Really I am only doing this drag stuff for validation of mods when I do start them. More fun to be had lapping in my mind. but this is definitely a kick too!

I read someone put a really nice Sachs clutch with lightened flywheel in their RS4 and they love it. They haven't had it out yet, but apparently they can really feel the difference.

And yeah, i do need alot more practice! BTW got any slips showing the sub 1.9sec 60' on your stock S4?

cabracco85
08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the offer, I would love to get some on track tips. I am not saying it can't be done, i only said nobody I know hits the track with their RS4 has ever done it, and only a couple who said they did do it have never really validated it.

I am going to make a few more tries at it this weekend, see if I can get a sub 1.9, try some other techniques. Really I am only doing this drag stuff for validation of mods when I do start them. More fun to be had lapping in my mind. but this is definitely a kick too!

I read someone put a really nice Sachs clutch with lightened flywheel in their RS4 and they love it. They haven't had it out yet, but apparently they can really feel the difference.

And yeah, i do need alot more practice! BTW got any slips showing the sub 1.9sec 60' on your stock S4?
I have alot of them. i have alot of 1.7s too(not stock). send me your email and i can send you some scans

cabracco85
08-04-2009, 04:41 PM
hired gun [:D]
I will drive any type of car that someone wants me to give it a try. Weather i do better then the owner or others doesnt matter to me since it will be fun[:)]

mickf29
08-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Agreed!

jfunkey
08-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Great now were all friends again.

Cabarocco is the man. If he can't get a car to 60' then its not going to happen. Bro your new in the RS4 give it time. Reall excited to see better times. so nice to see a guy with a RS4 track his car. Now you need to get some video so we can enjoy it with you.

sway
08-04-2009, 06:46 PM
You are assuming you are the "right" person. It is so unbelievably arrogant what you just stated. All others are wrong because you are right. Audizine B6/B7 S4/RS4 1/4mile thread is not the only source of valid information on this planet. Just because there are differing opinions does not mean they are all wrong except the one you subscribe to. i don't mind taking advice from people, but not when that person tells me first my whole post and method is bogus, calls me names, berates my friends for being the ones who are wrong, and gets upset that I won't subscribe to his version of 1/4 mile supremacy.

I have nothing more to discuss with you, jfunky, so don't waste your typing energy.

Don't take that the wrong guy, Jfunkey is one of the good guys here on this site. I always have friends that know about cars trying to give me advice and help, but this car is different and they don't understand it as well as some of these guys. No matter how it might have sounded, take some time to listen to some of this advice and try for yourself and see if it works.

jfunkey
08-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Don't take that the wrong guy, Jfunkey is one of the good guys here on this site. I always have friends that know about cars trying to give me advice and help, but this car is different and they don't understand it as well as some of these guys. No matter how it might have sounded, take some time to listen to some of this advice and try for yourself and see if it works.

Thanks sway its clear he isn't interested in anything other then what he thinks. He hasn't been doing anything but arguing with himself sene this started. For someone that dosn't care about this 1/4 data info he sure is going on about it. The funny thing is the people that care are speaking out. Some peope wouldn't know good info if it fell on them.

With the facts out there you just can't help peolpe who are all about them self and not the facts. Thus the attacks and endless rants. Dam this was a nice thread too.

F it. Im going to follow your way of thinking, and go ask a blind person for directions and see if he can tell me what it looks like in florida. Since they have never seen it and cant they are the ones I sould ask

But you already got it worked out with your 20 posts. ha haha what ever. You should keep bashing me cause I hit the report button. The funny thing is all this started off by people not following the rules..

Ive edited my post and will continue to do so in the spirit of the thread and respect for all the guys that come here for info. There is still some stuff left for others to clean up.

hot2trots4
08-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Can't we all just get along and let this thread just be about posting times, mod lists and conditions????

I think corrected times are NOT a good way to go. Anything in theory causes more drama and speculation. I figure if you are serious enough about running a good number, then you should weather watch, work on cooling off procedures, perfect launching, get better at shifting, find the optimal shift points for each gear, optimize tire air pressure, etc. You can go a long way with just experience and seat time with your car at a given track.

It is much easier to launch at 5000 rpm than it is to launch at 3500rpm, it just takes time patience and skill. I have seen many people made to look like fools for making such blanket statements. Tire compound, Tire pressure, track prep, temp, humidity, time of day or night, launch technique and many other factors play into traction. So you can NEVER say you can't launch at XXXX rpm unless you have been at that exact track in the exact same conditions. Such assumptions show ignorance in the world of drag racing. For example, many B5 guys over the years with tracks that don't hook well launch at 3000 to 3500rpm and others at better tracks launch at 5000rpm plus. There is a HUGE discrepency. Also the driver is a huge factor, many say it can't be done but the BOTTOM LINE is that many people just can't do it. So since they can't their ego makes them claim it can't be done. That would be like saying that it is impossible to dunk a basketball on a 10ft hoop just because you couldn't, however we all know this is not true. I hope that analogy clears it up, since driving a car is a skill that is part talent and part experience just like any other sport.

One piece of advice I have is that if you want your clutch to live with hard launches in an AWD car then NEVER do a launch where you slip the clutch. Unless of course you have a 6 puck race clutch that loves the heat. 95% of clutches will not last long doing this on an AWD car. The best way I have found is by "shocking" the tires and getting them to spin some. I would rather put extra wear on my tires, than extra wear on my clutch. Tire replacement labor is a lot cheaper than clutch labor. I know some worry about driveline damage, but this is usually caused from wheel hop (car shaking violently) which is usually from too soft of a shock or a worn shock.

Years ago many people said that it was IMPOSSIBLE to cut a 1.7 60ft, 1.6 60ft, 1.5 60ft etc without slicks. This was said for years. Now all those barriers have been broken. Even street cars on street tires have cut 1.7 60fts (cabracco for example here in the B6/B7 Section). So I think making blanket statements will make you look like a fool and that is what the others like Jfunky are trying to save you from doing.

My .02

<resume thread>

mickf29
08-08-2009, 12:08 AM
New run tonight, will post slip later:

60': 1.884
1/8th: 8.61
1/4 mile: 13.403
1/4mile mph: 102.8

1/4mile speed was a bit slow, not the best 2nd to 3rd shift. But super happy with the 60', broke 1.9sec. Revved at 3900rpm for launch.

temp was ~74degs out. Didn't do anymore runs, it was motorcycle night so not a lot of chances to go. I was hoping to go again, was sure with some better shifts I would have had 13.1 or so. I was a full 1mph below my best top speed.

Tek4ever
08-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Nice...congratz breaking ino the 1.8's :)

FarmerBob
08-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Nice runs Mick.

mickf29
08-12-2009, 05:01 PM
X-Post from QuattroWorld

http://forums.quattroworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/11271.phtml

now this is feathering!

jfunkey
08-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Bro that just went loose when your boy drove the car. All the launching at 5k+ started to destroy that long before that happened. My advice wasn't to be a dick but to prevent that. It only takes a few high RPM launches to start breaking down that material.

The good news is you get to upgrade your clutch and shoot for those 12's. I would check around before you get the clutch from the dealer. There are several performance shops that might be able to get you a better deal. Both parts and labor

FarmerBob
08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
What Jfunky said... Mick, do yourself a favor and call JHM and send him your parts before plunking down $3200 for this job at the dealer. You will do the RS4 community a great service b/c from your car will then spring a JHM lightweight flywheel for the RS4, plus a disc with much better and grippier material (new JHM RS4 clutch package), and the loss of much weight and rotational mass. Your RS4 will be able to launch harder (although 5K rpm clutch drops aren't really necessary to get the best time), will spool up and rev faster, and will be more durable than sticking back in OEM dealer parts. The dealer parts will also be more expensive to boot. Just a thought outside the box.

sakimano
08-12-2009, 08:22 PM
too late...sounds like he already replaced it

sorry to see that Micksauce. Gross. I can smell the smell from here...

