PDA

View Full Version : BT Compatible Phone List

German Driver
12-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Alright folks, after numerous emails and posts on the subject I think it's time we try to compile an active list of cell phones which are known to be compatible with the RNS-E & BT Tech Package offered on the various Audi model line vehicles. Please comment on the thread and I will add your phone data to the list in the main post.

Phone: Blackberry 8700
Compatible: Yes
Phone Book Directory: Yes
Received Call Log: No
Missed Call Log: No
Incoming Call Log: No
Outgoing Call Log: No

http://www.komunikatory.cz/media/telefony/20050930-blackberry_8700.jpg

BT Phone Compatability List
Cingular Blackberry 8700 C
Cingular HTC Startrec 3125
Cingular HTC 8525 *
Cingular Samsung i607 BlackJack *
Cingular Treo 650 *
Cingular Razr V3

* Limited functionality

drbwell
12-13-2006, 03:52 PM
German Driver,

Thanks for this Sticky!

Cingular 3125: Works great
Cingular 8525: Connects to Bluetooth then disconnects, problematic
Cingular Samsung i607 aka "BlackJack": Works only as Blutooth Phone, no Phone Book, Call list, etc., waste of time in my opinion since the car features are not usable!
Treo 650: Favorites only
Motorola Razer: Works very well

PROXUS
12-13-2006, 05:19 PM
looks like somone bought Blackberry 8700 [:D] lol

German Driver
12-13-2006, 06:06 PM
looks like somone bought Blackberry 8700 [:D] lol

Actually getting rid of it after year plus. Moving on to the new Blackberry Pearl Friday [:p]

acasertano
01-25-2007, 01:27 AM
I.m Sorry i have a pda qtek s-100 (i-mate jam) with windows mobile 2003. Somebody know the compatibility with the audi BT module?
Thank you very much.

SKIPPY_AR
01-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Moving on to the new Blackberry Pearl Friday [:p]

kool
I'm gettin the Treo700w on Monday....then sometime this year I wanna add the BT module.
Anyone know how compatible the treo700w is.
I hope it's better than the 650...

VroomVroom
01-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Great stuff! I'll be trying out the Treo 750 this evening, but here are my experiences with two other Cingular phones:

Phone: HTC/Cingular 8525
Compatible: No*
Phone Book Directory: No

* As mentioned above, the device actually completes handshake and connects, but disconnects after a few moments. It will inermittently reconnect and disconnect repeatedly thereafter. This is true even with the latest (v1.38?...I can't remember) South African firmware release. The issue has been tracked down to the v2.0 Bluetooth chipset and/or OS driver. It is not a function of the M$ v2 Bluetooth stack as this piece works fine in the Audi in other phones. Namely...

Phone: Samsung i607/Blackjack
Compatible: Yes*
Phone Book Directory: Yes*

From a basic functionality standpoint, this setup rocks. Range is easily 25', which is convenient if you keep the phone on your belt or in your pocket. I get my complete contacts list, but it's a pain to scroll alphabetically, hence the asterisk. The reason I'm trying the Treo 750 is that the battery life on the Blackjack is absolutely abysmal. I'm running the extended battery and am lucky to get 12 hours. Granted, I run bluetooth and OMA constantly, but this wasn't an issue with the 8525.

Update on the Treo 750.
No good. Same exact issue as with the 8525. I'm bummed!

PetrolDave
01-26-2007, 05:25 AM
Phone: Nokia N70
Compatible: No*

* The device actually completes handshake and connects, but disconnects randomly after anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so. Turning Bluetooth on the phone off and back on restores the connection, until it disconnects again ...

Phone: Sony Ericsson K610i
Received Call Log: Yes
Missed Call Log: Yes
Incoming Call Log: Yes
Outgoing Call Log: Yes

A fully compatible 3G phone - just make sure you don't have any contacts with a phone number of type "Other", if you do the Bluetooth connection will break.

VroomVroom
01-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Looking at this from the other side, anyone heard if Audi plans a f/w revision to address the (in)compatability issues with so many v2 Bluetooth phones?

parealtor
02-24-2007, 11:12 AM
2006 S4 avant and Treo 700w with Verizon

BT connection works sometimes (usually best when the phone is charged). Once connected via BT you can dial and receive calls via the phone. The phone book doesnt work at all. The TREO 700 speed dial settings are recognized by the car but when you select one to dial out the system mutes the music but the phone seems to lock up and wont complete the call.

