PDA

View Full Version : Fuel for the Q7

mdkellys
05-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Do you guys and gals run premium in your cars? Our dealership said that all the salesmen now just run regular in their cars and that the premium requirement is really for other parts of the world where the fuel is inconsistent in quality. I don't know if I believe them.

audiwop
05-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Look at it this way, the car has knock sensors and the ECU will adjust to the octane that you have in their. I live in CA and run the middle grade 89oct. I haven't noticed anything bad or knocking in the motor.

mdkellys
05-23-2007, 10:07 AM
We haven't not had any problems running the regular fuel supplemented with the occasional premium tank. I wonder if Audi would consider regular fuel as a warranty breaker?

AudiGuy666
05-23-2007, 12:02 PM
It's simple , you put in the car what is say on the inside of the gas tank.

Adubyad
05-23-2007, 09:29 PM
just use premium, if you can afford a Q7 you can afford to take care of it... if you can't.. get an A4... much cheaper on gas

mdkellys
05-31-2007, 07:56 AM
I got 21.7 miles per gallon this past weekend on our trip which involved a lot of stop and go traffic on I-95. What do the rest of you get on average?

doubletwins
06-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I got 21.7 miles per gallon this past weekend on our trip which involved a lot of stop and go traffic on I-95. What do the rest of you get on average?

I think we get 13-14 around town. It's really disappointing.

I usually have to keep the car in S mode. Driving it in D mode is very frustrating. The Q seems to always be in the wrong gear and it seem to take forever to downshift. I really wish it only had 5 gears. It feels like it has turbo lag...lol

BTW: I run regular gas in it and it still costs around $75 to fill it up. Combined with the shitty gas mileage... [mad]

mdkellys
06-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Do you have the 8 cylinder engine or the 6? We have the six in ours. My wife drives it a majority of the time and she was happy with the six.

doubletwins
06-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Do you have the 8 cylinder engine or the 6? We have the six in ours. My wife drives it a majority of the time and she was happy with the six.

We've got the V8. No where near enough power for us. My Lexus GX470 is faster than the Q7. :(

Albeit, we went from a B5 S4 to a A6 2.7T to this... but it's still lacking in the get up and go dept.

mdkellys
06-03-2007, 02:58 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Q7s drive with the diesel engines.

mksap11
06-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Do you guys and gals run premium in your cars? Our dealership said that all the salesmen now just run regular in their cars and that the premium requirement is really for other parts of the world where the fuel is inconsistent in quality. I don't know if I believe them.

Hmm...follow the recommendations of the Audi Engineers, you know, the guys who designed your car or follow the advice of a bunch of salemen at your local dealer....

B18b1ex
06-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Look at it this way, the car has knock sensors and the ECU will adjust to the octane that you have in their. I live in CA and run the middle grade 89oct. I haven't noticed anything bad or knocking in the motor.

If you have a problem, and they test the fuel. I'm sure you will get a large bill for your dealer, for not using the correct fuel grade.[=(] It is a waste to run that risk for 10-15 cents per gallon.