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/IMG00022-20090812-1206.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/IMG00024-20090812-1207.jpg

mickf29
08-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Can't do it. Only 17k miles on car, 3 years, 33k left on warranty. I was going to put in the Sachs lightweight flywheel and 550nm clutch, but they said if it goes in, warranty is void on the tranny and engine. So will have to wait for a few years. I will just find another friend to nuke the clutch about warranty time.

cabracco85
08-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Can't do it. Only 17k miles on car, 3 years, 33k left on warranty. I was going to put in the Sachs lightweight flywheel and 550nm clutch, but they said if it goes in, warranty is void on the tranny and engine. So will have to wait for a few years. I will just find another friend to nuke the clutch about warranty time.
So did they take all of your old trashed components when they replaced them? Or can you get them? If you can get them, you could send all of it to JHM and by the time you need another new clutch they will have a good setup ready.

Justincredible
08-12-2009, 10:00 PM
lol well played and +1 for the warranty. Well now you know the limit of the stock clutch

mickf29
08-12-2009, 11:28 PM
So did they take all of your old trashed components when they replaced them? Or can you get them? If you can get them, you could send all of it to JHM and by the time you need another new clutch they will have a good setup ready.

I can request all the parts when I pick up the car tomorrow.

cabracco85
08-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I can request all the parts when I pick up the car tomorrow.Well if you can get all the parts including the flywheel, presure plate, disk. Im sure JHM would like them so they could get something going for the rs4.[up]

Justincredible
08-13-2009, 12:33 AM
ya hey mickf29 that might not be a bad Idea for you. I'm sure they would be happy to take care of you on the parts and don't see why they wouldn't hook you up when it comes time for a new clutch. Try them out.

With you being into the 1/4 mile tracking of your car I'm sure they would be happy to work with you.

Try them out and let us know.

mickf29
08-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Here is the slip from my best run yet, at least in terms of 60' and 1/4 mile time. Speed was not up where it should have been, due to early shifting between 2nd and 3rd. I didn't run out to full rpm like I should have. BTW I am car 752F at PIR. Right side on the slip. left side was an older mustang 5.0 if anyone is interested.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/MickFlanigan/IMG.jpg

Silver B6 S4
08-14-2009, 03:47 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304792

Fastest N/A B6!!![up][up]

jaybquick@JHM
08-14-2009, 05:46 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304792

Fastest N/A B6!!![up][up]

HAHA. Thanks for beating me to it.

Justin please update our car on your list.

Justincredible
08-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Congrats to the new times for everyone.

Please notice that a RS4 section has been put in. This is for the RS4 guys that might want to have there own list. Its easy enough to compare between to two if people still wish

Tek4ever
08-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi Justin -

If it's not too much trouble, please update the list with my best posted time that's on page 3...or, just below as well.

60' 1.750
1/4 13.22
Trap 103.87

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk266/tek4ever/726092400DA-2.jpg

sway
08-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Hi Justin -

If it's not too much trouble, please update the list with my best posted time that's on page 3...or, just below as well.

60' 1.750
1/4 13.22
Trap 103.87

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk266/tek4ever/726092400DA-2.jpg

Awesome 60'. How are you launching?

Tek4ever
08-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Awesome 60'. How are you launching?

Thank you sway [drive]

Pressing the clutch all the way down. WOT and about a second later,(pausing for about a second, I'm right around 3-3500 rpm when I release the clutch) raise the clutch as fast as possible.

beemercer
09-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Here's mine from Friday, definitely can do better;

I'm car 746
60': 1.868
1320': 13.672
Trap: 102.2

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/0906090450a.jpg

That's a cellphone picture, if you want I can grab a better one.

Tek4ever
09-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Good job beemer. I agree, I bet you post better times your next trip. Nice trap!

hot2trots4
09-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Good job Beemercer. With some more seat time and some fall temps you will definitely pick up for sure.

beemercer
09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Good job Beemercer. With some more seat time and some fall temps you will definitely pick up for sure.

Thanks guys i appreciate the kind words. I'll be going up for a test and tune soon so I'll be able to get in 10-15 runs and I'm gonna work everything out. I'm hoping for a 1.8/13.2/105 run before the snow comes.

91gl
09-10-2009, 09:36 AM
heres mine from the start of the summer, im on the right, chipped 335ix on the left.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/91gl/IMG_0235.jpg?t=1252596908

drew
09-10-2009, 11:07 AM
heres mine from the start of the summer, im on the right, chipped 335ix on the left.

nice job[up]

beemercer
09-10-2009, 11:44 AM

Good job out-trapping the 335xi, his lil baby turbos must've been gasping for air. And a 105.74 is a great trap for a nearly 2 second 60'. 4th gear must've killed you though (like it does to us all) since you were really reeling him at the 660' (look at the difference in trap speeds).

vwrcer
09-22-2009, 07:48 PM
My 05 s4 avant stage 2 pes jhm intake spacers,lw pulley no dyno #s with 7 lb pulley get those tomorrow was 340whp with 5lb This run is with 7lb and strat intake pulley and custom mandrel 3" downpipes and exhaust and Claar is me havent seen any faster yet . http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/0919092330.jpg

jfunkey
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Good time boss but with out 2 time slips and a video your not going to be reconized as the fastest.

Not to bust you up but I can post a fast time slip too if I want. it just wouldn't be from my S4.

Like I said good job but to be fair and get on the top of the list you are going to have to put out more proof then that

vwrcer
09-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Well i only own one car with a motor in it and vid is to come got lucky and track was open for street cars on sat usually just fri nights and if you look up my info you will see my name and its on the slip sorry i have no need to bs and dont care if anyone believes.Just putting it out there for all the people saying that the PES charger isnt all that and was installed in my driveway not in anyones shop.http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/0904091752.jpg

drew
09-23-2009, 12:21 AM
^ good job.

B6guy42
09-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Where is your front mount intercooler? I only see a stock radiator, and the intercooler circulation pump is on the opposite side as mine....good time though. Very impressive.

whartung
09-23-2009, 08:49 AM
excellent time. I dont need half a dozen time slips to believe that. Plus, we all know the PES kits have the ability to run 12.7's, and 110 is not unreasonable. In fact, its still a bit low even. So I'll believe it. Is the car 6mt?

Where is your front mount intercooler? I only see a stock radiator, and the intercooler circulation pump is on the opposite side as mine....good time though. Very impressive.

correct me if i'm wrong, but your car hasnt got a fmic either. none of the supercharger systems available do. in your car, air runs from the intake, into the supercharger, into the air-to-water intercooler on top of the s/c,, then into the runners, and then into the heads. there is no fmic anywhere in the system, on your car, or on his...

Jdubya
09-23-2009, 09:12 AM
excellent time. I dont need half a dozen time slips to believe that. Plus, we all know the PES kits have the ability to run 12.7's, and 110 is not unreasonable. In fact, its still a bit low even. So I'll believe it. Is the car 6mt?

correct me if i'm wrong, but your car hasnt got a fmic either. none of the supercharger systems available do. in your car, air runs from the intake, into the supercharger, into the air-to-water intercooler on top of the s/c,, then into the runners, and then into the heads. there is no fmic anywhere in the system, on your car, or on his...