Das Blitz
02-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Phone: Motorola Q
Ring Tone: Yes

16v
03-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Looking at this from the other side, anyone heard if Audi plans a f/w revision to address the (in)compatability issues with so many v2 Bluetooth phones?

I've asked the same question to Audi NA and at this time the answer is no. I'm hoping to work with them and AG on this very subject.

AlisoA4
03-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Update on the Treo 750.
No good. Same exact issue as with the 8525. I'm bummed!

Sorry to hear... I had the exact same experience with a 750....

When I looked around in the 'net a bit, I found that the Treo 750 is built by HTC who happens to be the manufacturer of the 8525. I had very similar connect / disconnect / reconnect issues with my prior PDA, which was a Siemens SX66 and ALSO built by HTC.

So... maybe HTC devices are just not compatible with the Audi BT setup...

I am, for now, keeping my Treo 650 which really works like a charm with the car's BT.

VroomVroom
03-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Interesting - I didn't know that the 750 was an HTC device. So Palm is just slapping their name on it?

I've got my 8525 configured to be 'good enough.' Meaning it connects, disconnects within a minute, and then reconnects within 30 seconds....all automatically. I'd still prefer it to be like my wife's Razr, which just flat out works, no questions asked, but this will do.

FYI - my 8525 works like a charm in her Lexus - no issues whatsoever.

Gondi Stylez
03-19-2007, 02:49 PM
What is the BB Pearl like?

German Driver
03-23-2007, 08:47 AM
What is the BB Pearl like?

[down] [down] IMO

AlisoA4
03-23-2007, 02:15 PM
...has anybody tried the BlackBerry 8800 yet?

16v
03-24-2007, 08:10 PM
it pairs but will not share the phone book

yfzcentral
03-26-2007, 12:27 AM
I have the Blackberry 8800 and it pairs and the phone book works as well.

kill4surf
03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Sony Ericsson W810 UNLOCKED - Works Great, phonebook, everything THE BEST IMO best phone I ever owned. will never get rid of

Sony Ericsson M600i UNLOCKED - Works, but disconnects every 2 seconds ANNOYING AS HELL so I sold the phone

Nokia N73 UNLOCKED - Works, no phonebook TOLERABLE use as daily phone

16v
03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
I have the Blackberry 8800 and it pairs and the phone book works as well.

what is the BT module version, or what is the name it broadcasts when you search on your mobile?

16v
03-30-2007, 10:52 PM
hello? I'm trying to diagnose a problem and your info would be helpful

yfzcentral
03-30-2007, 11:21 PM
hello? I'm trying to diagnose a problem and your info would be helpful

Patience Patience...I don't check here everyday.

Not sure what either one you are asking for is. I got my phone the second day it came out if that helps. Probably not. Make sure you have all the options correctly set on the BB8800.

Gondi Stylez
03-31-2007, 07:23 PM
[down] [down] IMO

can u expand on that a little scott?!

16v
03-31-2007, 10:11 PM
Patience Patience...I don't check here everyday.

Not sure what either one you are asking for is. I got my phone the second day it came out if that helps. Probably not. Make sure you have all the options correctly set on the BB8800.

sorry about that.

specifically, when you go to pair the mobile with the car, what does the car appear as on the mobile ie: Audi-UVHxxx or similar

Thanks

AlisoA4
04-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Phone: Blackberry 8100 (Pearl, Black, Cingular Wireless)

This combination really works very well for me. My only concern is how long it takes to scroll through my phone book using the scroll button on the steering wheel... but that's due to how many entries I have.

I REALLY like the BlackBerry Pearl as a regular phone / PDA / Email monster. -RIM's BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) isn't real great though, it is not (in my opinion) real push email: I am using the BIS to forward email from my own email server using an IMAP4 connection. BIS won't / can't use the IMAP protocol's native ability to do event-driven email notifications. In stead, BIS polls my server every 15 minutes. To me, that's not real push email.

All in all, the combiation of car and device is very very good though. The Bt connection between car and device has so far been rock solid.

