PDA

View Full Version : Retrofitting Sharkfin antenna

HeymyA4
05-12-2007, 06:37 PM
I just got in my Sharkfin Antenna... ($65.00 off the net) I have been reading all day about how to retro fit the damn thing the only thing is that... Im guessing on the newer A4's 04+ they have a stampd spot on the inside of the roof behind the light in the back that sits over the back seats... I have an 02... I looked and even peeled away the sound insulation stuff and I do not see where its suppose to go... I have read where other guys see this hole or what ever it is in the 04's and up can someone take a look for me... or post a pic which would be better...

Thanks Guys!!!

audifirst
05-13-2007, 05:42 PM
you won't find it, they install different roof at the factory, with pre drill hole, and metal support for bolt, are you trying to install navigation that you want the antenna or just for looks ?

HeymyA4
05-14-2007, 09:31 AM
you won't find it, they install different roof at the factory, with pre drill hole, and metal support for bolt, are you trying to install navigation that you want the antenna or just for looks ?

No for the Navi, Satellite radio, phone part of it... not really for looks...

teddybgame
05-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Most of the ebay audi fin antennas from Hong Kong etc...only have GPS support...but DO NOT have the cable for SAT radio (XM/Sirius). I'm guessing you just wasted $70.

Start your reading here:
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1521

Good luck!

HeymyA4
05-24-2007, 06:42 AM
No actually,I didnt the Sharkfin from ebay it came off a 2004 S4....