Air/water intercoolers still need a heat exchanger. Maybe that's what he means.

B6guy42
09-23-2009, 12:25 PM

Might be a heat exchange, but coolant flows through here, there is also one on the inside of the unit itself.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt244/AnthonyLombardi2007/intercooler.jpg

beemercer
09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Air/water intercoolers still need a heat exchanger. Maybe that's what he means.

x2, you need to bring that heat somewhere.

B6guy42
09-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Might be a heat exchange, but coolant flows through here, there is also one on the inside of the unit itself.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt244/AnthonyLombardi2007/intercooler.jpg

Looks like an intercooler to me. STILL Learning. LOL

jfunkey
09-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Well i only own one car with a motor in it and vid is to come got lucky and track was open for street cars on sat usually just fri nights and if you look up my info you will see my name and its on the slip sorry i have no need to bs and dont care if anyone believes.Just putting it out there for all the people saying that the PES charger isnt all that and was installed in my driveway not in anyones shop.]

Bro Im all for the info. Bring it please. But with all the back and forth between the VF and PES kits. It would be unfair if there was not proper documentation for this. Also if you want to be the top spot your going to NEED video proof.

B6guy42
09-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I think his one timeslip is good enough, and that is not biased. I woul dsay that to a VF guy or MTM guy also. I am concerned for him though. The small intercooler in the top of the car is NOT enough to keep the temps down. With the fac tthat the OP posted he was running the kit with the JHM spacers, I don't see how thats even possible. They were too thick for my hood to close with them on, plus they are the wrong cut outs for the manifold (SC) It CAN work, but would like ot know if the OP has them on or not, if so they would be showing in between the runners for the manifold. I too would love to put them back on.

vwrcer
09-23-2009, 07:18 PM
It is a 6mt avant and was full weight spare and all i believe run what you brung then you know what it will do always.I put a different heat exchanger on it more than double the size of one that vcame with kit i built turbo cars so bigger is better.Had to clearance the bumper but fits cleanly behind cover and bumper rebar is still there.http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/0824091739b.jpg
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/0824091915.jpg

sway
09-23-2009, 08:38 PM
The rule from the beginning has always been 2 time slips, but the vid would be awesome. Good job man!!!!

jfunkey
09-23-2009, 08:54 PM
The rule from the beginning has always been 2 time slips, but the vid would be awesome. Good job man!!!!

Same l want to see the vid. not that I think your talking $h1t. But its best we stick to the rules

B6guy42
09-23-2009, 09:10 PM
It is a 6mt avant and was full weight spare and all i believe run what you brung then you know what it will do always.I put a different heat exchanger on it more than double the size of one that vcame with kit i built turbo cars so bigger is better.Had to clearance the bumper but fits cleanly behind cover and bumper rebar is still there.http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/0824091739b.jpg
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/0824091915.jpg

NICE< I was wondering where it was! You must be running really cool now. Good times.

vwrcer
09-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Ok so here are the two timeslips the first run was a 13.00 @108 shifting at 7300rpm remembered power dropped off after 6300 so decided to shift at 6500 and it worked told myself on way to strip if i got a 12.99 or better ide stop for the night so here are the 2 slips should get back to track next week if no rainhttp://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/0923092301.jpg

Justincredible
09-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Great job vwrcer

Nice to see the 2 slips thanks for that. did you say you had video as well?

This looks to be more inline with what the S/C cars would be running. I'm waiting for a few other people to get me there time slips and or post them up as well. so we can make sure we stick to the rules.

vwrcer
09-24-2009, 04:39 AM
When i go to the track next week try to get a friend to go and get video i myself would like to have more 12sec timeslips.

sakimano
09-24-2009, 07:58 AM
what's the two timeslip rule all about?

if someone's going to post a fake timeslip, why couldn't they just post two fake timeslips?

if someone runs 11.9, and they only get one run in because it's hot, or because it's too busy, are we going to say it didn't count? Just trying to understand the rules.

p.s.

Just putting it out there for all the people saying that the PES charger isnt all that and was installed in my driveway not in anyones shop

[o_o]

Justincredible
09-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Sakimano great questions let me touch on them.

I am for the honer system and most of this is biased off that. The 2 time slips offers several things along with keeping it more honest.

1 if you are going to fake a time slip you will have to now work twice as hard
2 it stops people from using the possible faster time in the next lane as there time
3 the 2 time slips with in .2tenths are part of the NHRA rules for setting a record. We don't need it to be with in .2tenth of each other but it is a good thing to have. A little more fraud proof
4 it helps give an over all idea of how consistent the car is

The way I look at it is there are people out there that are looking to lie and cheat for on line status

In the end it just makes it a little more legitimate. With all the work by say VF and PES the S/C battle is obviously going to continue to grow. The more proof the more legitimate our records are. Holding ourselves to this higher standard puts the rules out there for everyone.

Bottom line I look at it like this. With as undependable as the dyno is for several people, this seems to be the measuring stick. Best to keep the measuring stick and its rules solid, For as hard as you, or anyone worked to get performance out of there car and a solid 1/4 mile time. We are all working to make sure its legitimate.

Video obviously clears all doubt. But with the video you still need your ONE time slip to prove it was you. If your breaking a current record it would be very respectful and obviously entertaining to provide a video.

If you went to the track getting 2 time slips and providing them should not be an issue. None of the rules should be an issue if you truly went to the track.

I ask that everyone that goes and doesn't get video that you make every effort to show you were at the track Possibly with a pic of your car and your slips at the track.

Do I think we Need all this..No because most of us are completely stand up and honest. But it will clear all doubt and squash any debate against anyone's times if we follow the rules. I don't want Anyone's good time to be questioned and put a bad mark on the accomplishments because of doubt. This system helps clear that possible doubt by some

jfunkey
09-24-2009, 01:33 PM
ya bro its not like we need a blood sample. But I don't want to go bust my ass to get a good time and have some duschbag post up some random slip because he can't get it done.

sear
09-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Sakimano great questions let me touch on them.

I am for the honer system and most of this is biased off that. The 2 time slips offers several things along with keeping it more honest.

1 if you are going to fake a time slip you will have to now work twice as hard
2 it stops people from using the possible faster time in the next lane as there time
3 the 2 time slips with in .2tenths are part of the NHRA rules for setting a record. We don't need it to be with in .2tenth of each other but it is a good thing to have. A little more fraud proof
4 it helps give an over all idea of how consistent the car is

The way I look at it is there are people out there that are looking to lie and cheat for on line status

In the end it just makes it a little more legitimate. With all the work by say VF and PES the S/C battle is obviously going to continue to grow. The more proof the more legitimate our records are. Holding ourselves to this higher standard puts the rules out there for everyone.

Bottom line I look at it like this. With as undependable as the dyno is for several people, this seems to be the measuring stick. Best to keep the measuring stick and its rules solid, For as hard as you, or anyone worked to get performance out of there car and a solid 1/4 mile time. We are all working to make sure its legitimate.

Video obviously clears all doubt. But with the video you still need your ONE time slip to prove it was you. If your breaking a current record it would be very respectful and obviously entertaining to provide a video.

If you went to the track getting 2 time slips and providing them should not be an issue. None of the rules should be an issue if you truly went to the track.

I ask that everyone that goes and doesn't get video that you make every effort to show you were at the track Possibly with a pic of your car and your slips at the track.