[up]

Halftrack
04-15-2007, 07:34 PM
My wife and I each recently aquired Treos with the intention of linking them with our new Audi A3. I was looking for maximum pairing so chose the Cingular 680 (per Audi). She his a loyal Verizon customer (best coverage in our area) and took a chance on a 700P. Here are the results:

Phone: Palm TREO 680 (Cingular)
Phone Book Directory: Favorites and sim only

Phone: Palm TREO 700P (Verizon)
Compatible: No (linked briefly and poorly for abour 1.5days)

VroomVroom
04-16-2007, 10:13 AM
That's interesting about the 700P - I had the impression it was an identical phone to the 680.

Halftrack
04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
That's interesting about the 700P - I had the impression it was an identical phone to the 680.
They do look similar. 680 is GSM and is listed on Audi's compatibility chart. The 700P is CDMA and is not listed. IIRC, either Palm or Verizon indicate the 700 series is not compatible with the Audi OEM car kit. Will verify when I get home and check my files tonight. My wife decided to take a chance on the 700p.

profitoral
05-04-2007, 12:36 AM
2006 A6 Avant:

Phone: T-Mobile Dash (aka HTC S620 or HTC Excalibur) - EXCELLENT
Compatible: Yes - FULLY COMPATIBLE
Phone Book: Yes
Import: Yes (from SIM card and Outlook Contacts)
All logs are read from the phone logs.

Phone: SMT5600 (aka SPV C500 and HTC Typhoon) - LIMITED FUNCTIONALITY
Phone Book: No
Received Call Log: Yes*
Missed Call Log: Yes*
Incoming Call Log: Yes*
Outgoing Call Log: Yes*
Import: No
* Limited functionality, it only works per bluetooth connection and all values are reseted after connection is gone. It will log the phone numbers but it won't log names unless they have entered manually in the directory. No MMI view of contacts from the phone at all.
You can initiate calls from the phone (as well as from the MMI) and they'll get directed to the MMI.

Cheers.
= J =

German Driver
05-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Thanks guys, keep 'em comin!

A4_cabrio
05-20-2007, 01:36 AM
anyone tried the Blackberry 7100g?
I really hope it has all the functionality

anyone knows what's going on with navplus.us?
looks like they forgot to pay their server or url bill

kill4surf
05-23-2007, 12:19 PM
My Sony Ericsson P990 works perfect, phone book and all

AlisoA4
06-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, the saga continues:

I have a Treo 680.

The device itself works great with my A4's Bluetooth.

However:
I also have GoodLink on my Treo, and as part of the security profile of Goodlink, the device locks itself after the regular inactivity timeout. When the keypad is locked, I can't dial using car's BT setup.

Having spent about 1.5 hours on the phone with Cingular and Palm, I now know that a Palm Treo 680 CANNOT be dialed using Bluetooth when the keypad is locked.

That is sooo stupid!!!!! [headbang][headbang]

Are you listening Palm? Why the BLEEP did you design you BLEEP'ing device so BLEEP'ingly stupid!!!!!!

So, If I want to make a hands-free call, I have to get the 680 out of its holster, enter the password to unlock it, and THEN place the call. So: The Treo 680 can't be hands-free with Goodlink. and: Goodlink is not oficially supporting the 680.

Man, comprehensive, widely adopted, robust standards are SO needed in this space!!!!!

[headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang]

PROXUS
06-30-2007, 09:03 PM
iPhone is fully compatible.
Tested with RNS-E with firmware 0200
Signal bar is visible too

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/proxus/iphone.jpg

1 sick s4
07-11-2007, 10:33 PM
2006 A6 Avant:

Phone: T-Mobile Dash (aka HTC S620 or HTC Excalibur) - EXCELLENT
Compatible: Yes - FULLY COMPATIBLE
Import: Yes (from SIM card and Outlook Contacts)
All logs are read from the phone logs.

Cheers.
= J =

my dash will not transfer any of this information, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong.

ParkerF1 B7S4
07-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Phone: Sony/Ericsson W810i 'Walkman' Phone
Ring Tone: No

Audiman44
08-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Does anyone have information about the enV and its compatibility and if all the features work in an '08 S4, if 08 info isnt avalible 07 will do

Thanks

A4_cabrio
08-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I got the TREO 750 to work like a charm.
No disconnects anymore and I have full integration with the Address Book.

Phone: Palm Treo 750
Phone Book Directory: Yes*
Ring Tone: No - dont care

* - to make a full sync with the Address Book - you need to have all your contacts added to the CarKit category in addition to their original categories.

Also - if you want to prevent the disconnects you need to disable the power savings features and not have the screen locked. Just let the screen dim but not lock.

