PDA

View Full Version : Main difference between 2007 and 2008 models

philippeD
03-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I am looking at buying a Q7 3.6 premium 2008. But I was wondering if I should not be looking at a 2007 model? That would save between 5-10k.
What are the differences really? Anything substantial?
Must-have options are:
- Sunroof
- Rear Camera
- Bluetooth and iPod integration

Any advice? Thanks a lot.

ToMMyRsK04
03-20-2008, 03:18 AM
I'm not sure if I'd buy a car brand new .. if you wait a yr and see if any are left over you save a lot of money or even look at one a yr later with 10k+ on it your still saving a lot

mkaresh
03-20-2008, 01:39 PM
There are no major operational / feature differences I'm aware of.

The main difference could be the number of repairs required. I conduct reliability research at TrueDelta.com, and first year models do often have higher repair rates. With the 2007, the repair rate was initially high, but it has already improved. A 2007 produced near the end of the run could be about as solid as a 2008.

I don't have enough data on the 2008s yet to report whether or not the repair rate is lower than for the 2007.

One thing I have seen with VAG products in particular is a high repair rate when the cars are brand new--problems present at or soon after delivery--and then fairly good repair rates for at least a few years after that.

So buying a slightly used model might actually give you fewer problems up front, if any initial problems were already taken care of.