Do I think we Need all this..No because most of us are completely stand up and honest. But it will clear all doubt and squash any debate against anyone's times if we follow the rules. I don't want Anyone's good time to be questioned and put a bad mark on the accomplishments because of doubt. This system helps clear that possible doubt by some

From reading JUST this response it sounds like the rules are:
1) two time slips OR
2) at least one time slip + video OR
3) at least one time slip + picture (of car & time slips)

Not saying this is right or wrong, just trying to understand the rules better. I think the above summarizes expectations for offical postings. I too was confused about the two slip rule and what alternatives were acceptable.

Justincredible
09-25-2009, 12:42 AM
From reading JUST this response it sounds like the rules are:
1) two time slips OR
2) at least one time slip + video OR
3) at least one time slip + picture (of car & time slips)

Not saying this is right or wrong, just trying to understand the rules better. I think the above summarizes expectations for offical postings. I too was confused about the two slip rule and what alternatives were acceptable.

Sear,

Great question too.

I know the guys that start to challenge the times are going to want to make sure the time that beats them are legit. No one wants to have there time be questioned and this will start to happen as time goes on. So I really want to set the president now.

1 yes, two time slips makes it a little more fraud proof. sakimano is right if you can make one fake slip you can make two. but its going to be twice as hard.

2 knowing that people can just make there own slip. It is strongly suggested and highly asked that if you do beat the best time that you go above and beyond to prove the legitimacy of the run. If you come to the site often and are going to attempt to be one of the fastest cars then you should be quite conscious of the responsibility to bare proof.

3 the best thing to do is to grab proof. Video and the corresponding time slip will be good enough for any of the spots but will become mandatory at some point in time for the top spots.

The current group is set and all verified. I have do doubt that the PES car was able to run the time it did.

However there was a situation where the PES car not too long ago went 12.97 @ and there was no time. This unforchunately will not go in the list. with out a full run info there is no data for me to put in and thus does not qualify.

So to sum it up

1 two slips for any average time or
2 one slip and a video. or if you only got one pas and no video
3 one slip and at least take a camera pic of your car at the track and the slip
4 if you have broken the top spot record You do need video.
Lets face it at this point going mid 12's is an event we all would like to share. So this is obviously a dual bonus

For me with all the issues and arguments about the dyno. Making this fool proof is best for us. I know its not fool proof but these things take lots of the possible questions about validity of a run and the time out of the equation

Swanky
09-25-2009, 09:01 AM
However there was a situation where the PES car not too long ago went 12.97 @ and there was no time. This unforchunately will not go in the list. with out a full run info there is no data for me to put in and thus does not qualify.

that is too bad because that guy provided 2 timeslips AND a great video of his record breaking run clearly showing the results on the board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs8757iq6HE

there is no question he followed the rules and there is no question he set the record at that time. with all of the bs floating around, people that actually follow rules shouldn't be disposed because of something outside of their control. there are always grey areas and all that means is common sense is required to do what is right.

JB_ImolaS4
09-25-2009, 11:05 AM
The current group is set and all verified. I have do doubt that the PES car was able to run the time it did.

Are you referring to my car which had no trap speed? I ran a 12.958, but I'm assuming you mean me. As I said in my original post in a thread that somehow went downhill, resulting in it being locked, I attached a link to the video of the run as well as a picture of the timeslip. Unfortunately, that lane was not displaying trap speed (would've been good to know), as could clearly be verified in both the video and the timeslip. I posted a second timeslip--of the only run I got in the other lane (with a working trap speed) to give the community an idea of what this car was trapping. Anyways, I don't really care about making the leader board one way or the other, the bottom line is the 12.958 run had no trap speed, but I figured I'd get the facts straight here for the community.

And thanks Swanky for supporting sound documentation and data on these boards. Tried the best I could with the circumstances I had.

Justincredible
09-25-2009, 11:55 AM
that is too bad because that guy provided 2 timeslips AND a great video of his record breaking run clearly showing the results on the board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs8757iq6HE

there is no question he followed the rules and there is no question he set the record at that time. with all of the bs floating around, people that actually follow rules shouldn't be disposed because of something outside of their control. there are always grey areas and all that means is common sense is required to do what is right.

I 100% agree. Also when I used the reference time I meant MHP/time/60ft all of it.

Where there is Grey area the common sense approach to do what is right, is to refer back to the fastest fully documented time. This way there is no Grey area

I'm more then happy to post the time you have full representation for and I don't dispute for even a second that the 12 sec pass was fast or a great run, or even a 12 sec pass. Obviously you will always be documented as the first 12 sec pass in the S/C class for sure.

Your situation is one of the time slip don't give a MHP. I can't just fill in a guesstimate MPH. Your situation was effected by the time keeper and because of that there is nothing we can do to put a full official time up for you. Im not disputing for even a sec that this sucks.

Its clear you have a fast well built 12 sec car. Much faster then what your current 12 sec time is. Using your situation as the example as I was in the above post. I'm saying in these cases we are going to just default to the next fastest fully documented time.

Look P.M. me. if your not going to get back to the track. We can just consider putting your time like 12.97 @ XXX MPH. (obviously filling in all the correct info less the missing MHP that will be noted by XXX) I really want to keep the times complete but with the fact that you are the first fastest S/C car I think we can make an exception.

That being said I don't think we should continue to keep this as a common practice.

Thoughts

Prtaick
09-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Justincredible, I have a feeling that your going to be updating the list alot in the next coming months.

Justincredible
09-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Justincredible, I have a feeling that your going to be updating the list alot in the next coming months.
It sounds like if you got off your back side and got your car together we might be putting up some 11 sec time slips?

Not only that but so far the PES cars are not even running at full stride. Give the drivers time to get used to there car and I think we are going to start showing what the B6/7 S4 and RS4 are really made of.

This is part of the reason why I was and am not overly concerned with the incomplete time for JB_ImolaS4. He is just going to go back to the track (if he does) and go much faster any way. If he doesn't the tragedy of the situation with the slip might make cause for us to make the exception for the XXX on the board just to make sure he gets credit for his accomplishments. I just don't want to use this approach and have this issue come back in the future with someone else and bite me in the ars

Prtaick
09-25-2009, 12:21 PM
It sounds like if you got off your back side and got your car together we might be putting up some 11 sec time slips?

Haha, is that a challenge? What do I win when I post up my 11 sec. slip? I think we have Atco rented out for a day next month, maybe I'll have to bring something serious to the table.

JB_ImolaS4
09-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Look P.M. me. if your not going to get back to the track. We can just consider putting your time like 12.97 @ XXX MPH. (obviously filling in all the correct info less the missing MHP that will be noted by XXX) I really want to keep the times complete but with the fact that you are the first fastest S/C car I think we can make an exception.

That being said I don't think we should continue to keep this as a common practice.

Thoughts

Thanks justin that would be appreciated. Local street legal test and tunes shut down after next weds so I have one shot left--I'll try to go weds but I can't promise anything. Thanks again.

Justincredible
09-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks justin that would be appreciated. Local street legal test and tunes shut down after next weds so I have one shot left--I'll try to go weds but I can't promise anything. Thanks again.

Yes. you got screwed with the situation. I just wanted to set the precedent for this in the future. Your situation was a great tragic example that I was looking to use. Lets please do this. If you get back to the track this season and do better then this will obviously not be an issue. If you are unable to do so then we can make the exception and give you much deserved credit and just put the XXX. For you I would love to see the obviously faster time you have coming on the list then the XXX

Haha, is that a challenge? What do I win when I post up my 11 sec. slip? I think we have Atco rented out for a day next month, maybe I'll have to bring something serious to the table.

