PDA

View Full Version : Windows will not roll up with key or remote after RNS-E install

EMRtek
06-05-2007, 08:48 AM
I recently installed an EU RNS-E unit with US firmware and everything seems to be working fine, except that yesterday I tried to VAG the car into making the windows roll up/down with the keyfob and it does not work with the remote or with the keyfob inserted in the drivers door. Also, I already made all the adjustments with Vag-Com to make the instrument display show nav directions, but it does not seem to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

A4 TSCHUSS
06-11-2007, 04:48 PM
I had the windows up/down code on my car and it worked, I also just installed a RNS-E and now my windows wont roll up and down. What is up with this? I put in the code for displaying info on the DIS, I don't know if this is what caused the windows to now not work or what because I didnt try rolling them down with the key before changing the code for the DIS.

EMRtek
06-14-2007, 09:26 AM
By the way, I got the Nav info to show on the DIS, but the windows still won't work with the keyfob inserted on the drivers door or with the remote. I read somewhere that the window code was dependent on the radio that was installed on the vehicle. I have searched, but I had no luck finding a code that would work with the RNS-E.

Mike@Startup
06-14-2007, 09:37 AM
By the way, I got the Nav info to show on the DIS, but the windows still won't work with the keyfob inserted on the drivers door or with the remote. I read somewhere that the window code was dependent on the radio that was installed on the vehicle. I have searched, but I had no luck finding a code that would work with the RNS-E.

The window code should have nothing to do with the radio. I do know if any doors are open, even a little the Windows will not move.

You are coding the central locks, & not the radio for the widow code? Just making sure. Mine works just fine with my RNS-E

EMRtek
06-14-2007, 11:31 AM
The window code should have nothing to do with the radio. I do know if any doors are open, even a little the Windows will not move.

You are coding the central locks, & not the radio for the widow code? Just making sure. Mine works just fine with my RNS-E

Do you own a B6 a4? Note that we are both B6 A4's.

Mike@Startup
06-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Do you own a B6 a4? Note that we are both B6 A4's.
Here is the link for the RNS-E, there is NOTHING about the windows, or remote
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_Radio/Navigation_System_%28RNS-E%29

Here is link for coding the remote, look, it's got the windows in there....
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A4_%288E%29_Comfort_System

A4 TSCHUSS
06-17-2007, 01:07 PM
my windows still work, for some reason they didnt that one day but they go up and down with the remote now and I didn't do anything different. Very weird....... Maybe stick your key into the ignition and turn it to on and hold down one of the buttons on the key. Then take key out and try to roll them up/down.

EMRtek
06-18-2007, 09:03 AM
my windows still work, for some reason they didnt that one day but they go up and down with the remote now and I didn't do anything different. Very weird....... Maybe stick your key into the ignition and turn it to on and hold down one of the buttons on the key. Then take key out and try to roll them up/down.

I just tested the windows with the remote and they are working now, weird hah?

47Ronin
06-19-2007, 09:01 AM
The windows won't work for a bit - if it happens u can disconnect and plug the bat. back in - tats what i did when i put in my rns-e

Ruska
06-26-2007, 07:42 AM

I can still work my windows via the key fob if the doors are open. I dont think that matters.