PDA

View Full Version : RS4 Widebody kit for B5

Penman
05-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Does anyone know where to buy a full RS4 Widebody conversion kit for the B5 other than gmgracing.com? They have it for $7450 plus shipping. I'm just wanting to shop pricing a bit and I've hit a dead end. Any help or suggestions on where to go and look would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

scooter44
05-02-2007, 11:03 AM
You could find a shop in your area to fabricate something for you. Probably be cheaper than 7500.

AnthraciteA4
05-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for since the grille is ghey! But they sell wide body http://www.estrictlyforeign.com (http://www.estrictlyforeign.com/asp/products_sel.asp?L1=1&L2=Audi&L3=A4/S4%2096-01)

F16HTON
05-03-2007, 02:06 PM
GMG is your best bet to receive the OEM components...you could install a hunk of shit eStrictly Foreign setup or have some shop jerry rig your car...

There is a reason there are very few true RS4 conversions here in states.

FWIW I do not source the parts and have no interest in doing so.

xpl0sive
05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
there was someone on here selling their rs4 kit, do a search

3M0RT4L
05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
GMG is your best bet to receive the OEM components...you could install a hunk of shit eStrictly Foreign setup or have some shop jerry rig your car...

There is a reason there are very few true RS4 conversions here in states.

FWIW I do not source the parts and have no interest in doing so.

The seidl WB doesn't look that bad at all. I think if the front bumper had 1 slit molded (to look like the OEM RS4) and OEM RS4 mesh.. it would look really good. Accompanied by an RS4 grill and no eyelids. I would probably mold 1 slit on the rear bumper as well.

tigasTT
12-05-2007, 08:18 AM
www.achtuning.com had them before

mike-2ptzero
12-07-2007, 01:40 AM
The seidl WB doesn't look that bad at all. I think if the front bumper had 1 slit molded (to look like the OEM RS4) and OEM RS4 mesh.. it would look really good. Accompanied by an RS4 grill and no eyelids. I would probably mold 1 slit on the rear bumper as well.

That kit is way to rounded giving the fenders and 1/4 panels a bubble look which in no way looks as good as the OEM stuff.

There is a guy that made a set of OEM RS4 replacement parts in CF, he made a set of fenders and rear door but not sure what he did with the 1/4 panel. He had talked to Fred about maybe trading for some front CF doors when he found out that we were going to be doing some.

HighDesertAudi
12-07-2007, 11:59 AM
SDR Research (aka X1-Racer) Makes CF copies of the OEM RS4 front fenders for $700

http://sdr-research.com/rs4wb/cf.htm

mike-2ptzero
12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
SDR Research (aka X1-Racer) Makes CF copies of the OEM RS4 front fenders for $700

http://sdr-research.com/rs4wb/cf.htm

Yeah I think that is the guy that talked to fred.

OEMplus.com
12-19-2007, 12:55 AM
I am not sure how many pieces GMG includes in their kit (not a slight), but there are nearly 35 unique parts required to do a complete, correct conversion. We just updated our pricing on them last week for a customer and it's currently running about $12,500 for everything. If you want to save a little, it could probably be done for around $10k by eliminating some non-critical items like fender liners, etc.

Items needed are:
- Bumper Cover, Front
- Front Grills; Upper, Lower Left, Right & Center
- Front Bumper Brackets; Left & Right
- Fog Light Assemblies, Left & Right
- Cover under engine, w/hardware
- Front Fenders; Left & Right
- Door Sills; LF, RF, LR & RR
- Door Skins; LF, RF, LR & RR
- Felt Fender Liners; LF, RF, LR & RR
- Bumper Cover, Rear Avant
- Roof Spoiler
- Fuel Filler Cover
- Rear Inner Fenders, Left & Right
- Rear Quarter Panels, Left & Right
- Side Moldings, Left & Right

Ocean freight from Germany to Florida is included in that price and they would continue by truck to anywhere in North America from there.

As an aside, the carbon fenders from SDR are actually 20% cheaper than the factory steel ones. Got to love the Euro! [:(]

GO-GOTEKNO
12-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for since the grille is ghey! But they sell wide body http://www.estrictlyforeign.com

this kit isnt that bad if you really like need for speed:underground

schusters4
01-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Have you looked at Europrice? http://euro-audi-parts.com? They have a kit and I believe it's pretty resonable. I'm looking into doing the same up grade but I just need to find a shop that is good enough to take on a task such as a full RS4 body kit for a sedan.

docurley
03-10-2008, 03:45 AM
Check this guy out he makes RS4 body parts in fiberglass, Carbon or even Kevlar if you like.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/auto-sportwelt_Audi-A4_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ4QQftidZ2QQtZkm

darylm101
11-04-2008, 07:21 AM
What about this duraflex stuff?

rear: http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/9601-audi-duraflex-rear-bumper-p-19947.html

front: http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/9601-audi-duraflex-front-bumper-p-19224.html

Is this a cheap substitute that is not worth my time?

docurley
11-04-2008, 12:41 PM
It's not wide body.

tdimpreza
11-04-2008, 03:36 PM
is SDR even active they never return any of my emails

CARTEL
11-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I am not sure how many pieces GMG includes in their kit (not a slight), but there are nearly 35 unique parts required to do a complete, correct conversion. We just updated our pricing on them last week for a customer and it's currently running about $12,500 for everything. If you want to save a little, it could probably be done for around $10k by eliminating some non-critical items like fender liners, etc.

Items needed are:
- Bumper Cover, Front
- Roof Spoiler
- Fuel Filler Cover

Ocean freight from Germany to Florida is included in that price and they would continue by truck to anywhere in North America from there.

As an aside, the carbon fenders from SDR are actually 20% cheaper than the factory steel ones. Got to love the Euro! [:(]

Do your prices change on current trading value? Just wondering if I could still get this all for ~10k...

Scotty@Advanced
11-28-2008, 09:54 PM
I just ordered the 1/4 panels and sourced used doors front fenders, and bumpers. The 1/4 panels are on a 6-9 week back order :(. I'll be out less than 5g's and 2/3 of that cost was the 1/4 panels!

docurley
11-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Rear quarter have more than doubled since I did mine.

HighDesertAudi
11-30-2008, 09:15 PM

Items needed are:
- Bumper Cover, Front
- Roof Spoiler
- Fuel Filler Cover

Why did you include front door skins?

Scotty@Advanced
12-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Front door skins for the RS4 lack the lower pins to hold the lower rubber strips. You can cut those off your stock front doors. If you have a 99 1/5 and prior the door handles are different, as is the skins.

ba5
12-01-2008, 11:43 AM
do you have any idea how much shipping costs are? I live in germany, wondering if I can get it down for cheaper. The euro doing good also, 1.27 to 1.00 today.

HighDesertAudi
12-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Front door skins for the RS4 lack the lower pins to hold the lower rubber strips. You can cut those off your stock front doors. If you have a 99 1/5 and prior the door handles are different, as is the skins.

Good point I never thought of the pre 99.5's having different door handles even though I used to own one[headbang]

OEMplus.com
12-01-2008, 10:34 PM
do you have any idea how much shipping costs are? I live in germany, wondering if I can get it down for cheaper. The euro doing good also, 1.27 to 1.00 today.

We can ship this within Germany if you want. Please contact us for details.