Sirfishalot
09-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Sony Ericsson Z600:

Phone works great with the Audi Bluetooth. I still want and iPhone, but not for $500.

JayT

mercury26
09-04-2007, 09:35 AM
2007 Audi S4 and 2006 Audi A4

Phone: Blackberry 8300 (aka Curve)

So far the best mobile phone I have ever owned.

Cheers,

Chuck

A4Pike
09-26-2007, 10:53 AM
2007 Audi S4 and 2006 Audi A4

Phone: Blackberry 8300 (aka Curve)

Cheers,

Chuck

Was this with or without Nav?

skibumdc
10-04-2007, 07:37 AM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s69/rudomat/katana.gif

2006 Audi A4 Symphony II Non-Bose

Phone: Sanyo 8500 Katana DLX
Missed Call Log: ??? Working on this. Just got the phone yesterday

16v
10-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Was this with or without Nav?

works with Nav in our '06 A4

s4-doc
10-21-2007, 05:30 AM
i was just going to ask about the iPhone. Thanks for the post!

audigator
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
My Audi UHV 1675 system automatically reads contacts from my BB8800. Unfortunately, it only reads the first 500 contacts on my BB8800. I tried to have the phone only send a limited number of contacts by having the phone transfer only selected categories of contacts in my address book. I did this by 1) creating a group in Outlook and attaching select contacts to this group and 2) Setting the phone to only transfer the contacts in this group by going into Bluetooth Options on the phone
Unfortunately, this didn't work. When I try to transfer address book from my phone, I get the following message on my phone: "Unable to locate Object Push Server See the manual for your Bluetooth handsfree device."

Any suggestions?

AlisoA4
11-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Phone: AT&T Tilt

WOW!

Here is, finally, a Windows Mobile device (WinMo 6) manufactured by HTC that work FLAWLESSLY with the BT in my B7 A4!

[up][up][up][up][up][up][up]

AlisoA4
11-12-2007, 10:29 PM
My Audi UHV 1675 system automatically reads contacts from my BB8800. Unfortunately, it only reads the first 500 contacts on my BB8800.

I saw the same limitation when I at one point had sooo many duplicate entries in my BlackBerry Pearl's address book, I think I was over 600. The cutoff was exactly at 500 entries. It could look like it's just the limitation fo the BT kit int he car.....

medracr
11-18-2007, 07:15 PM
I love Audizine!!!! been trying to figure out the Treo 750 issue forever!!! thanks guys!
Display only shows the quick dial list still, no the whole phone book. I added everything to the "carkit" list like you said. any ideas?

medracr
11-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I love Audizine!!!! been trying to figure out the Treo 750 issue forever!!! thanks guys!
Display only shows the quick dial list still, no the whole phone book. I added everything to the "carkit" list like you said. any ideas?

medracr
11-20-2007, 10:19 PM
OK....still have a prob with the 750.
When I attempt to dial from the car's phone book, it only uses the first 3 digits of the number, usually the area code, or whatever. Of course, it cant complete the call. Any ideas?

nwnerd
11-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Phone:
Compatible:
Phone Book:
Received Call Log:
Missed Call Log:
Incoming Call Log:
Outgoing Call Log:
Import:
Okay, I have a couple of phones that I think that I can add some data on here, but I'm a little lost on this. I don't have Nav, just the Symphony II+ with the BT module. How much of this data is applicable? The info in the stereo manual is super limited & I have no BT specific manual.

nwnerd
12-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Well, with no replies I'm going to go ahead & contribute what I can. Keep in mind that I'm Symphony II+, with no nav to test these on. The only 3 things on the list that I can figure applies are the phone, compatibility & phone book.

Phone: Razr V3 (Unicel)
Phone Book: Yes (took a bit to get it to import, but no problems after the initial import)

I hated the Razr, the only good thing about it was how well it worked with the Audi's BT. It never, ever dropped out & that was with about 9 months of steady use. But the layout of the phone & sync software (Motorola Phone Tools) sucked.

Phone: Nokia E62 (Unicel)

This phone has a really nice clean layout with great reception, but unfortunately didn't work too well with the Audi. The phone book would never import at all & over the course of about 3-4 days of use I had frequent disconnects with the BT. It was incredibly frustrating to use in the car after so long with the Razr that I had to look for something else. Otherwise I'd still have this phone, it was a joy to use with great software that synced nicely with Outlook.

