PDA

View Full Version : Q7 with S6 LED Daytime Running Lights

Voltes Five
11-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi [:D] all,

Has anyone installed [wrench](or would like to install) an S6 Led Running lights on their Q7???

I am planning on taking on this project but would like to get some inputs from you all. All technical directions are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Voltes Five

10MPG
11-24-2007, 08:15 PM
The LED body is is pretty long and can runs deep into the bumper, so you want to look for somewhere with plenty of clearance + space also to build the assembly bracket around it.

Furthermore, depends on how you are going to power the light, you may need to get the proper resistor or you might burn them out prematurely or get a DIS error for bulb out. You can mount the resistor on top of the bumper rebar because it does get hot during use.

That's all I can think of for now. Good luck.

Voltes Five
11-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the tip! [:)]

Please fill me in if anything else comes to mind.

- Voltes Five

Ivory 305
01-20-2008, 09:20 PM
how do you get the s6 LED running lights and what kind of prices have you seen on them i am thinking of putting them on my a4

Voltes Five
01-21-2008, 10:13 AM
eBay carries S6 DRLs for 289 US$, shipping is 70US$ from a German eBay Store. But I decided to patronize ECS Tuning because they are part of our Audizine community. Their price is $315. Downside: because this item is hot they had a back order issue so I had to wait. They delivered mine around a week ago. I suggest calling them first to check for availability.

I'm expecting to complete my installation by end of this week. Pictures to follow. I bid you good luck on your new project.

Echo3One
01-21-2008, 11:44 AM
I have a brand new pair of S6 lights i'll sell for $275. PM is intersted.

enigma1406
01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
DIY will be hard. I had my local shop do it because they had to cut the bumper and remake the grilles.

bkms1
04-11-2008, 09:26 PM
pics please

Voltes Five
04-12-2008, 01:20 PM
I apologize. There are no pics yet. Installation has not happened due to technical difficulties. I could not install it because there is a reinforced steel bar behind the two front air ducts where I wanted the DRLs. [=(] Due to safety reasons I am having second thoughts on taking the steel bars off.

Any advice is much appreciated.