NO no no. Not a challenge, but a request that you and your customers continue to help show the performance of this once bashed platform. I know we are all going to do this.

You mentioned that you had some JHM headers and special PES tricks up your sleeve. We can see a first time drag racer can run strong 12s with that combo. Love to see what you can do with it.

Prtaick
09-25-2009, 01:04 PM
NO no no. Not a challenge, but a request that you and your customers continue to help show the performance of this once bashed platform. I know we are all going to do this.

You mentioned that you had some JHM headers and special PES tricks up your sleeve. We can see a first time drag racer can run strong 12s with that combo. Love to see what you can do with it.

Ha, I sorta wish it was a challenge. I need a kick in the ass to get my car together. We do not have a set of headers but we do have some great plans for rolling back the numbers. I might do a lil write up on Tony's car when I put the numbers up if thats ok. Were not planing on anything crazy. Sorta just like the JHM car, all bolt on, just a lil boost on top though.. This makes me want to go do some calculations. haha. I love a challenge.

Swanky
09-25-2009, 04:03 PM

Yes. you got screwed with the situation. I just wanted to set the precedent for this in the future. Your situation was a great tragic example that I was looking to use. Lets please do this. If you get back to the track this season and do better then this will obviously not be an issue. If you are unable to do so then we can make the exception and give you much deserved credit and just put the XXX. For you I would love to see the obviously faster time you have coming on the list then the XXX

this was handled extremely well. definitely a positive example of calm and rational behavior on an internet forum.

jfunkey
09-25-2009, 04:15 PM
THATS facts first baby.

I think its bull Fkn balls that the clock triped up like that. But I also respect the position of keeping this all 100% factual. Both guys are in a bad spot.

Bro just go back to the track and run a 12.5 like your car should and we can all get past this. [:D]

This is how conversations go when the people don't have an agenda and are here to help us all out with FACTS.

Thanks guys. Let this be an example for us all.

cabracco85
10-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I have some new times but i need to get the slips to where you can read them. I will post the new updated times soon.[up][up]

jaybquick@JHM
10-01-2009, 05:29 PM
I have some new times but i need to get the slips to where you can read them. I will post the new updated times soon.[up][up]

A little birdie told me about this. From what I understand you are faster than me and consistently faster. Good job Mr. 12 second bolt on man!

You are officially the new all motor King. [up]

CONGRATS!

JB_ImolaS4
10-01-2009, 09:13 PM

Hey Justin, never made it to the track. Instead, I was at the final Yankees home game (we lost... but I got on TV at least--thank God for Tivo):

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7164/img0127v.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/img0127v.jpg/)

Would you please post the 12.958 from here (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4208941#post4208941)?

Thanks again Justin.

cabracco85
10-01-2009, 09:44 PM
A little birdie told me about this. From what I understand you are faster than me and consistently faster. Good job Mr. 12 second bolt on man!

You are officially the new all motor King. [up]

CONGRATS!I wouldnt say that im the NA king as your whip did trap a few more mph then mine. The only thing that helped me get a 12 was the good launch.

Well i will go into what i ran even though it wont be good untill i get the slips posted. Or atleast get them over to justin.

Here is the break down of my best pass

60ft 1.749
330 5.314
1/8 8.242@83.96
1000 10.773
1/4 12.905@106.65

The car went 12s a few other passes too. This was just your basic bolton JHM powered car. I have piggies, cat back, pulley, tune, manifold spacers, JHM ss, JHM front rotors and k&n filter with flapper mod. The car is on heavy wheels and still the stock clutch. And also is on full interior. Sorry i have no video as it is mostly just me that goes to the track. But there are other people on here that have been to the track that can attest to how my car goes. I didnt think i was going to get out of the 13 sec bracket, but i did[up].

Justincredible
10-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Glad to. Im just going to put in the XXX for the MPH. Ill do all the updates this weekend.

Im looking to get crafty enough to put the link in to the time so you can click on the time and go to some of the treads that support the time. that way there is more information. But that is down the line. So much on my table right now but one of my things on the list is to update the 1/4 mile time list this weekend

cabracco85
10-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Glad to. Im just going to put in the XXX for the MPH. Ill do all the updates this weekend.

Im looking to get crafty enough to put the link in to the time so you can click on the time and go to some of the treads that support the time. that way there is more information. But that is down the line. So much on my table right now but one of my things on the list is to update the 1/4 mile time list this weekend
Also look for my updated time slips. let me know if the pic of me at the track turned out. Dont know because it was on my camera phone.

vwrcer
10-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Ok so made another trip to the track tonight.
Videos should be able to post tomorrow in car and out, hope these timeslips validate my 12.77 and had a nice 12.81@111.28 found out that hot lapping kills clutch on third run thats the awsome 14.3@91 the 12.8 was after letting clutch cool.Next purchase is jhm clutch.
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/time_slips_10_2_09_0041.JPG
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/time_slips_10_2_09_0021.JPG
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/time_slips_10_2_09_005.JPG

jfunkey
10-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Get a strong clutch behind that bad boy and your all set. I have my eye on the JHM unit as well nice piece for sure.

Nice runs car is very consistant.

beemercer
10-03-2009, 10:44 AM
I wouldnt say that im the NA king as your whip did trap a few more mph then mine. The only thing that helped me get a 12 was the good launch.

Well i will go into what i ran even though it wont be good untill i get the slips posted. Or atleast get them over to justin.

Here is the break down of my best pass

60ft 1.749
330 5.314
1/8 8.242@83.96
1000 10.773
1/4 12.905@106.65

The car went 12s a few other passes too. This was just your basic bolton JHM powered car. I have piggies, cat back, pulley, tune, manifold spacers, JHM ss, JHM front rotors and k&n filter with flapper mod. The car is on heavy wheels and still the stock clutch. And also is on full interior. Sorry i have no video as it is mostly just me that goes to the track. But there are other people on here that have been to the track that can attest to how my car goes. I didnt think i was going to get out of the 13 sec bracket, but i did[up].

Absolutely killing the quarter mile. Great work [up]

sway
10-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Damn, good times everyone! Makes me want to go to the track even more reading this stuff! Anyone recommend a track round savannah? I know I'll have to travel a good distance, but definitely willing to do so!

cabracco85
10-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Ok so made another trip to the track tonight.
Videos should be able to post tomorrow in car and out, hope these timeslips validate my 12.77 and had a nice 12.81@111.28 found out that hot lapping kills clutch on third run thats the awsome 14.3@91 the 12.8 was after letting clutch cool.Next purchase is jhm clutch.
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/time_slips_10_2_09_0041.JPG
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/time_slips_10_2_09_0021.JPG
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/time_slips_10_2_09_005.JPG
Congrats on the times, deff has alot up top. [up][up]

vwrcer
10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Here is link to a few passes
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Eaton-boosted-S4-wagon_710760.htm

vwrcer
10-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Here is link for in car video of my stage2 pes supercharged s4 avant,good vids bad driving.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/In-car-video-of-eaton-S4_710930.htm

nuklearmaniac86
10-04-2009, 08:47 PM
What was in the other lane that posted a 1.4 60ft and a 12.7 1/4 time @ only 81mph. Sounds like a shelled car on slicks...

