PDA

View Full Version : Vented Carbon Fiber Hood and Trunk lid for B6 S4

hackers4
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I am wondering if DTH has any specifics on these products. Specifically their projected price and when they will be produced. Thank you.

OneFastBMW
10-18-2007, 03:55 PM
I want the carbon fiber vented hood badly!!!!

Greg@DTH
10-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Price is yet to be determined. I have had my car at the manufacturer for the last two weeks getting the S4 rear diffuser made and the B and C pillars fitted.

The next product is the B7 rear diffusers, then we will be having vented hoods and bootlids with integral spoilers made.

The hood and trunk should be ready by mid-November

OneFastBMW
10-19-2007, 06:11 PM
please make a hood for the B7 modeled after this hood. I will easily pay $1000 for it.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/wm.php/images/vorsteiner2.jpg

F16HTON
10-19-2007, 07:55 PM
You would easily pay $1000 for a hood that costs $2099?

OneFastBMW
10-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Considering the GMG version and other varbon hoods for the B7 Chasis cost near $700. I think adding $300 for vents seems like a reasonable price. However, I do now know your manufacturing costs. If a replica of this hood or a hood with a similar design could be made and still offer you a profit with a price near the $1000. i think you could have a product that sells very well.

I fear if the price is much higher people will simply choose the non-vented version for $300 less.

I am not trying to low ball you, just being an accounting and mechanical engineering major i feel i have a fair grasp of business and the work required to make car parts. I feal that with a price much higher you might be out of several customers' price rance. However, you just need to find where your your average total cost is at a point where your marginal profit is acceptable by your standards. This might not be possible to make a hood similar to this one for that price. In which case you should choose a design that does not require high manufacturing costs.

I am not trying to tell you how to run your business. I am just trying to offer a fairly educated opinion on the situation. When this product does come to market i wil probably be purchasing one, assuming the price point is not too high. I am only a college student on a limited mod budget.