Phone: HTC S621 (Unicel)

I just got this phone yesterday & I love it. It has all of the contacts grouped in such a way that each contact has 1 entry in the phone with all of its phone numbers within that entry, but the Audi BT is able to pick them all out & individualize them in the car's phone book. So sweet! (One thing that drove me nuts with the Razr is that I'd have multiple entries for people that had more than one phone number, it makes the list soooooo much longer.) Not only that, but in the car's phone book it has a little notation after each name that denotes what type of phone it is - work, mobile, home, etc. This is something that even the Razr didn't do. (Some phone numbers such as "other" wouldn't import to the phone from Outlook, but if you use something that the phone has an entry for then it will import.) It also seems to be a very solid connection with Audi's BT, which is the icing on the cake. Also, no extra software other than Activesync & it syncs beautifully with Outlook 2003. It took a while to customize Windows Mobile to my liking, but with Facade it's now where I want it. I highly recommend it!

AudiTechS4
12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
ive have the audi compatible list if someone will let me send it to them and they can post it . its a pdf file though

Audiman44
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Lg Voyager (vx 10000). Full bluetooth compatibility, with phone book transfer.

Audiman44

Gondi Stylez
12-03-2007, 02:02 AM
does the blackberry 8300/8310 (BB curve) work?

richd
12-29-2007, 02:57 PM
I have a Verizon XV6800 (HTC Mogul)

Hello I just picked up a 2006 A4 and my phone will not sync. It does pair, but the screen just says please use your phone.

How did you get the phone to upload your contacts ?

Phone: AT&T Tilt

WOW!

Here is, finally, a Windows Mobile device (WinMo 6) manufactured by HTC that work FLAWLESSLY with the BT in my B7 A4!

[up][up][up][up][up][up][up]

Blown01NJ
12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Update the first post [:D]

4-tified
02-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Bump.

I just got a Razr V3xx. It pairs easily and solidly with '06 A4 standard audio system.
The problem is that the phone list does NOT load.
I've tried every method of power up/power down, connect, but nothing has worked.

Audi does list the V3xx as compatible and that it will download the phone book.
Well, it doesn't.

My previous Motorola V551 does connect and does load the phone list and it too was solid. I did have a few occasional BT disconnects, but it was rare.

I also have tired a new Nokia 6085. It too works great. Connects solidly and it loads the phone list.

Voice commands work well with the Moto V551, and RAZR V3xx. I didnt' try the
Nokia 6085 with voice.

I really need to find out why Audi lists the V3xx as being able to download the phone list. I like the V3xx, but I won't keep it if I can't use my Audi's full phone capabilities.

If the V3xx doesn't work out, I'm thinking of getting the BB Pearl, the LG Shine, or the Sony W580i.

Can anyone offer some insight as to what's up with the V3xx?
And, can anyone offer experience about the Shine and/or the W580i?

Thanks.

skibumdc
02-13-2008, 10:37 AM
does the blackberry 8300/8310 (BB curve) work?

I have one on the way, so I'll post once I get it up and running.
I expect it to with no problems.

wpg2.0T
02-19-2008, 10:28 AM
I have an older BT phone that actually hooked on my first attempt.

Phone: Pantec 3200

Cheers.

Addicted2Bass
03-23-2008, 11:44 AM
anyone try a Nokia E51, E61 or E90?

nwnerd
03-29-2008, 12:41 AM
I tried an E62 & couldn't get it to stay connected. If I moved it at all, it would disconnect & sometimes in the middle of a call. Very frustrating.

e.Mills
04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
as far as i can tell - the Sanyo Katana II does not link up - searches and searches its little heart out, but no luck. just wanted something that snuck in stealthy into my little "credit card" holder

i'll need to upgrade... does anyone know if the moto Q 9c work as well as the original? What about the PALM Centro?

e.Mills
04-17-2008, 01:43 PM
anybody? i know this is an old thread... but still! oh, and i checked with the Audi dealership, and was able to connect to their new A4's, but none with this version of nav

SMITTY'S A4
09-09-2008, 07:57 PM
guys.....trying to connect BlackBerry Curve 8320 (t-mobile) with the wifey's 2005 A6....& won't pair....anyone else try this model? is there an updated dvd that i can get to support? thanks in advance!