Your car is awesome. Were you @ H20? I remember seeing a supercharged avant there.

vwrcer
10-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes i was there and it was stripped full cage mustang.Thanks justin for up dating the list oh and VWRCER like vw racer not ricer but hell top is top.I am looking forward to the ams car with turbo should be faster.Im sure there are going to FAST cars coming in spring hopefully ill have a few more hp and clutch by then.It never stops.[:D]

Justincredible
10-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Yes i was there and it was stripped full cage mustang.Thanks justin for up dating the list oh and VWRCER like vw racer not ricer but hell top is top.I am looking forward to the ams car with turbo should be faster.Im sure there are going to FAST cars coming in spring hopefully ill have a few more hp and clutch by then.It never stops.[:D]

LOL sorry fixed.

To be honest. I don't think turbo or S/C there is going to be much of a difference. I think the S/C cars have a little of an advantage due to the instant boost.

If you ask me it wont be the turbo car that will be faster it will be the NOS cars that look to rain in a new era of power and fastest times in the future

B6guy42
10-05-2009, 08:59 AM
WOW looks as if the PES cars are taking the leaderboard! Sucks that I am not up there, but hopefully will be soon......

sakimano
10-05-2009, 10:03 AM
WOW looks as if the PES cars are taking the leaderboard! Sucks that I am not up there, but hopefully will be soon......

not really...2 out of the top 10 are PES SC cars...and only one other top 10 car is SC (Todeshandler/VF)

the other 7 are all n/a, including 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th which are JHM modded

I'd say JHM is taking over!

B6guy42
10-05-2009, 10:44 AM
not really...2 out of the top 10 are PES SC cars...and only one other top 10 car is SC (Todeshandler/VF)

the other 7 are all n/a, including 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th which are JHM modded

I'd say JHM is taking over!

True. The leader is now a PES gy, and ImolaJB had an issue with the timeslip, otherwise they would be #1 and 2, then I am going back on the 14th of the month and hope to bump myself up with two timeslips and a vid, but I need someone to take the vid!

jfunkey
10-05-2009, 01:26 PM
True. The leader is now a PES gy, and ImolaJB had an issue with the timeslip, otherwise they would be #1 and 2, then I am going back on the 14th of the month and hope to bump myself up with two timeslips and a vid, but I need someone to take the vid!

Bro if you read it imolaJb still got credit he just didn't get the MPH. there are 2 12 sec JHM cars and there are 2 PES cars. So the board is correct.

B6guy42
10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
^You sir are correct and I apologize, I didn't even see the list updated , YESS I am #11......LOL

jfunkey
10-05-2009, 06:38 PM
^You sir are correct and I apologize, I didn't even see the list updated , YESS I am #11......LOL

11th place is nothing to scof at. Thats good stuff right there. How is the beast running?

Its just nice to see the board filling up and people getting to the track.

vwrcer
10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I would say we all have to owe some thanks to JHM think we all have something they produce and i owe great thanks to PES for offering a great product.

jfunkey
10-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I would say we all have to owe some thanks to JHM think we all have something they produce and i owe great thanks to PES for offering a great product.

Its clear the leading 2 companys in S4 development. That combo is clearly helping drive the performance of this platform.

JB_ImolaS4
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Its clear the leading 2 companys in S4 development. That combo is clearly helping drive the performance of this platform.

I agree completely. Good to see a plethora of products being offered for these vehicles. A year ago, I never thought that longtube headers or superchargers would be available for these cars, which make up a small market for aftermarket parts. I thought I'd be stuck with a chip, exhaust, and intake forever. [race]

sway
10-06-2009, 09:05 PM
i agree completely. Good to see a plethora of products being offered for these vehicles. A year ago, i never thought that longtube headers or superchargers would be available for these cars, which make up a small market for aftermarket parts. I thought i'd be stuck with a chip, exhaust, and intake forever. [race]

word of the day: Plethora

blackbenzz
10-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I dont see any times for MTM supercharged cars, anyone know what they run?

fischmama
10-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Please add my run to the list... I'll start the 14 sec club [;)]

fischmama______05.5/S4___Auto/6___Stock 93___cC/B_______________________. 2.011____.14.064_____99.9

dextrek
10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Please add my run to the list... I'll start the 14 sec club [;)]

fischmama______05.5/S4___Auto/6___Stock 93___cC/B_______________________. 2.011____.14.064_____99.9

you should post some timeslips with this.

psiaddict
10-20-2009, 03:22 PM
you should post some timeslips with this.

He did.
Track Day for B7 Tiptronic (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319399)

jaybquick@JHM
10-26-2009, 10:12 PM
He did.
Track Day for B7 Tiptronic (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319399)

Add it Justin, we need to give love to the stockers in the 14 second club. Got to start somewhere. [:D]

fischmama
11-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Now I can be added to the 13sec club. [drive] [race]

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323182

Time is seen in the video.

13.951 @ 101.31mph

Justincredible
11-06-2009, 01:42 AM
This is why Im not too quick to update the list, I like to give people a few weeks to go back and best there time.

I will be happy to post up the time. I just need a time slip from the fastest pass to get the rest of the info from. Please post the slip in this post.

After I get the slip I will update the entire list

fischmama
11-06-2009, 09:16 AM
This is why Im not too quick to update the list, I like to give people a few weeks to go back and best there time.

I will be happy to post up the time. I just need a time slip from the fastest pass to get the rest of the info from. Please post the slip in this post.

After I get the slip I will update the entire list

Thx. I posted the time slip in my thread.

BTW, did you see my thread about the Oil cooler? I figure you may have some insight on that?!

Justincredible
11-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Please in the future do this....it makes it easier for me to update. Looking in posts takes too much time.

http://lieck.us/Public/IMAGE0021.JPG

jaybquick@JHM
12-10-2009, 03:22 AM
Please update us with a power adder. We went 12.4 @ 117mph on our first time out with our 100hp direct port nitrous system.

Slips and video here -> http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4635479#post4635479

fischmama
12-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks for NOT adding me to the latest list. [down]

jaybquick@JHM
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks for NOT adding me to the latest list. [down]

Did you post up 2 timeslips as justin requires?? If so PM him, he probably just overlooked it. If not, post them up. He appears to be trying to keep this list as legit as possible.

V8S4Fun
04-03-2010, 03:38 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/camillataren/slips-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0v5uK0t3OU

AAAA
04-24-2010, 11:37 AM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/camillataren/slips-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0v5uK0t3OU

i've seen this car at rai. nice to see its on the road

jaybquick@JHM
08-05-2010, 08:15 PM
JUSTIN. HERE IS OUR LATEST UPDATE 7-26-10: Here is the post from the video and timeslip release for our 12.70 @ 111mph all motor runs and 12.29 @ 117mph nitrous runs back in April. Plus a little surprise at the end of the video.

Well we finally got the car to the track with our NEW Intake Manifold and Headers and a small shot with our nitrous system back in April and since we have been quite busy (the end of the video will clear that up). Hence the delay on getting the footage up for you guys. Thanks everyone.

Once again thanks for the support, it is because of your support of us we have been able to build you guys these parts and support you. Also I apologize if I have delayed on getting back to anyones PMs on here, I have been extremely busy with what you will see at the end of the video. I am working on the PMs now. [:|]

ALL MOTOR SLIPS
http://jhmotorsports.com/timeslips/B6S4/JHM_B6_S4_12_70_timeslip_ALL_MOTOR.jpg

NITROUS SLIPS (didn't shift as quick, there is more in this setup)
http://jhmotorsports.com/timeslips/B6S4/JHM_B6_S4_12_29_timeslip_NITROUS-70hp_jets.jpg

MODS: JHM 100chp direct port Nitrous system (70 to 80whp and 70 to 80wtq), JHM tuning, JHM Intake Manifold, JHM Headers JHM Lightweight Flyhweel, JHM Stage 4 Clutch, JHM Lightweight Crank Pulley, JHM Lightweight front & rear rotors, JHM/FI 2.5 cat back with X-pipe, JHM shifter and linkage upgrades, Stock airbox with K&N filter and flapper mod and a COMPLETELY stock motor down to the heads, cams and block.

