PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my RNS-E

Grassmonkey
06-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Guys I'm stuck!

So my car came with the RNS-E, but I asked for Bluetooth and the dealer installed a Parrot.
Now I hate that thing and recently got a BT kit, but I havent installed the thing cause I needed a Vagcom cable to finish it off.

Now I have the cable, through a Ross-Tech distributor, and can see everything but channels 36 and 57, the RNS-E. Now the K2 line on the cable is working as it says so in vagcom 704.1.

Im suspecting that the dealer did something with the k-line of the RNS-E for the parrot. So out of frustration I tried pulling the navi out with the 4 key pin thingys.

Now I have 2 bleeding fingers and the RNS-E is still snuggly fitted in the dash!!

So my questions;
How do I remove the RNS-E
And secondly does anybody know why vagcom wont see the RNS-E??

Thanks in advance guys

Grassmonkey
06-22-2007, 06:52 AM
For anyone interested, the reason vagcom couldnt interface with the RNS-E was because of the stupid Parrot the dealer installed.
And I removed the navi by pushing it out after removing the glovebox.

PROXUS
06-27-2007, 12:24 AM
You can access RNS-E via Radio channel or NAV channel.
If you can't access it, then you need to check if your VAG software and hardware is compatible. I suggest HEX-CAN-USB cable with latest software.

2nd I would check connection of CAN wires (big black connector). Maybe something was disconnected or cut during previous install?

Grassmonkey
06-27-2007, 02:27 AM
The cable is a HEX-USB+Can with the latest software.
The problem was the dealer installed a Parrot add-on bluetooth thing, I hated it, and thinking this might be the problem when I removed it, I could then contact the RNS-E.

Just FYI so if other people ever get that problem.