- smitty

quickglx
10-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Lets make this easy. This is public information last revised 7/23/08 by Audi, directly from their website. Complete list of known compatible bluetooth cell phones and their functionality limits, by carrier and manufacturer....

http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/aoa/company/owners.Par.0036.File.pdf

GDT
11-06-2008, 06:46 PM
[headbang]DOES ANYONE KNOW THE code for the blue tooth to connect to my phone is there a universal code or do i have to contact audi for the code? any help would be great. my last phone connected without having to enter a code. but with the blackberry edge you have to enter a code to connect to the car's bluetooth

A6Rox
11-14-2008, 02:15 PM
[headbang]DOES ANYONE KNOW THE code for the blue tooth to connect to my phone is there a universal code or do i have to contact audi for the code? any help would be great. my last phone connected without having to enter a code. but with the blackberry edge you have to enter a code to connect to the car's bluetooth
It should be 1234.

Cyrix9445
11-23-2008, 07:26 AM
Car: 2004 S4 w/ RNS-E
Phone: AT&T Tilt (upgraded to WM6.1)
Bluetooth Module Revision: B
Ring Tone: Yes
Signal Bars: Yes

Works perfectly, no disconnects

quickglx
11-23-2008, 09:36 PM
http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/aoa/company/owners.Par.0040.File.pdf

Newest updated phone list by Audi, revised 11/12/08. 15 new phones added, VX8700 has been removed.

Pworld
12-29-2008, 03:48 PM
The list says motorola Q9c. but i had trouble getting my bluetooth to work after it connected. have to spend more time with it, figure it out.

edit......got it to work perfectly, and shows all contacts.

stangri
01-17-2009, 11:18 PM
anyone try a Nokia E51, E61 or E90?

tried e51 with the 2008 model TT with nav (well, it's one of the first ones, was mnfd in 12/2006). my e51 had the 200-series firmware (flashed it to the 300 yesterday, but won't be coming back to my car for another week) -- it paired and always stayed connected just fine, I would see the incoming calls (don't have the caller id feature with my greedy provider) i could dial as well, but i couldn't sync the phone book. read online that some n810-syncing software would help, tried it, but it didn't.

would love to hear if anyone got better results with new 5800 xm.

apologies for the shortcomings of my post, it's done from a nokia internet tablet.

Bick
02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
The list says motorola Q9c. but i had trouble getting my bluetooth to work after it connected. have to spend more time with it, figure it out.

edit......got it to work perfectly, and shows all contacts.

Same phone, but I've got an A6. How did you do it?

Das Blitz
03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Not in the Audi list but works great.

Phone: Samsung Omnia (i900)
Phone Book Directory: Yes (even adds a suffix for phone type /h for Home, /m for Mobile etc.)

abe
03-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Phone: Blackberry 7130e (Verizon)
Phone Book Directory: Sort of, it displays the phone numbers through the driver information panel and the RNS-E, but the RNS-E says it does not have a phonebook. I can select a name from the thumbwheel and initiate a call, regardless.
Received Call Log: Inaccurate
Missed Call Log: Inaccurate
Incoming Call Log: Inaccurate
Outgoing Call Log: Inaccurate

Anyone try a Blackberry Bold yet? [:D]

abe
04-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Car: 2008 S4 Avant w/RNS-E
Phone: Blackberry 8900
Received Call Log: Yes (will confirm, but appears to work)
Missed Call Log: Yes (will confirm, but appears to work)
Incoming Call Log: No (or not yet)
Outgoing Call Log: No (or not yet)

One very annoying issue is that when the BB bluetooth is connected, you lose the ability to voice dial through the phone itself. That is bad. I guess it is expecting to be able to hear your voice thorugh bluetooth, as if you were using a headset. Apparently the Audi system does not send your voice to the phone for this feature to work. Very very disappointing. If this worked it would allow you to simply bypass the "talk" button on the car, and go directly through the phone. Maybe if I have a headset connected at the same time it'll work?

santos_15
05-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Hello all,

I recently bought a Samsung Omnia and I'm having trouble getting my phonebook/contacts loaded to my car. I have a 2008 Audi Avant and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there is something I can do to fix it and load my contacts to the car. Everything else works in terms of receiving calls and making calls.

