PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried switching to the new key FOB?

a2a2pqk
11-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Has anyone tried this?
I was wondering if I can swap my key into the new key FOB(05.5 +) and able to be reprogram it to pair with our B6's central security system.
Also I'll be trying this on a used key FOB so I would have to i guess overwrite the memory? or erase the memory and reprogram all the remotes again?

Greg@DTH
11-03-2007, 10:03 AM
I have been told no by a friend who works for Audi. From what he says, they work on different frequencies and the B6 immob will not communicate with the B7 key fob.

Maybe somebody else has been sucessful from a difernent angle than the dealership however.

Cyrix9445
11-03-2007, 10:27 AM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169611

ravenmadx
11-03-2007, 01:23 PM
So Greg you are alive. Are you going to answer any of my emails on the spoiler?

a2a2pqk
11-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I have been told no by a friend who works for Audi. From what he says, they work on different frequencies and the B6 immob will not communicate with the B7 key fob.

Maybe somebody else has been sucessful from a difernent angle than the dealership however.

That is exactly what I've been trying to find out..... so i guess I can't do it then.. unless someone has done this before which I don't think so.. i did some research on this here and audiworld and no one seem to have done it on the new Key FOB.. only B5 guys have been doing it with our B6 ones....

Apparently there are two different FCC ID for the new key FOBs also, incase this suggests anything about frequency or anything.

FCC ID: MYT 4073A
FCC ID: IYZ 3314

Our B6 ones are significantly different for the FCC ID though but it does start in MYT as well... However they are both 315Mhz

sandspeed
01-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Hmmm... There is a thread going in the B6 forum, and I asked that question about the frequencies here. The MYT 4073 one is 315Mhz, as I have one sitting in front of me right now. Part number is 8E0 837 220 F. I have another one with part number 8E0 837 220 O that is 433Mhz, but has no FCC code on the outside. That one also has no panic button. I unfortunately have no spare keys. Just the Valet key, which I seem to have misplaced, and one of the key fobs. So I can't really dismantle my main key to try playing with the two By spares I have. I also have a B6 blank spare somewhere, so maybe I'll play with that one. Need to get it cut and swap the blade and internals to the B7 housing and then see if an Audi dealership here won't charge me an arm and a leg to reprogram it.