PDA

View Full Version : New member! Woohoo

Joeskie
12-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Hey guys, glad to be here.

I am taking delivery of my US-Spec 07 Q7 3.6 Preimum this week. (Hopefuly). Trading in my 05 V8 STS.

I am not sure of a couple options I will have on the car, but I know this.

Nav w/ Bluetooth / Headlight washers, 3rd row seating for 7 and heated seats front and 2nd row (I assume this means I have the "Cold weather package", Sirius, panoramic roof and exterior lighting package.

Does all this mean I have the SD Media card slot?
What about HUD? Lane Assist?

Edit: Forgot to mention that the nav DVD will not be included, which one am I suposed to buy? I need it to be good for Canada too !

Do these come in packages? I usually would browse the website for this info, but the Audi Canada and US websites are very... well.. 1995.

This car was ordered from the States to save me about 15k, when it was ordered, I only knew those fews details about the car.

I had an 05 Cayenne V6, so I'm pretty happy to get into the Q7. Interior is much nicer & more comfortable. I'm expecting power to be a little bit better. Overall a good change. Oh and the 7 seats of course. I'm 23 and not even married, don't know what I'm going to do with all that place, but I'll find some good use for it. :) /rant.

TIA and good to be here.

Anthony
12-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Hello and welcome. That's quite a savings by buying in the States and bringing it over the border.

Sorry I can't really answer any of your questions. Just wanted to say congrats. [up]

gdiddy
12-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Yeah. I just bought a 4.2 Premium in the US and imported. Saved close to $18K. Closed when the Canadian $$$ was 1.08 US.

Price at the Canadian dealer with all options was over $90K!

I drove the Range, Sport, LR3 and X5. Q7 was the best. It killed the Rovers. X5 was close but the Q drives better.

mdkellys
12-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Congrats on your new Q and welcome to the site. I can remember 20 years about when the US dollar was worth $1.50 in Canada. I grew up across from Brockville, Ontario in NY.

Joeskie
12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
The US dollar was worth 1.60 CDN in 02
My moneys worth 60% more now.

mdkellys
12-06-2007, 06:36 AM
That let's you buy a much nicer ride.

mdkellys
12-06-2007, 06:37 AM
I grew up in Ogdensburg which is about 2 hours from you in Montreal. We bought a GM pickup 20 years ago in Canada and four years later sold it for more than we paid. When has anyone been able to do that with a GM product?

47Ronin
12-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Funny thing is .... while the canadian dollar has appreciated a lot - relative prices of goods will increase soon anyway ... its the way the market works - never really "true money machine" in the economy.

Anyway, as for the lane assist - there's a light that blinks if you try to switch lanes adn there's somethign next to you - prevents u from running into the thing iuf you can't see driving that big ol q7

u have teh SD card if you got nav // bt but the lane assist is a separate package

mdkellys
12-28-2007, 08:01 AM
I think the Lane assist is one of the greatest features on the Q7. I just drove back from visiting family for Christmas with the rear cargo filled to the top and pouring rain. It makes for easier navigating on I-95 with the blind spot lights.

Wil
12-29-2007, 06:50 PM
SD Media card slot? What on earth are you talking about? I took delivery of my '08 Q7 on Dec 18.

Lava Grey, Limestone interior, 19in Wheels, Panarama roof, and 4 zone climate control