PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Homelink

OneFastBMW
02-28-2007, 04:45 PM
OK, my dad has a 2005 A8L W12, my mom has a 2006 S4 Cab, and I have a 2007 S4 Sedan on order. We have four Overhead Door Phantom garage door openers. They say on the websote that they are Homelink compatable if that helps. They are rolling code because there is the learn button on the opener on the ceiling. No matter what i do i cannnot get the Homelink openers to work. Can someone please give me some help on what to do.

VroomVroom
02-28-2007, 04:51 PM
I can help, but I'll need the use of your Dad's car for a week, your Mom's car the following week, and then your car for a week when it arrives. Testing, you know. [:D]

I always seem to have trouble programming on rolling-code units. I take it you've programmed the Homelink button from the remote prior to pressing the 'learn' button on the opener and then finishing the job in the car? Seems to take two-three tries for me in most cases, yet I swear I don't do anything different on each try.

If I read correctly, you have four doors you can open, but only three Homelink buttons...that'll be your toughest decision...which door loses out? [rolleyes]

OneFastBMW
02-28-2007, 10:30 PM
The foth door is our hunting car 1996 Lexus LX450 with a 12,000 lb winch and 3 inch lift. What procedure do you use for programming the car. Please me as specific as possible.

Mk2vdubman
03-01-2007, 05:03 AM
You press and hold which button you want to assign to a specific door until it starts blinking slowly. It'll seem like it never will, but just keep your finger on it until it does. Now you have 1 minute to program it before you have to go back and repeat the process. Grab the garage door opener and walk to the front of the car. On most, the homelink transponder is behind the bumper inbetween the pass. side headlight and the grill. Get your old opener as close to the car as you can and press and hold the button until your flashers blink. Then it's the same for the other 2 buttons.

Duchenbagen
03-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Step1. Turn on car to the ACC postion only (do not start engine.)
Step 2. Press and hold button that you would like programed until the light begins to flash.
Step 3. Take remote from garage door opener walk outside of car. Put garage door open close to passenger headlight and push the button on the remote until the cars blinkers blink.
Step 4. Locate the "Learn Button" on garage door opener and press it.
Step 5. Return to the inside of car and press the button that you had previously pressed.
Step 6. Optional: Drink a beer.

German Driver
03-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Step1. Turn on car to the ACC postion only (do not start engine.)
Step 2. Press and hold button that you would like programed until the light begins to flash.
Step 3. Take remote from garage door opener walk outside of car. Put garage door open close to passenger headlight and push the button on the remote until the cars blinkers blink.
Step 4. Locate the "Learn Button" on garage door opener and press it.
Step 5. Return to the inside of car and press the button that you had previously pressed.
Step 6. Optional: Drink a beer.

Correct steps. If it does not take it's simply incompatible device =( My old Geanie does not like my Homelink. PITA if you ask me!

ghstrdr4
03-04-2007, 11:06 AM
I did mine and it took a while and I still need to press the homelink button 3 or 4 times to get the garage door to open and or close.

keep at it......

Mk2vdubman
03-05-2007, 05:31 AM
I did mine and it took a while and I still need to press the homelink button 3 or 4 times to get the garage door to open and or close.

keep at it......

Same here. I found if I hold down the homelink button for a sec or two it opens no problem.

heliskyr
03-14-2007, 10:22 PM

That step is what did it for me when I was originally setting up my Homelink. Trying to code it next to the homelink button in the driver's seat wouldn't work for me. Good advice!

OneFastBMW
03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
got it all working now. Thanks for all the help

GTO
04-11-2007, 02:34 PM
I have a rolling code, i followed the procedures in the maunal at first to program the car. Then you'll have to look on the garage door opening mechanism itself for a red button (at least Genie) Push that button until it starts its learning sequence, return to the car with the keys still in the ignition and begin hitting that button which you want to program until the garage door either starts going up or down, move thorough slowly as not to pass it up and push the button again. once you have the garage going down, shut the engine and pull the key, it should of been able to learn the rolling code.

"Always read prior post to save redundancy! Opps"