Here is what we found regarding the conditions using drag times Density Altitude calculator based on the time of 15:00 being stamped on the 12.70 @ 111mph timeslip.

Track Elevation: 30 ft

Air Temperature: 57 degrees F (the temps on my dash display were in the mid to high 60s after each pase so I am not sure how close the weather station drag times uses is to this track on the outskirts of town. This could be attributed for the heat coming from the track due to the sun being out.)

Barometric Pressure: 30.01 inches Hg

Relative Humidty: 45%

Density Altitude: -105 feet

Relative Density: 100.31 %

All in all I am trying to keep track of this so we can have good records of all the changes we make to the car. There was more in it since we didn't do much cooling down and got a ton of passes. (more fun that way though)

And of course the VIDEO (http://jhmtuning.com/videos/B6S4/Supercharger/JHM_12.70_all_Motor_and_12.29_Nitrous.wmv)

And for the YouTubers -> VIDEO ON YOUTUBE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPSJu8Sa-hI)

Thanks again everyone. [up]

drew
08-06-2010, 10:40 PM
good stuff! looking forward to seeing results from the blower

Justincredible
08-16-2010, 03:08 AM
good stuff! looking forward to seeing results from the blower

A little bird just told me we have a new fastest S/C time.. its from JHM and its from a automatic car. The list will be updated in a few weeks thanks for posting the times guys.

jaybquick@JHM
09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
A little bird just told me we have a new fastest S/C time.. its from JHM and its from a automatic car. The list will be updated in a few weeks thanks for posting the times guys.

We will get you videos from that once we get it all edited and the slips as well. Thanks for staying on top of this.

cabracco85
10-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Think there might be a new nitrous time coming soon too. lol

cabracco85
10-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Well here are my new track times

The best NA pass of the night was a 13.0@107. With a 1.8 60ft. The track wasnt prepped that good because of the big event that was coming up the following day. So i really wasnt able to get the car out of the hole all to good. So instead of wasting all night hitting 12s on motor i turned the bottle on.

With that being said i will break down the best run of the night on the gun.

60ft 1.79
330 5.14
1/8 7.90@88.41
1000 10.29
1/4 12.28@115.41

There is still more in the car if i can get it to cut a 1.6x 60ft next time im out. I think if i was able to get a 60ft in the 1.6 range it would of went 12.1s maybe 12.0 depending on how good of a launch i had. But either way the car felt good. the only changes made were the DPS and 4 to 1 diff. And the stage 4 disk.

Also i will get justincredible the time slips. And there is no video because i cant drive the car and video it at the same time. I usually dont have anyone that wants to go with me to the track to tape it. And when i do have someone i run NO CLOCKS so i am the only one that sees my times. I do some racing with the car and like to keep my times on the down low.

beemercer
10-17-2010, 01:13 PM
^Woo! Time for the big mean jets :D

cabracco85
10-17-2010, 02:09 PM
^Woo! Time for the big mean jets :D

Big jets=11s

Justincredible
10-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Well here are my new track times

The best NA pass of the night was a 13.0@107. With a 1.8 60ft. The track wasnt prepped that good because of the big event that was coming up the following day. So i really wasnt able to get the car out of the hole all to good. So instead of wasting all night hitting 12s on motor i turned the bottle on.

With that being said i will break down the best run of the night on the gun.

60ft 1.79
330 5.14
1/8 7.90@88.41
1000 10.29
1/4 12.28@115.41

There is still more in the car if i can get it to cut a 1.6x 60ft next time im out. I think if i was able to get a 60ft in the 1.6 range it would of went 12.1s maybe 12.0 depending on how good of a launch i had. But either way the car felt good. the only changes made were the DPS and 4 to 1 diff. And the stage 4 disk.

Also i will get justincredible the time slips. And there is no video because i cant drive the car and video it at the same time. I usually dont have anyone that wants to go with me to the track to tape it. And when i do have someone i run NO CLOCKS so i am the only one that sees my times. I do some racing with the car and like to keep my times on the down low.

Thanks please do get them to me.. Also PER the rules make an attempt to get video as you get closer to the 11's. Even if its in car video. As long as you can see your going down the track and when you get your time slip is all one uncut video shot. I don't see why anyone would have an issue.

cabracco85
10-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks please do get them to me.. Also PER the rules make an attempt to get video as you get closer to the 11's. Even if its in car video. As long as you can see your going down the track and when you get your time slip is all one uncut video shot. I don't see why anyone would have an issue.

I will email you the slips. I will have to get someone to video it. I will have them stand at the back of the track and follow me the whole time and pull up and let them know what my time is. I will not run clocks so everyone can see my time. I dont want people around here in the import scene to know what my car runs et/mph wise. I have no problem getting in car video either but i will have to work on my camera mount.

jaybquick@JHM
10-19-2010, 11:55 AM
I will email you the slips. I will have to get someone to video it. I will have them stand at the back of the track and follow me the whole time and pull up and let them know what my time is. I will not run clocks so everyone can see my time. I dont want people around here in the import scene to know what my car runs et/mph wise. I have no problem getting in car video either but i will have to work on my camera mount.

Congrats dude. You beat my JHM nitrous time. But now you just got to beat my JHM supercharger kit time. Send me an email and get me some data I will request with my response with your current 75whp jets and I will custom jet your car for a little more. Not too much though, we don't want to bend your rods. (I know how hard you can push these motors with 2 years of playing with nitrous and now boost on these motors.)

Your next goal to beat. (Hey Justin, we are still working on the video but at least you can update the list with these slips.)
jhmotorsports.com/timeslips/B6S4/JHM_Supercharged_B6_S4_12_2_and_119mph_Trap.jpg

cabracco85
10-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Congrats dude. You beat my JHM nitrous time. But now you just got to beat my JHM supercharger kit time. Send me an email and get me some data I will request with my response with your current 75whp jets and I will custom jet your car for a little more. Not too much though, we don't want to bend your rods. (I know how hard you can push these motors with 2 years of playing with nitrous and now boost on these motors.)

Your next goal to beat. (Hey Justin, we are still working on the video but at least you can update the list with these slips.)
jhmotorsports.com/timeslips/B6S4/JHM_Supercharged_B6_S4_12_2_and_119mph_Trap.jpg

Thanks again. All of this wouldnt of been possible without JHM making great parts for this platform. Im sure with a little bit bigger jets the car will be close to hitting an 11sec pass. Also i wouldnt think the s/c cars will have anything to worry about, cant wait to see someone with a built engine going all out. As for the next goal to beat, i sure will give it my best. Guess we will have to see the next time im out at the track. Also I will be sending you an email about the bigger jets. I would really like to get close to 11s without more juice though. But if i cant then before the track closes i will re jet it and get the 11sec pass we are all waiting to see happen. That is if you guys dont get an 11sec before seasons end.

Thanks again for the great support to this platform

GameBreaker
10-20-2010, 09:42 AM

http://jhmotorsports.com/timeslips/B6S4/JHM_Supercharged_B6_S4_12_2_and_119mph_Trap.jpg

Fixed a great picture!

Justincredible
10-20-2010, 09:33 PM
The times will be updated soon. kenny send me a Email with your slips or post them here please.

cabracco85
10-21-2010, 01:42 AM
The times will be updated soon. kenny send me a Email with your slips or post them here please.

