PDA

View Full Version : new addition to the family..

myaudibaby
01-28-2007, 06:58 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116662

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/bnitsche/IMG_1634.jpg

Anthony
01-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Very nice. What do you guys think of it so far? Lease or finance? I'm 90% getting one myself in 4-5 months.

myaudibaby
01-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Very nice. What do you guys think of it so far? Lease or finance? I'm 90% getting one myself in 4-5 months.

it's a very awesome car! interior is top notch. [up] it's a lease. wifey changes car almost every year.

Anthony
01-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. I noticed there is a lease special on the 3.6 Premium right now, but it's for 10k miles/year for 3 years. I usually like doing a 2 year lease. Any particular reason you went with a 3.6 over the 4.2? I'm still debating the engine choice. Would prefer the TDI but it won't be available in time.

myaudibaby
01-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the reply. I noticed there is a lease special on the 3.6 Premium right now, but it's for 10k miles/year for 3 years. I usually like doing a 2 year lease. Any particular reason you went with a 3.6 over the 4.2? I'm still debating the engine choice. Would prefer the TDI but it won't be available in time.

wifey doesn't drive on freeway. her work is only 7 miles from home. stop and go situation. going with the V8 is most likely not a good choice. (gas consumption) besides, the 3.6 has more than enough power (for her).[:D] the 4.2 is awesome though. i would sell my A4 for the TDI if it's available.

Anthony
01-29-2007, 03:57 PM
I was surprised that the 3.6 wasn't that much better on gas than the 4.2. Definitely a price and power difference though. The TDI would be the best of all worlds.

I'd really like the Adaptive Air Suspension.

A4Ash
02-02-2007, 09:29 AM
I have the Q7 3.6 premium and the vehicle does move out. It is not a dog. It all depends on what your needs are. If you really don't tow anything, then the 3.6 is probably fine. I have no problem getting onto the freeway at will, passing when its needed. Its all personal preference. I drove both, and didn't find the need to spend the extra money on the 4.2. The great thing about the Q7 is almost all the options on the 4.2 models are available on the 3.6, so you really don't miss out on any of the tech goodies by going with the smaller motor. I do agree, the 3.0 TDI would be the best of both worlds. I'm leasing mine, so when the time comes to replace it, I will definetly, give the TDI a look.

Anthony
02-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I have the Q7 3.6 premium and the vehicle does move out. It is not a dog. It all depends on what your needs are. If you really don't tow anything, then the 3.6 is probably fine. I have no problem getting onto the freeway at will, passing when its needed. Its all personal preference. I drove both, and didn't find the need to spend the extra money on the 4.2. The great thing about the Q7 is almost all the options on the 4.2 models are available on the 3.6, so you really don't miss out on any of the tech goodies by going with the smaller motor. I do agree, the 3.0 TDI would be the best of both worlds. I'm leasing mine, so when the time comes to replace it, I will definetly, give the TDI a look.

May I ask what your lease terms look like? Looks like you got yourself a very well optioned 3.6.

Silververtu
02-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I tried the 4.2L Q7 Premium 2 months ago. I really like it. However, I am debating myself whether I need such a big car or not.

A4Ash
02-09-2007, 10:34 PM
I tried the 4.2L Q7 Premium 2 months ago. I really like it. However, I am debating myself whether I need such a big car or not.

It depends on your needs. Are you carry alot of people, cargo, etc around. Do you like to drive a larger vehicle. It is all personal taste.

The great thing about the Q7 is that it doesn't drive like a truck. It handles really well and for the most part drives like a car.

47Ronin
03-16-2007, 10:17 PM
I finally decided on the q7 over the x5 im picking up the 3.6 motor

mdkellys
05-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I also decided on the Q7 over the X-5 and new Acura MDX. They were both nice but just not the right size when you have two kids and a 90 pound golden retriever. This is the first Audi I have owned and I have to say that the interior blows away the BMW and Acura. We got the 3.6 Premium, with the tow, nav, bluetooth, rear camera, etc. I have to say we love the blind spot indicators on the mirror. The one disappointment is that Audi doesn't have a rear entertainment system for 2007. Also the Condor Gray color gets people talking wherever we go.

mdkellys
05-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Do you run premium or regular gas in your Q7? Our dealership recommends you run regular gas and that is what all the sales guys run in their cars.