PDA

View Full Version : Q7 Air conditioner effectiveness?

csmab
08-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Any of you owners willing to comment on how well your Q7 a/c cools things off in the summer. I am in Dallas and I am considering a Q7. Summers here frequently are over 100 degrees. I have read some reviews that the performance of the a/c could barely keep up in hot climates. Do you get additional a/c outlets in the second row if you do not order the 4 zone a/c option? Does 4 zone just give you the ability to ajust temp and fan in the rear?

Thanks,

CSMAB

achen
10-05-2007, 07:52 AM
It totally sucks. I picked up my Q7 in early August, the weather was still hot at that time, in the first 5 weeks or so, I was sweating inside the car and pessengers complaines because you can't feel cold air blowing out. But the problem is gone now since the temp. has dropped to under 80. If anyone picked up a Q7 in Fall or Winter time, I bet he won't even notice the problem 9 months later.

4-Zone does not give you extra "juice", it just adds the ability for independant control. The compressor is not just enough for this car, I am so surprised that they did not notice that in the first whole year of this car.

To be honest to you, I had never seen a new car with A/C system this weak. This is the 2nd biggest thing I don't like about my Q7.

toaster
10-05-2007, 09:46 AM
what's the first?

audis are not known for their a/c.

stryker
10-06-2007, 01:53 PM
My buddy bought one early this year, and all he had were complaints about the weak a/c. As you can imagine it can get just as hot here in miami as it gets in dallas.

The stupid open sky transparent mesh doesn't help either letting in alot of heat, even if you tint it.

9audi4life9
10-09-2007, 11:45 PM
yeh, having the light colored mesh does not help. Not sure why Audi didn't use a solid material that does not allow light to come through. I did get some ceramic tint done all over and it makes a world of a difference.