PDA

View Full Version : OEM iPod Integration Question

RedDevil
03-03-2007, 09:46 AM
I tried searching, but didn't find an answer so: Does the OEM iPod connector still allow you to have satellite radio with the iPod?

TIA

PetrolDave
03-03-2007, 10:40 AM
The iPod replaces the CD changer.

The CD changer connects through the satellite radio, so the iPod connects through the satellite radio.

satellite radio +iPod - yes
satellite radio + CD changer - yes

iPod + CD changer - NO
satellite radio +iPod + CD changer - NO

Both those last two can be achieved by using the Dension Gateway 400 instead of the Audi iPod adapter.

RedDevil
03-03-2007, 10:44 AM
So then is this possible with the OEM one: In dash changer + iPod + Satellite?

I have the iceLink now and obviously it doesn't work and to me I thougt the OEM one and the iceLink were the same, but I guess I'm wrong if the above is true.

Thanks Again

AudiA4b6US
03-03-2007, 04:14 PM
CD changer always refers in this context to an external CD changer. The internal changer in the Symphony head unit works fine with an iPod interface and SAT receiver both connected at the same time. This is true for the OEM iPod interface as well as Icelink, Dice, PIE or whatever they are called.

mojomo777
04-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, I just had my installer put in the OEM adapter into my Symphony and it replaced the XM and does not function with the radio advance buttons nor does the adapter charge the unit. Obviously something is wrong. does anyone know the answer or could point me to someone that knows?

PetrolDave
04-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Well, I just had my installer put in the OEM adapter into my Symphony and it replaced the XM and does not function with the radio advance buttons nor does the adapter charge the unit. Obviously something is wrong. does anyone know the answer or could point me to someone that knows?
Try looking over on www.navplus.us

Some installers don't install the iPod adapter correctly, instead of connecting it through the XM they just plug it in place of the XM - it's quicker and cheaper for them but leaves you with a bad job.