View Full Version : Just bought B7 S4 with Navi, but need to update Disc...?s
08-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I have a '06 Nav DVD disc. I am assuming my NAvi is US Spec, because all of the buttons are to US Spec, etc...and it's what came with the car....
Currently I get this annoying Warning message everytime I turn on the screen. Just by ordering the 2007 DVD disc, I should be ok, right? Just insert and it'll update. Ive been reading a lot and Im a bit confused b/c I heard people getting updated files to flash the RNS, etc...any help would be appreciated..
08-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Right. The 07 disc will eliminate the nag screen.
Although at this point, I would wait for the next update (08)
08-16-2007, 11:19 PM
The update is not a difficult procedure. You will need a Vag-Cable and will need to follow the following instructions.
1. Using VAG-COM, Change #37 channel 97 from 0 (default) to 1.
2. Insert update CD and let it do it's update.
3. Confirm channel 97 is still set to 1.
4. Insert the 2A DVD and let it update.
5. In engineering mode, confirm that the System SW Index is now displaying 0110 Also the HU/Navi SW version should now read V222023F.
6. Change channel 97 from 1 back to 0.
7. Insert new 2007.1 DVD in and it should automatically update and show on the engineering screen 0150, V222027E, and A2220134.
Update files can be downloaded on my server here (http://www.extralush.com/clients/rival/files/RNS-E%20UPDATES/SW%20110/).
Proceed at your own risk. I am not liable for any problems you my cause however this has worked for me dozens and dozens of times.
08-18-2007, 05:14 PM
There is no need for a VAG-COM on an US unit, just insert the 2007.1 (sw 0150) or 2007.2 (sw 0200) and it will update. The disclaimer wil be gone and the old DVD will continue to work.
08-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Ah my apologies I did not realize this was US unit.