Thanks

nahf14
05-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Anyone have any luck connecting an LG Shine to bluetooth in a 2008 Q7??

skibumdc
06-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Just got my iPhone 3GS yesterday.
Car: 2006 A4 w/ Symphony II non-bose
Phone: Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB
Redial: Yes
Received Call Log: N/A
Missed Call Log: N/A
Incoming Call Log: N/A
Outgoing Call Log: N/A
Ring Tone: No
Signal Bars: No, b/c I don't have RNS-E

Trying to trick the iphone to play music through bluetooth to the Audi as well.

Have noticed the iPhone drop bluetooth connection every once in a while. Have to manually tell it to reconnect

SilverBullets
07-23-2009, 12:13 PM
The New BB Tour works with the OEM BT

FASTONE
09-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Has anyone successfully paired a Blackberry Bold 9000 (AT&T)? I would like to make sure before I buy it, it is time for me to update from the N73. Thanks

elito
10-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Not in the Audi list but works great.

Phone: Samsung Omnia (i900)
Phone Book Directory: Yes (even adds a suffix for phone type /h for Home, /m for Mobile etc.)
I have just received my A4 with the symphony package, but I cannot access the contact list, could you tell me the ROM version of your Omnia ? Did you do anything special to pair the phone to the car ?

audballz
12-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I tried this on a non MMI OEM Bluetooth Module Revision B. It seems that Nokia's PBAP profile is hosed on the 5800xm. Suprisingly I get phonebook access with the new Iphone 3GS.

Phone: Nokia 5800XM US version
Compatible: Yes only for Bluetooth handsfree profile
Phone Book Directory: No, not even for SIM
Ringtone: YES

Phone: Nokia 6085
Phone Book Directory: Yes, SIM only
Ringtone: YES

Phone: Iphone 3GS (co-worker's)
Received Call Log: Not sure, don't have RNSE
Missed Call Log: Not sure, don't have RNSE
Incoming Call Log: Not sure, don't have RNSE
Outgoing Call Log: Not sure, don't have RNSE

ItsDubC
12-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Sony Ericsson K550i pairs up fine w/ MMI-low on B8 A4. Contact names don't show up tho, just the numbers. Also, ringtone doesn't transfer.

evil_O
12-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Droid:

Pairs up
Those that you call can't hear you

What else is there to say?

philaboy
12-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Can't use Droid, what other new Verizion phones will pair? anyone? I need a new phone ASAP. My phone right now is the Env 2 and everything works with my NAV, and I like it that way[:)] but it will not charge and the C-suckers want $50 for a new one! So i'm looking for a new phone

Droid:

Pairs up
Those that you call can't hear you

What else is there to say?

VR2V8
01-22-2010, 09:56 PM
2010 S5 navigation

Samsung Rogue (Verizon) -- Everything works, except importing address book into car. You have to speak the full phone number or enter it on the nav screen or phone to make a call.

Quattrofan02
02-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Can anyone confirm if Verizon's HTC Droid Eris or Sprint's HTC Hero are fully compatible?
Thanks

channad
02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I just got a Verizon HTC Droid Eris...can't connect to BT. Don't know what's up with it. It's reall annoying!

GC31
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
RNS-E

Phone: iPhone 3Gs

neverfollow-rs4
02-11-2010, 09:17 PM
...has anybody tried the iPhone 3Gs yet?

Works fine.

Quattrofan02
02-17-2010, 11:14 AM
How about AT&T's Blackberry Bold 9700. Any issues? Other blackberrys seem to work well.

JeST
03-02-2010, 08:21 PM
How about AT&T's Blackberry Bold 9700. Any issues? Other blackberrys seem to work well.

Haven't messed around with it too much but I was able to pair mine no problem. Tested with a few phone calls.

After a few more days of use the 9700 (T-Mobile) works with the car but no access to phonebook.

Machupo
05-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Anyone tried a Nexus One?

I'm looking into hardwiring the car mount to the stereo so I can use it for in car nav / music / BT phonecalls :)

LucFuture
05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Phone: Motorola Droid

Matt@EuropaParts
05-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm having issues with my BlackBerry Tour on Verizon, so I figured I'd post. Any help is appreciated (RNS-E w/ OEM Bluetooth, J Module; retrofitted into a B6 A4; Euro RS4 steering wheel):

Phone: BlackBerry Tour

2piece06
05-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm having issues with my BlackBerry Tour on Verizon, so I figured I'd post. Any help is appreciated (RNS-E w/ OEM Bluetooth, J Module; retrofitted into a B6 A4; Euro RS4 steering wheel):

Phone: BlackBerry Tour

Matt,

I have a 2010 A4 Q Avant and when I pair, my audio for phone, and all other audio is gone. Any advise?