You have email with them. Let me know if you need anything else.

cabracco85
11-28-2010, 09:07 PM
new times again, will post up tomorrow.

cabracco85
11-29-2010, 11:33 AM
60ft 1.64
330 4.31
1/8 7.68@89.66mph
1000 10.05
1/4 12.03@116.28mph

There is also a thread on this. I also emailed you the slips justin

LJH
12-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Hey 1/4 mile guys, I have down loaded Dynolisious to my Iphone and i can't say how accurate it is but it is consistent. i have a question on launching, I am not doing aggressive launches at all, I am a bit nervous about the health of my flywheel, but i was wondering how much of an affect launching has on your 1/4 mile times/ trap speeds?

I after 5 tries i am in the 14 second area (give or take a 1/10th) and right at a 100MPH (give or take 2 MPH). how much would a serious launch change the numbers? My launch technique is to dial in 1.7-2k RPM and modulate the throttle and clutch.

Cheers,
Jim

CHECKERED
02-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Went to the track for the first time yesterday and got 6 passes, 2 of them I wanted to share with the group, definitely a learning experience with this car.
The times aren’t great for my mod list but when I checked the conditions they were the equivalent to 2300 feet above sea level!! I’ll be going to famosoraceway next month for some better conditions.

(Note to Justin, no need to add these times to the list, I’ll get better times to post soon)

car/mods: 05 S4 auto 91 octane Carbonio Intake, JHM Tune, 034 MAF Hose, Denso Iridium Plugs, JHM Intake Manifold Spacers, FI Downpipes w/cats & FI Cat Back w/res

Best ET: 14.125@99.49mph
R/T... .579
60'.... 2.064
330... 5.962
1/8... 9.148
MPH... 77.92
1000... 11.855
1/4... 14.125
MPH... 99.49

Best Trap: 14.201@100.31mph
R/T... .679
60'.... 2.177
330... 6.070
1/8... 9.251
MPH... 78.20
1000... 11.946
1/4... 14.201
MPH... 100.31

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2542/2089/31353544002_large.jpg
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2542/2089/31353544001_large.jpg

Justincredible
02-06-2011, 03:59 PM
The elevation wasn't helping and the 60ft assured your not going to get any kind of a good time. You ahouls be able to pull down a 1.860 that will knowck off .4 from the ET might be more but with that elevation and 60ft Its amazing you did that well

jaybquick@JHM
02-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Timeslips from our first time out with our B7 RS4.

http://jhmotorsports.com/timeslips/B7RS4/JHM_B7_RS4_12_40_timeslip_ALL_MOTOR.jpg

cabracco85
02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
^^^^^congrats on the times posted.

CHECKERED
03-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Went to the Famoso track with much better conditions and armed with some experience got much better times. The conditions were equivalent to 300-400feet above sea level. I was hoping for a 13.5XX pass but no luck getting my 60 foot below 2.0 the tires are the limiting factor here.

(All proof was sent to Justin)

car/mods: 05 S4 auto 91 octane Carbonio Intake, JHM Tune, 034 MAF Hose, Denso Iridium Plugs, JHM Intake Manifold Spacers, FI Downpipes w/cats & FI Cat Back w/res, Carbon Fiber Hood, BBK

13.7@102mph

60'.... 2.011
330... 5.806
1/8... 8.917
MPH... 79.75
1000... 11.557
1/4... 13.776
MPH... 102.09

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2542/2089/31353544005_large.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2542/2089/31353544006_large.jpg

Justincredible
03-06-2011, 07:33 PM
much much better. Even tho the 60ft is still way off. Its a clear sign you have the right combination. To pull off that time with that 60ft and a automatic is very impressive. Its got a 13.5 or better in it for sure..

91gl
03-09-2011, 11:16 PM
get those iridium plugs out of there and get either oem ngk or bosh's, your losing around 40-50 rpms/sec with those and that carbonio logs over 20 degrees higher IAT over stock airbox. put your stock box on there with a K&N and delete your cats and you should easily accomplish your goal

CHECKERED
03-10-2011, 09:34 AM
get those iridium plugs out of there and get either oem ngk or bosh's, your losing around 40-50 rpms/sec with those and that carbonio logs over 20 degrees higher IAT over stock airbox. put your stock box on there with a K&N and delete your cats and you should easily accomplish your goalthe intake is complete sealed from the engine bay with dynamat and foam strips. Cats will be deleted once the new smog testing goes in effect in California (early 2013) but how could the plugs be a problem?

Justincredible
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
the intake is complete sealed from the engine bay with dynamat and foam strips. Cats will be deleted once the new smog testing goes in effect in California (early 2013) but how could the plugs be a problem?

Checkered. I got your E mail and the new list will go up in the next month or so. I try to update it every quarter.

The plugs can be a big power drain if there not 4 post. Ive seen other cars really suffer power wise if they don't have 4 post plugs..

CHECKERED
03-10-2011, 02:10 PM
The plugs can be a big power drain if there not 4 post. Ive seen other cars really suffer power wise if they don't have 4 post plugs..From a thermodynamic point of view the spark will jump to the post with the lowest resistance, in air this will be the one closes to the tip if one post is 0.0003” closer then the rest the spark will jump to that one.

In an engine environment it will jump to the post where the fuel/air mixture is thinnest, creating a small flame front point, while with a one tip spark plug it will consistently jump at the same spot creating a better flame front rather then start at the thinnest point.

Am I missing something here, do I want a small flame front rather then a consistence one in the middle of the cylinder?

Justincredible
03-11-2011, 01:57 AM
From a thermodynamic point of view the spark will jump to the post with the lowest resistance, in air this will be the one closes to the tip if one post is 0.0003” closer then the rest the spark will jump to that one.

In an engine environment it will jump to the post where the fuel/air mixture is thinnest, creating a small flame front point, while with a one tip spark plug it will consistently jump at the same spot creating a better flame front rather then start at the thinnest point.

Am I missing something here, do I want a small flame front rather then a consistence one in the middle of the cylinder?

In theory that all sounds good but there is much more to it then that. While I understand the concept Im not well versed enough to explain fully and to be able to state facts. I can say that some plugs will effect the power out put of the car to a very noticeable extent

boravr6
10-22-2011, 06:06 PM
http://*******************/addons/albums/images/686565191.jpg

13.36 @ 104.16 mph. 1.911 60 footer.

2006 S4 6MT // JHM 93 tune (94 gas) FI 2.5 catback // Miltek 2.5 catless DP's // LWCP // LW front rotors // intake spacers // baby seat

jaybquick@JHM
11-10-2011, 01:47 PM
http://*******************/addons/albums/images/686565191.jpg

13.36 @ 104.16 mph. 1.911 60 footer.

2006 S4 6MT // JHM 93 tune (94 gas) FI 2.5 catback // Miltek 2.5 catless DP's // LWCP // LW front rotors // intake spacers // baby seat

Baby seat FTW.

Have Saki show you how to rake that sucker on the launch and you can get closer to the 12s. What RPM are you shifting at? 6500rpm has been optimal for us in ALL Motor configurations, with or without headers, even with or without the intake manifold. Without a blower it just slows down if you shift past 6500rpm. We shift our blower kit at 6800 to 6900rpm since it loves RPM.

Keep us updated with any return visits.

BTW. It was nice to meet you during my last trip to Detroit.

cabracco85
12-11-2011, 04:47 PM
^^^^^^^ It must be the baby seat mod thats working all the magic. I have two in there now so it should really help the next time i hit the track.