PDA

View Full Version : German Navigation DVD

BBGLIVR6
05-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I will moving to Germany in a year and was wondering if anyone knows how to get a German Nav DVD? I am sure I could get it from a German Audi dealer, but I was wondering if I could save a couple hundred bucks. Thanks![az]

PetrolDave
05-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Look on eBay - there's normally several European RNS-E DVD's on there (Western Europe is on one DVD and Eastern Europe an another if you get a 2007 DVD).

Fly in the ointment is ... if you have a US supplied RNS-E it WON'T work with a European DVD unless you do some special tricks to put your RNS-E into European mode - see over on www.navplus.us for details.

German Driver
05-08-2007, 10:43 PM
If you have a problem sourcing one, let me know. I have an OEM dsic avail.

barkerd427
05-20-2007, 11:40 AM
I am using a european disc in my american rns-e unit and it works just fine.

PetrolDave
05-28-2007, 10:33 AM
I am using a european disc in my american rns-e unit and it works just fine.
You're the only person in the world then..... look over on www.navplus.us there's a whole load of discussion about how to make a US disc work in a European RNS-E and vice versa.

barkerd427
07-01-2007, 01:09 PM
It is possible that what needed to be done had already been done to the disc. It was a burned copy the dealer gave me, but I saw the original disk and it was definitely the european disk. He also told me that it was. A previous customer had probably already done the hack and gave copies to the dealer.