Dancab
06-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Sony Ericsson K660i works fine. All functions can be used

spidey9999
08-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Anybody tried a Blackberry Torch with a B7 A4? Looking to get a Torch when they are released in Canada in October.

Thanks

mattfeet
10-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Phone: Motorola Droid

How do you transfer your phone book via bluetooth on your droid? Do I need to be running 2.2? Im on DroidX w/ Verizon and can only call by dialing from phone or entering through the Nav system. Thanks!

_Matt

gear_head81
10-09-2010, 05:25 PM
anyone know if the Sony Expira x10 work with RNS-E blue tooth, i know it uses droid software.

koolade9
11-23-2010, 10:19 AM
RNS-E

Phone: HTC Evo w/android 2.2

Zero problems [up]

Dancab
11-27-2010, 09:57 AM
RNS-E

Phone: Sony Ericsson Elm

swdea
12-18-2010, 10:27 AM
How do you transfer your phone book via bluetooth on your droid? Do I need to be running 2.2? Im on DroidX w/ Verizon and can only call by dialing from phone or entering through the Nav system. Thanks!

_Matt

Did you ever find out how to download your phone book from your Droid via blue tooth? I am having the same problem.

rhaha
12-27-2010, 04:29 PM
anyone know if the Samsung captivate works? i'm able to pair mine but doesn't connect. are there downloads or upgrades taht one can get?

b7a4GT30
12-30-2010, 03:02 PM
looking at buying a revision b bluetooth module for my rns-e. I am wondering if the BB Torch will work with this.

has anyone tried this?

Blackavant55
03-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi all,

Just to let you know about the issue with all Blackberry's that have the BES (Black Berry Enterprise Server) enabled and setup, this is down to memory allocation and the PUSH settings in the BB vs VAG BT. The VAG BT unit cannot handle the ammount of data that the BB wants to push to it so it allocates what it can, this means that your phone book will be transfered last (and in most cases not at all!).

Happily there is a work around. If you clear all phone logs, dialled numbers, text and email messages your BB will at least transfer your phone book. You will need to do this every time you pair the device though.

I have had so many BB's Pearl, Curve, Bold etc and ALL work fine until you enable the BES system, my tip would be, if you can live wityhout the BES then live without it your VAG BT will work fine.

b7a4GT30
03-15-2011, 04:35 PM
i dont have BES but am wondering if the BB Torch works?

quattroism25
03-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Anyone know if a htc hero will work on a the rns-e? I also need to buy bluetooth module, which part number works for a retrofit 2005 S4 with a euro rns-e?

LagIsForePlay
04-24-2011, 09:43 PM
I have Symphony II and my Droid X pairs but no phone book download. Has anyone had any luck?

philaboy
05-18-2011, 12:05 PM
verizion 4G thunderbolt works. Phone book downloads to!

gear_head81
05-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Motorola Atirx works but that's about it, no phone book, resent call or anything else.

LagIsForePlay
06-08-2011, 11:49 AM
I have Symphony II and my Droid X pairs but no phone book download. Has anyone had any luck?

Update: With the new Ginger Bread update my phone book now downloads! Droid X

gundal.chung
08-30-2011, 01:34 PM
I have the HTC Thunderbolt, and it wont pair up with the car, pos...haha well i gotta contact audi and see what they can do.

Twowheelsgood
09-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Hi Gundal.Chung, any progress with the HTC TB? I've got an old Samsung Omnia that pairs fine with my S4, including phonebook, but I need to get an Android or iPhone for other work-related issues and I'm worried about the BT sync issues. I'm also restricted to whatever Verizon offers.

AudiMan
09-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Anyone have luck with the Samsung Galaxy S3?

sircastic
10-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Anyone have luck with the Samsung Galaxy S3?

Mine works fine, phonebook download and all.

AudiMan
10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Mine works fine, phonebook download and all.

Thanks! I got it last night and it works great.

bitnaut
10-13-2012, 11:24 PM
I can confirm iPhone 5 works fine with RNS-E bluetooth!

tmw57
03-29-2014, 12:00 AM
My Droid Bionic will not sync contacts with my '07 S4 Avant.

The phone O.S. is up to date. Any thoughts?