PDA

View Full Version : questions about Navigation

achen
08-09-2007, 10:45 AM
After owning the Q7 for 1 week, I can only say that I am very disppointed at the navigation, my old ML320 (2002) was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than this.

1. No way to search by tel. number? This is available on a $300 portable navigation device. I know I could add an entry into phone book and initiate navigation from there, but it's not nessasarily I want everywhere I need to go be on my address book.

2. No way to create more caterogies other than what's in it, which are appreantly too few to cover everything.

3. No way to do "trail recording", which puts a mark (dot) on whereever I go and I parked the car? This is available on the ML, it is very handy to find a specific place in an area where you've been there a long time ago but did not save it in the address book. Also helpful when you drive on new roads that were opened after the DVD map was made.

BIGGEST PROBLEMS would be:

4. How do I search for a business by its name? I can't find out how to let it take me to the closest Alberson supermarket. There is no caterogy of "grocery store" and it is not under "shopping"

5. If I know the name of business but I can't find the category it should be under? I was searching for DMV this morning and I was pissed that I couldn't make my Q7 pull out the info. Darn it! They made a whole caterogy for AAA but no DMV ? Only AAA members need to visit AAA, but everyone needs to go to DMV, okay? Audi what are you thinking?

achen
08-15-2007, 04:20 AM
I can't believe there was no reply in this many days, not nessasarily I'm looking for "the answers", but nobody have the same complain as me?

Nobody ever have to search destination BY NAME of business?

raulg_usa
08-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I can't believe there was no reply in this many days, not nessasarily I'm looking for "the answers", but nobody have the same complain as me?

Nobody ever have to search destination BY NAME of business?

I can on my A4, but sometimes I get weird results ... Once I was looking for a restaurant and after typing in the name I got the closest result at 300 miles away, although there are PLENTY right here ..

A4_Mike
08-16-2007, 06:42 AM
Have you checked with the Telematics Forum (http://www.audizine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68) of Audizine. You may receive more assistance there considering it deals solely with topics such as navigation systems.

Best of luck.