PDA

View Full Version : When watching a DVD in the back seats..

CaptHowdy
02-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Can you listen to the movies throught the speakers or do you just have to use the headphones? I read through all the manuals and couldn't find anything. I know in my Tahoe you can listen through the car speakers or through the headphones. Anyone know or know a way so that you can listen to DVDs through the cars system?

ECSPGH
02-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah, wiring it correctly.

CaptHowdy
02-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah, wiring it correctly.

Thanks for the very informative answer. So are you saying from the factory you can't and it would need to be wired differently?

ECSPGH
02-16-2007, 04:07 PM
If Im understanding you correctly, you're factory setup isnt playing the dvd audio through your cars system, right?

Vag-com and then try to solve the issue yourself

or

Go to your nearest audi dealership and give them your most friendly WTF?

CaptHowdy
02-17-2007, 09:39 AM
If Im understanding you correctly, you're factory setup isnt playing the dvd audio through your cars system, right?

Vag-com and then try to solve the issue yourself

or

Go to your nearest audi dealership and give them your most friendly WTF?

Yes you are correct. If I play a DVD I have no sound unless I hook up the headphones. I wasn't sure if this was how it was supposed to be or not. I read all the manuals but I didn't see anything about playing it through the speakers. I will call the dealer. I appreciate your help.

Liam@TheGallery
02-17-2007, 03:21 PM
No...the RSE is a separate system and has no connections to the MMI Audio.

CaptHowdy
02-18-2007, 04:42 PM
No...the RSE is a separate system and has no connections to the MMI Audio.

Oh ok that clears that up then. Thank you. Is there a way to fix it so you can listen through the speakers?

ECSPGH
02-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Wait a second, Ive been in a 04 that had full stereo sound. I doubt that it was modded, the owner doesnt do anything with his cars. But its worth a double check.