PDA

View Full Version : audi concert - Safe Mode ?

Ch Conceptz
02-05-2007, 05:20 PM
hello,

Got my battery disconnected the other day when i was geting my comp flashed.
And then that day I tryed to insert the code, but i was trying the wrong code. oops, once i did it once, it said 1 safe. then i did it again not knowing it was the wrong code. and it said 2 safe. and now it wont even let me try to put the code in.

? is.. Do i have to disconect the battery again so it resets itself. I gues its locking me out ?

Thank you for your info. and YES i did find the REAL Radio Card with the real code on.

Thanks
Cory

PetrolDave
02-06-2007, 06:45 AM
You have to leave the radio on for an hour before it will let you enter the code.

Disconnecting the battery or fuse won't help.

AUD-A4
02-06-2007, 07:43 AM
hello,

Got my battery disconnected the other day when i was geting my comp flashed.
And then that day I tryed to insert the code, but i was trying the wrong code. oops, once i did it once, it said 1 safe. then i did it again not knowing it was the wrong code. and it said 2 safe. and now it wont even let me try to put the code in.

? is.. Do i have to disconect the battery again so it resets itself. I gues its locking me out ?

Thank you for your info. and YES i did find the REAL Radio Card with the real code on.

Thanks
Cory

where did you find the code card?i've been searching everywhere to get a hint where it could be but no luck. all i have is a concert radio serial number in my maintnence manual

ingolstadt
02-06-2007, 09:58 AM
I lowered mine yesterday and now I have the same problem and I have no manual because I bought it used... Can anyone give me an idea where I can find the code and how the heck I enter it in? Thanks all!

Ch Conceptz
02-06-2007, 11:36 AM
well mine was in my audio concert manual. your supose to tear it out and keep it. but when i called the dealer with my problem. they said bring it in to take out the radio. the code is on the back .

which i found weird. cuz if sumone steals it , they can look on the back for the code to make it work. that sorta defeats the safe mode purpose. ha.

AUD-A4
02-06-2007, 01:25 PM
ok,b/c i have everything except for the radio manual,but there is the serial number in the maintnence book. so on the back of the radio theres a card or what exactly?i've been driving w/out my radio for about 3weeks now and its kicking my ars and i refuse to pay $60 for a code that i could put in myself!!! thanx for your help

ingolstadt
02-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Does anyone know where I can find instructions for the head unit removal? I searched but came up empty...

PetrolDave
02-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Does anyone know where I can find instructions for the head unit removal? I searched but came up empty...
Insert the 4 special keys for an Audi radio into the horizontal slots near each corner of the front panel until they click ... and pull evenly on all 4.

Head unit will slide out.

Ch Conceptz
02-08-2007, 07:05 AM
well I put in the Code like it says on my Radio Card. and It still is locked up. I did exactly how it says in the Concert manual.

???

ingolstadt
02-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Insert the 4 special keys for an Audi radio into the horizontal slots near each corner of the front panel until they click ... and pull evenly on all 4.

Head unit will slide out.

Thank you sir!